PDA

View Full Version : What's better?

The Hombrew Hunter
June 17th, 2006, 01:19
What's better for NDS homebrew, tv shows, NDS emus, and GBA homebrew, roms, and GBA emus...

The MML/GBAMP/1gb CF card somewhere around 68$

or..

M3 CFC version/Passkey 3/1gb CFC somewhere near 120$

What should I purchase?

The Hombrew Hunter
June 17th, 2006, 01:20
In other words, which is better for my money, and what's the huge difference?

Because I might not be able to afford the M3...

And which runs .nds/.nds.gba better? SD/mini SD or CFC?

The Hombrew Hunter
June 17th, 2006, 01:31
Please help. I'm only a noob who can't even get DSMS to work...

MutantMooBunny
June 20th, 2006, 02:44
M3 CFC version/Passkey 3/1gb CFC somewhere near 120$

Purchase that package if you want to run DSLinux. If you don't... Purchase the M3 SD version/Mini SD Version, whichever card you want, the Passkey 3, and whatever size SD card you want. The read/write speeds on the SD card will be faster than the CF card. Just make sure you get an SD card fast enough to take advantage of the increased speed.

In any case, because the DS really isn't doing crazy intensive applications, read/write speed won't make much of difference anyway. I like the sd/mini sd M3 better because it's a smaller than the CF M3. The CF M3 is freaking hulking.

btw, I dunno if you figured out this question yet or anything, but I thought you might like an answer.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 20th, 2006, 02:58
Thanks. I'm getting a Supercard/Superkey bundle from realhotstuff.com. Good idea? Because I can probably get a 2gb SD card and SD reader/writer for free. At this place called the North Park Clubhouse Lounge, you get prizes for tickets, and if they don't have something you want, you write that down, they call you and tell you the ticket cost for it, and you can go in and get it. I know I can get these if they purchase it, because we have 15000+ tickets.

GO CHEAPASS GAMES!