PDA

View Full Version : internet channel hack?

katachristic
November 29th, 2009, 07:50
does anyone know any hacks to add features to the internet channel? or maybe a different browser?

objectives being...
1. upload and dl files. (to and from sd or ext. hdd. uses including...email, msg boards, etc)
2. run flash player
3. run more audio and video formats.
4. maybe play java games.

VampDude
November 29th, 2009, 18:45
There are currently no Internet Channel hacks, though it has been discussed many times before the Homebrew Channel brought with it the possibilities of maybe a custom browser.

1.) You can only download files from the Homebrew Browser, maybe oneday there will be something that will allow uploading... Though from the Wii, I feel would be pointless where it's easier to use a PC.

2.) Again, the answer is Homebrew. Within the media programs, though you can watch and listen to a few flash players, but nothing new as Nintendo and Opera aren't throwing money into the constant updates that a PC based internet browser would have.

3.) The same as the previous question and answer.

4.) Java requires more resources than the Wii could possibly handle within the Internet Channel, though with homebrew it is possible to run a host of java based games within an emulator. Though I wouldn't know entirely about the online java titles, unless there was a patchable download.

katachristic
November 30th, 2009, 05:56
no pc cept at school... (workin like a dog for that degree)

wanting addictinggames on wii...

okay...know how to find a vista admins password (w\o changing it)?

katachristic
November 30th, 2009, 06:02
wow bro. sorru bout your wii. i take it mario was pretty badass? umm...just open it up n take a peek. if nothins melted, spray it with some good ol canned air and retry. might help.

VampDude
November 30th, 2009, 17:36
no pc cept at school... (workin like a dog for that degree)

wanting addictinggames on wii...

okay...know how to find a vista admins password (w\o changing it)?

There are many ways, but the password would have to be changed via the registry. It's the only way I know.

wow bro. sorru bout your wii. i take it mario was pretty badass? umm...just open it up n take a peek. if nothins melted, spray it with some good ol canned air and retry. might help.

Mario Bros. Wii is an awesome game, I worked it to world 5 on my second file without tuning off the console, which pretty much annoyed me. Either the console or the PSU is burnt out, which I will be purchasing another Wii sometime soon to see where the defunct is and what I can salvage in the means of trading since the Wii is a console in demand for spare parts (a good way to make some cash on buying another console - and gaining an extra Wii-Remote or two). :cool:

katachristic
December 2nd, 2009, 06:00
very true. i need more wiimotes but am far too broke to buy any...
id be devastated if i lost the one i have...especially bc it runs the only web browser i have at home...

what about creating a new admin account? (from a very restricted user account)
then i could do my business, delete the account, and repeat the next day.

VampDude
December 5th, 2009, 22:35
what about creating a new admin account? (from a very restricted user account)
then i could do my business, delete the account, and repeat the next day.

You cannot create an admin account from a regular user on Vista, as can be seen (for me) from the standard user I created 'TEST - katachristic' which trying to manage a new account prompts a password. You would have to know the password, which you could use a tool to change or remove the password. Just pressing the Return key is my password, it could be the same for the PC you are trying, because people are mostly lazy when it comes down to passwords and Vista (especially when there are too many prompts). :cool:

katachristic
December 6th, 2009, 08:02
tried it but no dice.
there is another way though...;)

do you know how i might up the quality of the video i shot of the password being typed in?

katachristic
December 7th, 2009, 07:37
my phones using this really irritating 3gp format so im gonna set up this mmc i found...with any luck a bigger pic means easier read...