PDA

View Full Version : TVersity Media Server Now Supporting PSP

wraggster
June 12th, 2006, 23:35
Heres the info:

What is the TVersity Media Server?

The TVersity Media Server lets you manage your Internet and home media and create your personalized lineup of channels, or as we call it your Personal Entertainment Guide (PEG). It then serves this media to a multitude of networked devices in the home or on the go, overcoming their inherent limitations by doing all the necessary conversions on the fly, and thus making your media available anywhere, anytime and from any device.

What devices are supported by the TVersity Media Server?

TVersity is the most versatile media server and the only one that is truly universal in the range of devices it supports. TVersity can serve media to:

- Devices supporting the UPnP AV / DLNA standard (which is the de-facto standard for connecitivity between devices in the digital home). This includes devices like networked TVs, DVDs, Stereo Receivers, Digital Media Adapaters/Receivers, Cell Phones, Satellite and Cable set-top-boxes and more.
- Devices with a web browser (XHTML-MP or WAP 2.0) and media streaming or downloading capabilities like mobile phones, PDAs, the Sony PSP, and more.
- Devices with an RSS reader and media streaming or downloading capabilities like the Sony PSP, iTunes/iPod and more.

More Info --> http://www.tversity.com/download.html

joesnose
June 12th, 2006, 23:47
psp 2.6 or higher, thats what is says on the website

Video_freak
June 12th, 2006, 23:52
that sux......

wiot
June 13th, 2006, 00:02
so does video work with this?

mavsman4457
June 13th, 2006, 02:54
does links have rss support?

Illegal Machine
June 13th, 2006, 05:48
all the more reason why we need 2.71 support on the next release of DEVHOOK

Tesseract
July 31st, 2007, 22:57
I just recently stumbled upon this gem of an application via the Official Playstation Message Boards (tutorial here (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=pspmedia&thread.id=174473&view=by_date_ascending&page=1)). It works quite well, although there are a few issues I was hoping someone might be able to help with.

First, when I save an RSS feed to my PSP, it saves it with a title of "-". That's.... not too helpful, especially once I get going and put multiple feeds on here. Is there a way to specify what TVersity uses for that title?

Secondly, I haven't been able to stream video successfully yet. I've tested with both my PC and PSP, and both cause the media server to crash. I re-downloaded the FFDShow codec, as is recommended by the TVersity Web Site (http://tversity.com/home/), but that didn't help. I'm just assuming that I have some settings mucked up, but any insight would be handy.

Buddy4point0
July 31st, 2007, 23:35
why bring back this thread, its so old. look at the dates of stuff man

and psp cant stream video. u have to download it then watch it

Tesseract
August 1st, 2007, 00:23
I used this thread because it was already here when I searched for 'TVersity'. Isn't it considered proper Board etiquette to re-use an old topic rather than starting a new one?

Anyhow, I understand that the PSP won't stream the video. That's not the issue. What happens is that I click on the Video entry in the RSS thread on the PSP, it says it's downloading, but it just hangs at 0% and the Media Server on my PC crashes. When I test the same file via the built-in viewer on TVersity, I get the same result.