PDA

View Full Version : PiMPStreamer, now on 2.x PSP’s Enjoy!!

shadowprophet
June 15th, 2006, 09:04
DickyDick1969 (http://pimpware.pspstart.de/) has released a new version of pimpstreamer, This one runs on higher firmwares!! Here is what he had to say!

Allrighty… Thanks to jonny for combining all the 1.5 code to only the idct stuff, and the brave work of raphael to make a “mips” only version of the idct code instead of using the ”me”. After a few (not so trivial) adjustments here and there I managed to make the first 2.x PiMPStreamer version…
Yes!! It runs now on 2.x PSP’s !! Enjoy!! Just put the 2.x files in the PSP/GAMES dir and edit the pmp.ini for server settings and eLoader will pick them up. (tested on a 2.6 white psp)
Note: Some key combinations don’t work yet (pressing start to refresh will do evil.. workaround is to go to another dir and back). Also you cannot run full speed here, advise to set the server on /2 framespeed
Also the .62 stands also for some minor issues solved in the server and psp client (1.5).
This is what I call real co-operetative developing: working all together to a solution…. (don’t know if it is intended) On the other hand… it is quite a mess in PMP Mod land, with about a dozen of MODS and contributors.. perhaps someone should take all the source up to now and make a grand version… http://pimpware.pspstart.de/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif
This really makes my day, after being a little bit sad not showing up in the summer pspupdates list….. http://pimpware.pspstart.de/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif (jonny deserves it)

DickyDick1969

Download and give feedback Via Comments

MadMonkee
June 15th, 2006, 11:13
Thank You ^_^ Muaah Muuaah!! I Love You!! I Love Yoouuu!

Moning2
June 15th, 2006, 12:11
very nice work indeed :D
but why can't it go full speed ? not enough processing power ?

Kloe
June 15th, 2006, 13:23
wow this is awsome, I have been waiting for this ever since I switched to 2.6 firmware. Thank you very much!

xed00
June 15th, 2006, 14:30
it is supposed to work on 2.7?

shadowprophet
June 15th, 2006, 14:33
it is supposed to work on 2.7?
2.7 hasnt been exploited as of yet to be able to play homebrew. Sorry ;)

-LO-LEADER1
June 15th, 2006, 16:49
??? when i start it up using Bock, it works fine and goes through the purple screen and it loads the connections and shows my movie files. When i try to open it....it sits there for about 20 sec. and then shuts off. Any suggestions?

shadowprophet
June 15th, 2006, 16:52
??? when i start it up using Bock, it works fine and goes through the purple screen and it loads the connections and shows my movie files. When i try to open it....it sits there for about 20 sec. and then shuts off. Any suggestions? See the thing about pmp streamer is it isnt perfect.
It will only play certain formats. I recomend Avi and mepgs, no asf or rm files.

Also, You may want to try this. create a file with the .pmp extention and put it in your psp/video directory. It doesnt matter what the file is, I recomend just creating a small txt file and renameing its extention to .pmp and puting it in that directory. This should fix your problem.

Mariopop87
June 15th, 2006, 20:50
See the thing about pmp streamer is it isnt perfect.
It will only play certain formats. I recomend Avi and mepgs, no asf or rm files.

Also, You may want to try this. create a file with the .pmp extention and put it in your psp/video directory. It doesnt matter what the file is, I recomend just creating a small txt file and renameing its extention to .pmp and puting it in that directory. This should fix your problem.
.avi!?
Cool!
Now I can watch those speed demos I downloaded!

pkmaximum
June 15th, 2006, 22:34
Man my internet connection must suck because this app runs as choppy as hell on my internet connection. And unfort. I can't test it anywere else at the moment :(. Well I can only hope this gets better in the future.

dioxin
June 15th, 2006, 23:33
eny1 knows when the 2.7 loader will be available?

maxpc
June 16th, 2006, 04:08
Thanks, testing :D

pkmaximum
June 16th, 2006, 04:50

Wow you registered to these forums just to ask a noobish question like that. Here is a tip befoer you embarass your self on the forums make sure you look in other topic to see if 2.7 can even run unnasigned code. Before asking if their is a 2.7 loader for the homebrew app. that you want to use. Not trying to be mean but to many people like you come along and its annoying, and I think I recieve the full backing of everybody else on these forums when I say that.

zx-81
June 16th, 2006, 14:39
well done Dicky and Raphael ! Keep up the good work !

MadMonkee
June 17th, 2006, 12:01
The speed seems to be fine. Did you make sure to set the psp to 333 from eLoader?

pimpjuice10
June 17th, 2006, 15:24
O MY FREAKIN GOOD!!! IM FREAKIN CRYIN HERE. THANK U SO MUCH. IVE BEEN WAITIN FOR THIS DAY FOR SOOO FREAKIN LOONG!! ahahahahaha

pimpjuice10
June 17th, 2006, 18:20
ummm.....never!!!

FaIIen
June 19th, 2006, 19:29
I got a 2.6 psp and I have pimpstreamer connecting to my pc and running. Here's what happens in steps

-Pimpstreamer Connecting to PC
-Select File to Play (usually avi)
-PSP goes to Load screen
-Software on PC loads the file
-Software on PC starts streaming the file
-PC streaming process bar starts loading
-streaming process bar stops when 1st frame of video plays on PSP
-PSP just freezes on first frame and needs to be restarted by power button

any ideas ?

pimpjuice10
June 19th, 2006, 20:39
I got a 2.6 psp and I have pimpstreamer connecting to my pc and running. Here's what happens in steps

-Pimpstreamer Connecting to PC
-Select File to Play (usually avi)
-PSP goes to Load screen
-Software on PC loads the file
-Software on PC starts streaming the file
-PC streaming process bar starts loading
-streaming process bar stops when 1st frame of video plays on PSP
-PSP just freezes on first frame and needs to be restarted by power button

any ideas ?
yea i have he same problem 2 when i try to start up pimpstream with my eloader 0.97. when i choose pimpstream on the eloader main menu, a purple screen comes up which means its loading my video paths. and when i click on 1 of my paths it loads up then it just freezes and then shuts itself off. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME STEP BY STEP WITH THIS OR GIVE ME A LINK TO CORRECTLY INSTALLIN THIS PROGRAM.!!

FaIIen
June 20th, 2006, 12:04
can't anyone help us ? :(

pkmaximum
June 20th, 2006, 16:48
To be honest I'm not sure what the problem could be there, maybe its your internet connection, or your PC after all you can't have like a weak 100mhz Pc if you wan to use this app. :P Personally though out of my own expierences this app. does not work that great for me iether, even though it streams fine I get a very choppy video scene, and about 5 mins into the video it freezes :(. So personally I think its my internet connection because when I try it at my friends house it ran 3x better and we have the same internet provider. And its not the computer cause I just braught my laptop over my friends house :(. Idk this app. isn't perfected yet that is all I can say.

pimpjuice10
June 20th, 2006, 18:53
My computer is a:
compaq deskpro
Intel pentium 3 processor
448 Mhz, 384 MB of RAM

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Service Pack 2

I dunno what the problem could be. Im just stumped.

zrehmz
June 21st, 2006, 03:39
What all do i need to edit in the ini? I cant get this to work :(

wil2197
June 22nd, 2006, 02:19
Okay, having a problem here. It can't get past the purple screen. It says "Connecting to access Point using configuration 1...connection state 2 of 4"

Any advice. I set the ip address in the ini to 192.168.1.1...my networks ip address...so I'm at a lost here.

pimpjuice10
June 22nd, 2006, 18:43
Yes Sme Problem Here N No 1 Has Helped Me Yet. I Think This Program Works For Some 2.60 Users And Not Others Because I Just Tried It On A Diffrent Computer And It Still Didnt Work. Installed It Right And Everything. The Diffrent Computer Was A DELL DIMENSION 2200
INTEL(R) CELERON CPU
1300 MHz
1.30 GHz
384 MB of RAM

NOW WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM BECAUSE ITS A BRAND NEW PC.

wil2197
June 22nd, 2006, 19:26
Yes Sme Problem Here N No 1 Has Helped Me Yet. I Think This Program Works For Some 2.60 Users And Not Others Because I Just Tried It On A Diffrent Computer And It Still Didnt Work. Installed It Right And Everything. The Diffrent Computer Was A DELL DIMENSION 2200
INTEL(R) CELERON CPU
1300 MHz
1.30 GHz
384 MB of RAM

NOW WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM BECAUSE ITS A BRAND NEW PC.

I'm pretty sure it's not that it only works on some 2.6's because...well everyone that has 2.6 firmware should have the same 2.6 that they got from Sony. And I'm pretty sure it can't be hardware, but rather it just comes down to configuration, networking issues, firewall issues etc. Unfortunately I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem yet with my PC.

I wish the dude that made this would have some sort of guide for the basics, cause we're all left to really take shots in the dark here.

pkmaximum
June 27th, 2006, 02:58
Hmmmm another problem I'm getting with this application is it will not stream PMP files for me. Its the wierdest thing, like If I load up the pmp direct from the memory card it plays just fine. But if I try to stream the pmp it will say "invalid pmp file". I'm like "the dam app is called PIMP(pmp) streamer why wouldn't it work!". Well if anyone has any solutions to this problem it would be appreciated thank you ;)

dioxin
July 6th, 2006, 19:40
Wow you registered to these forums just to ask a noobish question like that. Here is a tip befoer you embarass your self on the forums make sure you look in other topic to see if 2.7 can even run unnasigned code. Before asking if their is a 2.7 loader for the homebrew app. that you want to use. Not trying to be mean but to many people like you come along and its annoying, and I think I recieve the full backing of everybody else on these forums when I say that.

go **** a goat

dioxin
July 6th, 2006, 19:40

go fuk a goat

lilj2005
September 3rd, 2006, 09:00
does ne one know wat to put in the pmp.ini file if u do can u tell me...