PDA

View Full Version : StrmnNrmn Talks Donkey.

shadowprophet
June 15th, 2006, 09:32
Shortly after the release of StrmnNrmn's (http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/) Daedalus R5. StrmnNrmn started to question Psdonkeys earlier release.

He had this to say,

PSdonkey made this comment (http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=13094505&postID=114955007189996813) when releasing a pre-release of R5 last week:

I went ahead and compiled the new source for everyone and also added a couple of minor changes to the source for speed improvements. As I have no way of getting in touch with him directly, I'd like to ask him publicly if he could forward me a set of diffs for the 'speed improvements' he applied. Not just because this is a requirement of the GPL (the license under which the Daedalus PSP source is made available), but because I think it would be beneficial to the project to apply these changes to the main source tree. Having said that, I suspect PSdonkey might simply have been attempting to take partial credit for several weeks development work. I'll let you know if I receive any diffs...

Post Feedback Via comments Below

mr_nick666
June 15th, 2006, 12:55
Hmmm... If thats true then PSdonkey is a badun :(

Briggzy11
June 15th, 2006, 13:50
Well I downloaded PSMonekys version and I have to say there didnt look like there was a speed increase at all, It was just the same as R4 really.

Persoanlly StrmnNrmn should not even bother with PSMonkey and any of his code, I think that StrmnNrmn should be able to do it much better himself.

I wondered because PSMoneky compiled that code pretty quick and even managed to edit it pretty quick too :S

borikua_rocks
June 15th, 2006, 13:55
Well I downloaded PSMonekys version and I have to say there didnt look like there was a speed increase at all, It was just the same as R4 really.

Persoanlly StrmnNrmn should not even bother with PSMonkey and any of his code, I think that StrmnNrmn should be able to do it much better himself.

I wondered because PSMoneky compiled that code pretty quick and even managed to edit it pretty quick too :S

Dont you mean PSDonkey?

crazyjohn
June 15th, 2006, 14:06
PSMonkey = DA BOMB
PSDonkey = $H!7 credit stealing loser

PLEASE dont confuse the 2

ed00
June 15th, 2006, 15:24
PS Donkey = he's an ass

SSaxdude
June 15th, 2006, 15:45
Let's give the silent treatment to PSDonkey, then maybe he will go away.

idapimp
June 15th, 2006, 16:42
it's never worked before. but then again who cares. anyone who's been half ass interested in the homebrew usually know who the true credit goes too. StrmnNrmn and PSMonkey already know they kick ass and so do all of the people who use their programs. I'm personally not worried about a nobody like donkey at all. And good job on r5 StrmnNrmn.

Shadowblind
June 15th, 2006, 17:09
For you guys to talk about this topic this fast you must really like the guy

shadowprophet
June 15th, 2006, 17:22
I would like to add, That psdonkeys name only resembles Psmonkeys Because While psmonkey was already a well accomplished coder Working on his own legit N64 emu, Psdonkey appeared on the scene Claiming to be working on an N64 emu aswell. everything donkey does is stolen even the similarities in his name Psdonkey, where stolen to emulate other accomplished coders like PsMonkey, Do not confuse the two coders.

((PsMonkey is Legit and a very talented coder.))

While everything Psdonkey does is stolen, This psdonkey pre R5 is just his latest crime.

tallica
June 15th, 2006, 17:55
he is just deprit for attention we could flame him for days (which wil prob happen anyway)

INKED
June 15th, 2006, 18:14
who cares lynch him already and lets move on

Zion
June 15th, 2006, 18:20
down with donkey :p

felonyr301
June 15th, 2006, 20:27
i suggest to stop talking about him before we have another thread closed down lol

kersplatty
June 15th, 2006, 20:34
i reckon he did do sumthin to the source, dunno what but it is faster than the recent build, it defo is faster than 8fps

acn010
June 15th, 2006, 22:35
ha ha, well true, but as said, StrmnNrmn only wants to know the little tweaks that pspdonkey did on the emu, thats all.
(i haven't tried the bootleg version of pspdonkey, probably brick my psp).
but the original release is excellent!

samthegreat68
June 15th, 2006, 23:26
who cares about credit or anything? last time i checked it wasnt about $ but about the common good of homebrew on PSP. your only etching Donkeys legacy further by talking about him, which is probally what he wants so just stop!

Video_freak
June 15th, 2006, 23:48
all i have to say is that he had it coming.....

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 00:44
I am extremely sorry about my mistake there...

I should not have got the 2 confused. PSDonkey is a arse yeh...

...Did he steal the name from Monkey and change it then???

charltonheston
June 16th, 2006, 00:54
Sorry guys but I've got to say that whilst the donkey dude may have made bogus claims about optimising code etc. he did compile it and made it available for people to download. Some people may have simply just compiled it for themselves and not bothered giving others the chance to access it.

I did download it and whilst it did crash randomly at points there was a speed up with it and Mario Kart could run quite quickly on time trial (albeit for short periods of time) whereas I can't seem to do the same with R5 - but I'm quite unsure as to whether or not it had anything to do with PSDonkey.

I'll be honest and say that I don't think PSDonkey did much editing but regardless of how much he did he should still comply with the conditions Strmnnrmn set out and list his source code, after all that's how open source programs grow and develop.

After all is said and done though I still can't believe I'm playing N64 games on my psp - Strmnnrmn you're a legend !!

acn010
June 16th, 2006, 01:45
meh, pspdonkey, he is just an ass thats all. but he did something that improved the speed like 3 percent (1-2fps more)
StrmnNrmn is just interested for it, this for improvement of the emulator, and hope it works.

stotheamuel
June 16th, 2006, 05:03
no everyone... he didnt improve it... i compiled his pre source before donkey claimed to have done so...

i didnt change the source at all

then donkey released his and there is no difference at all... Im just surprised he could even compile it.. it was a lil tricky.. but he did NOT change it

pkmaximum
June 16th, 2006, 05:19
Guys on the www.psp-hacks.com/forum in the general section PSdonkey said that he uploaded the source fully on Strmmmn's blog so we should expect to see a WIP update from Strmmmmn soon. also not to be mean but PSdonkey posted another version of the compiled emulator. But he did not memntion speed increase. Just compatability with Monkey 64, and a new GUI.

BALL_SAC
June 16th, 2006, 06:08
... PSDonkey is pissing me off now... what a peice of crap he is trying to steal some credit.

pkmaximum
June 16th, 2006, 06:23
Well read the post on the site I just gave you he did say 100% of the credit goes to Strmmmmn so technically he is doing nothing wrong. I will post a link.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=31411

lale05
June 16th, 2006, 07:52
What this all about? I've read the donkey's posts on psphacks - he is just a faker, he knows nothing about programming.
I think he asked someone to compile Daedalus and possibly to improve it.

P.S. Let's find out who is he, and hire killer :)
- just a joke.

Joe88
June 16th, 2006, 08:26
Hes done more things with the code now
he now made R5 2.00 compatible >_>

lale05
June 16th, 2006, 08:35
Yeah, he made hard work :)

he changed "ms0:/psp/game/daedalus/roms" to "ms0:/roms"

Anyone can do it, even I %)

shadowprophet
June 16th, 2006, 08:52
In every debate, there will be diverse opinion,
Do not take these debates personally. everyone is entitled to there opinion. Even those people backing Psdonkey.

Without diversity in debate humanity would be little more then mind controlled muppets,

Remember this and be civil to each other,

SP.

mr_nick666
June 16th, 2006, 09:01
I think its time to drop the dead donkey! :D Lol!

lale05
June 16th, 2006, 09:56
I'll be honest. I have a pity for PSDonkey. He needs some professional medical help.

tsurumaru
June 16th, 2006, 09:58
Hes done more things with the code now
he now made R5 2.00 compatible >_>

Er am I missing something magical or wasn't it always 2.0 compatible anyway? ^_^;

Anyway StrmnNrmn is off to Spain for a few days so we wont hear back from him until Monday.

pkmaximum
June 16th, 2006, 17:24
awww.... Well hopefully he still works on the code while he is gone. Becuase he did say something about going there before because of the Soccer World Cup.

Joe88
June 16th, 2006, 20:40
He said he posted the fixed up code on his blog.