PDA

View Full Version : Strange Downgrader Claim

A_Username
June 17th, 2006, 22:30
Listen to this guy he is so full of himself:

all firmware 1.0/2.7 (8:29am EST Fri May 26 2006)
Launching update 1.5 from a 2.5 psp
men, sony people are very stupid! can you believe this? hehe! in only two hours i have catched it! hehe. this isnt in any page of hacking psp, so im glad to find it! ive get the clue to start launching ANY update from ANY OTHER psp firmware installed! the clue? hehe very very easy, but not fully functional yet! the structure of any update is this:
-TOC of the language menu
-FirmwareVersion-comprobation-to-la
unch-update number
-png photo that appears as update icon
-one encrypted file that starts with ~PSP (as told by various people). this file isn't fully encrypted: in the start of this file, there is a TOC that informs the PSP about some things.
-another encrypted file that starts with ~PSP (not scanned by me yet)
-a final CRC encrypted code.

So, which is the clue you will say? hehe. if you change the "FirmwareVersion-comprobation-to-la
unch-update number" from (for example) 1.50 to 2.50 with an Hex editor....Bum! it launches! yeah....IT LAUNCHES! you will get after the psp original screen and more or less 22 seconds a page that says that the update cannot be launched because the data are corrupted! hehe. but no one has reach this peak, men! i think that with a little more time i will get some more, cause in the first encrypted file you can give the machine into a buffer underrun failure!! hehe! sony's people ****ed again! in the TOC of this file you can set too much things...for example require the user to set a password before start it....hehe. if this is real, there wont be any problem in making simulators from an update file, and it will work for ALL FIRMWARES!

isnt it nice when things just.....WORK!hehe. your will have more news...Bye for now!
Friday, May 26th 2006 @ 6:02 AM - by another

WILL IT WORK!!!!

A_Username

coo
June 17th, 2006, 22:38
wow, how many of these do you need to post?

A_Username
June 17th, 2006, 22:58
I collected all the downgrader claims and posted up all the promising ones, 3 total

BALL_SAC
June 17th, 2006, 23:33
Every downgrader you catch out there are fake. There is noone that has successfully downgraded 2.01+.
No offence, but quit trying man.

SSaxdude
June 18th, 2006, 04:56
Here's a secret that will let anybody with a PSP launch firmware 1.5: it's called the modchip.
The modchip is as close to downgrading 2.01+ as we can get.

Kaiser
June 18th, 2006, 06:49
wow, how many of these do you need to post?

Enough for him to get a stern warning from me.

Stop spamming this shit my friend or action will be taken.