PDA

View Full Version : No Psp2 "But a psp fix"

shadowprophet
June 16th, 2006, 14:51
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/9271/howstart4nw.gif
kotaku.com (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/mole-its-no-psp2-but-a-psp-fix-181191.php) Has received a report that states rumors of a psp2 where unfounded, rather a psp fix seems to be works. Here is what that report had to say.

Last week, a Kotakuite contacted us, bringing word of a PSP focus group in New York City. Sony sent out preliminary questions that were centered on the PSP, how it was used, etc. The feeling was that the company was focus testing for a PSP2. Our reader just got back from the focus group. Bad news: doesn't seem like Sony is planning a PSP2 anytime soon, but rather something the company is calling "PSP Fix". Moreover, there was talk of "iTunes like" downloadable content. It being a focus group, that's pretty much what the dealio was: talk. Hit the jump for what he had to say. Got back from focus group tonight. It's more non-news and more evidence of Sony's lack of understanding about what propels gamers to game. The talk revolved mainly around a thing Sony's calling "PSP Fix"...which sounds intriguing but is really just a Jampack for PSP. LAME! Mainly demos, MP3s, movie trailers, behind-the-scenes stuff, etc on this PSP Fix thing. Other names were offered up as it was agreed that "fix" has too many druggy connotations. There was talk of cool things like GPS functions, maps, and PDA life software apps on said "Fix", but it was all suggestion...sadly... The only interesting thing of note was that a "iTunes like" service for PSP was discussed. We were asked what we would want to see for the service and asked to rank those things 7 to 1. Downloadable "iTunes like" content like:

1. You Tube/User Videos
2. Music Videos
3. Full Length Movies
4. 30 Minutes TV shows
5. 60 Minutes TV Shows
6. HBO Programs and such, like The Sopranos
7. I forgot the 7th thing...but it was nothing fancy
Talk of software emulation--PS1, Homebrew-- was heavy among the group but the consultant Sony had hired played dumb.
I'm starting to pity Sony...

Post Feedback Via Comments Below

SSaxdude
June 16th, 2006, 14:59
Sony's so called Playstation "emulator" seems to be aimed at making homebrew users update. Well, it will never work.

PunishedOne
June 16th, 2006, 15:13
Sony's so called Playstation "emulator" seems to be aimed at making homebrew users update. Well, it will never work.

We will......with the chip. :D

gavind
June 16th, 2006, 15:49
he played dumb...... sure he did, i bet he was agreeing behind his deliberate attempt to not understand.

Moning2
June 16th, 2006, 15:49
wow a new rumor, o joy! more dumbasses asking when it will be released and if the eloader works on it :rolleyes:

felonyr301
June 16th, 2006, 16:07
yep you got that right more dumbasses but without them it be a boring forum..need to get some laughs you know lol:cool:

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 16:20
The only thing sony have made me proud of is the release of the PSP...

...Now they are destroying the PSP and all of their products, shame on them...

...Just as long as DCEMU stays running and homebrew is still been made, I will be very pleased.

joe45mama
June 16th, 2006, 16:21
any of you know how to get demos from playstation underground?

Moning2
June 16th, 2006, 16:27
yep you got that right more dumbasses but without them it be a boring forum..need to get some laughs you know lol:cool:

they start to annoy me, the millionth topic called "im a newb help me plzzzzzzzz 2.7"

and then with the question if they can use homebrew on 2.7

horrible!

CandieC
June 16th, 2006, 17:40
they start to annoy me, the millionth topic called "im a newb help me plzzzzzzzz 2.7"

and then with the question if they can use homebrew on 2.7

horrible!

yeah if your like me ( going from one scene to another after they die e.i. n64 to gba to xbox to psp so on and so forth)

you get so goddam sick of lil teens that just descovered "the scene" .............. now i wanna punch the computer.. lol jp but they are very annoing.:mad:

Voltron
June 16th, 2006, 18:03
he played dumb...... sure he did, i bet he was agreeing behind his deliberate attempt to not understand.

Exactly... With the incredible homebrew available for the PSP, do you really think that Sony employees or game developers, passionately hate homebrew. Hell no, they probably all have emulators on their PSP's.

Its just at a point where you can't ignore PSP homebrew. It will live on longer than the PSP itself. When the "PSP2" or exploit free PSP's come out, we will all still remain dedicated to our homebrew PSP's.

Briggzy11
June 16th, 2006, 19:23
No PSP is safe...

...I bet even the versions 4.0 and 900000.7 will be hacked when they come out haha...

2.7 has people trying to hack it now and they will I bet because people in the homebrew scene are as crafty as Bill Clinton and his "assistants" haha

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 16th, 2006, 19:49
:D
yes but you got to give the noobs a chance you know, i'll bet you if you was the person asking it'll you won't say that.:cool:
but ..............noobs.........LOL

Sharkey
June 16th, 2006, 20:28

I'll update for a psone emu.

But only because I own 2 psps, a 1.5 and 2.01.
I don't mind updating the one and had planned on it if any other games come out that I like that need updating.

It pays to have the best of both worlds.

acn010
June 16th, 2006, 21:18
meh, SONY company is destroying itself, but not enough to go bankrupcy (need good spelling on that word *cough*)
even the upcoming PS3 is too expensive giving huge opportunities for the Wii consule to get owned by costumers.

BALL_SAC
June 16th, 2006, 21:51
this sounds really weird... so I dont really understand this whole "fix". Is this confirmed to be real?

samthegreat68
June 16th, 2006, 22:16
this sounds like crap. but if there was a PS1 emu i would update... only because I just bought my brothers 2.00 psp for $120! and i already got a 1.5.

Video_freak
June 16th, 2006, 22:51
can't sony just give in to legal homebrew? PLEASE.......!!! its just getting so annoying that you can't have any fun with ur psp because its blocked in the next update. we bought the hardware, we should be allowed to do whatever we want with it (as long as its legal)

btw, a psp2 would have been hecka tight :)

Voltron
June 16th, 2006, 23:17
this sounds like crap. but if there was a PS1 emu i would update... only because I just bought my brothers 2.00 psp for $120! and i already got a 1.5.

Well, due to recent developments and talented coders, we can now FULLY emulate 2.50 firmware on our 1.50 PSP's so the way I see it is that eventually everything will become unlocked, hacked, or otherwise available for 1.50.

can't sony just give in to legal homebrew? PLEASE.......!!!

Honestly, I bet Sony is kicking themselves in the A$$ that they did not think of it first or spend the extra time & money to develop it as one of the PSP's "official" features. And another thing, PSP Homebrew has gotten so strong that if they finally give in and come out with there own "Sonybrew" the masses of dedicated underground homebrew will not buy into it so it is too late.

acn010
June 16th, 2006, 23:59
eh...
that would be a waist of moneymaking for themselves.
imagine that they had create a program for only licensed psp coders for a price ( sony, ha!, cheap *******s, i bet there gonna sell the program around $500 ) that at least would be nice from them.