PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Web Portal for PSP

N1ghtshade
June 15th, 2006, 04:34
NOTE: THIS VERSION IS ABOUT 1 YEAR OLD! THERE IS A SLIGHTLY NEWER VERSION AT http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30057

Well I was looking through x5 and WinPSPortal and thinking, wouldn't it be great if there was a portal promoting Firefox? So I set out to write one. I have and its basically a copy of the Firefox Start Page that I have shrunken down and optimized for the PSP.
<BR>
Features Include:
<BR>
Google Search changed to Google Search Mobile
Integration with Gmail and Google RSS Reader
Javascript Games
"hot" Extensions (can be downloaded and used without a computer. )
A link collection of PSP-friendly Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
One open Bookmark for you to customize
<BR>
For Installation instructions read the readme. Feedback and constructive critisism are always encouraged. Expect version 1.5 to be out in about a month or so (got some traveling to do)

N1ghtshade
June 15th, 2006, 04:54
FoxGlove: firefox that fits like a glove

LAMPRO
June 15th, 2006, 06:15
anybody test this yet?

jman420
June 15th, 2006, 09:06
anyone know what it does???? it seems like its just a html viewer...

N1ghtshade
June 15th, 2006, 15:06
I'm not exactly what you mean by html-viewer...but this probably isn't it. This is a couple psp-format offline webpages that are firefox related. THIS IS FOR 2.0 AND HIGHER USERS ONLY. Unless you are using the Waverace exploit or something, in which case I have no idea if it will work. If you have downloaded X5, this is kinda similar. It's not OS based, however, and doesn't have "apps" per se. You will be able to download application-esque extensions (as soon as I find a good place to host them!)

If you want sceenshots, I can probably get them

Accordion
June 15th, 2006, 15:56
waverace exploit!
what in hell?

muffinman
June 15th, 2006, 18:01
nightshade you confuse everyone to much

LAMPRO
June 15th, 2006, 18:36
nightshade- the night has shaded u and we all dont know what u r saying.

N1ghtshade
June 15th, 2006, 20:00
Okay. I don't really understand what you don't understand. Can you please ask very specific questions? Sorry for being a little vague. I'll try to answer what I can.

What does it do? well, it's basically a nifty homepage for your browser.

What the hell is the Waverace exploit? Well, I don't know very much about this since its a browser for 1.5 people that you change the DNS settings or something.

Have I been shaded by the night? Hells yeh

There are now screenshots

yaustar
June 15th, 2006, 20:15
Its basically a 'skin change' that *promotes* firefox. It works in the same way as WinPSPPortal.

Accordion
June 15th, 2006, 20:22
wait a minute ...
people come in versions 1.5 etc who produces these people, a DOG in a mirror?
so there are different types of human now? i guess im a 1.5? i must be lacking some features...

anyway nice release, when i was on 2.0 i did like all the different portals, some have a really clean look.

N1ghtshade
June 15th, 2006, 20:44
Hahahaha. I meant 1.5 users.

jman420
June 15th, 2006, 23:01
wait! no, night shade plainly lied, this is just a few offline html's that can be viewed that are re-sized google and firefox pages....

IndianCheese
June 16th, 2006, 01:41
Ok, what he means by waverace exploit is the WipEout Pure internet browser.

yaustar
June 16th, 2006, 03:19
wait! no, night shade plainly lied, this is just a few offline html's that can be viewed that are re-sized google and firefox pages....
I haven't seen anywhere we he lied, the first post was quite specific:

Well I was looking through x5 and WinPSPortal and thinking, wouldn't it be great if there was a portal promoting Firefox?

Accordion
June 16th, 2006, 12:34
this threas is like some kind of nightmare farce
truly scary!!

N1ghtshade
June 17th, 2006, 17:03
For people who have actually downloaded this, what features could be added in 1.5 and 2.0?

A_Username
June 19th, 2006, 20:30
waverace exploit!
what in hell?

I think he means the WipEout PurE web browser exploit.

Accordion
June 19th, 2006, 22:26
really !

i know, its just this thread is so confused

N1ghtshade
June 23rd, 2006, 18:21
Yeh. This thread is pretty messed up.

Meanwhile, thinking about 1.5...should maybe be done in...2 weeks? I'm not really working on it right now. I've noticed that some of the titles are messed up...that little bug will be fixed. Also...extensions. 1.5 will probably come with a couple. I'm thinking maybe: A google independent rss reader (with code jacked from Feedbucket), a photo viewer (would this really be useful? probably not except maybe if you were looking for a photo that is not in the psp/phot directory), a flash games collection (for 2.7. I don't know how flash responds on 2.7- I have 2.0, so I'll be using games other people have already suggested). I might make a special bookmarks page that you could import directly out of Firefox or IE. Still not sure what I want to do with bookmarks, If I can shrink the interface a bit more, I could use the firefox icons.
<BR>
2.0 will probably come with different themes and a customizable background (like X5).

21maxx
June 24th, 2006, 07:33
Could someone please put flash games into them!

21maxx
June 24th, 2006, 07:38
has anyone thought of putting flash games in them?

N1ghtshade
June 24th, 2006, 16:03
, a flash games collection (for 2.7. I don't know how flash responds on 2.7- I have 2.0, so I'll be using games other people have already suggested)

Thanks for your interest. I don't have 2.7 so I don't know which games perform well on the psp. I'm very open to suggestions, please include the url and a summary might be nice.

Nataliana1234
July 19th, 2007, 06:21
is their a read me or a link that u type in ur browser once istalled and a place to put it on ur memory stick

? not much info just a file

Nicko01
July 23rd, 2007, 04:07
you do know that this is almost 13 months old right?

well, you put the file somewhere on your psp (ms0:/psp/common/{name of file}) then type in file:/psp/common/{name of the file} (without the {}'s)

Test30
July 25th, 2007, 04:31
Nice project.thanks:thumbup:

N1ghtshade
August 5th, 2007, 01:12
I'm surprised and thankful for continued intrest in this project. I haven't written in a while perhaps I'll update and add more flash...

N1ghtshade
August 5th, 2007, 03:46
It seems I got the versions mixed up! aughh stupid bookmarks/mail notices check out the newest version here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30057