PDA

View Full Version : New GTA requires 2.60 update plus savedata exploit has been patched

Kramer
June 15th, 2006, 13:05
There has been reports from a few people that a new version of gta:lcs has been released which requires 2.60 update and the savedata exploit has been patched. Is this the end of the gta exploit?

http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/4926/logo.jpg
heres a dodgy video of it happening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EjxcMqnA0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EjxcMqnA0

Post Feedback Via comments Below

chrrox
June 15th, 2006, 13:13
Sony is just screwing themselves. If people bought gta
because they could play homebrew both parties won. Now if people want to play homebrew they will give thier money to the mod chip people.

MikeDX
June 15th, 2006, 13:24
What on earth could need 2.6 in GTA

Anybody want to buy a s/h GTA:LCS? :)

Briggzy11
June 15th, 2006, 13:45
...I cannot believe this video because yeh this person loads up the fanjita save and it goes straight into the game HOWEVER it should not do that at all, it should say that the game save is corrupt so personally I think that a normal GTA save has been edited (Putting the pictures from fanjitas save on) and the data edited in a PSP Brew pack or something...

...Either way its an interesting topic but whats the point in releasing another version of GTA anyway because almost everybody with a PSP has it anyway.

Kramer
June 15th, 2006, 13:49
im preety sure the guy who made the video didnt try to fake this
unless he works for sony

grebn
June 15th, 2006, 14:37
lol indeed, may be trying to scare us all :P

nah like Briggzy11 said everyone who would have wanted that game owns it now! if they have a psp!

we all know firmware 2.7 cannot run eloader via gta lcs!

but im not sure about this new release... it may be fake?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 15th, 2006, 14:45
Cant see it been faked for one its a bit pointless after all he would be hounded to the ends of the earth and never able to show his/her face in public again.Only time will tell I hope it is faked personally.:) FW 1.5 and very happy

SSaxdude
June 15th, 2006, 15:43
Here's how to make a ton of money: create a really cheesy rip-off fighter for the PSP, then create an exploit in the game that Sony can't find, and you have yourself millions of dollars.

This is really silly, I mean there's no reason to patch up the exploit anyway.

ritz
June 15th, 2006, 16:47
Heres a question. Is it possible to take the UMDs that we already know work and load them on to a memory card and run the game that way? Would the load still work the Same? If it does then we could just copy the games to help people out.

Sektor
June 15th, 2006, 17:26
Copying games to a memory card won't help people with above 2.01+ firmware since they can't run them anyway.

tallica
June 15th, 2006, 17:52
it would of said corrupt save or something he prob didnt put all the files n his psp r sumn lol

Voltron
June 15th, 2006, 17:59
Well if this is true, it is a small blow to the homebrew community. There are still people unaware of the homebrew phenomenon for the PSP and when they discover it they will rush out to get a copy of GTA.

The GTA exploit has had its time in the spotlight and will continue. Perhaps some more exploits can be found. Or better, a downgrader for 2.01+ PSP's.

Then there is the MOD CHIP.

PSP Homebrew will never die! It has come too far and gained too much momentum.

Hawq
June 15th, 2006, 18:51
Must find GTA before these changes make it into shops here, or failing that find a second hand one.

Voltron
June 15th, 2006, 19:29
Must find GTA before these changes make it into shops here, or failing that find a second hand one.

Well, the UMD ID will likely be different on the new version. Find out what "ULUS" number is on the package of the original GTA & make sure you look for that specific version in the stores.

Hevyduty
June 15th, 2006, 19:52
Well, the UMD ID will likely be different on the new version. Find out what "ULUS" number is on the package of the original GTA & make sure you look for that specific version in the stores.
This is exactly the approach we need. We need to find a physical difference in the two versions so people know to buy the old/good version instead of the new/crap version.

There are tons of used copies of LCS around. Lots of people actually bought the game to--get this--play it, and they know nothing about the exploit. So they finished the game and traded it back in.

If there's some way to discern between the two versions just by examining either the UMD or the packaging, it really shouldn't slow down the scene. Finding the old/good version should be easy enough if you know what to look for.

YourStillWithMe
June 15th, 2006, 19:57
We dont need to do anything. If you people we're smart you would go online and trade in your 2.01+ for a 1.00, 1.50, 1.51, 1.52, or 2.00 sealed PSP. 1.50 owns and always will. The 2.01+ exploit/eloader is ridiculous and even if I had a 2.50 i wouldnt waste my time because it's not smooth at all and it operates as a beta almost. I cringe to even operate at the 2.00 method to load games nonetheless 2.01 and up. If you had 1.50 and had homebrew you would never upgrade. All of you who are above 2.00 are screwed as of now because there is no version changer to stop you from upgrades. If I were you, i'd just wait for the outcome on the chip after a week or 2 to ensure that it is safe. peace

Physicist
June 15th, 2006, 20:22
to be honest, anyone who has a psp and didnt buy GTA already i ask you, WHY? its the only reason i got a psp. that and wipeout fusion.

Lt-Razorworks
June 15th, 2006, 20:25
A way of recognising the version number before buying is what we need, even if it freaks the stores out. I went into my local gamestop and asked if theystill had any "Type A PSPs." Getting a dumbfounded look in return, i asked if i could examine their stock. The manager looked like he was going to whip out a 12-gauge on me, but then relented and allowed me to look at them (under supervision of course). Lo and behold...at the bottom of the pile of G and H PSPs, there was a B. There is a god.

Mariopop87
June 15th, 2006, 20:47
Tough luck for the people who got the new GTA.

Goood thing I got mine a while ago. :)

SSaxdude
June 15th, 2006, 20:52
Lt-Razorworks (or should I say Brad): if you didn't bring your PSP to school everyday like I do, it wouldn't have gotten stolen!

mat_dizzy
June 15th, 2006, 21:39
i actually think this is fake!

basically i think they've used the data of a normal gta save state and changed the icon and name! so it looks like e-loader, when infact its a complete utter t**t who thinks he's cleaver!

yet i could be wrong, as i dont see why rockstar games/sony would do something like this, but i think homebrew on psp will never die, and e-loader has made its name big enough now to never go!

horray for homebrew :)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 15th, 2006, 21:51
ohhhhh......so interesting, Sony vs hackers, who will win????
Answer=Modchip

Video_freak
June 15th, 2006, 23:44
sony will never win if we dont upgrade or get mod chips. i think that if sony let us have homebrew and emulators (no iso loaders :)) on our psp's, the world would be a better place (at least the psp world...)

TEAL DRAGON128
June 16th, 2006, 00:02
I hope I doesn't stop the modchip from working.

Tetris999
June 16th, 2006, 00:05
Lt-Razorworks (or should I say Brad): if you didn't bring your PSP to school everyday like I do, it wouldn't have gotten stolen!

LOL LOL LOL LOL THATS THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME TOO DUDE AND IT HAD GTA IN IT DOESNT THAT SUCK? lol yeah..

SSaxdude
June 16th, 2006, 00:14
Lt-Razorworks is a person I know from my school, and his first PSP broke when someone sat on it, then his second was stolen. He finally bought a 2.0 from another person in our same grade. He's had 3 PSPs.
That sucks.

Oh yeah, I think Sony should stop blocking homebrew, because it isn't stopping me from backing up games.

IndianCheese
June 16th, 2006, 01:17
I could even make a vid like this. Simply paste your DATA.BIN file from a real saved game into the Fanjita folder.

jman420
June 16th, 2006, 02:26
uhh... stick to 1.5 pplz!

TEAL DRAGON128
June 16th, 2006, 02:50
Lt-Razorworks is a person I know from my school, and his first PSP broke when someone sat on it, then his second was stolen. He finally bought a 2.0 from another person in our same grade. He's had 3 PSPs.
That sucks.

Oh yeah, I think Sony should stop blocking homebrew, because it isn't stopping me from backing up games.

Wow he must be real rich to buy three PSPs. Probably out of cash by now.

pkmaximum
June 16th, 2006, 04:18
Like it really matters the amount of 2.0 UMD's that are already out I'm sure people cam manage to get a cheaper used copy of the game at their local game store. And just test it on your PSP before you buy it because I know your alowd to do that.

under_0ath777
June 16th, 2006, 06:10
LOL LOL LOL LOL THATS THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME TOO DUDE AND IT HAD GTA IN IT DOESNT THAT SUCK? lol yeah..

under_0ath brings his everyday, nothing bad has happened yet but helping people with their psps

Mr. Shizzy
June 16th, 2006, 06:46
If this is true, I wonder if SONY imposed this upon Rockstar? SONY will never stop homebrew. The PSP is hands down the coolest system I've ever owned.
And thats not just handheld. I've never had a sysyem that you could "personalise" to such a degree.

**1_Man_Matrix**
June 16th, 2006, 07:15
If this is true, I wonder if SONY imposed this upon Rockstar? SONY will never stop homebrew. The PSP is hands down the coolest system I've ever owned.
And thats not just handheld. I've never had a sysyem that you could "personalise" to such a degree.

Heh, dude, get a PC... It can even say "Morning Shizzy" when it boots.:D

mr_nick666
June 16th, 2006, 09:19
If this is true, I wonder if SONY imposed this upon Rockstar? SONY will never stop homebrew.

If it is true then $ony will have imposed their mighty will upon them :mad: Why the hell would they change something thats probably helped them sell 60% of all GTAs sold!??? :eek:

lale05
June 16th, 2006, 11:54
Rockstar sold a lot of copies of GTA. I think they know the real reason why this happened. And now they are releasing a new edition with security patch... seems illogical.

geise69
June 16th, 2006, 12:15
This whole Sony vs Homebrew is getting so tiresome. I wish it would just be left alone and people can just keep their homebrew and be able to play newer games as well. All this crap lead me to just buy a GP2X that welcomely accepts hombrew. It's specifically what it's made for. I had a 1.0 and upgraded to 1.5 but was tired of messing with crap to get games I bought working, so I upgraded and bought my GP2X. I just wish sony would let it go. The homebrew scene is honestly not hurting anything now. I know there's not very many 1.5's out there to do any damage by playing iso's and 2.0 and up can't play them so what the hell is the point. It's just getting tiresome. blah

alekebol
June 16th, 2006, 13:07
This is really bad news for homebrew now especially seeing this will just increase piracy of the game as pirated version will work but the purchased game won't for 1.5ers :(

Buy it second hand!

And I stumbled upon a really great article at PSPCrazy the history of videogame piracy and how it is killing the psp and I thought that everybody should read it but did not know where to post it.

http://www.pspcrazy.com/?page=Articles&action=showarticle&id=201

mr_nick666
June 16th, 2006, 13:27
This is really bad news for homebrew now especially seeing this will just increase piracy of the game as pirated version will work but the purchased game won't for 1.5ers :(

Buy it second hand!

And I stumbled upon a really great article at PSPCrazy the history of videogame piracy and how it is killing the psp and I thought that everybody should read it but did not know where to post it.

http://www.pspcrazy.com/?page=Articles&action=showarticle&id=201

Just read the article... Very good and definately though provoking... :o Its a shame $ony couldnt find a way for homebrew to work whilst still protecting their games from piracy (their crappy UMD idea just didnt work the way they planned..) :eek:

ian h
June 16th, 2006, 13:34
lo ppl im new to this site and have a psp fw 2.6.
i have eloader working but it says reading and nothing cums up an my psp switches itself off.any help appreciated

ian h
June 16th, 2006, 13:37
is it just a case of me finding the rite version of homebrew.already tried a few but nothing.any 1 got any links

ian h
June 16th, 2006, 13:43
Kramer i wondered if u cud help me.i have fw 2.6, got eloader working with gta but tried a few games that r version 1 which u told sum1 2 do the other day but no success.could u give me a link to sum emulaters like snes pls.

Lodis
June 16th, 2006, 14:25
Once more people here about this and it is verified, the cost of used GTA UMD's might go up on Ebay. I wil sell my one for double the price now:D

I noticed someone mention thet they purchased a GP2X, I have one too and it has been collecting dust for months, the joystick, although replaceable is crap, the screen is smaller and overrall the design looks cheap. The GP2X has 200MHX dual CPU's which seemed to cause more issues with ports that anything else. I have my 1.5 Psp running homebrew and I use Devhook 0.41D to run all of my UMD's. Nothing can compare to the Psp for homebrew, not even an open source homebrew dedicated portable like the GP2X. The Psp simply has more power with it's co-processors and 3D GPU but this is just my opinion. However, I am looking forward to the Playstation emulator for the GP2X which the dev claims to run all 2D games near perfectly already.

mat_dizzy
June 16th, 2006, 15:37
I could even make a vid like this. Simply paste your DATA.BIN file from a real saved game into the Fanjita folder.

exactly, he's fooled us! at first anyway! its easily done, it looks effective buts its not real!

gotmilk0112
June 16th, 2006, 21:52
lol if sony told R* to do this then they are just screwing themselves. less money for $$$$ony.

acn010
June 16th, 2006, 21:57
now im confused
@_@

gilyellows
June 18th, 2006, 01:24
i think this is wrong, just because i own a copy of gta and 2 memory cards one with gta saves and one with the e loader, at first it didn't worked because i had a gta saved game and when i tried it with a card empty of saved games and it worked; i think is just a rumor.

Physicist
June 18th, 2006, 12:52
i dont think it matters what sony does to the psp now. they arent making a profit anyway. aparently.

RedKing14CA
June 18th, 2006, 18:31
wouldnt saying "you NEED 2.6 firmware to play this game" be false advertising if you COULD play it with 1.5????

Young
June 18th, 2006, 20:52
I bought a new copy (they didnt have any old ones) of GTA today just for this and it's doing the exact same thing as the video *cries* it's not fare! The thing is, i had the game before and ended it because my friend lent it to me for a few months. Now when I need it for the eloader, I get nothing! *goes to try and find a way around it*

Edit-Now I tried doing it with a memory card that only has the eloader on it. All it did was load GTA at 7% complete. :'( 1 point for sony i guess

EntropyParadigm
June 21st, 2006, 04:19
Ok i just got GTA yesterday not knowing about this thing and ive been researching today and i decided to try the whole thing and i get the eboot to load but after it loads my psp freezes and reboots. It stops at reading it says reading and freezes??? I push start before the game actually loads. Am i doing it right ?? HELP