PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday PSP Homebrew!!

shadowprophet
June 16th, 2006, 13:00
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7758/sonyplaystationpsp5ki.jpg
A little belated, As somehow this news slipped by me.

But yesterday (june 15th) was the one year anniversary of Swaploit, As some of you may remember, until Swaploit came along homebrew was only a fevered dream to anyone but 1.0 users. Then it was only one week later that CybBlade Pawstick and Killer-x of PS2DEV (http://forums.ps2dev.org/) Brought us KillerXploit The single most important app in psp homebrew history!

Many of you may not even know what im rambling on about as most homebrew today comes ready to drop and drag right on your your memstick. But without the efforts of CybBlade Pawstick and killer-X,Simply put homebrew on psp's above 1.0 firmware simply wouldn't be possible. Today even though belated in our well wishes. We wish a happy birthday to psp homebrew as we know it.

Post Feedback Via Comments Below

mr_nick666
June 16th, 2006, 13:07
Hip hip hooray! :D

Long live PSP homebrew! :p

mrbob3
June 16th, 2006, 13:22
homebrew will NEVER die.............. as long as my 1.5 psp never dies..........

ENG
June 16th, 2006, 13:27
Happy birthday, woooo, party!

mr_nick666
June 16th, 2006, 13:29
homebrew will NEVER die.............. as long as my 1.5 psp never dies..........

The day my 1.5 PSP dies I shall cut off my thumbs then spend my life roaming the hills growling at butterflies :p

SmashinGit
June 16th, 2006, 13:50
The day my 1.5 PSP dies I shall cut off my thumbs then spend my life roaming the hills growling at butterflies

Imagine if your psp died, what a horrible thought, long live my psp and happy birthday to kxploit and homebrew on fw 1.5. :)

zx-81
June 16th, 2006, 14:23
Happy birthday :)

Kaiser
June 16th, 2006, 15:12
I remember those days. Back when PSP-News was an ugly yellow colour and the entire PSP staff were newbs. ;)

gunntims0103
June 16th, 2006, 15:14
happy b-day homebrew

aleborri
June 16th, 2006, 15:34
yeah Happy Birthday :D

I'm really amazed how far has the PSP come along in terms of homebrew, and particularly 2006 has been the best year by far. We finally got updates that made previous genesis and snes, neogeo cd and other emus now almost full speed, and several new ones like mame4all, daeadalus, pspcap32, neogeo alpha, etc that are quite promising.

So thanks to the Swaploit guys, CybBlade Pawstick and Killer-x, which paved the way for PSP hombebrew. Today PSP is, at least for me, the best homebrew console ever, where thousands of retro games can be enjoyed anywhere, and more to come.

Now I hope that the modchip allows many people to get into PSPs homebrew scene and even more talent comes to it :)

LAMPRO
June 16th, 2006, 15:45
oh the magnificence of 1.5 + homebrew.

Happy Bday.

Lets do a poll of evyones top 5 homebrew.

1. pspradio with links2 and afkim plugins.
2. fastloader/umdemu
3. anything nesterj.
4. dgen
5. squares/callisto.. im addicted.

anyone wanna add to the poll?

Searching4me123
June 16th, 2006, 16:08
haha happy borthday its funny my birthday is today to june 16 though wouldve been cool to have the same b day anywayz HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOMEBREW

felonyr301
June 16th, 2006, 16:10
happy birthday homebrew may you keep on living to fulfill your destiny which is to enterntain me as much as you can lol.. happy birthday

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 16:18
Yeh big happy birthday...

...I am so surprised nobody released a Homebrew Birthday Game for the homebrew scene haha well Sora Adventure was 1 so well done for that :D

shenske37
June 16th, 2006, 17:11
happy b-day!

i remember when i first heard about the swaploit method, it made me so excited i went out and bought another memory stick that day!

that was indeed a great day! (but i had not a part of this site at the time :( )

mavsman4457
June 16th, 2006, 17:22
Call me a noob but what's up with that PSP in the picture?

lumisi
June 16th, 2006, 17:25
Looks like a prototype

Voltron
June 16th, 2006, 17:48
WOW, I'm glad the anniversary has been acknowledged. In just 1 year, look at all that can be done with the PSP. All of the great homebrew and added features.

I would like to take this time and post to thank EVERYONE involved in the PSP Homebrew scene. Whether you are just a member of these forums, or whether you are a full fledged coder. All of you are so much appreciated and make the PSP the best tech gadget ever.

Wow, in just ONE year...... I hope this sparks renewed resolve to make year 2 even more of a bang. Hopefully 2.01+ people will see a downgrade method and more exploits found.

And my favorite part of homebrew, Emulators, I hope the Emulation development continues and remains as strong or stronger than what it is today.

I waited in line and bought my PSP on Launch Day and I'm so happy I discovered this web site and homebrew when I did or I may have done the unthinkable and upgraded past 2.00. Long live my precious 1.50!

Raekwik11
June 16th, 2006, 19:42
Where's Wraggster been? he doesn't post any more. Even on homebrews birthday.

acn010
June 16th, 2006, 21:30
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
i was here all along. but ididn't care till more interesting homebrews were coming out especially the psprevolution that me likey a lot! XD
then the downgrader, the first eboot loader.... omg, i just want to cry :(

acn010
June 16th, 2006, 21:34
oh, and that pic, that was the prototype, is it?
probably it will be a next generation psp 2, cause it looks small and thin, it has to be powerful.
now im dreaming. lol

mragonias
June 16th, 2006, 21:44
Thanks Killer-X and Cybblade (we always will remember you)

samthegreat68
June 16th, 2006, 22:24
Where's Wraggster been? he doesn't post any more. Even on homebrews birthday.
yeah i think he's on a business trip or something. he was talking about that he was going to be away for 2 weeks i think.

shadowprophet
June 16th, 2006, 23:08
Is a psp proto type. It was never used tho,
in favor of a design that supported an analog nub.

Video_freak
June 16th, 2006, 23:27

its like sony releases a patch and your 1.5 automatically blows up right in your face :eek:

jk, lol :p

Long Live PSP Homebrew :)

Shadowblind
June 16th, 2006, 23:29
Now all some1 needs to do is make a poem--
Ode to the PSP...

acn010
June 16th, 2006, 23:49
Is a psp proto type. It was never used tho,
in favor of a design that supported an analog nub.

new it, reason is that when sony anounced their new project long time ago they had showed the prototype and i believe this pic is the same one i saw. lol
i imagine, the analog will be heat sensitive to move around without the stick
PSPLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

samthegreat68
June 17th, 2006, 03:17
i think it looks like crap. crap indeed.

rmg060606
June 17th, 2006, 06:24
it looks awesome that should be like the psp2 or psp light it could be like the ipod wheel like it would be motion censored and sony could support homebrew and not hate on it