PDA

View Full Version : Neo Geo Emulator for PSP Alpha 2 Released

Kaiser
June 15th, 2006, 19:12
http://www.nickthfury.com/images/cdlogo.gif

Only a few hours after Alpha 1 was released the generous coder NJ has released Alpha 2. Here's whats new. I'm definitely going to have to spend some time with Metal Slug tonight.

* BIOS it tried to start selection from the file browser. During file browser executing when the button is pushed, the menu opens.
* Only at the time of the first starting it tried to indicate the help of the file browser. (For the above-mentioned modification)
* In initial condition it tried automatic frame skip to become effective.
* Case it fails in starting, it tried not to retain SRAM and the memory card.
* In order to be able to start several games which it cannot start, the intention of correcting. The game where memory is not enough does not operate as usual. Referring to details list.txt.
* If user interface is simplified, because memory is less crowded somewhat, perhaps, the game which can be started more or less it increases, but only this game it operates basically.

A rough translation courtesy of babelfish

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

matt2k
June 15th, 2006, 19:36
Great! Just as I was about to release my own list. Oh well. New release though, keep up the good work. We're all pulling for ya!!

rehbock
June 15th, 2006, 20:40
nice one

V3N0M
June 15th, 2006, 21:24
This is great! Can it run Metal Slug yet? I havn't been able to get it to run anything. Why is that? All it says after every time i try to load a rom is "ERROR: This ROM set not support." And that was Samari Shodown. Now i have the bios and am pretty sure its the right one because its not telling me "bios not found" or anything like that. I set up the roms like i would in NeoGeoCD. Has anyone got this to work? if so please tell us how to. Thanx

V3N0M
June 15th, 2006, 22:05
Ok i figured out how to get everything to work and played Samari Shodown at fullspeed but when i tried Metal Slug it loaded but said something about the graphx so i'm guessing it can't run Metal Slug yet but it is still a huge improvement.

fucht017
June 15th, 2006, 22:46
If You used games that are 10MB or lower,you can play those games.But because of the PSP low memory(I think) the bigger once can not be played....yet...but brilliant work.;)

amadeus
June 15th, 2006, 22:58
@ jman
How did you solve the "ERROR: This ROM set not support." problem?

Every game I have from the list gives me that error.

I've got the correct bios, they show up when I press the x button and I get a list.

Not asking for the bios files but can someone tell me the file size of the correct ones? Just want to make sure the ones I have are valid.

RemixUnlimited
June 15th, 2006, 23:00
u shold use a suportyed rom set iff it say that.

-LO-LEADER1
June 15th, 2006, 23:19
what are the BIO files.....i dont know what to put in the zip

killurparents
June 15th, 2006, 23:25
..wait a minute.. is this Neo Geo or Neo Geo CD?

RemixUnlimited
June 15th, 2006, 23:30
Neo Geo

Google MAME bios NeoGeo.

-LO-LEADER1
June 15th, 2006, 23:43
i got it...

-LO-LEADER1
June 16th, 2006, 00:01
ok ive tried at least 30 roms off of that list and they all say that it is not supported. What am i doing wrong

shinysuitman
June 16th, 2006, 00:06
now maybe i just have the wrong idea, but im trying to load roms that would work with neorageX. i know that NRX and MAME are not the same, which is what i think might be the problem (different rom supports and the such...) but i dont know. would anybody know the answer on this question?

I end up with the "this rom set not suport" message . just wondering if anyone has tinkered around with it yet. i know that its way way way early but this could be a very incredible emu

amadeus
June 16th, 2006, 00:10
I'am still having a problem with roms but I may have found out why...

First off they are all of the list of working roms.
However the one that does work is viewpoint.
In the zip file all the files have the .bin extension.

All the others games I have the files in the zip have the .rom extension

Could this be it?

I've tried manualy renaming to bin and re-zipping but that didnt work

RemixUnlimited
June 16th, 2006, 00:12
Well it's very hard to help someone of they say "OMFG IT SAYS THSIJMK! ANRD I KNOWT NO" and doesn't give enough info on how he came to the error.
Start by telling us what roms you are tring (Or at least one of them) and what the contents of the .zip is to make sure you are not running the wrong type.

amadeus, as far as I know you can't just take a game with a .rom and rename it to .bin. You need the offical MAME version of the rom. NRX roms will not work with this emulator. If you come across it you can look in the zip and make sure that they are all .bin and not .rom and as long as it is a Neo Geo game it should at least show up.. Try something like samurai showdown, it's called samsho in the mame list though so that might help you find it...

SmashinGit
June 16th, 2006, 00:18
Make sure your roms and bios are the ones that will work in MAME 0.106. If you have the correct files this emulator works a treat.

amadeus
June 16th, 2006, 00:28
Ok that clears things up or me. cheers

Is there a way to convert the rom types?
Dont realy fancy trying to download them again

Zombo
June 16th, 2006, 00:42
King Of the Monsters 1 & 2 on the go...complete...at last!

E.J.
June 16th, 2006, 00:43
CLRMAME can convert old format roms to latest mame compatible set, but i don't know if it can convert roms to sets of old versions of mame....

I'll try it tonite to see if can be done with clrmame.

RemixUnlimited
June 16th, 2006, 00:43
That would be a negative. I think MAME and NRX are dumped differently so that would make things quite hard for a conversion.

Zombo
June 16th, 2006, 00:51
Damn,When I click the King Of The Monsters folder it's empty when It was able to load on the MAME emulator on the PC.

EDIT:had to have it zipped...HOLY FRIP FRACKING CRAP!

makaveddie
June 16th, 2006, 01:44
Beautiful... Soon enough we will have metal slug.... I can taste it!!!

V3N0M
June 16th, 2006, 03:37
For everyone that are having problems loading roms...This is the Neo Geo arcade machine emu not AES/MVS - They have the same games and are the same but are in different formats. I can't tell you were to get them but just get NeoGeo Arcade roms not AES or convert them-(not sure how to do this.) But anyways just backup the games you own.

ACID
June 16th, 2006, 03:55
i keep getting and eror saying REGION_GFX3 memory not allocated.

pspcross
June 16th, 2006, 04:22
i got the same thing with a few games in alpha

you can try changing the region for the rom in the
menu but it didn't seem to work for me.

there are 6 options but i only had time to check
1 europe and 1 us version

maybe one of the others would work

give it a try

pspcross

matt2k
June 16th, 2006, 05:58
AES = home console
MVS = arcade

Really there is no difference, Cept the MVS cartridges had an extra ram chip in it. Anyhoo, any neogeo rom you get has both AES and MVS information on it. If you happened to have a home console and wanted to play MVS games on it, you just need to plop down $25 for a converter. I'm babbeling now........ Just look for any neogeo roms and then use clrmame to change/clean them up......any rom 'cept for neo geo pocket. :D

makaveddie
June 16th, 2006, 08:40
I have tried this emulator with about 60 roms under 8.1 MB and they all load, with a few exceptions. Anything over that will crash due to memory allocation. It seems that 8 MB is the cutoff for this emulator. It is still quite impressive!

mr_nick666
June 16th, 2006, 08:54
Very impressive! :)

Illegal Machine
June 16th, 2006, 10:31
I'm actually really excited about this release.. I feel like NJ has started a project that ADDS games to the Neo Geo lineup, and frees up space on my MS.. right now I dedicate about 800 megs of space to CDZ, and can't play a lot of NEO GEO games because they arent on CD.

But NOW tis emulator comes out, and has a total professional like NJ working on it, and soon we'll have NEO GEO games that are the same as thier CDZ counterparts which are much smaller and maybe even look a little better in some cases..

totally awesome release, its too bad that it can only play small roms, but I'm sure as the releases keep coming that the filesize issues will soon be a thing of the past..

LOVE IT. can't wait for future releases. can't wait for it to be compatible with enough games for me to ditch CDZ

Voltron
June 16th, 2006, 11:26
Just look for any neogeo roms and then use clrmame to change/clean them up......any rom 'cept for neo geo pocket. :D

OK, nobody has said with 100% certainty. Will CLRMAME conver games in zip file with ALL .rom extensions to .bin extensions and make them playable with this EMU?

Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Plowking
June 16th, 2006, 11:30
OK, nobody has said with 100% certainty. Will CLRMAME conver games in zip file with ALL .rom extensions to .bin extensions and make them playable with this EMU?

Any clarification on this would be appreciated.

Yes it will, though i found most of the games I've tried still dont work, even ones people have reported working.

And someone has said the .roms work for them, but none of them work for me.

Games that I've tried and work are Last Resort, Ghost Pilots, League Bowling, Super sidekicks 1 - they work for me only after a converting to .bin.

aleborri
June 16th, 2006, 11:41
Awesome, I've got working art of fighting, world heroes 1 and samurai showdown full speed and sound, incredible, thanks a lot for the release. For me this is better than the deadalus release, which is an incredible feat but right now it's more a tech demo, however this one has fully plabale games for NeoGeo that couldn't be played before :D

Since this is alpha I can only think there's a lot of room for improvement, I hope they can get it to the gp2x version, which plays almost all games flawlessly and shouldn't have much more memory than PSP.

I'll keep posting games that work and will look out for a donation link, they deserve it :D

Voltron
June 16th, 2006, 12:09
Thank you Plowking for your answer to my post.

This is a very exciting EMU. Especially since it is being developed by NJ. NJ worked unbelievably hard on his CDZ emulator and since this is only an Alpha 2, it gives me promise that there will be MUCH more to come.

Awesome job NJ and I must give thanks for the sacrifice & hard work.

SmashinGit
June 16th, 2006, 12:16
Over at neocdz they have posted some impressive screenshots of Metal Slug running.

This is also what they have to say on there website. (Translated by Google translator, my apologies in advance) .

Converting sprite, just the necessary time with the method of reading from the file, the metal slug
 It tried moving, but the amount where reading occurs after all while playing being slow, the shank.
If the metal slug still somehow you can play, but when the grapple game is, rather harshly so.

Reading processing of the file was modified.
 As for BIOS other than the same name as MAME it becomes error, but there is a ROM file name of the game
 Condition was eased. As for details at the time of next release.

Way abolishes the color setting of [yuzaintahuesu], opens the BIOS selective menu with the L trigger modification.

Sprite is not indicated with such as [pazuruboburu] correcting the trouble where.

You can also check their website here.

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html#download_alpha

Plowking
June 16th, 2006, 12:33
Thank you Plowking for your answer to my post.

This is a very exciting EMU. Especially since it is being developed by NJ. NJ worked unbelievably hard on his CDZ emulator and since this is only an Alpha 2, it gives me promise that there will be MUCH more to come.

Awesome job NJ and I must give thanks for the sacrifice & hard work.

No worries, I get a bit frustrated myself when Iask a question and the answer is usually something like..."WOW my games works great!!"

LOL...I look forward to more improvements for this great emu.

hack.fool
June 16th, 2006, 12:35
..wait a minute.. is this Neo Geo or Neo Geo CD?

Man that's neo geo, not cd...
finally I can't delete the 50 mega (or more...) set for neocd...
hope next release can run ALL Metal Slug.. from 1 to X...now let's install it...

(guys sorry for the poor english..I'm italian:p)

pepone
June 16th, 2006, 14:03
Since this is alpha I can only think there's a lot of room for improvement, I hope they can get it to the gp2x version, which plays almost all games flawlessly and shouldn't have much more memory than PSP.

Afaik, GP2X has twice more memory than the PSP.

O-bake
June 16th, 2006, 14:34
are you the pepone from the gp2x neogeo emu?
did you work together with the guys from neo CDZ?

anyways, seems that they found a way to load even bigger roms. lets hope that they have something like dynamic loading or so :)

pepone
June 16th, 2006, 14:43
are you the pepone from the gp2x neogeo emu?

yes

did you work together with the guys from neo CDZ?

and no :)

anyways, seems that they found a way to load even bigger roms. lets hope that they have something like dynamic loading or so :)

I'm sure it's possible, I don't know NJ, but he seems pretty clever. The only problem may be that they'll have to stream sprites and sound data while the gp2x just do it for sprites.
edit: finnaly, streaming only gfx may be possible too after all..

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 16th, 2006, 15:28
I just getter error 80 blah blah game cannot be started doesnt even launch.some clear instructions with it wpould have been nice

Baboon
June 16th, 2006, 15:35
I tried a few times last night but I just couldnt get this to work. :(

The emulator opened ok but on each of the games I tried it would start to load but then says 'can not find sp1 sp2' (or something like that), followed by can not load bios?? ...even thogh I put those files into the zip?

I know with the CDZ Neogeo CD emulator zipped roms never worked for my psp (2.6) and to get it to work i had to unzip the files and place the contents into folders... so is it the same for this emulator for 2.6 psps? ...has anyone on 2.6 got this working yet?

Guess i'll have to have another go tonight. :)

aleborri
June 16th, 2006, 15:41
the bios zip goes in the rom folder. Also make sure your zip is correct, if not look for a different one that has the files its asking for.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 16th, 2006, 15:54
It does not even launch for me dude just ries then wipes out back to psp menus :( GUTTED !!

grit
June 16th, 2006, 15:58
This NJ must be a Neo-Geo God!!
With alpha 0.2 I have 50 great games running at fullspeed!!
My roms are in zip format, not bin..
I had problems before just because I wasn't using the correct set.

All is GREAT now!

Keep them coming NJ!!

aleborri
June 16th, 2006, 16:13
grit can you post compatibility list pls :O

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 16th, 2006, 16:15
Dragged it down off another site works now my mame v 104 sets work fine !!! AWSOME full speed to things can only get better !!!!

Baboon
June 16th, 2006, 16:25
Dragged it down off another site works now my mame v 104 sets work fine !!! AWSOME full speed to things can only get better !!!!

PM sent to ya. ;)

matt2k
June 16th, 2006, 16:27
Here is my compatibility list. I didn't test any sports games, but I did test everything else. These all work for me.

Alpha Mission 2
Andro Dunos
Art of Fighting
Blue's Journey
Burning Fight
Crossed Swords
Cyberlip
Eightman
Fatal Fury 1
Fatal Fury 2
Ghost Pilots
Joy Joy Kid
Fighters History Karnov's Revenge
King of the Monsters
King of the Monsters 2
League Bowling
Last Resort
Magician Lord
Money Puzzle Idol Exchange
Mutation Nation
NAM 1975
Ninja Combat
Ninga Commando (really slow)
Neo Bomberman
Roboarmy
Samurai Showdown 1
Sengoku 1
Sengoku 2
Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
The Super Spy
Thrash Rally
Viewpoint
World Hereos 1
Windjammers
Zed Blade

Together they should all only take up 134 megs on your memory card. :D

makaveddie
June 16th, 2006, 16:28
grit can you post compatibility list pls :O

I dont think one is necessary, I have tested 80% of the games 8 mb and under and they ALL work. Games like metal slug, which are over 8 mb, are not working yet (although those screen shots above look exciting!). If you want a list of games that are under 8 mb, i can write one up for you.

As for the rest of you who can't load the games: My problem at the beginning was that I was using the wrong bios. The neogeo bios used for neorage and the one used for MAME are completely different. Like some one said earlier, google "MAME NEOGEO BIOS" and you will get the correct one. It should be around 261 KB.

I also noticed some memory leak every once in a while, (I was testing 80 roms, so I was loading, playing for a minute and then closing them) and you have to close down the emulator and restart your psp in order to clear your RAM. This could cause it not to run games.

Just my .02 for those of you with issues with this emulator.

CAN"T WAIT FOR MSLUG!

aleborri
June 16th, 2006, 16:35
I dont think one is necessary, I have tested 80% of the games 8 mb and under and they ALL work. Games like metal slug, which are over 8 mb, are not working yet (although those screen shots above look exciting!). If you want a list of games that are under 8 mb, i can write one up for you.

Ok understood, and don't worry I'll do my own research :rolleyes:

One thing, can you turn the bios for the home version instead of the arcade version?

dimdelrosario
June 16th, 2006, 16:41
Hi guys, Im a newbie here....
just bought my psp just now and was so excited to use it....

I bought 1 game also (game UMD are so expensive)
Armored Cord Formula Front... havent tested it yet, i'll play it later.

Bought also 1GB duo stick for MP3.

I tried to download the Neogeo emulator for Psp in the first page. But after finishing downloading it. File was corrupt :(
I guess the file on the server is already corrupted or altered. Do you guys have any other links where i can download the emulator...

Cheers and enjoy using your PSP....

Baboon
June 16th, 2006, 16:49
Im finaly up and running! yipeeeeeeee! :)

Plowking
June 16th, 2006, 16:52
This NJ must be a Neo-Geo God!!
With alpha 0.2 I have 50 great games running at fullspeed!!
My roms are in zip format, not bin..
I had problems before just because I wasn't using the correct set.

All is GREAT now!

Keep them coming NJ!!

But is that .bin IN your zip files or .rom?

aleborri
June 16th, 2006, 16:54
dimdelrosario, you probably bought a PSP with firmware that doesn't allow homebrew on your psp, so that when you try to make an emulator work it tells you that it's corrupt, but it's not a problem from the file itself but your PSP not being able to make it work.

Check your system tab and look at the PSP version, it will sure be 2.x which doesn't let homebrew work.

O-bake
June 16th, 2006, 17:01
Strange, in the compatibility list on the last page, Alpha Mission 2 was listed.
But i get sound errors, does anybody else have not full sound?

matt2k
June 16th, 2006, 17:27
Some games have random sound errors. There has been times where I press the button for a credit and then all the sound goes out. I reset the program and everything works fine. It is random.

Voltron
June 16th, 2006, 17:36
Well I'm psyched to see that Neo Bomberman works. Now how to get this EMU to run. Which Bios version do I need. I've seen all sorts of Bios versions with the highest being Neo-Geo Universal Bios 2.2 --> Would that work?

matt2k
June 16th, 2006, 17:43
So far I have only been able to boot up the bios that works with the newest MAME. I did try the universal bios with no success.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 16th, 2006, 17:49
Hey babboon did I get ya working ??

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 16th, 2006, 18:17
WOW ninja combat,sengoku,burning fight all on the move now awsome EMU!!!!.

lerocher
June 16th, 2006, 18:29
hi everybody...
great job this emu...
do "spinmaster" work ?

grit
June 16th, 2006, 18:31
But is that .bin IN your zip files or .rom?

Yes you're correct, they are bins inside the zip.
And I could'nt find a game (of the first part of games list included with download) that would not work perfectly.
Well, only puzzle bouble did'nt work as espected.

I would point a web site where to get the correct roms set, but whould be against site rules (I presume).

neverrain
June 16th, 2006, 18:37
but how to install

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 16th, 2006, 18:45
Erm Yes No Links To Rom Sites Plz It Is Illeagal !!!

Voltron
June 16th, 2006, 19:33
Damn, what about a "hint" on where to get the right bios. I tried but says bios cannot be read

killurparents
June 16th, 2006, 20:00
I had the same problem with wrong "bios".. but it turned out I was using the wrong roms. This is an arcade emu, not the console... find roms that are in with the list of mame roms, those are the arcade versions and they'll work awesomely. Also you need the bios in a zipped file along with the roms

RemixUnlimited
June 16th, 2006, 20:06
People, All of the questions that you are asking have been answered! Stop being lazy and look thru the older pages. Better yet use the friggen search button!

Bios error = Wrong bios/None at all *Duh
Go find the right ones.

Voltron
June 16th, 2006, 20:37
Stop being lazy and look thru the older pages. Better yet use the friggen search button!

ha ha, yeah I must admit I needed to be spoonfed on this one. First I didn't have the bios with the ROMS folder, then I had the wrong bios, then I was using ROMS from the CONSOLE, etc. etc.

I seem to finally have gotten it. I have Neo Bomberman now running at perfect speed it seems.

I did have to get ROMS from the MAME set like previously stated. But if not ALL MAME games work with this, I would like to find out which are for Neo Geo Arcade. Like a dedicated list.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 16th, 2006, 21:10
Hey voltron check your personals ;)

Baboon
June 16th, 2006, 21:23
Hey babboon did I get ya working ??

Yep yep, Cheers chap! Thanks for the advice. :D

I've been canning burning fight and viewpoint!

I've tried a few versions of bomberman but i havent had much luck with that one yet.

This emulator rocks... neo geo on the go! Love it!!! :)

xiringu
June 17th, 2006, 00:59
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I had lots of problems with memory or roms failure, resulting in crashes and having to reset the PSP (2.5), but anyway, it's working quite well...

makaveddie
June 17th, 2006, 01:13
Hi,

There is no legal way to tell you where the roms can be located. I see there are still people having problems with the BIOS, so please just google "MAME NEOGEO BIOS" and you should get something that points you in the right direction. The correct bios file is NEOGEO.ZIP and it is 261KB large when compared to the 56KB file used for NEORAGE.

gokwh
June 17th, 2006, 01:16
Bueno pues ya más o menos he testeado este emulador, citar que para se la segunda versión no está nada mal. jejejejeje he realizado un testeo con 117 roms aki os pongo los resultados:

LISTADO DE ROMS:

2020 Super Baseball (set 1) 2020bb 100%
2020 Super Baseball (set 2) 2020bba
2020 Super Baseball (set 3) 2020bbh
3 Count Bout / Fire Suplex 3countb 100%
Aero Fighters 2 / Sonic Wings 2 sonicwi2 100%
Aero Fighters 3 / Sonic Wings 3 sonicwi3
Aggressors of Dark Kombat / Tsuukai GANGAN Koushinkyoku aodk
Alpha Mission II / ASO II - Last Guardian alpham2 Pitido insoportable
Andro Dunos androdun 100%
Art of Fighting / Ryuuko no Ken aof 100%
Art of Fighting 2 / Ryuuko no Ken 2 (set 1) aof2
Art of Fighting 2 / Ryuuko no Ken 2 (set 2) aof2a
Art of Fighting 3 - The Path of the Warrior / Art of Fighting - Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden aof3
Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki bakatono 100%
Baseball Stars 2 bstars2 100%
Baseball Stars Professional bstars 100%
Blue's Journey / Raguy bjourney Sin sonido
Burning Fight (set 1) burningf 100%
Burning Fight (set 2) burningh
Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz marukodq 100%
Crossed Swords crsword 100%
Cyber-Lip cyberlip 100%
Double Dragon (Neo-Geo) doubledr
Eight Man eightman 100%
Far East of Eden - Kabuki Klash / Tengai Makyou - Shin Den kabukikl
Fatal Fury - King of Fighters / Garou Densetsu - shukumei no tatakai fatfury1 100%
Fatal Fury 2 / Garou Densetsu 2 - arata-naru tatakai fatfury2 100%
Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory / Garou Densetsu 3 - haruka-naru tatakai fatfury3
Fatal Fury Special / Garou Densetsu Special (set 1) fatfursp
Fatal Fury Special / Garou Densetsu Special (set 2) fatfursa
Fight Fever (set 1) fightfev 100%
Fight Fever (set 2) fightfva
Football Frenzy fbfrenzy 100%
Galaxy Fight - Universal Warriors galaxyfg Ghost Pilots gpilots 100%
Goal! Goal! Goal! goalx3 100%
Gururin gururin 100%
Jyanshin Densetsu - Quest of Jongmaster janshin Sin sonido
Karnov's Revenge / Fighter's History Dynamite karnovr 100%
King of the Monsters (set 1) kotm 100%
King of the Monsters (set 2)[/b] kotmh
King of the Monsters 2 - The Next Thing kotm2 100%
Last Resort lresort 100%
League Bowling lbowling 100%
Legend of Success Joe / Ashitano Joe Densetsu legendos 100%
Magical Drop II magdrop2 100%
Magical Drop III magdrop3
Magician Lord (set 1) maglord 100%
Magician Lord (set 2) maglordh
Mahjong Kyoretsuden mahretsu 100%
Metal Slug - Super Vehicle-001 mslug
Minnasanno Okagesamadesu minasan 100%
Mutation Nation mutnat 100%
NAM-1975 nam1975 100%
Neo Bomberman neobombe 100%
Neo Drift Out - New Technology neodrift 100%
Neo Mr. Do! neomrdo 100%
Neo Turf Masters / Big Tournament Golf turfmast
Ninja Combat (set 1) ncombat 100%
Ninja Combat (set 2) ncombata
Ninja Commando ncommand Lentisimo
Ninja Master's - haoh-ninpo-cho ninjamas
Over Top overtop
Panic Bomber panicbom 100%
Power Spikes II pspikes2 100%
Pulstarpulstar
Puzzle Bobble / Bust-A-Move (Neo-Geo) (set 1) pbobblen Fallo gráfico
Puzzle Bobble / Bust-A-Move (Neo-Geo) (set 1) pbobblna
Puzzle De Pon! puzzledp 100%
Puzzled / Joy Joy Kid joyjoy 100%
Quiz Daisousa Sen - The Last Count Down quizdais 100%
Quiz King of Fighters quizkof 100%
Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo - Quiz Daisousa Sen part 2 quizdai2 100%
Real Bout Fatal Fury / Real Bout Garou Densetsu rbff1
Riding Hero (set 1) ridhero 100%
Riding Hero (set 2)ridheroh
Robo Army (set 1) roboarmy 100%
Robo Army (set 2) roboarma
Samurai Shodown / Samurai Spirits samsho 100%
Samurai Shodown II / Shin Samurai Spirits - Haohmaru jigokuhen samsho2
Samurai Shodown III / Samurai Spirits - Zankurou Musouken (set 1) samsho3
Samurai Shodown III / Samurai Spirits - Zankurou Musouken (set 2) samsho3a
Savage Reign / Fu'un Mokushiroku - kakutou sousei savagere
Sengoku / Sengoku Denshou (set 1) sengoku 100%
Sengoku 2 / Sengoku Denshou 2 sengoku2 100%
Soccer Brawl socbrawl 100%
Spin Master / Miracle Adventure spinmast Pantalla en negro
Stakes Winner / Stakes Winner - GI kinzen seihae no michi stakwin 100%
Street Hoop / Street Slam / Dunk Dream strhoop 100%
Super Dodge Ball / Kunio no Nekketsu Toukyuu Densetsu sdodgeb
Super Sidekicks / Tokuten Ou ssideki 100%
Super Sidekicks 2 - The World Championship / Tokuten Ou 2 - real fight football ssideki2 100%
Super Sidekicks 3 - The Next Glory / Tokuten Ou 3 - eikoue no michi ssideki3
Syougi No Tatsujin - Master of Syougi mosyougi 100%
Tecmo World Soccer '96 tws96 100%
The King of Fighters '94 kof94
The King of Fighters '95 (set 1) kof95
The King of Fighters '95 (set 2) kof95a
The King of Fighters '96 (set 1) kof96
The King of Fighters '96 (set 2) kof96h
The Super Spy superspy 100%
Thrash Rally trally 100%
Top Hunter - Roddy & Cathy (set 1) tophuntr Fallo gráfico
Top Hunter - Roddy & Cathy (set 2) tophunta
Top Player's Golf tpgolf 100%
Twinkle Star Sprites twinspri
Ultimate 11 - The SNK Football Championship / Tokuten Ou - Honoo no Libero, The ssideki4
Viewpoint viewpoin 100%
Voltage Fighter - Gowcaizer / Choujin Gakuen Gowcaizer gowcaizr
Windjammers / Flying Power Disc wjammers 100%
World Heroes (set 1) wh1 100%
World Heroes (set 2) wh1h
World Heroes 2 wh2
World Heroes 2 Jet wh2j
World Heroes Perfect whp
Zed Blade / Operation Ragnarok zedblade 100%
Zintrick / Oshidashi Zentrix (hack / bootleg) zintrckb 100%

En negro las roms que funcionan por ahora, en rojo las que no van, en negrita en ambos casos el nombre dej juego, acompañado de el nombre de la rom y un pequeño comentario.

SALU2.

PD: Preparando el PACK con las roms que funcionan.

mameuser
June 17th, 2006, 02:51
変更中の項目 - (→alpha 3) Screenshot

pspcross
June 17th, 2006, 04:22
i keep getting the message

error: could not allocate REGION_SOUND1 memory

does anyone else have this ??

anyway to fix it.

is it a bad rom. i have tried a few versions but always the same.

i see people have this running and i have plenty of other roms running fine.

the files size is only 6mb so it shouldn't be the file limit which is a problem..

thanks

pspcross.

ace3093
June 17th, 2006, 06:27
amazing emu. Cant wait for future updates!

pspcross
June 17th, 2006, 06:32
when i press triangle on the file page to exit the emulator it quits but it then

gives an error can't load eboot to go back to eloader page.

i have found though if i enter a game then press
left shoulder to access menu and exit from there instead. this works ok. and goes back to eloader menu.

just thought i would mention it.

anyone find the same thing ????

Baboon
June 17th, 2006, 08:56
i keep getting the message

error: could not allocate REGION_SOUND1 memory

does anyone else have this ??

anyway to fix it.

is it a bad rom. i have tried a few versions but always the same.

i see people have this running and i have plenty of other roms running fine.

the files size is only 6mb so it shouldn't be the file limit which is a problem..

thanks

pspcross.

Yep, Im also getting this problem. Tried everything and cant fix it?? :confused:

Voltron
June 17th, 2006, 10:21
when i press triangle on the file page to exit the emulator it quits but it then

gives an error can't load eboot to go back to eloader page.

Hmm... this and the other problem you mentioned seem to be problems with this being run on 2.00+ PSP's. It appears to run flawless on 1.50 firmware.

NJ was great at fixing all the bugs and making CDZ work great on 2.00+ so I'm sure this EMU will mature and get better and better. Even for 2.00+ firmware.

aleborri
June 17th, 2006, 11:52
Hey mameuser can you tell us something more about alpha 3? plssssss :D

Voltron
June 17th, 2006, 12:32
BUG REPORT:

I noticed that after using this EMU for an extended period of time and after changing between different games, when I tried to load Zed Blade it said it could not be loaded.

But after exiting the EMU and rebooting the PSP, Zed Blade loaded and played fine. SO maybe something to do with the limited memory and that is why the reboot helped.

Also, when I try to play Viewpoint, it does not display correctly. Sprites and graphics are all messed up and blocky. I will try a different version to see if that helps.

aleborri
June 17th, 2006, 12:39
Thanks a lot gokwh that list is great, it's impressive to see an emulator working to this level so early :)

dimdelrosario
June 18th, 2006, 00:41
dimdelrosario, you probably bought a PSP with firmware that doesn't allow homebrew on your psp, so that when you try to make an emulator work it tells you that it's corrupt, but it's not a problem from the file itself but your PSP not being able to make it work.

Check your system tab and look at the PSP version, it will sure be 2.x which doesn't let homebrew work.

Actually after downloading it on my PC. i try to extract it on WinZip. But it says there file is corrupt.

What should i do then?

thanks

Cheers....

dimdelrosario
June 18th, 2006, 00:54
the file was 112kb only =(

Anyway i download the file from another link.

My Psp firmware is 2.60

So what should i do then???

vettacossx
June 18th, 2006, 02:11
we need a CPS2/CPS1 EMU* hint hint ;)

Marvel VS Capcom
street fighter zero ,turbo,alhpha 1,2,3....
super puzzle fighter 2 turbo,
Metal Slug 1,2,3,
METAL SLUG X
dark stalkers games
ect....ect....ect............
:)PLEASE:)

aries2k4
June 18th, 2006, 02:41
wow, I´m no expert to homebrew, but I´m not a total noob either. this one gave me headaches. thats because of all the different bios and game formats. when I had the right bios; i was using the wrong games. when I tried the right games, I had the wrong bios,lol.finally got it working with the bios thats like 250kb. Also only working(for me) with games that have .bin files in the zip.

mameuser
June 18th, 2006, 02:50
Hey mameuser can you tell us something more about alpha 3? plssssss :D

Alpha 3 was able to load rom more than 16MB

Cho Aniki
June 18th, 2006, 03:05
blazing star is around 20/21meg so im holding my fingers it will be able to pull it off:)

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=B&game_id=7150

mameuser
June 18th, 2006, 03:29
blazing star is around 20/21meg so im holding my fingers it will be able to pull it off:)

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=B&game_id=7150

blazing star is about 44MB+ about after unzip.

mameuser
June 18th, 2006, 08:43
変更中の項目 - (→alpha 3)

・以下のゲームはメモリキャッシュを使用してもエミュレーションに必要なメモリが足りない
 ため、対応しません。あらかじめご了承ください。

※描画がスプライトで行われているため、ある程度スプライト用のキャッシュが必要です。
  M68Kの未使用バンク(P ROMの合計から2MBを引いた値)とスプライトデータを除いた
  データのサイズが14MBを超えるものは全て不可となります。
  なお、メモリキャッシュを使用しないで動作するゲームの最大サイズは18MBです。
  (サウンド無しであれば動作するものに関しては、対応するかもしれません)

- SNK -
 Real Bout Fatal Fury / Real Bout Garou Densetsu
 Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
 The King of Fighters '97
 The Last Blade / Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi
 Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 / Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2
 The King of Fighters '98 - The Slugfest / King of Fighters '98
 The Last Blade 2 / Bakumatsu Roman - Dai Ni Maku Gekka no Kenshi
 The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle
 Garou - Mark of the Wolves
 Metal Slug 3
 Metal Slug 6 (Metal Slug 3 bootleg)
 The King of Fighters 2000
 Sengoku 3
 The King of Fighters 2001
 Metal Slug 5
 SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom
 The King of Fighters 2003
 Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special

- Psikyo -
 Strikers 1945 Plus

- Saurus -
 Shock Troopers - 2nd Squad

- Mega Enterprise -
 Metal Slug 4

- Evoga -
 Rage of the Dragons

- Atlus -
 Matrimelee / Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Toukon

・ついでだから書いておこう。
 キャッシュを使用しても快適にプレイするには程遠い速度でしか動作しません。
 メモリスティックの読み込み速度はメインメモリとは比べ物にならないくらい遅いです。
 どんなに最適化しても物理的に不可能ですので、期待しないでください。

ayhoung
June 18th, 2006, 14:24
is anyone having trouble? cuz i tried to load samurai showdown and bomberman, but after they finish loading, my psp shuts off. all the others run okay but these two keep shutting down on me. im on 2.0 psp btw

chunblue
June 18th, 2006, 20:02
Awesome emu, thanks for the hard work !!

ACID
June 18th, 2006, 21:01
This is way better then the cd emu i already have 100 roms that work and have used less then 300mb great job best emu out bi far

ACID
June 18th, 2006, 21:33
Eany body have a clue i get an error saying region GF X3 not found or sound1. This is a grat emu but has eanybody notice how much enegry it sucks from the baterry when you try to load a game witch doesnt work with the emu

mameuser
June 19th, 2006, 02:09
Alpha 3 is coming. get ready...... neogeo

pkmaximum
June 19th, 2006, 02:21
Alright I have a question and I know this is really really really....infinite off topic but it does have to do with mame :D. Well anyway I was wondering if there is any computer emulators that run soul Calibur I efficiently for the MAME rom. Also How do you get the MAME rom to work, because I found it at a rom site...."google" and it was only 36 mega bites, and I know that was not possibly accurate, because When I tried it out on MAME32 it wasn't possible. And I once heard that certain mame roms need some extra type of file to work. Such as Area 51. Could somebody tell me what that extra file is. Also i have a really fast and great computer, so if Soul Calibur doesn't run good could someone just tell me. Thank You. And I'm sry about this Wraggster so I will also say I'm loving the new NEO GEO emulator for the PSP, I can't wait when this runs at full speed because the sizes of the roms are like 1/2 as much as NEO GEO CD.

Cap'n 1time
June 19th, 2006, 02:49
I sure hope they fix the graphics in puzzle bobble :p

oninotsume
June 19th, 2006, 03:14
My apologies if this has already been explained, but based on the Japanese post that mameuser has posted it appears that the author of is going to try to add some memory card cache support for larger games in Alpha 3, however the games in his list require more ram than the PSP has to offer even with caching, so their implimentation will be impossible.
 - SNK -
 Real Bout Fatal Fury / Real Bout Garou Densetsu
 Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
 The King of Fighters '97
 The Last Blade / Bakumatsu Roman - Gekka no Kenshi
 Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 / Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2
 The King of Fighters '98 - The Slugfest / King of Fighters '98
 The Last Blade 2 / Bakumatsu Roman - Dai Ni Maku Gekka no Kenshi
 The King of Fighters '99 - Millennium Battle
 Garou - Mark of the Wolves
 Metal Slug 3
 Metal Slug 6 (Metal Slug 3 bootleg)
 The King of Fighters 2000
 Sengoku 3
 The King of Fighters 2001
 Metal Slug 5
 SvC Chaos - SNK vs Capcom
 The King of Fighters 2003
 Samurai Shodown V Special / Samurai Spirits Zero Special

- Psikyo -
 Strikers 1945 Plus

- Saurus -
 Shock Troopers - 2nd Squad

- Mega Enterprise -
 Metal Slug 4

- Evoga -
 Rage of the Dragons

- Atlus -
 Matrimelee / Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Toukon

He also states that because the memory stick is much much slower than the PSP's internal RAM, no matter how much modification is done to the program, reading off the memory stick will never be up to speed.

Like I said before, I wonder if the method Strmn uses on Daedalus to load large roms would work here, or if Chui's Neo4All prefetch methodology is applicable?

It's sad to see that Metal Slug 3 can't be played, but it's cool that he's trying to support more roms:D You can't always have everything.

ACID
June 19th, 2006, 05:18
First of all pkmaximum clrmame will give you the acurate files that a rom is suppost to have. Try that and see. 1 timeuser check different rom set it works great for me. To oninotsume this is a great emu and it runs games from 50fps to 60fps the only game from the atached working list running at less then 20fps is Ninja Commando. so this is great

oninotsume
June 19th, 2006, 05:39
Acidburno5

Yes this is a great emulator, I've been playing it on the train nonstop since it was released, and I can't wait for the next update.

As far as the list in my last post, I have edited so that it's not confused with his list of working games.

Sorry for the confusion.

aleborri
June 19th, 2006, 07:13
Sigh I thought that the list meant games that were expected to work, not those that wouldn't :( Like you said I hope they learn something from Deadalus emu so that they will be able to make big games to work.

Still, I don't understand why GP2x can make the big games work where the PSP apparently can't. At least they could try to make them work without sound to save memory.

EDIT: A bit offtopic but if Memory stick read speed is so slow how can Sony think of a Playstation emulator reading data directly from MS? weird.

oninotsume
June 19th, 2006, 08:11
Well, I don't own a GPX, so I can't say anything for performance, but I'm pretty sure the GPX has about twice the RAM as the PSP, so that helps for a lot.

Furthermore, Neo4All for the GPX uses it's own unique system to cue up graphics, so they don't all have to be loaded in at once, and can be loaded on the fly without much interference. From what I've read on the DC forums it seems to work really really well. I wish the author of this emu would incorporate this technology, but he'll do it his way.

I think Sony expects to run PSX games off of the memory stick precisely because they are CD games which were originally designed to send small chunks of data to the PSX's small ram. I think it was like 2MB or something, so the PSX has about 8 times that, it shoudl be good to go.

ACID
June 19th, 2006, 10:08
Actually if im not mistaking the GPX has twice the memory then the psp. The GPX main intention was to run home brew and apps thats why it was design with so much memory.

aleborri
June 19th, 2006, 14:13
Ok now I'm confused, because I was looking through the thread and saw that on page 8 there are two pics of rage of dragons obviously running on beta3, and then rage of dragons (30+ mb) is listed in the alpha3 update posted, so are you sure that the list is talking about games that don't work, and if so what are the pics about?

oninotsume
June 19th, 2006, 14:21
Well, that's what his post says.

It says that the games in that list cannot be run because even with the utilization of the cache function there isn't enough ram on the PSP to run them, but the picture would say otherwise, wouldn't it. Perhaps he has found a way;)

aleborri
June 19th, 2006, 14:49
*fingers crossed* :D

pkmaximum
June 19th, 2006, 16:50
The GP2X has a dual core processor for external ram even though it is rarely acessed when making homebrew. But that is why PSX emulation is going so well on the GP2X is because acessing that 2nd dual core processor it makes the emulation much smoother and faster. As said by the developmet team of the PSX emulator and that is currently at its state it is running all 2D games at about 100% speed with great sound. So imagine playing Castle Vania Symphony of the Night guys if your huge PSX fanatics. Then the GP2X might be the video game system for you :).

Also about the Soul Calibur running off MAME for the PC. Could someone tell me a good emulator that would get the job done for this, and also if you do know a good emulator, could you P.M. me your expierence with the emulator, and a link on were I can find it. I absolutley don't want any links to roms as I don't want to get anyone in trouble. Thx for your help :)

aleborri
June 19th, 2006, 17:00
Well I suppose it's the difference between a machine made specifically for homebrew and one that isn't, but GP2x just kills me with it's terrible controller, the lack of rechargable battery, no sleep, incredibly long system start, small screen, bad image even with some distortion, and badly implemented multimedia features. No amount of work from the willing gp2x coders can solve some terrible design choices, I know it's meant to be cheap but it's just that bad...

Hopefully xgp will give perfomance quality similar to PSP while being much more homebrew friendly when it's released at the end of the year.

odino
June 19th, 2006, 21:47
Ok now I'm confused, because I was looking through the thread and saw that on page 8 there are two pics of rage of dragons obviously running on beta3, and then rage of dragons (30+ mb) is listed in the alpha3 update posted, so are you sure that the list is talking about games that don't work, and if so what are the pics about?

No no, it's kizuna(32 mb unzipped). Anyway, one big rom can work on alpha 3 but with slowdown and crash...

WilDThraxter
June 20th, 2006, 00:09
Alpha 3 has just been released

some weird cach thing implemented. ill get back to you when i work out what its sayin:)

Cho Aniki
June 20th, 2006, 02:21
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/395/resizeofdscf02325ra.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1347/resizeofdscf02335dl.jpg

heres some really bad pics taken by me , its like impossible to take perfect pics of the PSP but if you look real hard you will see that its blazing star running! this is possibly the most happiest day in my life with my psp;)

Alpha 3 rocks and the japanese coder of it is amazingly skilled!

Cap'n 1time
June 20th, 2006, 02:27
Alpha 3 has just been released

some weird cach thing implemented. ill get back to you when i work out what its sayin:)

IF and when you do please post it in our submit news section :) .

One thing i did notice was somthing about some sort of uni-bios which can be located here
http://unibios.free.fr/download.html

Alrighty, here is some sweet stuff I have discovered in this version. First off the unibios (see link above) lets you access some cool stuff by pushing both start and select at the same time. There are even cheat options.
To add the uni-bios place uni-bios.rom in your neogeo.zip (the neogeo bios image) and rezip it. Then before you load a game push the L button and scroll all the way down to select one of the uni bios's :)

Not only does it get rid of the green ugly screen at the start of the neogeo boot process, but it like i said gives you some cool ingame options with start + select. (snaps below)

Now for thoes of you who wonder how i got the 20 meg + blazing star game to run.. Its pretty easy.
Inside the ngepsp_alpha3 directory there is a folder called "converter". Inside that folder is a program that... well its magic.. I dont know what the **** it does really. (probably somthing to do with compressing the sprites). anyway take your rom (blazstar.zip) and run it through the program. The program poops out somthing in the cache directory (blazstar_cache.zip".. Alls you gots to do is place this cache file in the "Cache" folder in the ngepsp folder on your psp. Place the rom (blazstar.zip) in its usual place and boot it up!

toyaky
June 20th, 2006, 02:27
where can i donwload alpha 3?anyone who can uploadone because i cannot get into the web

oninotsume
June 20th, 2006, 03:09
And then the god of PSP parted and the heavens and lo into the hands of the people fell Neo Alpha 3, and I was good for none did regret not having updated past firmware 1.5:D

It looks like he's doing the same kind of memory management that Chui used on his Neo4All. Lot's of games I never thought I would see working on my PSP are up and running. Minus the Metal Slug games, pretty much everything I want is now good to go.

Awesome work!!!

ACID
June 20th, 2006, 04:20
where can i donwload alpha 3?anyone who can uploadone because i cannot get into the web
dude look up in this same page is the download for alpha 3:D

V3N0M
June 20th, 2006, 04:37
Hopefully someday the Metal slug games will run.

Zombo
June 30th, 2006, 18:01
IF and when you do please post it in our submit news section :) .

One thing i did notice was somthing about some sort of uni-bios which can be located here
http://unibios.free.fr/download.html

Alrighty, here is some sweet stuff I have discovered in this version. First off the unibios (see link above) lets you access some cool stuff by pushing both start and select at the same time. There are even cheat options.
To add the uni-bios place uni-bios.rom in your neogeo.zip (the neogeo bios image) and rezip it. Then before you load a game push the L button and scroll all the way down to select one of the uni bios's :)

Not only does it get rid of the green ugly screen at the start of the neogeo boot process, but it like i said gives you some cool ingame options with start + select. (snaps below)

Now for thoes of you who wonder how i got the 20 meg + blazing star game to run.. Its pretty easy.
Inside the ngepsp_alpha3 directory there is a folder called "converter". Inside that folder is a program that... well its magic.. I dont know what the **** it does really. (probably somthing to do with compressing the sprites). anyway take your rom (blazstar.zip) and run it through the program. The program poops out somthing in the cache directory (blazstar_cache.zip".. Alls you gots to do is place this cache file in the "Cache" folder in the ngepsp folder on your psp. Place the rom (blazstar.zip) in its usual place and boot it up!

Does any of those uni-bios work compitable with King Of The Monsters 1 & 2 (Crosses fingers)

Yudistra
July 2nd, 2006, 23:40
Somehow I've managed to get Samurai Showdown II to run on my 2.6 PSP. The only error I get is when it's loading. It's some GX3 error and says I must use the sprite cache.

The amazing thing is I'm using a NeoRageX ROM and BIOS.

shinysuitman
July 3rd, 2006, 00:06
Somehow I've managed to get Samurai Showdown II to run on my 2.6 PSP. The only error I get is when it's loading. It's some GX3 error and says I must use the sprite cache.

The amazing thing is I'm using a NeoRageX ROM and BIOS.

wow..... that seems impossible. i tried like hell to get those things to work and it simply would not go..... ohh well, if it works, dont fix it

Yudistra
July 3rd, 2006, 18:21
You need to use eloader 0.97 and the GTA exploit.