PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Legend

wraggster
June 12th, 2006, 21:17
The asian version of Tomb Raider Legend has been released, heres the details:

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/PA.66989.007.jpg

• Lara comes to life - the dual-pistol-wielding adventurer’s polygon count and animation set has been increased significantly, presenting Lara in the finest fidelity to date
• Return to the Tombs: Lara’s new quest brings her to lost ancient realms that guard Secrets of the Past
• Fluid movement: the revamped control system provides intuitive and fluid character movement
• Dynamic animation system puts focus on continuous motion, giving Lara the ability to seamlessly handle any obstacle and interact dynamically with any surface
• Move and shoot. Lara uses her physical prowess to combine gunplay with unique signature moves
• Variety of player choice - intelligently use the environment, technical gear and weapons to overcome challenging situations.
• Physics, Water and Fire systems bring the perilous environments of Lara’s world alive, and challenge the player to improvise solutions to obstacles
• Visit a vast array of cinematic & exotic locations including ancient tombs, dangerous jungles, snowy mountain ruins and numerous unexpected surprises in between!

More info --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-bl-49-en-84-j-70-1fot.html

phantom6274
June 12th, 2006, 21:43
Can't wait until it comes out for the US!

Fanjita
June 13th, 2006, 15:49
I bought the UK version on Friday, and to be honest I was very disappointed.

The camera is very clumsy, the controls are nasty, load times are very long, and I just don't find it very playable.

Quite a disappointment IMHO, I found myself fighting against the game most of the time. Compared with something more natural like Daxter, it's awful to play.

ACID
June 13th, 2006, 16:41
I aggre with Fanjita i imported the game also and its was a wasted of money atleast for me. So eany new tricks up your bag Fanjita.

samthegreat68
June 13th, 2006, 23:09
poor laura, looks like we gotta wait till sony releases ps1 emu to get our croft on then.

Zion
June 13th, 2006, 23:22
is it really that bad?

Physicist
June 14th, 2006, 12:35
Well I, for one, am glad I got that census. I was going to buy it but I'll buy that game with the dragons in it maybe... anyone played that?

Physicist
June 14th, 2006, 12:48
monster hunter.

mr_nick666
June 14th, 2006, 12:52
This sounded very good from the blurb at the start :)
Now Ive read the comments I dont think I'll bother! :(
Soul Reaver anyone??? :D

Baboon
June 14th, 2006, 12:56
Monster Hunter every time! ;)

...Out of interest, what firmware version can u play this on? Is it above 2.6??

Physicist
June 14th, 2006, 13:03
I think all new releases come with the latest FW version. Not 100% though. I havent bought any games that are newer than the 2.01 release.

Baboon
June 14th, 2006, 13:07
Its just that I bought Monster Hunter last month and it was 2.6, I bought an import copy of Capcom Generation remixed and that was 2.6 (and it still isnt out in the UK yet! lol)... I was just hoping it might still be a 2.6 release in the UK?

Fanjita
June 14th, 2006, 13:58
Its just that I bought Monster Hunter last month and it was 2.6, I bought an import copy of Capcom Generation remixed and that was 2.6 (and it still isnt out in the UK yet! lol)... I was just hoping it might still be a 2.6 release in the UK?

I think I'm playing TR on my 2.6, but I can't remember for sure - it could be my 2.7.

But I'm not enjoying it, I just feel I should play it a bit longer so it doesn't feel like such a waste of cash...

Baboon
June 14th, 2006, 14:03
Ok thanks... If its thats bad then i think i'll just give it a miss anyway (was really just curious to see if 2.7 has hit the UK yet).

Its a shame tho cause on my mates 360 it looks quite good.

Ta

Physicist
June 14th, 2006, 15:36
But I'm not enjoying it, I just feel I should play it a bit longer so it doesn't feel like such a waste of cash...

lol thats amusing, you feel obliged to play a game you dont even want to play :rolleyes: