PDA

View Full Version : NEOGEO CDZ Emulator for PSP 0.4.5

wraggster
June 13th, 2006, 00:15
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/img/icon0.png

NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/download_e.html) Has released a new version of his excellent NeoGeo CD Emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

ver.0.4.5

The execution speed drop from ver.0.4 has been improved.
(I think that it became almost the same speed as ver.0.3.1.)

The bug in file browser that keep accessing file when displaying title image
from the zipped file has been fixed.

The function of the counter for the timing measurement has been changed.

Japanese font data was deleted from English version.
Therefore, the Japanese version command list can be used only in the
Japanese UI version.

And, some small bugs has been fixed.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

V3N0M
June 13th, 2006, 00:19
I'd like to be the first to say. Great work! and hopefully WI FI is implemented some how in the future...

xiringu
June 13th, 2006, 02:01
and a question...

anyone knows if this superb emulator could be running also NeoGeo roms and NeoGeo Pocket in the future (not just NeoGeo CD)?

anyway, thanks for the emu, and I really mean it :D

BALL_SAC
June 13th, 2006, 02:14
HELL YEAH!!!! NICE EMULATER!!!!
This one works nicely, now on 4.6... LETS SEE MULTIPLAYER!

Voltron
June 13th, 2006, 03:02
anyone knows if this superb emulator could be running also NeoGeo roms and NeoGeo Pocket in the future (not just NeoGeo CD)?

This question has been raised in the past. What has been said in the past is that it is MUCH harder to emulate the NEO Geo Console for some reason. So even if it can be done, it is not likely to be as flawless as this Neo Geo CD Emulator is.

I hope to someday see a Neo Geo Emulator as there are some good games that were not made for CD.

Anyway, PSP emulation is reaching extraordinary heights. I hope growth remains strong. Great work NJ!

10shu
June 13th, 2006, 05:33
and a question...

anyway, thanks for the emu, and I really mean it :D

I think the lastest version de mame4all can run small neogeo roms.

Illegal Machine
June 13th, 2006, 05:45
I love NJ..

the reason that you can't have NEO GEO games is that those cartriges kept a lot of the data and chips that would regularly be found on the motherboard of the console ON the cartriges themselves.. this is why they were like 400 bucks a piece when they were out, and also why only the MOST spoiled children had them.

its also the main reason why you can't have a NEO GEO emulator. I read that the GP2X people got them to stream from an external source with good results, but then again thats open source

gensuke
June 13th, 2006, 10:14
The reason is ram related.
While a neogeo CD can stream the required data from the CD, a neogeo would load all the content of a cartridge in the ram all in once.

And the PSP has not enough ram to do it, plain and simple.

O-bake
June 13th, 2006, 10:38
Use the Mame4All 0.2, it runs many NeoGeo games nearly fullspeed.
And hopefully we will see a v0.3 with better sound and scaling soon :)

kimbonious
June 13th, 2006, 10:45
how bout a save state featurE???

Plowking
June 13th, 2006, 15:16
EDIT: Originally I said you could convert your mp3's down from 128 kbps to 64 to save space.

Well I did, and the emulator now plays the music at twice the speed it should.

So back to the drawing board... :confused:

McGiggles
June 13th, 2006, 16:12
Yamp can do it! Just convert the mp3 to a .wav and the rencode the mp3 and choose the quality you want.

ACID
June 13th, 2006, 16:37
How do you use this Yamp thing i can't seem to get it to work

grit
June 14th, 2006, 00:10
I've just converted the mp3 files from 128 to 64 and it doesn't plays the music at twice the speed, it plays nice infact.
I've used iTunes..

Great idea, BTW. My 2GB card got much bigger!!

samthegreat68
June 14th, 2006, 01:53
i just deleted all the mp3's and metal slug still has sound and everything

V3N0M
June 14th, 2006, 02:11
Ya the basic sounds like gunfire and beeps and mission complete are not MP3's. But are part of the game. Using .zip with no music gets Mslug 1 to about 11 Mb. Thats what i do and using Ir shell to play my own music makes it even better.

We do need to find a coder who could make the Neo geo emulater. There should be ways around the ram issue.

But if anyone can explain how to shrink the music with perfect results please explain how you do it.

Plowking
June 14th, 2006, 14:58
I've just converted the mp3 files from 128 to 64 and it doesn't plays the music at twice the speed, it plays nice infact.
I've used iTunes..

Great idea, BTW. My 2GB card got much bigger!!

Cool, I'll have to try it again using a different application to convert them and see if it works.

I'll use that Yamp thing.

grit
June 15th, 2006, 03:11
NJ has been up to something new:
The so much asked neo-geo emulator! :D
Chech his web site (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/) for a early alpha 0.1 version.

July 5th, 2006, 16:45
Cool this works good. But there is not alot of games that you can download. Can't wait for multiplayer