PDA

View Full Version : Mapviewer:::WIP & screenshot

deniska
June 13th, 2006, 23:20
I paused my porting projects and desided to work on a portable map viewer for PSP (code name MapThis!)
Here is a shot from a current (very buggy version):
http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/images/mapthis.jpg

The application will allow to:

- scroll though 3100x2500 pix map, covering ~ 52sq mi area with city level details.
- zoomout (currently very buggy)
- access area's attractions info (currently just restaurants) with name/address/phone
- mapping to gps coordinates, allowing the posibility of external gps feed
- one map with attrcations data takes ~ 1Mb of space on MS

-application will come with a linux/cygwin script to generate map tiles and data from public sources for given address. The script can be wraped in to a cgi wrapper and therefore turned in to a web service.

Please contact me if you want to lend a USB based GPS mouse for my experiments or want to work on the gps communication part (I want to create a USB driver, so it can be plugged in w/o soldering)

PSPdemon
June 14th, 2006, 01:59
!!!

Looks amazing!!!!....hope everything works out :D

ill talk to one of my tech friends....he might be able to hook you up with one....

ill contact you if i can have him send it to you

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

deniska
June 14th, 2006, 03:08
Thanks!

PSPdemon
June 14th, 2006, 03:16
Nvm....

he doesnt have one on him......but he is going to sell me one for about $150....if i can get the money sometime in the next month or so...i will try to get it for you....

on a tight budget right now thanks to monthly payments on me car....but ill set some money aside :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

P.S. - my friend works at this elctronics company.....thats how i get these kind of things....also, he is on the look out if he can pick one up cheaper than that.....so i might be able to get one cheaper...dont know...

narci
June 14th, 2006, 17:10
Nice.

Woul dit not be easier to try to port over existing GPS data out there?

deniska
June 14th, 2006, 17:56
Nice.

Woul dit not be easier to try to port over existing GPS data out there?
would you care to give an example of an open-source gps app with free data?

phatsua
June 16th, 2006, 21:25
i can hook u up it with a pocket pc application that also has a map of my country ..maybe u can port that one .. give me a pm with a messenger handle and we can talk

deniska
June 16th, 2006, 22:48
i can hook u up it with a pocket pc application that also has a map of my country ..maybe u can port that one .. give me a pm with a messenger handle and we can talk

1) do you have the source code? if so which prog language?
2) which country is this for? do you have map data?
do u have map data for USA?

phatsua
June 20th, 2006, 01:16
1. i dont have the source code , i only have the program (install kit)
2. Romanian Maps, i dont have a US map but i think i can get one for u :p

deniska
June 20th, 2006, 15:15
if you don't have the source code, then porting is out of the question :-(

anthonynguyen707
July 15th, 2006, 02:11
how do u get the gps on to the psp

lewbacca
July 25th, 2006, 21:08
deniska u could try to port "gpsdrive". its open source.

deniska
July 30th, 2006, 09:41
deniska u could try to port "gpsdrive". its open source.

Actually, I am developing a very similar application for psp... just be patient ;-)

hatre
August 7th, 2006, 19:34
hey very good job :) i'm very interesting by your soft ( scuse me i dont speak very good english lol ) if you want i cant try to translate it in french or give you some poi of france. I wait the final version of mapthis with interes good luck :D