PDA

View Full Version : Portable HangMan V1.0

wraggster
June 13th, 2006, 00:39
kennethdm posted this news/release:

Another simple game which used to be played a lot. After my last PMM release, some guy asked me why no one ever made a hangman game for the psp. And since it isn't that hard to code, here is one :)
The goal is simple, use the keyboard to guess a letter which you think is in word you have to guess. If it is a letter of the word(s), this letter will be
shown at the correct place(s). If the letter is not present in the word(s), one part of the gallow will be drawn, this until you either run out of guesses,
or you guess the word. There is also a category displayed for each word, at the moment there are 4:
- songs (number one songs)
- movies (top box office movies)
- sports
- animals

You can press Triangle to take a screenshot.

for people who aren't satisfied with the words currently available, or if they want to translate it to their own language, you can. Just open the hangword.txt file, where you can add or delete words. the first letter of the word is the
theme:
a = animal
s = song
p = sport
m = movie

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mr_nick666
June 13th, 2006, 09:50
Cool! :) Im sure someone asked for this in another thread and here it is! ;) You ask and you get! :D

kennethdm
June 13th, 2006, 10:54
Indeed, when I released my portable mastermind game, someone posted this in the thread:

I love this idea of setting up a puzzle for another player to solve. Is there any thought about doing a Hangman game for the PSP, where one player can set the hidden word(s) for the other player to solve?

I wonder why nobody's done a Hangman game to date? Seems like a simple enough game with plenty of replay value. Could even toss in some multi-player support with some Wheel-of-Fortune style gameplay.

Word games K-I-C-K A-_-_ ! (Fill in the blanks)

so I made one :) wasn't really that much of an effort anyway

Edge Master
June 13th, 2006, 18:18
its a time killer

Shadowblind
June 13th, 2006, 18:45
Cool! :) Im sure someone asked for this in another thread and here it is! ;) You ask and you get! :D

really.... then I ask for Mechwarrior 3 to be ported to PSP :D

gsyph0
June 14th, 2006, 04:03
hmm. Looks interesting, but I'm running out of space on my memory stick. Sorry!