PDA

View Full Version : Bomberman Arena v0.93 Beta

Kaiser
June 18th, 2006, 07:13
ShUr1k3n has released an update to his Bomberman clone.

Here's whats new,

-Up to four players and different AI types.
-A score board and random map generator!
-A new menu and soem new SFX. As well as some sprite modifications.

I for one am excited about this game. With the possibility of AD-Hoc multiplayer being added in the next release this looks to be a promising game worth keeping an eye on.

Download and Post feedback VIA comments

Mew
June 18th, 2006, 08:35
Thank you so much shuri1k3n!!
I love this clone!! :)
It's so fun playing bomberman with friends during breaks!
I hope with ad-hoc there's a way to play with 4 players with only 2 psps :)

Voltron
June 18th, 2006, 12:30
Bomberman Rocks! Hopefully some of the cool special items can be implemented. My favorite was the remote-detinated bomb.

vettacossx
June 18th, 2006, 17:25
AWSOME good stuff bro look foward to future updates i think this is a GR8 idea for homebrew!! and a retro classic to boot

axiousley downloading your DC-homie,
vettacossx ...lol

mr_nick666
June 18th, 2006, 17:34
Wicked! :) Multiplayer wireless will be cool too! :D

Kvonx
June 18th, 2006, 22:16
dis iz da best time killin homebrew evr!!! i luv it an it jus gets bettr evrytime..gud job cant wait 4 da nex release

dtothabreezy
June 19th, 2006, 00:24
this would be awsome online cant wait for next reales

Zion
June 19th, 2006, 00:36
Nice game! :p

Searching4me123
June 19th, 2006, 00:57
yah know bomberman was the best game and now its still the best game and keeps gettin betta and betta thanks to you

the one and only
June 19th, 2006, 13:27
Thank you so much shuri1k3n!!
I love this clone!! :)
It's so fun playing bomberman with friends during breaks!
I hope with ad-hoc there's a way to play with 4 players with only 2 psps :)

a neat idea would be to map up, down, left, right, to triangle, x, [],0 and then use the trigger to plant the bomb. same with the up down left right trigger

mr_nick666
June 19th, 2006, 13:31
a neat idea would be to map up, down, left, right, to triangle, x, [],0 and then use the trigger to plant the bomb. same with the up down left right trigger

Thats a really good idea! :)

the one and only
June 19th, 2006, 13:52
lol, im surprised any1 understood it, im such a coherant person, thanks

ShUr1k3n
June 19th, 2006, 17:35
Hey all, and thanks for ur comments ;).

1st - Voltron:

Bomberman Rocks! Hopefully some of the cool special items can be implemented. My favorite was the remote-detinated bomb.

I cant put that "remote-destinated bomb" cos PSP dont have enough buttons to use that in (2 Player Mod), lets see Player[1] (default Controls):

-> Move with the "arrows", and Drop the Bomb with Left Trigger. What button should (s)he use to Activate the Bomb?

The only buttons left are: "Home" and "Select". And i dont think that's Playable :p

2nd - Kaiser, Mew, etc...

Unfortunely, i cant implement the Ad-Hoc multiplayer cos i dont have 2 PSP's, so i can't test it :(

I'm still looking for someone to make the news Sprites (i'm not a artist, thats for sure so, i cant create better Sprites then these).

Working ATM in "Kicking Bomb's". So keep ur eyes open :)

mr_nick666
June 19th, 2006, 18:40
Ive just been giving this game a further thrashing and it does ROCK :D The AI is set at the right level too cos its not too easy to win :p
How about a combination of buttons for detonated bombs - like all movement buttons at once and fire (might help if youve got fat hands!!) :confused:
Not sure why you want to change the graphics either - I think theyre pretty good! (Im a graphic designer by profession too!) ;)
Are you going to impliment telelportation and conveyor belts?? :confused:

ShUr1k3n
June 19th, 2006, 19:18
Ive just been giving this game a further thrashing and it does ROCK :D The AI is set at the right level too cos its not too easy to win :p
How about a combination of buttons for detonated bombs - like all movement buttons at once and fire (might help if youve got fat hands!!) :confused:
Not sure why you want to change the graphics either - I think theyre pretty good! (Im a graphic designer by profession too!) ;)
Are you going to impliment telelportation and conveyor belts?? :confused:

Teleport - Yes (tks for the tip :p )
conveyor belts - Whats that :confused:

mr_nick666
June 20th, 2006, 13:12
Teleport - Yes (tks for the tip :p )
conveyor belts - Whats that :confused:

They were moving platforms on the floor that made you walk slow or fast depending on the direction it ran! They also carried bombs too so you could sneakily let them travel into your enemies path! :D

I worked on the graphics and game idea side of this game for the SAM coupe - what features you got planned!!!??? (I love this game!) ;)

Voltron
June 20th, 2006, 21:15
I cant put that "remote-destinated bomb" cos PSP dont have enough buttons to use that in.

Well, thanks for the response anyway. I really appreciate this project. The "kicking bombs" are awesome. Can't wait!!!

Instead of the conveyor belts, what about the rollerskate upgrade which gives bomberman a SPEED BOOST???

ShUr1k3n
June 21st, 2006, 00:39
Well, thanks for the response anyway. I really appreciate this project. The "kicking bombs" are awesome. Can't wait!!!

Instead of the conveyor belts, what about the rollerskate upgrade which gives bomberman a SPEED BOOST???

Speed Boost are already implemented in this Version.

Blue "boots", with a yellow break in the front :P.

I am ATM change a Big part of the code, so i can implement new features easily ;).

The exams are close, so i need to study too. But as soon as i can, i will release another update.

mr_nick666
June 21st, 2006, 08:41
Speed Boost are already implemented in this Version.

Blue "boots", with a yellow break in the front :P.

I am ATM change a Big part of the code, so i can implement new features easily ;).

The exams are close, so i need to study too. But as soon as i can, i will release another update.

Cant wait! :D

Have you thought of 'bomb booster' floor spaces where (no matter the power) your bomb blast covers the screen up and down?? :confused: