PDA

View Full Version : sora adventure0.1 first attempt at lua

Pages : [1] 2 3

gunntims0103
June 15th, 2006, 20:40
sora adventure is my very first attempt at lua. i am hoping that i will stick with this project long enough so that it will be fully playable. as of now i have sora running around in the woods

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/screenshot.png

things to do

edge out sora's sprite from the black block
intergrate levels together
add a.i (enemies)
add attacks for sora
add a main menu
add a story line
add music
add multiplayer
change sora's clothing
change keyblades
have companions follow you in the game

i still have alot of work.as i said this is my first attempt and im actually surprised i was even able to get this far.I DO NEED A LOT OF HELP WITH THIS PROJECT AS I DO NOT KNOW ALL THE LUA CODES IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH A.I AND MAIN MENU'S AND SUCH I WOULD REALLY BE VERY GREATFULL:D

BIG CREDIT TO SHADOWBLIND FOR HELPING ME WITH THE SPRITES EN BACKROUND BIG THANX

thanks

Download and give Feedback via comments

Kaiser
June 15th, 2006, 21:40
Might have to wait a while for some LUA coders to get online. Remember this is in the PSP forums its not like /(o )( o)\ Shadowblind. As soon as you get a playable release of this game I'll post it on the front page.

gunntims0103
June 15th, 2006, 21:45
i will try to emplement some a.i action but i am limited to the codes that i know right now thats why i ask for help i will try to keep working on this but i am fustrated because the coding is pissing me off i know very little at this point keep ya posted

this is just a tesser right now so il change the name if needed right now this is a rough release i will add charachters and such in later releases

OMG kaiser what have you dun.........NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! you killed /(.)(.)/.......lol jk........now were am i gonna through out all my fustration of off topic stuff im thinking about

Apoklepz
June 16th, 2006, 00:15
Hey man, if you're running windows and you happen to have a proggie called Microsoft photo editor, it's a zinch to make the uneeded sprite space transparent. Just use the transparency tool in the toolbar and touch the space area to make it transparent. Then save the image in .png or .gif format....but I guess if you're dealing with Lua, go with .png. If you don't have this program I can volunteer for help. This'll only take me a matter of minutes to do... Just send me the sprites tomorrow. I'm sending Shadowblind something tomorrow myself.

I can help with some Lua too, but right now I'm in my midterm exams so that'll have to wait.

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 00:20
OMG thanx alot i will send them to you do you have an email address so that i can send it i been waiting for sum one to give me feed back on how to do that

i to have school exams i have to take regents exams so im takin a little break

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 00:26
Im still in shock... i just lost about 200 posts...

There went the greatest thread in the world...
THERE WAS NO REASON IT COULDNT HAVE LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Well, this is just another example of Shadowblind luck...

awesome, Apoklepz is in the KH crew :D

P.S. what are you sending me?

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 00:28
yea i lost alot of post to i was in shock also now i finally have sum one to edge out the sprites so thats good

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 00:38
do you know how to implement music, or do we need help from some1 for that?

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 00:43
do you know how to implement music, or do we need help from some1 for that?

no the music code i beleive is fairly easy i think i can take care of that in the 0.2 release i should have that down;)

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 00:51
Well I am a MEGA FAN of Kingdom Hearts and this will be a game I will be intersted to hear for updates. Gunntims I wish you the best of luck for this project, I dont think I can help as Im a very bad coder lol but feel free if you want any music, images etc edited to ask ok :D

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 00:53
get the KH manga! :D

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 00:55
Well I am a MEGA FAN of Kingdom Hearts and this will be a game I will be intersted to hear for updates. Gunntims I wish you the best of luck for this project, I dont think I can help as Im a very bad coder lol but feel free if you want any music, images etc edited to ask ok :D

thanx alot i will continue with this project im hoping to get the next release out in a few days or so:)

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 00:59
hey gun, have i given you the cloud sprites yet? I was thinkin: second character

P.S. Im bored. Logging off for a while.

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 01:02
hey gun, have i given you the cloud sprites yet? I was thinkin: second character

try to find a cloud srite and e-mail it to me it will be usefull in the future in the main menue i might put en option to play as either sora or cloud or even as mickey mouse with his key blade that would be cool:cool:

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 01:06
whoops

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 01:13
Hey these are great ideas to allow you to play as multiple characters. You could cop a little bit from the PSParty game (also coded in LUA) and allow people to create their own characters. In PSParty I created myself haha its great.

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 01:18
yea i could do that .......that might have to come in later releases as i am still in the biginner stages of coding but that will definitly be a posibility thanx for the heads up

Apoklepz
June 16th, 2006, 01:31
I sent you a PM with my email, gun. I don't know why it doesn't show in my profile....I already toggled the settings...oh well. I'll do the sprites tomorrow during lunch, kay? Send me a PM where you want them sent.

P.S. I've been busy working on a game for PSP on my spare time...Castlevania related. I'll give you guys details later. But it's in C++

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 01:36
YOU KNOW HOW TO CODE C++thats great best of luck bro

my e-mail is [email protected]

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 01:43
im back. I dont really think the multiple characters is too good. Then again its not my game. The thing is, In KH2 if you beat it in Proud mode you can fight Sepiroth using cloud. I was thinking kinda a similar thing.

But It would be tooooooo awesome if we could create a storyline, complete with cutscenes and characters from the story. (i.e. Riku, Kairi, Mickey)

Of course, I understand how hard that would probably be. Heck, I looked at Lua and freaked out.

But it is an awesome idea Brigzby. Heck, maybe after ya beat the game, you can play an alternate game with diff characters!:D

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 01:48
it is to your game as well shadowblind you started the basic idea and your ideas influences me in this coding endevor more than anything

cutscenes would be alsome and more characters

you know what i was thinking i might call it change of hearts and in this version of kh your friends start to turn on you and its up to sora to set things right or sum thing of that nature dont want it to be the same as the rest of the kh

just an idea cause we do need to know wat the game will be about in the future

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 01:51
Yeh im really getting to like this game even more now :D the story is of course the main feature this will need. There are 100's of stories that KH fans write and post all over the internet that could have ideas stolen (Borrowed should I say lol) however I do suppose a original story could be made with new characters made from scratch :D imagine creating Sora a long lost brother or something???

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 01:54
Yeh im really getting to like this game even more now :D the story is of course the main feature this will need. There are 100's of stories that KH fans write and post all over the internet that could have ideas stolen (Borrowed should I say lol) however I do suppose a original story could be made with new characters made from scratch :D imagine creating Sora a long lost brother or something???

yea thats wat i was thinking sum thing different like a totally different story like heartless started taking over donald and goofys body but soras body was to pure or sumthin a long lost brother would be to cool:D

let me not get to ahead of myself as i do need help with these things but the ideas are alsume:D

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 01:57
See, I learned from playing KH the storyline affects the best part of the game. The friends turning is a good idea, but if they were controlled and sora didnt know. Plus I thought of a way the cutscenes they talk in are like.

A FF baddy could be the one controlling them, and members of the FFVII crew (thats all I could find sprites for, but they are awesome.) could be controlled, except Leon and Cloud. Sora cant be controlled because he has the Kingdom key, not one of those other keyblades.

Not to mention the KH baddys and their Heartless. I could try to find Nobody sprites as well

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 02:01
yea the story will be very important you know wat i was thinking to you know how in kingdom hearts sora meets with lots of characters wat if he met up with zelda or mario or samus that would be cool and help them out unlock mushroom key and such

that would be cool

brb watching naruto

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 02:04
See, I learned from playing KH the storyline affects the best part of the game. The friends turning is a good idea, but if they were controlled and sora didnt know. Plus I thought of a way the cutscenes they talk in are like.

A FF baddy could be the one controlling them, and members of the FFVII crew (thats all I could find sprites for, but they are awesome.) could be controlled, except Leon and Cloud. Sora cant be controlled because he has the Kingdom key, not one of those other keyblades.

Not to mention the KH baddys and their Heartless. I could try to find Nobody sprites as well

Haha brilliant...

...Its good you posted this game actually even in its current build because now you have a few ideas to help you on the road to creating a LUA game actually worth downloading lol

I am compiling all of the ideas into a notebook format for future refrence as well just incase :D

I apologise for making ya look too far ahead anyway I understand that its ya first LUA program and its certently a good one. I am also glad this is a original idea as well and not another Tetris or Card game everybody seems to just be copying (I am one of those people haha)

As for the sprites I have absolutely no idea where to get any so I cannot help there sorry :( but I just wanted to mention that I think they have to be mentioned in some sort of credits that they have been used, either way im sure something could be sorted out on them, for example just changing the colour of soras finger nails will class the sprite as your own haha.

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 02:06
whoa.... AWESOME!!! Or if he met those creapy anime characters. Its like "Kingdom Hearts Dream"!

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 02:07
Haha brilliant...

...Its good you posted this game actually even in its current build because now you have a few ideas to help you on the road to creating a LUA game actually worth downloading lol

I am compiling all of the ideas into a notebook format for future refrence as well just incase :D

I apologise for making ya look too far ahead anyway I understand that its ya first LUA program and its certently a good one. I am also glad this is a original idea as well and not another Tetris or Card game everybody seems to just be copying (I am one of those people haha)

As for the sprites I have absolutely no idea where to get any so I cannot help there sorry :( but I just wanted to mention that I think they have to be mentioned in some sort of credits that they have been used, either way im sure something could be sorted out on them, for example just changing the colour of soras finger nails will class the sprite as your own haha.

Its not your fault. Ive been looking ahead since minute 1 :D

The note taking is an awesome Idea!

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 02:08
Well I will be just going onto SOCOM now and raising up the ranks a little more :D this thread has been rated and subscribed now haha and ill be checking later tonight (Well this morning haha as its 2:08AM here) all the best for any work you do 2night Gunn and see you on sometime as well shadowblind some good ideas you show :D

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 02:11
yea the note taking is a good idea if ya do it try to keep it organized

wat ya think about sora meeting with other characters lik zelda en mario and putting others into the story

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 02:23
Well I turned off SOCOM for a bit to concentrate on the Notebook ideas. Im just compiling all from this page along with other ideas from friends and other forums etc and making the ideas sound as simple as possible for ya gunn. Im not calling you simple btw lol sowwi for that.

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 02:30
yea the note taking is a good idea if ya do it try to keep it organized

wat ya think about sora meeting with other characters lik zelda en mario and putting others into the story

As for an answer to this as well...

...I think this is a great idea and i am writing a few more answers to this in the notepad, ill be sending this to you very soon :D

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 02:34
thanx for all of the help briggzy11 il make sure to give you credit in my next build......i might probaly put new characters i am thinking of having sora meet with naruto as he is my favorite character

thanx briggy11 for not thinking that im slow.....lol

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 02:34
This thread is getting better and better! Which means a mod is gonna close it ;_;

Hey I thought of a peice of a storyline. Do u want me to post it or send it as a pm?

P.S. GUN THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKIN TOO :D :D :D

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 02:35
send it as a pm thanx

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 02:36
ok, and since briggzy is part of the team it goes to him too :D

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 02:37
lol brilliant :D thank you

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 02:37
sent em

P.S. I got plenty of storyline where that came from :D

so, whatja think?

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 02:43
well just to let ya know

i will start on a start menu tomorrow
i will try to get heartless running around so ya can beat em up
music maybe tomorrow
try to do a level by level maybe
start story maybe but unlikly for right now

i just want to get sora hitting heartless first wen thats out the way things should get easy

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 02:45
Yeah, the knocking over f heartless sounds good :)

music, music music music.... depending on the scene (like an Island) I have docile music. I have classic Heartless battle Music...

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 02:47
Well sadly I do not have it yet mayte :(

Tbh I guess its very good anyway :D you seem like a big fan of KH certently a better fan than me lol

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 02:54
i will impament sound as soon as i have sora beaten up the first heartless then i will turn my attention to other things.........i will get to the music in good time

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 02:56
Well I finished my ideas notepad thingy I promised to do for you gunn so Ill PM it to you right now :D

Ill also send it to you Shadowblind as I think you will like a few of these :P

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 02:59
thanx a million briggzy11 you are a big help

il definitly start working again on this project first thing tomorrow

thanx for all the help

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:04
I have no idea how send attachments in a PM haha so I decided do it here lol feel free other people if you want to download this but I dont think it will be much use to you unless you just like reading this sorta stuff :P

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 03:06
thanx for the download briggzy cant thank you enough

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:06
Hang on I just attached it there and its the same as PM on the message box here haha HOW DUMB CAN I GET!!! lol o well its attached now :P

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 03:11
thanx

i just hope i can get the next 0.2 release out tommorow most likly il put it out on saturday depending on how fast i code

imagin if i got coder ranking that would be an honor
then our inner circle will have a coder that would be nice

getting a head of myself.........lol

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:16
haha you having a PSP Coder Ranking will make you one of the special few on this website...

...And a original coder too lol not like that PSDonkey god I could of killed him for what he did to the coding scene, he ruined it copying off everybodys projects. Im mega glad this is your own and its a honour to be helping you get to the PSP Coder stage :D

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:17
Getting ahead of yourself btw is the best thing you can do because looking forward to what you can achieve is the way to achieve it. Take the Daedalus N64 Emulator for example. Nobody believed that would work and look at it now lol

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 03:18
that would be pretty cool.

P.S. Im sending you my biggest shipment of sprites and BGs ive ever had. Brigg if you want then too just say.

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 03:19
yea tru looking toward the future is the best thing

cheers to that and if i do become a psp coder you all will get great credit in helping me get there

thanx so much for all the help

thanx for the sprites en backgrounds shadow your a big help cant wait to get underway tomorrow

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:20
Please send them me lol I really want to look at these to see just what they are, the editing I could do to them etc

It would really be a big help to me too (And im not making the game lol)

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:21
yea tru looking toward the future is the best thing

cheers to that and if i do become a psp coder you all will get great credit in helping me get there

thanx so much for all the help

ahhh your a good one for making this type of game though, If i learned a little more about the LUA I would of tried it myself but I am way too lazy sadly :(

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 03:24
there! sent em!

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 03:26
(And im not making the game lol)

listen you are on my ship of coding now en your part of the crew so now your ideas en thoughts are officail here i listen to all your input you are as much part of this project as me en shadow....so you to are "makin the game":)

thanx shadow for sending the stuff

i was lazy too briggzy its just a matter of tryin it out once you get up your on your way;)

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:28
So these sprites then, I guess these are in different stages of the characters animation right? such as them jumping, ducking etc? Sorry Im a bit of a noob to them lol but I think I made some similar for the SMM game a while back you see with some characters from the Matrix

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 03:30
Its true! we are all part of the game team!

I've thought of a possible name...
Either Kingdom Hearts 2.5 or
Kingdom Hearts Dreams

We dont have to use either, its just a whaddya think kinda thing :D

P.S. didja getem?

yaustar
June 16th, 2006, 03:32
I quickly checked it out and it's off to a good start, however there are some severe crash bugs in the program.

Walking off the side of the background
Random crash bug on line 336 where the argurement is not always an image.

The jump is also a little odd, jumping when I start the game, the animation isn't triggered annd I land on a 'ledge'?

And one last thing: COMMENTS!!

Briggzy11
listen you are on my ship of coding now en your part of the crew so now your ideas en thoughts are officail here i listen to all your input you are as much part of this project as me en shadow....so you to are "makin the game":)

thanx shadow for sending the stuff

i was lazy too briggzy its just a matter of tryin it out once you get up your on your way;)

haha yes boss understood. Im glad im not the only lazy one anyway haha. Its quite good your getting into the LUA stage of coding anyway, pretty soon after the game is made (Time will tell) you might be getting into your C++ coding lol, sadly I think you have to pay for the program C++ but my college kindly provieded me with it so when your ready to go the next step feel free to ask and Ill somehow find a way to send it to you.

Also I may be able to help you with 1 bit of coding afterall :D I can get this LUA game to work on the Eloader through a Eboot file (Like most homebrew) so people do not have to download Lua Player as well. Ill study the file and see if I can do it :D

gunntims0103
yea sprites are just pics of movements

i cut out the sprites wrong thats why sora has that black block around him waitng for Apoklepz
to get the sprites edged out for me

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 03:34
whoa...hes gonna have his hands full with the sprites I sent you! :D

Hey brig do you have anything that can download music? i.e. limewire, kazaa...

yaustar
June 16th, 2006, 03:34
There are plenty of C++ IDes and compilers which you don't have to pay for. E.g.:

Codeblocks
devkitPSP

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 03:35
I quickly checked it out and it's off to a good start, however there are some severe crash bugs in the program.

Walking off the side of the background
Random crash bug on line 336 where the argurement is not always an image.

The jump is also a little odd, jumping when I start the game, the animation isn't triggered annd I land on a 'ledge'?

And one last thing: COMMENTS!!

yea i put random collision the jumping is wierd i know i learned it from other projects like random ledges and such things i need to tidy up but i am having trouble i will listen to your input
thanx

i need help in enemies i dont know how to get them up and i have to add fighting i need help in that as i am limited to the codes i know i need to make the level more stable

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:35
hmmm I never thought of the names Ideas in that notepad file, Perhaps we could host a sort of Poll for the best name to go with the game.

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:37
whoa...hes gonna have his hands full with the sprites I sent you! :D

Hey brig do you have anything that can download music? i.e. limewire, kazaa...

Yeh I use WinMX to download all my music, movies etc. I used to have Kazaa but I found out it was virusing the daylight out of my PC haha. If you want anything, feel free to ask.

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:38
There are plenty of C++ IDes and compilers which you don't have to pay for. E.g.:

Codeblocks
devkitPSP

Ahhh thank you for that I had no idea...

...My teacher told me you had to pay for it...

LYING **** lolol

Again cheers god I learn something new here everyday :D

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 03:42
yea maybe wen i master lua il start getting into coding in c++ but thats in the distant future i am curious to know what ppl want the game to be called i might put a poll to find out

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 03:43
Yeh I use WinMX to download all my music, movies etc. I used to have Kazaa but I found out it was virusing the daylight out of my PC haha. If you want anything, feel free to ask.

there are a few things- try finding
Kingdom Hearts Destiny Islands
Traverse town
The heartless battle music, which i suppose would be in CoM
and any other good KH songs youd think'd be good for specific scenes.
Thanx in advance :D

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:47
yeh I went WAY TOO FAR talking about C++ haha my apologise...

...Ok then errr a number of names for the poll and I think that we can start it :D

Names I can think of would be :-

KH - The End Of Time
Sora's Story
The Legend Of Sora

Yeh im bad at names lol and that is actually all I can think of lol

yaustar
June 16th, 2006, 03:48
I can only think of two IDEs that are worth paying off the top of my head. One is CodeWarriors and the other is Visual Studio 2005 (which Microsoft offer a free 'lite' version).

If you are learning C++ then I would recommend either Code::Blocks (nightly build if you can set it up) or Dev-Cpp/Dev-C++, both of which usually come with the GCC MinGW compiler and are both very lightweight compared to Visual Studio. However, unless you need Code::Blocks or Dev-Cpp for a specific reason, switch over to Visual Studio as soon as possible, it is one of the best IDEs around.

gunntims0103: http://lua-users.org/wiki/ helped me a lot when I was doing the Lua RTS prototype.

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:49
there are a few things- try finding
Kingdom Hearts Destiny Islands
Traverse town
The heartless battle music, which i suppose would be in CoM
and any other good KH songs youd think'd be good for specific scenes.
Thanx in advance :D

Well believe it or not I actually have most of these songs haha and any that are not on the net I can record them straight off my TV through my KH game, My MP3 Player and some wierd cable that lets me record of the TV through my MP3 lol

I can also convert them to low compressed files perfect for LUA and for anybody downloading the game that does not have a big memory card (I have 4 1Gig memory cards so ill be ok I think haha)

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 03:51
Well believe it or not I actually have most of these songs haha and any that are not on the net I can record them straight off my TV through my KH game, My MP3 Player and some wierd cable that lets me record of the TV through my MP3 lol

I can also convert them to low compressed files perfect for LUA and for anybody downloading the game that does not have a big memory card (I have 4 1Gig memory cards so ill be ok I think haha)
Awesome! then we've got some of our song depot!:)

Lets see, im gonna document wondered names:

KH-Ends of Time
Kingdom Hearts Dreamz
Soras Adventures
Legend of Sora (sorry I cant say that without laughing!:D )
KH 2.5
KH-Crossover
Sora'a Story

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 03:58
Awesome! then we've got some of our song depot!:)

Lets see, im gonna document wondered names:

KH-Ends of Time
Kingdom Hearts Dreamz
Soras Adventures
Legend of Sora (sorry I cant say that without laughing!:D )
KH 2.5
KH-Crossover

haha I really like those names and the Legend Of Sora name haha yeh Kinda gets me thinking of Link for some reason haha.

The music will be easy to sample and get however I am very unsure how to code it to LUA really because the codec will need to be copied to the code I think. Ill ask a couple of friends who have created various LUA programs to see if they can tell me how they implimented the music into their games then ill report back. oOo second thoughts i cant haha its 4AM here now lol. Maybe later :D

Ill be off bed anyway now, Ill be looking at this thread to see any updates on the name, the program etc. If you make a new thread for a updated program please PM me with the link so I can have a look please :D

All the best see you both online soon (Hopefully 2morro as i come on almost everyday and night lol)

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 04:00
Im obsessed with thinking of ideas!
KH-Beginning of the End
KH-Last Whisper
KH-Ballod of Darkness
KH-Final Light

But, of course, we have to make a name based on the storyline and plot, even if its gonna be really weird...

sroon
June 16th, 2006, 04:02
Wholly AZZ this is sooo awsome man!!
STICK WITH IT!

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 04:07
Hey just before I go I just thought Id mention the game finally made it onto the main NEWS PAGE!!!

Dear team (Legendary coder to be Gunn, Shadowblind and myself) Congratulations :D *Pats self on back*

You know we only made it on the news page because of all these comments haha over 80 now at least, fantastic work and every comment meant something as well, no spam here :D

Kaiser
June 16th, 2006, 04:11
Okay I'm going to clean this thread up since its on the front page.

THERE WAS NO REASON IT COULDNT HAVE LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact you had over 200 posts in a single thread just proves how out of hand that thread got. It was fun for awhile but shadowprophet even requested me to nuke it for him. It was just getting so redundant and stupid.

I'm also tired of people not using the edit button and double posting. Follow the rules!

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 04:29
The fact that this team is willing to actually put out the effort to make this happen means we have overcome the main point of struggle. I've had to quit 7 massive projects because of effort loss.

Yeah, im gonna hit the hay as well. See yall tommarow.

P.S. This is awesome.:D

Nasty Nate
June 16th, 2006, 04:47
this sounds like its comin along great, keep it up and this will probably be one of the greatest ever
i like the sound of it and i dont even play KH

CoderX
June 16th, 2006, 05:37
If you need any help.

My team is willing to help you.

And i can easly fix your black box error. You need a png with transparencys.

Just PM me or email me
[email protected]

laraib
June 16th, 2006, 06:10
GREAT this works on 2.6

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 07:56
im sorry i havent posted in a while i just got back from applebs with my brother its like 2:58 am right now im really tired i look forward to working with anyone on this projected coderx i will definitly be using your services

the name me and my team (shadowblind.and briggzy) will come up with the poll

hope to improve greatly on this project

imagin guys if i got psp coder ranking that would be alsume:D

i see we made it to front page thats alsome :)

yea guys we got to use the edit function dont wanna piss kaiser off no spam here;)

i know how to implament sound already dont worry team i know how to do that;)

yaustar
June 16th, 2006, 09:08
I dont suppose someone could give me a round up of what has been decided so far?

I believe that you are new to programming Gun', if so I this probably the most important advice that I will give:

Comment your code.

This is most important when in coding teams as it makes it a lot easier for other members to find out what a function does at a glance then to having to work it out manually. Even I am lost in your code at the moment. Meaningful variable and functions is another important point, even if they long e.g.

dir.ay -- constant gravity would have been better as
dir.constantGravity -- (I dont even know what dir is)

I mentioned this link before but in case you missed it, this site helped me greatly when it came to making my RTS prototype: http://lua-users.org/wiki/

A central repository for all source and graphics would be very useful as well. Using something like Source control such as (Subversion) SVN would help organise the team development better then doing everything manually.

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 12:50
Well theres not much we can say really however the attachment I am putting here is a list of the plans we are going to take to consideration when the game is fully complete. I must mention that I am not coding this game however I am going to try to play a part in the music, sounds etc of this game. Shadowblind has done a brilliant job with the sprites and surely Mr Gunn will soon be reconised as a accomplished coder for the PSP and hopefully we can look forward to many more projects from him.

Commenting the code is a useful idea and structuring it to a extent is again a idea I didnt even think about mentioning to Gunn so thank you for that Yaustar.

This attachment below anyway is the current ideas we have for this game (Still Unnamed I might add)

HaVoCxRUSH
June 16th, 2006, 13:02
Im a rabid kingdom hearts fan myself. It was the sole reason I actually purchased a PS2.

One thing I must mention as a fan of that caliber, is that since KH2's finish.... Ive always wanted to see the backstory of Axel, before KH2, and his history with Roxas, including himself before he became a nobody. Maybe even up to the point of him actually becoming a heartless which had to have happened for his nobody to come into being.

Edit2: This may or may not be useful but Ive found a collection of a good deal of the chain of memories sprites

http://www.gsarchives.net/index2.php?category=all&system=gameboyadvance&game=kingdom_hearts_chain_of_memories&type=sprites&level0=animated

yaustar
June 16th, 2006, 13:22
Hmm.. Seeing that the stroyline and some advance features of the game are still under design, setting milestones for features / fixes to the engine can be set. It will also give short term goals to aim for and also see visual progress which will help moral and motivation.

The first milestone could be to fix what we have at the moment

Replace the sprite sheets with ones that have full transpency
Fix the scrolling back ground
Fix the jumping controls
Clean up/Comment current code

@HaVoCxRUSH: Rip them out of the GBA game via emulation and tile/memory viewer

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 14:27
yea there are things i have to fix as i am new to this and this is my first project there are sum things i have to tidy up............i have to admit that i had to interpret codes for myself with out a guide and im not going to lie i had no idea wat i was doing but once i gained a concept i was on my way there are definitaly things i have to fix and i thank yaustar for pointing sum things out

i will start messing around with the project at about 11:00 cause its 9:36 and im going to the mall with my brother so il be back

yaustar i will start commenting the codes as you suggested thanx for all the help

Kaiser
June 16th, 2006, 15:15
see we made it to front page thats alsome

heh QJ put your stuff up on PSPU as well. Its funny how they don't even have a single link to the release thread here.

Anyways keep up the good work

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 15:26
thanx a million kaiser for getting our stuff out there

working on the main menu now

iv gotten the main menu wat ya think
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/THESTARTMENU.png

of course it will get changed in the future releases

yaustar
June 16th, 2006, 16:22
I think it needs to be resized for the PSP :P. The edge could use cleaning up a little as well.

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 16:56
this thread has grown in the 6 hours I was asleep...

So it looks as though lots of people are willing to help us if we requets it. Thats always a goos sign, as we can probably use all the help we can get.

Just for a question: Does Lua have the power to create a controls scene; as in, at the beginning of the game, when the enemies first attack it shows you what controls do what. Of course, if its not gonna be very advanced I guess that wouldnt be very neccesary :D

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 17:06
I think it needs to be resized for the PSP :P. The edge could use cleaning up a little as well.

yeay dont worry i will resize it i dont even know if im a use this just wanted to know if the team liked it

well im a be back in a little gotta go with my bro to the auto machanics for car fixing i will be bac;)

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 17:15
This is a remake of the startup screen. I cleared some of the edges more this time.
So whaddya think:confused:

d3v1l
June 16th, 2006, 18:16
lookz ok .. though i dont really like the buttons..probably just me..they dont really fit in with the background...not the same style/theme.

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 18:42
ey shadow thats pretty good for now i might use that in the 0.2 release

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 18:47
I thought you'd like the pidture...notice anything familiar about the font?....:D
Its Naruto ninjafont01!

BTW, im sending you many KH music, i classified them into different sections for easy use. Im using Yahoo to attach them so it'll take a realllllllllllllllllllllllly long time.

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 19:11
Hey all I really love the menus and I have to say that Gunns pic with the team names was awesome lol.

I think that the menu is really awesome but quite a embarassing question now...

...What is Naruto please?

sorry for that lol im dumb haha

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 19:17
hmmm, im gonna do an offtopic-ontopic switch-

Offtopic)Naruto is a freakin AWESOME cartoon

ontopic)for some reason it deleted my songs after I sent them to Gun ;_;. Gun, did you get them, and if you did, can you send them to me and Brigg?

Apoklepz
June 16th, 2006, 19:32
Hey gun, I just PMed you about the sprites, although I gotta say those sprites are kinda weak... I mean, most of them are missing pixels due to some awkward cropping and there's too many repeating frames in the animations... I'll see if I can get a complete Sora sheet from some resources I know about in the web. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy my working with you guys, beacause it'll just get better over time :)

*EDIT* Found it...although the one shown here I reduced to halfsize.... I guess we're going for the sidescrolling view with this game so far... Also, let me know what clothes you want me to put on him, or if you just rather keep his starting ones as seen on this sheet:

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 19:45
;_;

heres some sora sprites taken off chain of memories. They were ripped, not custom made, the kind of sprites for a prof game...

Can you change his cloths to be the ones from KH2? that'd be awesome....:eek:

P.S. If you use Flash 8 you dont have to worry about missing sprites. It fixes it for you.

Apoklepz
June 16th, 2006, 20:01
Yeah I saw those too before, did you see the sheet I posted in the previous page? Which clothes form KH2? The Dark ones?

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I found a web site with every single sprite for every single caracter in the KH GBA game. But I don't want to put it out here so everyone can go and grab em.

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 20:12
send it to me through pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 11111111

Apoklepz
June 16th, 2006, 20:26
Done..diggity-done

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 20:46
sorry for the partail break i was taking...........a quick nap i needed it..........the sprites are good im a check my e-mail in a sec

off topic-naruto's alsome

on topic- im having a little trouble bringing in heartless into the game and incorparating the start menu.......i think i just got brain freeze:D dont worry bout it

i do need help with the a.i coding and bringing in enemies into the game as i am unfamiliar to those codes il get it.........can anyone give help to this:(

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 21:36
I have completed my greatest sprites collection yet :D
They include:
Samus
Sonic the Hedghog
Zelda
One Peice
Naruto
Mario
Kirby
Star Fox
Dragonball
Full Metal Alchemist

thats so far :D

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 21:40
great^

i believe that the black block around sora is now gone thanx to alpoclpz

now to get to the heartless.......this will take some time

team bear with me

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 21:44
Ive included a mass of heartless in the pack im sendin ya, gun, brigg and akolep :D

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 21:50
good ^

iv pm coderx to see if he can help me with the a.i codind for the enemies and i will start working on soras attack

Apoklepz
June 16th, 2006, 21:52
Shad;

I recon you took advantage of the link I gave you, good! Let me know what we'll be using from there. Also check out the custom sprites section under Square/ Enix...there's a whole bunch that we can use from there too, since they're publicly made and perfectly legal....the more we use from that section, the better. ;)

Gun;

I'll try to send you a script with a up to down camera scrolling example, if that helps...At least you'll be able to explore with more territory, instead of just sidescrolling through the game.

About the sound issue and a.i.....I'll have to check a couple of stuff out on my PC Lua when I get home...then I'll get back to you sometime on sunday, k?

Brigg;

I don't quite know you yet, but it's great to have you on the boat.

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 21:55
Thats a heck yes to the advantage! :D

I saw the custom sprites...they didn't fit too well..

I also found many other sprites around the web. Dont get me wrong the ones you showed me were awesome, but they didnt have everything. About 63% of them you should get credit for though :D

yaustar
June 16th, 2006, 21:57
Is the combat going to be in real time? If so, a finite state machine should suffice for the AI. If you are going to do FF style turn based combat then we have problems and may have to resort to mini max which is going to be difficult to implement in Lua.

Apoklepz
June 16th, 2006, 21:59
Credit for who? The Rippers or Square/Enix? That's not a problem, anyone can rip though. Customizing is the real deal. Like say, if I go ahead and give the Original Sora his well deserved new attire...that's a real job worth credit.

This is just an example from my CastleVania project:

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 22:27
The thing is, rippers and the origanal creators deserve credit. No credit is bigger then another credit so it doesn't matter. You cant have 2 credits, it just doesn't work that way. If you have credit, ya get credit.

Therefore we must say, "based on origanal gma produced by Disney and Square Enix". Otherwise, its basic copyright infringment.

If someone custom made sprites, thats all good and nice. But it doesn';t matter if they are custom or not, just the preforable sprites are the professionally done sprites, those ripped from actual games.

P.S. Turn based combat sucks.

Apoklepz
June 16th, 2006, 22:35
Therefore we must say, "based on origanal gma produced by Disney and Square Enix". Otherwise, its basic copyright infringment.

I've been doing the Sprite thing for some time already,(since the good ol "Super Parovadius" days) I can only agree with you here. Sorry, it's just the way I think.

Rippers only save real game developers a lot of time, but honestly...Anyone can rip.

I'll leave you with that thought..We'll talk later, I'm leaving work right now.

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 22:49
Did you get the sprites I sent you?

Just as a wonderance--do you have any form of Flash Creator?

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 23:03
Hiyarr just got back online after a night out with my girlfriend. You are all the second best to me however so I have come back online to see the progress Sorry your not first best, you would be if I never met her lol)

I had a look at the sprites and I have to say they look pretty fine especially the castlevania sprites from Apoklepz they are EXTREMELY neat :D.

I take it that Apoklepz is a new member of the team, if so I say hello to you mayte :D you seem pretty good doing the sprites anyway.

My girlfriend thought of one of the sadest names we could put in the name poll for this game as well:-

Sora The Explorer

Yeh I laffed too haha

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 23:05
Sora the explorer? Wow, all of ya have strange minds.

Hey Brigg, have ya checked yer mail?

I just thought of the name KH Dream because its always been my dream for Sora and the kh crew to meet video game and cartoon characters :D

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 23:16
Wooo Ill be going to check my mail now :D Sorry I have had some problems with spyware lately so my computer is running really bad, I removed most but theres some still hidden. Why do people make it its pathetic.

Either way for me to try get back on topic, KH Dream sounds very good, we just have to hope that Square/Enix do not make a Kingdom Hearts game called KH Dream haha, there was a homebrew apparantly the same name as a proper commercial game and it was scrapped.

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 23:22
Whoa... '_'

what was the game once called?

Hey, what previously gameified character would you personally think good for the game?

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 23:31
I cant quite rememebr the name of the game however it was hosted on DCEMU and it was taken off the site for the reasons i stated above. There were only a few lucky people that managed to get it before it was taken off and apparantly it was a amazing game too.

Hmmm Gameified character??? I wouldnt have a clue at all, what ideas do you have Mr Shadow?

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 23:35
Mr Shadow... I like that :D

I mean, either cartoons that have had a game made off of them or simply game characters. Either way we would have to make a story for their world that combats their common enemies, as well as KH enemies.

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 23:46
Ahhh ritey ooo...

Well im kinda for Mr Jackie Chan making a entrance on this game really haha I think he would be great doing his kung fu on the heartless lol

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 23:48
'_'

uhh....anybody else other then jackie chan?....

I cant seem to find any backgrounds from KH-CoM. Any help in that area would be much appriciated.

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 23:55
Ok ill go looking for some backgrounds for ya :D

Errrr apart from Jackie Chan??? Well theres the Mask I would like to see, damm that would be wacky haha and did you ever hear of the Mega Drive game Comix Zone??? Theres a few characters on there and I have to say the sprites are brilliant :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 00:02
o_0
truely, I have no idea what a storyline for them would be...
maybe we should ask people what characters they would want to see on a new KH game.

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 00:05
Yep defo a great idea. And another Poll haha...

...also a good link with a few backgrounds that maybe useful

http://www.kh2.co.uk/index.php?com=Artwork

I am guessing Mr Shadow that you have been on this site before lol

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 00:15
actually no.... ;_;

its as if my computer doesn't want me seeing the best sites :( :( :(

But I have gotton all the sprites they have before

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 00:22
hey guys just got back online um im a post a screen of wat i got so far in a lil while just give me a sec brb

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 00:24
awww damm as if you cant see the site :@ damm the internet (Actually NO because DCEMU is on the net haha)

I will put the images into a zip file for you Mr Shadow Sir

Hey there Mr Gunn Sir...Glad to see you online again :D

Great I am glad you have made progress :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 00:26
yhanx Mr Brigg but attually I have all the sprites they have there. Just send the BG to me and Mr Gun

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 00:30
Ok ill get them right now :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 00:33
Hey i have the KH battle music and the Naruto world music covered....then i deleted limewire...

Mr Brigg can you look up One peice music for the Grand Line (I thought that might be a fitting name for the one peice world:D)

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 00:38
this is a screen shot of what i got so far
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/screenshot-1.png

now that the annoying black block is off sora i can worry about other things now i changed the backround and in-game creashes seem to be less frequent

keep ya posted

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 00:41
Ok errr could you tell me what to search for please :D or was that what you told me search for lol if so im sorry im just so slow.

Also heres your backgrounds...

...Bad news, they look terrible compared to what they looked like on the website

Also gunn i just looked at the picture and I have to say it looks fantastic it really does, well proud of you there great work.

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 00:46
this is a screen shot of what i got so far
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/screenshot-1.png

now that the annoying black block is off sora i can worry about other things now i changed the backround and in-game creashes seem to be less frequent

keep ya posted

Wow....in 2 days this game has come far....

sendin more sprites and some wicked backrounds :D

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 00:51
Yeh even without enemies it looks fantastic. I want the pillars on that background to be jumped off haha they look so ready to be jumped off.

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 00:54
Hmm one of the pillars looks like it has a repeating texture...

Anyway, I sent the sprite/backgrounds packs to both of ya

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 00:57
yea now im starting on the attack moves of sora and i need a favor from apokolpz i will pm him if hes not reading the post

what i need

i nedd all of sora's attacks frame by frame put i cant get sprite sheet because if you guys send me them il end up being fustrated trying to cut them out and then when i implament them in the game they will have a black box around them like sora so this is what i need

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 00:58
then maybe you shouldnt check your email if you hate spritesheets

'_'

Then again most of my better backgrounds are there...

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 01:03
il check my e-mail now im about to start on attacks once i get all the sprites i need for that i believe that apokolipz can handle this so theres no need to worry

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 01:03
Yeh I noticed the repeating background too. That should be easy to sort out, just a little bit more cutting out on the background is needed really but its good nevertheless :D

Mr Gunn I wish you the very best of luck for the night on the program it is yet again coming on nicely, Mr Shadowblind it is great that you are sending me the sprites as I am getting more knowledgeable on these and I cannot thatnk you enough mayte :D and apokolpz It is great to see you been a part on the game as well and I hope to see you online soon :D

I have to go now sadly you see because even though it is saturday 2morro, I have my last college exam in ICT and if I pass this I will be eligible to start my programming C++ Course :D then I will be helping you double Mr Gunn :D

Take Care everybody :D:D:D

Also noticed all them smiles haha thats how happy I am to help this game to become one of the best creations for the PSP :)

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 01:04
like the smilie face alot :D

I reclassified the backgrounds too. I also have good Ideas for the names of each world. (and it sounds bad to call, say Narutos world, Narutos World.)

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 01:09
thanx alot guys

o yea about the backround i sorted that out wen i resized it to fit the screen i did it wrong so the coding tried to make up for it by trying to blend the two bacrounds together i easily fixed it

im anxious to start on the attacks the sooner i can do this the better

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 01:11
Then start tryin! :D

And to think this all started out in a body-part looking thread that got 60 pages of posts :D

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 01:14
its fairly easy to do but what i need is apokolpz to cut out the sprites for me so that it wont have that annoying black block is all

the attacks should be simple

the thing i need help in the most is incorparating enemies for sora to fight i pm coderx but he hasnt got back to me once i get over that miled stone everything else should be a piece of cake

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 01:17
^ Yeah, the enemies will be a big improvement.

The way the characters should talk in CSs is with the 3D closeup of their face/head, with th word box beside it. that part shouldn't be hard, but that will be a key point to the success of a storyline, and the game.

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 01:27
yeay i agree getting the text for the story line is key for the game that will probally come in my 4 or 5 release of the game

as soon as i get sora attacking and fighting the first heartless i can breath easy

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 01:49
Im on a storyline roll! Im writing down the prototype for every word and action they do right before the start of the actual game!

Gotta admit, its pretty fun :D

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 02:02
lol........good work i look forward to reading it

i cant get to far ahead of myself there are still things i have to do ofcourse before the story really comes in like i said by the 4 release thats wen im a start worrying about story

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 02:06
I know... Its just fun to write the storyline up, though.

Zombo
June 17th, 2006, 02:13
Man,I wish I knew how to make a game!

HaVoCxRUSH
June 17th, 2006, 03:54
Have anything written up as far as plot yet for this?

Id be glad to help with some storyline work if anyone wants. Ive written a few short stories and am in college right now for game art design.

Are you so far decided on heartless?

Are there going to be nobodies?

If it could really branch off, itd be interesting to have an all new third one... Person turns into a heartless, a nobody is made...... What about a nobody with a heart?

I think one other thing might be interesting and I believe Disney also had a part in it - The never ending story. Part 1. With "the nothing" - lots of plot could be built around "nothing" simply being an entire new thing in itself.

I would also die to see Axel some more.

Edit: pm me if you have anything to say - I frequently sswitch between my laptop and my pc and I cant really keep track of all my projects that well without hyper organization skills.

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 11:29
Do you have an updated version of the source?

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 13:51
Ive got a prototype storyline done for Destiny Islands into where the actual game starts. Once again, Its only a prototype.

P.S. If the storyline goes as planned, Axel will be in it...

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 14:11
Yeh Mr Shadowblind Sir when you get me the chance could you E-mail the story to me please so I can overview it? I am pretty hyped up about it really I think it will be brilliant :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 14:13
Im gonna type it all up right now and send it to you, as I have nothing else to do this dreary morning :D

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 14:20
haha awww well I just got back from my exam, damm that was hard haha I was listening to the KH Soundtrack while doing it, mainly because it stops me been frustrated haha then put some FFX-2 OST on :D. Yeh im kinda into all the Squaresoft stuff really.

How much have you actually done for the story anyway because if its more than like 100 pages haha Ill put it all on the PSP as a Ebook so people can download it after the game is made :D. Ill also release the soundtrack to the game as well in MP3 format incase anybody likes the tracks. That is of course if music gets implimented into a future release :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 14:40
'_'

Im a C student. I cant make 100 pages in my life.

I finished the irst cutscene, though. Im almost done typing it up.

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 14:41
Hey just as long as you have a creative mind, I class that as "A" my friend :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 14:44
Ok, just sent it. wait...oops. I sent you the unfinished version. oh well, check it out anyway.

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 14:48
Right I jsut read that fully, didnt miss a line and read it twice :D

My Opinion...

...Not spoiling it for people that may read this and stuff...

...ITS BRILLIANT FOR A START :D

I love the way this story starts as well and already you have introduced sorta cameo characters, great beginning, I could actually build on this however that would be for my personal pleasure haha, really good keep going anyway because I for 1 am pleased that this is going to probabily be the story :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 14:50
I tried to take the way they talk as well as they're personal methods of talk-style into play. The problem is doing that AND making it interseting. ;_;

If you can build on it, I welcome that idea, i cant wait to see how it turns out :D

As with most games the answers will come later, but rest assured they will come

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 14:55
Well theres already a story to it such as the mysterious "Voice" and the missing you-know-what at the secret place. Thats 2 parts of the story that will unfold at a later act so I will be pleased to hear what happens there :D

Either way I am going to be working on some music for the game later, and with that story already in progress I could actually do 2 fanfare tracks to it :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 15:03
Do 2 fanfare tracks?...

Hey did I ever send you the music I got?

'_'

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 15:28
Yeh m8 some orcestral music to go with that start :D

I never got your music no mayte I hope I do soon :d what did you want to send me anyway?

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 15:44
All KH2/KH/KH-CoM songs, but they all had good use.

When i sent em to gun they got deleted (somehow, stupid computer) ask him for the songs.

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 15:52
Again, I ask how is the combat going to be done, it will affect how the system for handling the system for the enemies.

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 15:56
All KH2/KH/KH-CoM songs, but they all had good use.

When i sent em to gun they got deleted (somehow, stupid computer) ask him for the songs.

Ok then I will ask him for them, thank you very much anyway ill send them back to you as well :D

Again, I ask how is the combat going to be done, it will affect how the system for handling the system for the enemies.

I am kinda unsure how Mr Gunn would like the combat system, I personally think it would be like zelda when the enemies come to you and challenge you, then you give them the beatdown haha, well thats kinda like Streets Of Rage really. I would hope for a RPG type battle system tbh but without the turn based action for example you have to pick your combat strategy quick to get your attack in, again kinda like FFX-2 :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 15:57
Which would be more practical for a KH game?

KH style?
Turn based FF style?

personally, I like KH style.

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 16:09
I do like the KH style of fighting really, I think its boomshank :D

The only good thing about FF fighing system is that it makes the game longer to complete. Without that on most FF games, they would be completed in 2 hours haha.

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 16:10
the only good turnbased games are pokemon

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 16:14
O god you got me loading up Pokemon on my GB Emulator now haha...

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 16:17
Im downloading music for each of the worlds sora will be visiting.

Its actually pretty fun

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 16:17

well i pm coderx for help with that as i do not even know myself how the fighting will be done il get to it though in a lil while now im just doing all of sora's movements attacks and such and im making the level bigger and fixing the annoying crash in-game play also adding and exit button so that when you press start and i got to get on the main menu so my work is full at the moment

il be bac in a min

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 16:48
due to the fact that Dragonball has so much premaid stuff for it, its gonna be really simple for me to find music, sprites, and alot of other stuff in that depot.

The best part is, most of its music is wordless, therefore we can use it for worlds that we have a lack of decent music for.:D

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 18:26
dddaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm

i cant get the attacks to work im doing somethin wrong im fustrated now sorry guys im gonna need help with this i though it would be simple i put sum attack sprites in the game and then tried the game but i keep getting script error maybe i have a falty code sum were or sumthin il get bac to ya

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 18:52
Ok guys feel free to come to this great website http://psp-online.amidal.com/portal.php and come and join please :D I will be posting news of the game on there :P too just on updates and shizz...

...I bet that the combat system will be sorted soon you sound so close to it. I am still wondering when Coder X will get in contact with you Mr Gunn.

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 19:02
Hey, can 1 of you somehow turn this picture into a ball shape, ya know, like the shape of the worlds?

P.S. PSP-Online must have a hacked up or something. Somebody apparently already has registered both my username and email address

o_0

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 19:17
You know something, I a going to look at my Photoshop now and I am going to try turn this picture into a world for you.

I am very confused that somebody has gone on registering with your name :S I will look into that for you Shadowblind :D

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 19:21
Thanks, I also have a few more worlds...

P.S. What is the name of the Dragonball World, Full metal alchemist, Mario Bros., Samus and Star Fox?

P.S. The First pic is of Mobius, Sonic's world, and the second, Hyrule, Zelda.

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 19:41
wow you are well tooled up with these and I am glad too. I am proud to be working with you and Gunn when I see this type of stuff :D

Sadly I am unaware of the world names for the games and cartoons etc you asked for Sir however i have wondered, did Super Mario World even have a name for the worlds? there were places like the desert zone, water zone etc.

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 19:48
dddaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm

i cant get the attacks to work im doing somethin wrong im fustrated now sorry guys im gonna need help with this i though it would be simple i put sum attack sprites in the game and then tried the game but i keep getting script error maybe i have a falty code sum were or sumthin il get bac to ya
Upload the latest snapshot of the code, I take a look at it.

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 20:18
Upload the latest snapshot of the code, I take a look at it.

this is the code i use

if pad:square() then
state = attack_r[W_FRAME]
W_TIMER = W_TIMER - 1
if W_TIMER == 0 then
W_FRAME = W_FRAME + 1
W_TIMER = 6
end
if W_FRAME == 4 then
W_FRAME = 1
end

and the code for loading the attack images is

--attacks
attack_r = {}
attack_r[1] = image.load("sora_ar/attack-1.png")
attack_r[2] = image.load("sora_ar/attack-2.png")

state = attack_r [W_FRAME]

but its not working i must be doing sum thing wrong

i appresiate the help

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 20:20
In you control part of your code, the frames are going from 1-3, you only have 2 frames loaded as graphics. Frames 1 and 2 are okay but when it trys this operation:

state = attack_r[W_FRAME]

when W_FRAME is 3, then it crashes because that memory/variable/whatever doesn't exist.

Change:
if W_FRAME == 4 then
W_FRAME = 1
to
if W_FRAME == 3 then
W_FRAME = 1

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 20:30
yaustar here the 0.2 test version of the game there lies the entire code please feel free to mess with it as much as you can as i am still a noob at coding

i have fixed the annoying black block around sora
i changed the backround
trying to implment attacks
i have the floder with soras attacks
try to fix the code for me my brain hurts

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 20:30
I edited my previous reply. See if that works.

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 20:38
Well I fixed as much as I could without changing all the code but there is a BIG problem with the way you are handling your frame animation.

Each animation at present has a different number of frames, for example attack has 2 and movement has 3 but you are using the same frame counter (W_FRAME) to access the table/array of images.

Imagine
You move right, you are now using Run_r[W_FRAME] where W_FRAME is 3 as your state. You hit attack, now it tries to assign attack_r[3] to state which doesn't work because attack_r[3] doesn't exist to blit.

Another problem is the way you are naming your variables. Some start in lower case whilst others in upper case eg:
Run_r and attack_r

Keep to one style.

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 20:42
Sigh... I lost the cord to connect my PSP to the computer and download this game...

Yay for loss...

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 20:48
Well I fixed as much as I could without changing all the code but there is a BIG problem with the way you are handling your frame animation.

Each animation at present has a different number of frames, for example attack has 2 and movement has 3 but you are using the same frame counter (W_FRAME) to access the table/array of images.

Imagine
You move right, you are now using Run_r[W_FRAME] where W_FRAME is 3 as your state. You hit attack, now it tries to assign attack_r[3] to state which doesn't work because attack_r[3] doesn't exist to blit.

Another problem is the way you are naming your variables. Some start in lower case whilst others in upper case eg:
Run_r and attack_r

Keep to one style.

thanx so much i will definitly take your feed back into accont and i will try to fix the script in the way i set up my variables etc....

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 20:51
Fixed the whole problem now, I put all the frame checks at the top of the block for each control, the problem is that you were checking the frame count prior assigning it to 'state' when it should be before. I made some other minor fixes as well.

Also:
COMMENT YOUR CODE!!!!

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 20:54
Just dont put the whole code in a post.

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 20:55
Just dont put the whole code in a post.
??? Comment your code as in "write comments in the script".

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 20:56
thanks for fixing the probs yaustar with out your help i would have been lost

i will start commenting my codes as you said doing this should help other that are tinkiering with the project right none the less i will start doing so

thanx for the help

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 20:56
ah. sorry, im just in a bad mood. My psp is crashing.

Hey, brigg were you able to make that pic into a world?

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 21:16
well now at least i have sora attacking but not hitting anything
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/screenshot-2.png

now apokalpz has to fix the attack sprites for me and take out the white block around the attack then i can continue

hey yaustar any ideas on how to fix the in game script crash problem i try to fix it but i dont even no where to start and i want to fix the prob were sora can run right off the map into a script error any input on this would be great

hey anyone on my team download this attachment and try to get rid of that white box around sora attacking then send it back to me

thanx in advance

m64fan
June 17th, 2006, 21:25
not to be annoying but are you going to add the space ship mode

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 21:41
Fixed. You were checking at absolute values for W_FRAME.

In the middle of a walk cycle, W_FRAME could be 7. The sqaure button block was going 'if W_FRAME is EQUAL TO 3, then change to 1" which doesn't apply to 7. attack_r[7] doesn't have an image therefore crash. I have changed it to "if W_FRAME is MORE THEN 2, then change it to 1".

Side fix, changed some timing issues un the walk and attack cycle.

As for the map problem, that's easy, you run out of 'map' so just do a simple collision check or make boundaries in your collision layer.

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 21:45
Does any1 here have a program that can make the base of a picture balled up? That would be planet helpful.

P.S. Gun Im sending you some worlds I found/made.

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 21:47
yaustar OMG thanx a million you are officailly part of the team like it or not.......lol

really thank you

hey a user just pm me about releasing the 0.2 version on another site i told him it would be alright but not until i have officailly released the 0.2 version here he actully was a help he fixed the white block prob i had with the attack

now to the next step trying to bring in an enemie for sora as of now all i want to do is get a enemie on the same screen as sora this will take some time for me as coderx still has not got back to me on how to incorparate a.i i just want it simple for right now i am open to help for this

thanks

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 21:55
You cant incorpate the AI till you established what type of combat is going to be used. If it is beat em up style, turn based, board based etc it will completely detremine what type of AI to use.

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 22:01
You cant incorpate the AI till you established what type of combat is going to be used. If it is beat em up style, turn based, board based etc it will completely detremine what type of AI to use.

well for a game that will be side scrolling what do you think will be the best but the most simple combat stlyle then will worry about a.i

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 22:08
Real time beat em style like final fight/double dragon, then the AI can be a finite state machine.. Bosses will be interesting though...

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 22:15
Real time beat em style like final fight/double dragon, then the AI can be a finite state machine.. Bosses will be interesting though...

yea i agree beat em up stlye like in double dragon sounds good now how to start thats the prob il do my best on it yaustar i need sum one to put me on track to doing this got any ideas

thanx in advanced

well a user pm me a a.i turtorial im a look into it here it is
http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=50267

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 22:21
Side-scrolling? Thats kinda generic. Can we make it a side/front scrolling game?

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 22:24
yea i agree beat em up stlye like in double dragon sounds good now how to start thats the prob il do my best on it yaustar i need sum one to put me on track to doing this got any ideas

thanx in advanced

well a user pm me a a.i turtorial im a look into it here it is
http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=50267
That is pretty much what I was thinking. A finite state machine and weighted behaviour. Although I would be thinking about making it simpler for your first game.

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 22:26
Side-scrolling? Thats kinda generic. Can we make it a side/front scrolling game?

sorry shadowblind as of right now i have to go with the easyest method first i promise in later releases that i will change the combat format first let me learn the basics in coding for combat and a.i then will talk about different combat as of now we just have to go simple first

That is pretty much what I was thinking. A finite state machine and weighted behaviour. Although I would be thinking about making it simpler for your first game.

yea a little more simple wont hurt for right now once we get a basic combat format then we can inprove on it as of now i just want somthing basic for now any ideas on the codes to start with as i have no clue on combat on this piont il try to read up on sum tutorial on how to do this

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 22:39
Have each enemy hold a 'state' and on every frame it will act out its 'state' behaviour.

eg:

State Diagram

http://i5.tinypic.com/14oaop0.png

Now the wait behaviour well go:
If player is less then X metres away then go to Attack state.

Attack behaviour:
Move towards player, if player is close then fire/attack.
If health is lower then X then change state to Retreat
If player is more then X metres then go to wait state

etc.

However I will suggest at this point that you 'feature freeze' the project (that means stop adding new features) and cleanup the code (including comments) and fix that current 'off the map' scroll crash if you haven't so already. This way you have a almost bug free code base so any new code you add, you know 99% that something is wrong in the new code rather then what is already written.

To give you an idea on how to commect, here are few examples from my C++ files:
http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/UR33r175.html
http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/6Mm9yN76.html

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 22:46
Have each enemy hold a 'state' and on every frame it will act out its 'state' behaviour.

eg:

State Diagram

http://i5.tinypic.com/14oaop0.png

Now the wait behaviour well go:
If player is less then X metres away then go to Attack state.

Attack behaviour:
Move towards player, if player is close then fire/attack.
If health is lower then X then change state to Retreat
If player is more then X metres then go to wait state

etc.

looks kind of tough i will try to do this but if i cant and fail i might have to bring in a coder that specailizes in combat and a.i i think there are a couple i will try my best yaustar if you can help me at this area of coding for combat ect it will be truly apprecaiated as i do know that this all will not be done in one day

However I will suggest at this point that you 'feature freeze' the project (that means stop adding new features) and cleanup the code (including comments) and fix that current 'off the map' scroll crash if you haven't so already. This way you have a almost bug free code base so any new code you add, you know 99% that something is wrong in the new code rather then what is already written.

your right i will try and clean up the code today but i am a little popped as my eyes have just been staring at a computer all day so ppl bear with me i will do as you say yaustar i do need help with that in game crash trying to fix it having trouble though im a take a break for a few and then get back on it the break should do me sum good

yaustar
June 17th, 2006, 22:51
I will openly admit that AI is probably the most daunting and complicated aspect for a brand new coder like your self.

Start off by getting an enemy to chase you if you are too close and stopping if you are too far away.

[Wait]<---->[Chase]

gunntims0103
June 17th, 2006, 22:55
I will openly admit that AI is probably the most daunting and complicated aspect for a brand new coder like your self.

Start off by getting an enemy to chase you if you are too close and stopping if you are too far away.

[Wait]<---->[Chase]

i will do so as soon as i fix these annoying in game crashes

even before that i have to get another character image on the screen inpament his movements and such dam this will take sum time

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2006, 00:06
sorry shadowblind as of right now i have to go with the easyest method first i promise in later releases that i will change the combat format first let me learn the basics in coding for combat and a.i then will talk about different combat as of now we just have to go simple first

When I said that I meant that for the last release :D

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 01:25
When I said that I meant that for the last release :D

well i might release version 0.2 today or i might hold off till tomorrow

things i have gotten done so far

tolk the black block off soras sprites
changed backgrounds
implamented attacks only fire so far

thats what i have done

im getting on a couple of things before version 0.2 is out like

add music(should be simple)
add a heartless(will be hard but im gettin to it)
change background(maybe)
fix in game crashes(a must fix)
add menu(maybe in 0.2)

this is what i hope to get out by the 0.2 release

keepin ya updated be bac later

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2006, 01:56
you might want to release a little less often...

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 02:22
you might want to release a little less often...

well since the 0.1 version isnt really playable i thought i would at least have something playable to an exentent out tomorrow maybe but my team you know who you are will test the game before the release as promised shadowblind

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2006, 02:35
thats actually not the reason... if we release too much, theres not much for others to look forward to. Maybe we should post news to only our team...

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 02:40
thats actually not the reason... if we release too much, theres not much for others to look forward to. Maybe we should post news to only our team...

very well then i will only release the game first to all the team member you test and give input then we will fix what we have to and wait for a set amount of time that the team agrees is right then we will post the release
sound good

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2006, 03:07
Which only makes me feel worse about losing my connect cord for PSP.

Did you check your email?

yaustar
June 18th, 2006, 03:26
Just use LuaPlayer Windows, that's what I am currently using.

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 03:55
Just use LuaPlayer Windows, that's what I am currently using.

it doesnt work for me wen i used it

yaustar
June 18th, 2006, 04:04
Works fine for me. Are you using batch files or running through the command prompt?

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 04:23
i think im running through the command prompt besides that i belive there is only one version of lua for windows and thats th ver 14 version am i right what version do you have most likely the ver 14

yaustar
June 18th, 2006, 04:25
Yep, same one. 0.14

This is that batch file that I use to run the script. The script and files must be in the same folder as the exe for Luaplayer:

luaplayer script.lua
pause

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 04:37
o thanx for the heads up il try it in a min^

hey yaustar iv been trying to tidy up the script so that in game crashes will be less likely but im having troble

after thats done can ya give me sum input on how to add another character on the screen i have to set the corodinates so that the eneimie will spawn at a different location instead on spawning right on sora now i have to do this and cut sprites out for the enemie this is the next step i wanna take any help is appresiated

delirumhappy
June 18th, 2006, 04:47
Hey, r u gonna put the drive form sprites in there?

Good job by the way, kinda cool thing since no homebrews were good since i got out of school.

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2006, 06:06
I need an advance notice: Are Donald and Goofy gonna be in the battle group, and can you switch them out for the other characters of the world they are in?

I need to know relatively soon for the storyline.

yaustar
June 18th, 2006, 13:26
o thanx for the heads up il try it in a min^

hey yaustar iv been trying to tidy up the script so that in game crashes will be less likely but im having troble

after thats done can ya give me sum input on how to add another character on the screen i have to set the corodinates so that the eneimie will spawn at a different location instead on spawning right on sora now i have to do this and cut sprites out for the enemie this is the next step i wanna take any help is appresiated
Give me what you got so far (although I am out all day). You are going to need to use some object organisation code to deal with multiple enemies. Looks through my RTS protoype code to give some insight in how to that. Also read up on Common Data Structures and if possible Abstract Data Types

http://goforit.unk.edu/datas/data5.htm

Apoklepz
June 18th, 2006, 16:22
Hey guys....It's looking good!
I have no internet at home....AAAAAAAAAAARRRGGH!!
Comcast will fix it, but I have to wait till next saturday! Sux....Meanwhile I'll be working on sprites from work, so I'll be on the forums everyday from 12 noon till 5:30 at least.
Hopefully I can clean up Sora's attacks all trough this week, and any other stuff you guys might want me to do...
I also have some menu BG pictures, although not at hand right now.... So I'll put the stuff up tomorrow afternoon, K?
GAMES LOOKING TIGHT!!!!
BTW guntim, try to find a fist of the north star demo done in lua....it has the japanese name "Hakuto no Ken" .... If you examine it, it spawns enemies from the right of the screen, and they even come to attack at you.... I think you should look at the script & take off from there....if that helps. I'll try and send some other examples on monday for status menu & related stuff....
Talk soon guys!

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 17:13
o thanks big time apokolipz i will look into it as soon as i can

just hope you can clean up soras attacks for me cause now there is a white box around his attacks if you didnt get the attack sprites il send it to you in a pm in a min

yaustar i will look into the things you pionted out

thanx everyone

vettacossx
June 18th, 2006, 18:24
hey nice new avitar shadowblind AWSOME look

when do you think you will realease the next version bro?! its looking gr8 so far keep fighting the good fight;) cant wait for your next release buddy :)
ps
thanks again for the sig 2 ;)

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 18:33
i have a test version of 0.2 allready i have sora attacking and such i beleive the next release should be out sum time in the middle of next week hopfully by that time i want sora to be attacking a heartless or an enemie

BL4Z3D247
June 18th, 2006, 18:56
yo gunn this games gunna be hott...keep up the good work

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2006, 19:06
I've found extremely good backrounds for the Mobius(sonic's) world.

P.S. Keep up the good coding :D

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 21:21
alright now i have sora shooting fire balls so thats good even though the animation kind of chessy:D

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/screenshot.jpg

now that soras shooting fire i will give him more attacks now i just need help with the combat and a.i as i am looking for sum one to do this

in game crashes seem to be less frequent exept you can still run off the map and get a script error its sum thing i have to fix

il keep ya posted

BL4Z3D247
June 18th, 2006, 21:44
cheesy or not that looks phat as h3ll

Bear_XI
June 18th, 2006, 22:26
gunntims0103 just do so that when sora

X and Y cannot go lower then the side of the map that means

Sideoflevel = 0

if player.X == Sideoflevel then
player.X = 1
end

Nice job i really look forward to it.

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 22:47
thanks for the code bear x1 i will implament it in a minute along with the code that allows you to press start and exit the game

can anyone help with the combat and a.i PLEASE as i only want sumthing simple for now i just want onother enemie on the screen sumthing easy i cant do it as i am unfamilar with these codes

Briggzy11
June 18th, 2006, 23:02
Hey Mr Gunn I am pleased about the fireballs haha I didnt expect that. Fantastic sir I look forward for more improvements. I did manage to make some worlds from the backgrounds Mr Shadow sent me however they look terrible so I am just updating them :D

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 23:13
lol i look forward to seeing the world maps as of right now im fixing the crash bug and im trying to look for a lua coder that can help with sum combat and a.i as im lost in trying to do that

off topic-

im an unofficail psp coder as i dont have the title yet

lmao

Shadowblind
June 18th, 2006, 23:23
Hey Mr Gunn I am pleased about the fireballs haha I didnt expect that. Fantastic sir I look forward for more improvements. I did manage to make some worlds from the backgrounds Mr Shadow sent me however they look terrible so I am just updating them :D

Awesome! I don't think they are gonna be as terrible as your letting on :D

gunntims0103
June 18th, 2006, 23:58
lol^

anyways can anyone get the word out that i need help with my lua game for combat and a.i cause im fustrated in doing this and i have no idea were to start the whole combat code thing confuses me so i need help the most there anyone know of a psp coder that codes in lua thats online at the moment that can help me with this as im gonna have to bring another into this project to help me

off topic-

im an unofficail psp coder as i dont have that title yet

lol i might put this in my sig maybe wraggster will recognize my talents in the 0.2 release and give me that title as its been a child hood dream to be called this

lmao

but really i need coders help i pm coderx but he hasnt gotten back to me

HELP NEEDED WITH COMBAT AND A.I

THANX

Shadowblind
June 19th, 2006, 00:43
Humble, ey wot?:D
J/k

Anyway, is it even possible to have goofy and donald with you as your team?

gunntims0103
June 19th, 2006, 00:46
it should be possible but i need a specalist in the field of coding for combat and a.i as i dont know how to do this myself im trying to learn but its a bit complicated

Shadowblind
June 19th, 2006, 01:18
Would Yaustar know how to do such a thing?

gunntims0103
June 19th, 2006, 01:22
Would Yaustar know how to do such a thing?

i dont know maybe he can

but he is a really busy guy and he has helped me greatly with my script and stuff and for that im truly greatfull i hope i can become as good as him at coding cause he really knows alot and has taught me much but i need sum one that will not just teach the codes to me cause right now im doing everything as far as coding the game goes so i need sum one that can take on the combat and a.i full time and be part of our team

Shadowblind
June 19th, 2006, 01:38
Would being able to cast spells at the expense of your magic be a hard thing to implement in a game using lua?

gunntims0103
June 19th, 2006, 03:47
its hard but it can be done as i have to implament a helth bar and a magic power bar this can be done but i have to learn how to do this i need another lua coder along side me so im looking for sum one to join our team

Shadowblind
June 19th, 2006, 03:50
Hmm... Lua coder.... is Apoklepz a Lua coder?

P.S. The sites getting a hombrew renovation :D

Nasty Nate
June 19th, 2006, 04:05
looks good guys gunntims, dont let up i cant download the test yet but i want to look at it real bad

gunntims0103
June 19th, 2006, 06:13
no apokolpz is not a lua coder i beleive he is part of our team as he has helped me with sprite editing and such i still need a coder for combat and a.i as i cant progress with out another coder helping me my best chance is coderx but he still hasnt got back to my pm

thanks nasty nate just wait for tha officail version of the 0.2 release it should be good