PDA

View Full Version : ZsnexBox v1.6

wraggster
June 18th, 2006, 01:52
Snes Emulator for the Xbox Updated, heres whats new:

save GUI background audio (v1.6)

FINALLY fixed the bug where supported games would sometimes not start or crash the XBOX.

Added support for HD modes 720p and 1080i. These are only selectable if the correct cables are used and are enabled in the dashboard. 480i/480p is still the default video mode used unless it is changed. These take affect immediately and both the GUI and the in game emulation are rendered in these resolutions. This setting is saved to the ini, so if something doesn't work, you can always delete the ini to have ZsnexBox start in 480i/480p. If you have a problem with the default 480p/480i code and you have support for 720p or 1080i, you can change this line in the ZsnexBox.ini
HDMode=X (X is 1 for 720p or 2 for 1080i)

Removed the width limitation of the ROM browser when the video mode is set to 720p or 1080i.

New video filters added: None - with 25% scanlines ; None - with 50% scanlines ; None - with 100% scanlines ; Interpolation ; Interpolation - with 25% scanlines ; Interpolation - with 50% scanlines ; Interpolation - with 100% scanlines ; High resolution Mode 7 ; Advance MAME 2X with High resolution Mode 7 (very CPU intensive) ; Simple 2X with High resolution Mode 7

Added 3 key combinations. They are: L Trigger + Back = Save State ; R Trigger + Back = Load State ; Back + Start = Exit Emulation

Added option to disable key combinations in the General Options menu.

Lowered the default background music volume.

Added two more sound effects to the GUI

Added support for New Graphics Engine Enabled/Disabled (needed to fix graphics problems in some games like Fatal Fury Special, Super Punchout, and others). This can only be changed after a game is started.

Added option for Old Graphics Mode 2

Added option for greyscale rendering (can only be set before a game is started)

When exiting a game a small screenshot is displayed on the options menu

Screenshot saving added. All previous previews must be copied to the "prev" folder that is created in E:snexBox.

Added option to take low resolution (256x224) or high resolution/filtered (512x448) screenshots. For the fastest rom browsing use low resolution screenshots.

Added option to hide file extensions in the ROM browser

Added option to display zip file contents when ROM browsing. There is a small lag with this feature turned on.

Added reverse stereo to the sound options menu.

MUCH faster screenshot preview loading

Added option to change the max number of Rewind states (0-25 states). Rewind states should be set to 0 if not using the rewind feature. This will increase the emulation speed.

Added option to change the time interval between rewind states (0-40 half seconds).

Added option to disable the in game volume control

Added Pro Action Replay code support. Up to 15 codes per game can be used. These can be entered/edited in the emulator and are saved to the cheat directory (created by ZsnexBox).
Game.par = Name of the cheat file
The contents of Game.par are:
AAAAAAAA:B:Enter Code Description Here (27 characters max)
AAAAAAAA = The Pro Action Replay Code
B = On (1) or Off (0)
15 entries can be added to this file or created in the emulator.

Added Game Genie code support. Up to 15 codes per game can be used. These can be entered/edited in the emulator and are saved to the cheat directory (created by ZsnexBox).
Game.ggn = Name of the cheat file
The contents of Game.ggn are:
AAAAAAAA:B:Enter Code Description Here (27 characters max)
AAAAAAAA = The Game Genie Code (Do not put the "-". i.e. AAAAAAAA is correct but AAAA-AAAA is NOT correct)
B = On (1) or Off (0)
Up to 15 entries can be added to this file or created in the emulator. If
you create the file outside of ZsnexBox, you don't have to type all 15
entries in the file. Make sure you hit "Enter" once after the last cheat
code line.

Added reset game to the options menu

Removed the dimmed screen image used in screen resizing.

When resizing the screen, the left analog moves the screen (with a locked aspect ratio) and the right analog stick resizes it.

Better menu separation.

Added a separate menu for: Video Options, Sound Options, General Options, Controller Options, GUI Options, Cheat Codes (Only available after a game is started)

Pressing "B" on any screen will return to the previous screen.

Most values in the option screens can be increased with "A" and decreased with "X"

Button "Y" is used to access the Options screen from the ROM browser.

Changed the color of the text on the resize screen to make it easier to read.

Added option to disable the ROM information when starting a game.

Added analog stick deadzone calibration. This is a global analog deadzone that will affect all controllers. I had two controllers that seemed to have a mind of their own. It was almost imposiible to resize the screen with the offical controller S I have. This fixes the problem. The default value is 0.24. I found that a value of 0.54 works well for me.

The background music volumne is now saved to the ini.

The initial ROM directory can be changed in the RomPath.ini. For example:
D:Roms (D: is the current directory where default.xbe is)
or E:EmulatorsxSnes9x(info) 1.42Roms
or E:EmulatorssnexBox 1.5Roms
or R:Roms (R: is the directory to use for an XBOX formated (made from an xISO)CDDVD. C: (The backslash must be included here)

Various speedups

I also included the default.xbe (in the just_for_fun folder) that I had when I made the first post announcing ZsnexBox. I thought some people might like to see what I had and compare it to what it is now. I disabled the debug output for this build. Put a game in the folder and name it "rm.zip". This folder can be deleted if not wanted.

More info --> http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=522298

Hawq
June 18th, 2006, 15:20
1.7's out, news:
-The FPS setting is fixed. It should display if it is set to "On" every time.
-Reverse Stereo is now saved/loaded from the ini.
-The "Hide File Extensions" option is saved/loaded from the ini.
-Added an option to disable screenshot saving
-Fixed the bug where part of the screenshot was still on the screen after saving.
info (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=522477)