PDA

View Full Version : Coding action script for 2.7+

Shilo
June 15th, 2006, 05:44
I'm pretty familer with Flash, and I have made a few simple games (with the help of like 656454 tuturials :p). I would like to make a Flash game that would run on PSP fw 2.7+. I use Macromedia Flash 8 Pro, and I can publish swfs in Flash 6 (which I think is what works with 2.7 right?). If I stick to Flash 6 action script, and publish it in Flash 6 format, it should work on fw 2.7 right? Also, how does the 2.7 PSP Flash Player work? Does it just have mouse support, or can you map certain buttons? And, how could I make those buttons work? Is it just like coding to make keyboard buttons work, or is it a little differnt? The game I have in mind will just use the mouse, but I would like to know for future games. Hopefully, if someone can help me with this stuff, I might have a game to release in a few weeks :)

I guess I'll go ahead and tell some details on the game I'm gona TRY to make. It will be kinda like a FPS, but you don't move and your enimes just come at you and you move your mouse (or should I say analog stick, but I don't know how the Flash Player on 2.7 even has mouse support, but I'm pretty sure it does), which will be a targeting reticule, to shoot them. There will be at least 5 levels (maybe more, depends on how much time it takes me to finish my Zombies Ate My Neighbors sprite movie), the last level being a boss battle. It will be based on Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and I hope it turns out ok.

Wally
June 15th, 2006, 06:38
Make Super Mario 1

b8a
June 15th, 2006, 07:44
If you want to know about the technical capabilities of the PSP flash player, go straight to the source. <a href="http://www.flashdevices.net/2006/04/sony-psp-flash-player-6-supported.html" target="_blank">This link</a> will take you to the blog of a mobile device developer for Adobe. He gives a very nice rundown of the differences you can expect from the PSP version as opposed to the pc version.

Hope it helps.

Shilo
June 16th, 2006, 04:46
If you want to know about the technical capabilities of the PSP flash player, go straight to the source. <a href="http://www.flashdevices.net/2006/04/sony-psp-flash-player-6-supported.html" target="_blank">This link</a> will take you to the blog of a mobile device developer for Adobe. He gives a very nice rundown of the differences you can expect from the PSP version as opposed to the pc version.

Hope it helps.

That helps alot! Thanks b8a :D

Tron_Fan
June 16th, 2006, 06:25
The trick is making playable games, within the constraints of this primitive Flash player. You have only 5 keys, but sound support. I have seen some SUPERB flash games for the PSP so far and I am sure there will be several to come. Please... post anything you have.