PDA

View Full Version : Capcom Customer Service ROCKS

shadowprophet
June 17th, 2006, 14:51
At least Matt of Kotaku.com (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/capcom-customer-service-rocks-181452.php) thinks so, why is that? read on to find out more about this interesting but odd customer service experience.
(From Matt @ kotaku.com)
I recently wrote in to Capcom customer service with some gripes about their recent PSP release of Monster Hunter Freedom. A very nice customer service girl replied. (I will leave her name out in respect of her privacy) She explained why certain features turned out the way they were despite some advertising to the contrary and apologized on behalf of the company. She then offered to send me a small gift as a token of their sincerity. She was very respectful and professional. I was flattered and gave her the address where she could send my free gift.
I was surprised when I received a box from UPS the following week and opened it to view my new Capcom loot. I must admit I was expecting a t-shirt, psp screensaver, or some other leftover shwag from E3, but instead was greeted by a gift box containing a barbeque utensil set. You might be wondering about the stuffed piglet that is also in the pics. That is an official Monster Hunter Freedom poogie doll that was given out with pre-orders at the gamestores. It is the mini-gift that was also included and ties the barbeque set to Capcom. Now please don't think that I am in any way disappointed. Capcom has already surpassed the customer service norm by simply replying to my rant of disappointment, let alone sending free gifts. And I have more than enough leftover E3 shwaq so I really didn't need any more. This just caught me off guard coming from the company whose only relation to barbeques are cooking zombies with flamethrowers. Maybe if the barbecue tongs made zombie noises while I used them, it would be more relevant. Or even hearing Ken do his signature yell from his flaming uppercut whenever I flip a burger with the barbeque spatula? Then everyone would know I was using the coveted Capcom barbeque set. Of course then all I need now...is a barbeque.

Matt

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7240/capcomgift29dd.jpg

Well it appears capcom likes to keep there customers happy. Hmm I wonder if its too late to complain about Dead aim??

Post Feedback Via comments Below

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 14:53
barbeque?...

Capcom?....

?....

'_'

Vega
June 17th, 2006, 15:14
Hehe, a bbq from Capcom. Crazy.

Briggzy11
June 17th, 2006, 16:01
Yeh I would of expected Gaming shizz then you get a BBQ Set :S

Thats like Microsoft sending free chocolate to everybody...

ericlaw02
June 17th, 2006, 17:12
*drools at the bbq set*

...ain't it fun BBQing well-done steak in MPF and BBQing real food in real-life? [/sarcasm]
(and result: Well-Done PSP steak XD)

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 17:39
capcom...

bbq....

It doesnt mix...

What has capcom come to...

'_'

TheGreatMe
June 17th, 2006, 17:47
*drools at the bbq set*

...ain't it fun BBQing well-done steak in MPF and BBQing real food in real-life? [/sarcasm]
(and result: Well-Done PSP steak XD)

I think you meant well-done steaks in MHF (Monster Hunter Freedom), or?

Because i think that's the relation. You can bbq steaks in Monster Hunter Freedom.

I asked the European Service whether that pig is still avaible - i mean, he gets a full bbq set, and i do only request that cute pig, i hope i can get one (i only asked for now if it is still avaible).

MarcusOF
June 17th, 2006, 18:02
Hahaha lol. They probebly gave you the barbeque utencil set so that you can symbolically roast the official Monster Hunter Freedom poogie doll over a open fire.:p

samthegreat68
June 17th, 2006, 18:12
how very nice of them. maybe square enix'll send ya some new drapes...

Shadowblind
June 17th, 2006, 18:19
or a camping set

Video_freak
June 17th, 2006, 18:26
wow. thats the most random thing you'll ever get from customer service!

Accordion
June 17th, 2006, 18:29
it makes sense to me

but maybe im weird

cats cook!

BALL_SAC
June 17th, 2006, 18:31
see ya guys later... Im off to ask capcom for my brand new barbecue utensil set. ^_^
Is there by any chance that this is fake information?

jman420
June 17th, 2006, 18:57
A barbeque utensil set?!
thats a good gift now?? lol

Ennohex
June 17th, 2006, 20:12
Dunno about you guys, but in south Africa we all "barbeque" at least like once a week. Although.... we call it a "braai"
I like braai's, it's a great gift!

Accordion
June 17th, 2006, 20:19
how do you pronounce that
im guessing
brar-ay
but probably wrong

Psyberjock
June 18th, 2006, 01:32
If you don't understand the correlation its probably because you haven't played the game or you haven't given it much of a chance. Its a great game related gift. You can even get barbeque utensils as a weapon in the game.

This is a very Japanese thing to do. Its very common for a company to send a customer a gift if they feel that the customer may have bad feelings toward the company for a certain reason.

My friend once got a large expensive box of cakes because she found a hair in a 99 cent peice of bread.

I guess I haven't thought about it for a while since its kind of normal here in Japan. I forgot what the crappy world is like. I do remember my surprise the first time I heard of this happening though. Companies in the US don't give a s*** about their customers. After all, its just one person right? In Japan every customer is important.

I love it here!

RedKing14CA
June 18th, 2006, 01:40
so- nearly every japanese company does this but sony... AHAHAHAHHAAH

thats awsome

DrSarcasmo
June 18th, 2006, 07:53
A most excellent gift and one quite fitting to the game. You BBQ monster meat you harvest in MHF.

I want a poogie doll, as my dog's name is Oogie and her nickname is Oogie Poogie...:D

DrSarcasmo

Voltron
June 18th, 2006, 12:27
What exactly was the gripe about Monster Hunter Freedom?

But awesome gift. Capcom delivers... literally

RedKing14CA
June 18th, 2006, 18:27
What exactly was the gripe about Monster Hunter Freedom?

But awesome gift. Capcom delivers... literally

there were some things that seemed to be false advertised... i have 1.5 FW though... so i wouldnt know :mad:

jerrt
June 18th, 2006, 19:37
talking about customer service i recently had a very good experience with Nyko. I had a theater experience that i bought when they came out. i like it despite its little problems, well then they release the newer, updated, and yes much better version and i was kinda mad. i wrote them a letter voicing my problem and they said that if i mailed them my old theater experience they would mail me a brand new one for free. i mailed it to them and then it took them longer than expected to get a shipment into their office so they even threw in a free nyko screen armour. needless to say i was impressed and i'm always up for hearing about this wonderful industry practice. congrats on the set. [:

mr_nick666
June 19th, 2006, 09:13
Im sure if you complained to $ony theyd generously upgrade your 1.5 PSP to 3.00 free of charge :mad:

Forever~Zero
June 19th, 2006, 14:44
Interesting. Probably wont get anything like this in Malaysia.

RemixUnlimited
June 19th, 2006, 18:53
Guess they are tring to get the gamers to go outside once in a while.

Cap'n 1time
June 19th, 2006, 19:55
ah, capcom is and always will be one of my favorite companies.