PDA

View Full Version : MPlayer CE 0.76 released

wraggster
November 27th, 2009, 19:37
Mplayer CE is a fork of the Team Twiizers MPlayer port, combining elements of MPlayerWii and GeeXboX

Changelog
Fixes for 4.2 update
Stability fixes (hopefully freezing is gone forever now)
Network (LAN and WAN) speeds increased
Added directory play feature
YouTube section entirely revamped
Added Nintendo Channel content (quality may not yet be optimal) (thanks to yellowstar6 for his work on ninchdl-listext)

Many, many more bugs fixed

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE

[B]Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

VampDude
November 27th, 2009, 19:50
Awesome, I will test this in a bit... When I find something to shift onto my USB. :cool:

XDelusion
November 29th, 2009, 04:56
I'm sticking with 0.75.

With it, my system does not lock up, with 0.76, it seems to be up to it's old high jinks. :/

djdynamite123
November 29th, 2009, 08:47
I'm sticking with 0.75.

With it, my system does not lock up, with 0.76, it seems to be up to it's old high jinks. :/really? there is a bug that if you launch it, and try browsing usb to fast it could lock up, hard to fix :|

How does it lock up for you?

Susceptor
December 21st, 2009, 17:43
I have an european Wii (firmware 4.2e). I installed DVDx and The Homebrew Channel (latest versions) using my SD card (Kingston SDHC 4GB Class 4). On the same card I tried putting MPlayer CE and my Wii froze. I tried to put MPlayer on a USB stick (Samsung 4GB) and it worked.

So... how come it works on my USB Stick, but not using SD card? (I also tried another 2GB card and it didn't work, so I'm guessing the problem might not be with the cards)

hagelt18
December 31st, 2009, 02:32
MPlayerCE v0.76 boasts "Added directory play feature ". I have the new version on my wii and have messed around with it quite a bit...but this feature didn't seem to exist. Anyone else having issues with that or is it just me?

@Susceptor

Are you able to load any other apps from the SD cards? The only thing I could think of is maybe the cards are formatted as NTFS when they should be FAT or FAT32.

djdynamite123
December 31st, 2009, 08:47
autoload feature works, you could come to mplayer_ce on EFNET irc and pick up a late beta.