PDA

View Full Version : My First Iris Map, Comments Welcomed

xtreameracer01
June 15th, 2006, 03:21
This is my first ever Iris map, if you have any comments or suggestions, please leave them.

There will be many more maps to come from me in the future...

Briggzy11
June 15th, 2006, 14:55
Hey its a fantastic map mayte...

...Great work Ill be using this especially when multiplayer is enabled :D

Buddy4point0
June 15th, 2006, 15:34
how bout some screenshots i cant find my usb cable to test and i wanna see what it looks like

Accordion
June 15th, 2006, 20:13
screenshots please, ive got no space on my 512mb has all my music on...
need a 2gb from picstop soon they're only £50 ex vat(£58 with vat) seems great price if anyones interested.

xtreameracer01
June 15th, 2006, 20:49
Hey its a fantastic map mayte...

...Great work Ill be using this especially when multiplayer is enabled :D
Thats what i was going for, but its ok for one person.

I will put some screenshots up the next chance i have...im on my psp now

dtothabreezy
June 15th, 2006, 21:13
love the map:cool: it would be asome for multiplayer

Buddy4point0
June 16th, 2006, 14:41
yea its deffinately a multiplayer map but if you put in some more obsticuls and made it higher you could try to get to the top and that would be fun

xtreameracer01
June 16th, 2006, 19:34
Thats what i did with my new map, "Project 54". Which i will finish and upload some time today

xtreameracer01
June 17th, 2006, 03:46
For those who havent downloaded my Open Up map and played it yet, here are screenshots of it. I took the pics during the making of the map in GTK Radiant.

xtreameracer01
June 17th, 2006, 04:05
Sorry to thriple post, but i just finished my newest map, Project 54. I do insist to read the "Read Me". It will explain most of the reasons why the map is SO SLOW, because this is ONE BIG A$$ MAP!!!

Buddy4point0
June 17th, 2006, 19:28
looks good i cant wait to try it

ENG
June 18th, 2006, 13:36
Trying it now, looks great, really liked the first map.

xtreameracer01
June 18th, 2006, 18:52
Trying it now, looks great, really liked the first map.

Well I appreciate that you like my maps. One thing though, i am out of map ideas, i was thinking of trying out a Halo map for the Halo mod....any suggestions? I`ll update which one i will make once i get suggestions but i was thinking of maybe Warlock, maybe

Buddy4point0
June 19th, 2006, 01:41
do a map of your house i am about to do one of mine and i mean detailed like mesure your walls and everything and make sure you make it to scale (the scale i use is i open up the example map for the tutorial and copy the wall i count that as 9 feet tall) then after we both finish we could put them next to each other dude i just thought of somethin! everyone who can make maps make one of your house with th scale i just said then we could make a community and make the ultament map we could live in dcemu town and have fakenotreallie street and xtreameracer ave. (since we will be the starters) then if it ever gets big enoph to need more space we could have things like psmonkey ct., podukt dr.,and sn!per lane, how bout it i think it would be awsome.

xtreameracer01
June 19th, 2006, 03:33
That sounds great...i will take my time on this map of my house with the most detail...

Buddy4point0
June 19th, 2006, 14:37
sweet so will i the ill make a little nighborhood and u tell me where to put your house

xtreameracer01
June 21st, 2006, 22:36
UPDATE:
I'm no were done with my "Xtreame Avenue" map of my house but i will work on it the next couple of days.

On the bright side, i did work a on map with my friend these past few days on his first idea for a map...."Hell"

I will finish some details and upload it in the next few hours with a few screenshots.

I will release Hell, my Xtreame Avenue, then i am considering to help out the Halo Mod community with a new Halo map....most likely Warlock or another map if i can find the textures for it...

xtreameracer01
June 22nd, 2006, 02:16
Here is a map I made with my friend over a period of just over a day in time, entitled "Hell". Hope you enjoy it.......oh yeah and "Welcome To Hell!"

ENG
June 22nd, 2006, 10:58
Got the hell map, testing it now.
wow, very good :)
thanks

xtreameracer01
June 22nd, 2006, 11:39
Got the hell map, testing it now.
wow, very good :)
thanks
Thanks...i highly enjoy the comments i have been getting on my maps...not bad for someone who started mapping a few weeks ago...and expect more to come with my next release of a map of my house to be in fakenotreallie and mine dcemu city, known as "Xtreame Avenue"...

stotheamuel
June 22nd, 2006, 21:06
great maps! I love hell. its a lil dark tho

xtreameracer01
June 23rd, 2006, 00:39
great maps! I love hell. its a lil dark tho
Thanks....but that was kinda of the point...

webboy
June 23rd, 2006, 17:14
man your a great map creator, i see u like a halo, ok how about a danger canyon iris version. it be great if you could.

xtreameracer01
June 23rd, 2006, 23:40
I could take a try at it...

xtreameracer01
June 29th, 2006, 04:34
Sorry for it being awhile till my last update on things...

1.)Fakenotreallie, i have put my "Xtreameracer Avenue" map on hold for awhile, im going out of town this weekend and will be working on a Halo make with ALF's help...

2.)On the other hand, i finally got a few spare time last night and put together this little map called "Raven Island"...it isnt the best map i made but its something...also its supposed to look like its an island with buildings on support beams through the water...

3.)Final....this will be one of my last maps to be released this month, and expect a "Halo Mod" map...(Warlock)...next month at some time....(ALF is the main contributer of helping me on that map with textures)

pennineunited26
July 10th, 2006, 16:56
wow i love open up...

but uhhh. i messed something up when i put it on , so the sky and everything didnt load, but its even cooler cause everythings all white

again, great map

Buddy4point0
July 16th, 2006, 02:46
its all good i kinda put the entire dcemu city on hold cause it was to big and i need somebody better than me at makeing textures i made some there ok but not good enopgh plus there is something like you can only have so many textures. hey dident you say alf made the hell textures? dude us 3 could team up to make a ultament map o yea btw i need you to convert my .map files into .bsp files if you could cause its not working for me. and i made a very detailed blood gulch map but im pretty sure its way way way to big so i have to fix it alot or i might not becase the halo iris mod guys are already working on it. ok cool.

xtreameracer01
July 16th, 2006, 05:55
1.)Alf didnt make my "Hell" textures, he help me on my "Warlock" map from halo....

2.)It's up to Alf if he would want us to form a mapping group.....i would love it, so its up to him

3.)i'll be glad to convert your .map files for you.....all i'll need is the textures in the appriote files and the .map and .bak (if made when saved) and ill convert them

And final, Bigmace or any of the halo mod groups, i would love to package my Warlock map (when finished) into a "Halo Mod Package" containing:

1.)Bigmace & 1337pspm0dd3r "Beavercreek" map (a.k.a. Monkeycreek) if she and you would want to do this

2.)my "Warlock" map

3.)ALF's "Turf" map (if he would allow it when finished)

4.)dtothabreezy's "Lockout" map (if he would also allow this when he has release his final version)

And anyone else who would love to make a Halo Mod map....

EDIT: Also i would enjoy that if pennineunited26 would allow his Master Chief skins in the "Halo Mod Package"...

ALF
July 17th, 2006, 20:25
I'd love to do a halo map pack but the Turf map im workin on is a big project so its going to be awhile till its released.

Ive also found your e-mail but u didnt attach the warlock map to the e-mail. I know this because the e-mail is only 3kbs and a map is at least more than 100kbs.:p

xtreameracer01
July 17th, 2006, 23:09
I did attach my map to the email, also try your private messages on this forum...

xtreameracer01
July 18th, 2006, 02:28
So recap.....

1.) I will package together a "Halo Mod Package" once everyone is done with a decent version of the map, which of right now include:

a.) "Warlock" from xtreameracer01 (me)

b.) "Turf" from Alf

c.) and anyone else who will send me there maps when they are done and ill include you in the package.....

P.S. Once that is done, I would want to construct a team on a map i have had in mine for awhile now, but lets not mention that now....

shiveringblade
August 13th, 2006, 03:41
you can add my maps if you like to your halo pack collection

heres are the files :)

pennineunited26
August 21st, 2006, 23:40
oh wow yea you can use my master chief skins if you want to.

im hapy to contribute to the halo mod.