PDA

View Full Version : Flash Selector v1.0 for 2.7+ fw only

Nafogel
June 13th, 2006, 17:02
This is a simple html document allowing for easier selection of flash files on your 2.7+ psp. I've had the idea for quite some time now, and I've finally decided to take that idea into action. The html code is extremely simplified to allow html illiterate people to easily manage this "app". See the read me file included to see how to use it.:) Included are a few simple flash games to get you started. This is my first attempt at making an app for the psp and I would appreciate any tips or comments.:rolleyes:

V3N0M
June 14th, 2006, 06:06
What exactly does this allow you to do?

Vangar
June 14th, 2006, 14:14
Its nothing more then a html doc with a table, with links to swf files?

Thats not an App, it's just lame.

Euro
June 14th, 2006, 14:41
So, this thing can bee helpfull if you have good flash games:):o

Nafogel
June 14th, 2006, 17:34
What exactly does this allow you to do?
it tells you what it does in the first sentence. this is more of a concept, i just wanted to show people how easy it is to access your flash games without bookmarking every single one, if it gets enough attention i will modify it and make another release;)

Lebow
June 14th, 2006, 17:42
This as a good program and it's amazing inccluding this is you first psp application ever. This app is very usefull and can organize aff the flash games to start getting more out of the psp, GAMES FOR 2.7 PSP it may not be homebrew but it's a great start

mr_nick666
June 14th, 2006, 18:49
Its nothing more then a html doc with a table, with links to swf files?

Thats not an App, it's just lame.

It does what its meant to do.. Seems usefull to me.. Anything to make life easier! :D

vstro24
June 14th, 2006, 22:04
I followed the directions over and over and over again but when I type in "File:/menu.htm it says cant show content. Can You PLEASE help I've been waiting for somthing for V2.7 for so long!

Nafogel
June 15th, 2006, 00:00
I followed the directions over and over and over again but when I type in "File:/menu.htm it says cant show content. Can You PLEASE help I've been waiting for somthing for V2.7 for so long!
Did you extract the contents of the folder DIRECTLY onto the memstick root? For this app to work everything must be directly on the root of the memstick, not in any subfolders, you can pm me if you need more help.

vstro24
June 15th, 2006, 01:02
Did you extract the contents of the folder DIRECTLY onto the memstick root? For this app to work everything must be directly on the root of the memstick, not in any subfolders, you can pm me if you need more help.

No I wasnt doin that. I never took the files out of the folder. Thanks for that quick response! It works great now!:) Now that I have the menu working how do I save flash games so I can put it on my psp? Thanks:cool:

Nafogel
June 15th, 2006, 02:06
No I wasnt doin that. I never took the files out of the folder. Thanks for that quick response! It works great now!:) Now that I have the menu working how do I save flash games so I can put it on my psp? Thanks:cool:
I include full instructions on how to use your own games in the read me file. If i make a future release:rolleyes: i will include some better flash games and more compatible menu design, as well as links to flash game websites:)

Vangar
June 15th, 2006, 05:10
It does what its meant to do.. Seems usefull to me.. Anything to make life easier! :D

Alright, but at least don't call it an application - because its a html document. Not saying you did, but others.

dark_mage_soldier
June 15th, 2006, 06:52
do you know any good flash game sites?

mr_nick666
June 15th, 2006, 12:33
do you know any good flash game sites?

Theres loads of Flash games on this forum! :)

There IS alot of tat on it but theres some good flash games at muchosucko.com :p

gamaster
June 20th, 2006, 19:42
i used it... its sweet

gamaster
June 20th, 2006, 20:36
u should make another 1... i would use it

gammern
June 21st, 2006, 00:34
http://dl.qj.net/Homebrew-Games-PSP-Flash-Games/catid/490

Here are some flash stuff!:)

Nafogel
June 22nd, 2006, 19:51
Version 1.1 is now out. You can check it out <a href="http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27372">here</a>:cool:

peanutismint
June 23rd, 2006, 14:04
I can navigate to the menu file but I still can't seem to get the games to run! It just keeps saying "The content cannot be displayed". I've got V2.71, and I have the menu.htm in the root and then the rest of the contents in PSP/FLASH/

Any ideas?

Nafogel
June 23rd, 2006, 17:25
I can navigate to the menu file but I still can't seem to get the games to run! It just keeps saying "The content cannot be displayed". I've got V2.71, and I have the menu.htm in the root and then the rest of the contents in PSP/FLASH/

Any ideas?
Hey, the reason they wont load is because this thread is for v1.0. This version loads directly from the memory stick root(not from PSP/FLASH/). The newer version, v1.1, does load from that directory though. You can get v1.1 <a href="http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27372">here.</a>

westlake
June 23rd, 2006, 17:58
this is a cool thing. it is also simple 2 use. its not homebrew, but it is awesome for 2.71:)

westlake
August 1st, 2006, 12:27
what would the world do w/o flash games? especially now that there is an organizer...for the psp on the latest FW'S! GOOD WORK!!!!!

westlake
August 1st, 2006, 12:30
speaking of swf games, could they make a downgrader into a flash game or something? it makes sense to me and it would probably work on 2.71. they could probably put a downgrader on the internet to downgrade on the internet...just a thought