PDA

View Full Version : DS Lite - it's a sell out!

wraggster
June 12th, 2006, 23:25
News from Gamespot (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6152621.html)

The DS Lite has finally launched in North America, and some retailers opened their doors at midnight Saturday night--the very earliest that stores could legally sell the handheld. The DS Lite is a new spin on the original DS, which was released in late 2004. Smaller, lighter, and including a brighter screen, the Lite is available in the Polar White model for $129.99

That is, if you can find one. The launch of the DS Lite is yet another example of new gaming systems selling out on day one in metropolitan areas. The major online retailers, including GameStop.com, EBgames.com, BestBuy.com, and Amazon.com (by way of GameStop.com), are currently all sold out (as of press time), as are several brick-and-mortar stores.

Availability of the unit doesn't seem to be as bad in the US as it was in Japan. Gamers determined to pick up a DS Lite today can probably do so, providing they don't mind driving an hour or two.

Shilo
June 12th, 2006, 23:36
I knew it would be a big hit! I gota get one :D

V3N0M
June 13th, 2006, 00:01
Me too. Unfortunatly all the stores around me are sold out...With the exception of target that has like 20 of them! Probaly gonna have to get one today.

emuking
June 13th, 2006, 00:17
every store except gamestop eb and bestbuy has them in stock, im getting one this week

V3N0M
June 13th, 2006, 00:21
all those are sold out by me. Target is the only one left...Now i just need to go get it before it sell out! lol

Shilo
June 13th, 2006, 00:53
all those are sold out by me. Target is the only one left...Now i just need to go get it before it sell out! lol

Well, you better hurry! I bet by the end of this week, no store will have them instock.

SSaxdude
June 13th, 2006, 01:55
The Lite looks cool, but still not a huge improvment over the original. I think the GBA to the GBA SP was a huge improvement. I'm just gonna stick with my slightly more bulky DS.

V3N0M
June 13th, 2006, 03:17
Its a pretty big improvement...brighter screens, Lighter DS, the touch screen is more sensitive(like a PDA), The battery life has doubled and now up to 19 hours, Better stylus, Aloung with a new look. Makes a huge difference to me anyway. So i decided to get one. But i never bought a DS before. So i'm taking advantage of the situation instead of getting one when they originaly came out...I waited for a revision that happens about every year lol.

Junixx
June 13th, 2006, 03:27
I have an original DS, and even still i think its a big improvement, considering i take my DS just about everywhere i go, i could use the extra pocketspace with a DS lite

nickerous
June 13th, 2006, 03:32
ebgames here only got 6 units......Wal-mart got about 20 and I got mine tonight. Awesome stuff! Got MML on the way!

Junixx
June 13th, 2006, 04:59
:( i want to get one but im saving for a GP2X...and i might trade my original DS + homebrew things to get a DS lite...

emuking
June 13th, 2006, 09:30
they wont be hard to get here at all we dont live in japan after all, well for me at least i live in the us lol im getting one tommorow from toys r us or bestbuy or circuit city

Junixx
June 14th, 2006, 04:53
<slightyl off-topic> Shilo...ilove your pic, thats an awesome game :D