PDA

View Full Version : PiMPStreamer 0.61

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2006, 15:41
It seems DickyDick1969 Has brought us a new PiMPStreamer Version 0.61!

PiMpStreamer will allow one to stream videos from there pc via wifi to ones psp! Truely a must for that on the go episode of south park, Or that movie you just cant live without seeing on your psp!

DickyDick1969 http://www.pimpware.org

Heres what he had to say..

A very small update..(Blame the WC Soccer)
It bothered me that some content played better in 0.5 than in 0.55/0.6.. (noticable were the rss tiki bar episodes) So i fixed it..
About the problem of time jumping and also frame skipping… Appearently the ffmpeg libs don’t feed the server enough audio frames to keep up with the video frames, when started in between. If that happens the streaming ends. I would love to have a way to decide *what* frame (audio/video) should be fetched by the ffmeg libs, so I could keep it in to pace with the streaming. Perhaps I should look to other libraries to read video content?

Download and leave feeback via comments

June 13th, 2006, 18:01
does it work on fw 2.6 because previous versions have not

Edge Master
June 13th, 2006, 18:14
Yes i would like to know aswell

telnaur
June 13th, 2006, 18:17
I'm having problems with this one on fw1.5
ver.0.60 just never connected to the server, and this ver. (0.61) shutsoff my psp after about 10 seconds of waiting for 'playlist'. it can connect to my wifi, but havn't got it to work beyond that.
any help would be nice!
(no, I didn't forget to configure the .ini files first...)

salomon st
June 13th, 2006, 18:17
i would like to know also

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2006, 18:21
Ive tested this myself also.
And I have to say, It seems to shut my psp down every time I try to run it. No I dont believe this works on higher firmwares then 1.5 but I dont know for sure. As for this version, It doesnt seem to run at all oddly. If anyone gets this to work on there psp let us know. cause this shuts mine down too.

*dont shoot the newsman guys, I just post the news I dont create it :p

philage
June 13th, 2006, 18:35
Awsome, a new pimpstreamer, this is the homebrew i look forward to the most, I see some people are having issues, I will try this now and report back with my findings. I have not had any version upto now that has not run, every version has just become more capable.

[edit]

Worked fine first time of trying, watching a css clan video on it as i type :)

Thanks for the release and please keep up the fantastic work.

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2006, 18:37
Awsome, a new pimpstreamer, this is the homebrew i look forward to the most, I see some people are having issues, I will try this now and report back with my findings. I have not had any version upto now that has not run, every version has just become more capable.
we all want to know more about this one :cool:

philage
June 13th, 2006, 18:57

[edit]

The video/audio sync seems better in this release, i was having a couple of issues with previous versions, upto now, this is playing everything very well.

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2006, 18:58

Thanx bro ;) That makes me feel better about this release :p

philage
June 13th, 2006, 19:05
You must do the following to get pimpstreamer to work, or at least this is what i do (1.5 psp)

Edit the pimp ini file from the psp files so that your pc ip address is there instead of the default.

Have the following directory on your psp... /psp/Video/

Have at least 1 .pmp file in the Video dir mentioned above ( can be a dummy file )

Run pimpstreamer server on your pc from the windoze folder.

Thats pretty much it, as long as your network works ok it should run.

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2006, 19:11
You must do the following to get pimpstreamer to work, or at least this is what i do (1.5 psp)

Edit the pimp ini file from the psp files so that your pc ip address is there instead of the default.

Have the following directory on your psp... /psp/Video/

Have at least 1 .pmp file in the Video dir mentioned above ( can be a dummy file )

Run pimpstreamer server on your pc from the windoze folder.

Thats pretty much it, as long as your network works ok it should run. Thank you, I didnt know about the pmp file in the video directory *nods thats useful information to be sure :p Your a life saver bro :cool:

*EDIT ,you are the bomb bro!! I just tried the video directory with the pmp file and it works fine now, you know your stuff, your the man bro!! :cool:

philage
June 13th, 2006, 19:30
Thank you, I didnt know about the pmp file in the video directory *nods thats useful information to be sure :p Your a life saver bro :cool:

*EDIT ,you are the bomb bro!! I just tried the video directory with the pmp file and it works fine now, you know your stuff, your the man bro!! :cool:

No problem shadowprophet, glad you got it going :) hopefully it will help a couple of others who are getting stuck.

xenotfw
June 13th, 2006, 21:37
This version doesn't work for me :(
I've setup both the PC and PSP application but whenever I start the PSP application it will say 'stream directory "" ' and then crash..

The previous version worked fine for me tho :/ and yes I did remove the previous version before installing the new one.

mib_
June 13th, 2006, 23:17
For those that can't get this working:

make sure you have the following:

ms0:\PSP\VIDEO\dummy.pmp

you can make the dummy.pmp file with notepad. just start notepad and save the blank file. Then rename it to dummy.pmp

Tested and working on fw1.5

xenotfw
June 14th, 2006, 08:27
I've setup both the PC and PSP application but whenever I start the PSP application it will say 'stream directory "" ' and then crash..

The previous version worked fine for me tho :/ and yes I did remove the previous version before installing the new one.

Nevermind... after reinstalling the windows application again it works fine. :)

LazerTag
June 14th, 2006, 13:23

Nevermind... after reinstalling the windows application again it works fine.

Just FYI, on previous version 0.55 this was because you must also have at least 1 RSS feed, I assume the same was true here.

Anyway can't wait to install this one later and give it a try. Always good stuff here. I must remember to donate to this author soon.

xenotfw
June 14th, 2006, 18:45
Just FYI, on previous version 0.55 this was because you must also have at least 1 RSS feed, I assume the same was true here.

Anyway can't wait to install this one later and give it a try. Always good stuff here. I must remember to donate to this author soon.

That solved my problems indeed. :)

telnaur
June 14th, 2006, 21:44
For those that can't get this working:

make sure you have the following:

ms0:\PSP\VIDEO\dummy.pmp

you can make the dummy.pmp file with notepad. just start notepad and save the blank file. Then rename it to dummy.pmp

Tested and working on fw1.5

thnx a bunch for the info, never would have figured it out on my own.
works like a charm now
Great homebrew!
now I just wanna see it gain support for wma and a few other formats, than also be able to view other formats like jpg/bmp, and be able to copy files from the pc to the memory.