PDA

View Full Version : PMP Mod AVC v1.01 Released

mameuser
June 19th, 2006, 02:11
Jonny (http://jonny.leffe.dnsalias.com) posted this new release of his Video App for PSP:

- Added zoom, aspect ratio, luminosity boost.
- Now runs at 120mhz, in the worst situation this should still give 37-40fps (if someone experience stuttering, please contact me).

Battery consumption is around 20% for a 2 hours movie.
Key mapping is slightly different from PMP Mod, the next PMP Mod version will use this mapping too (many thanks to DickyDick1969 for testing this combination).

Keys while playing:

triangle = exit
o = toggle osd

square = pause/play
left/right = rw/ff
x + left/right = faster rw/ff

up/down = change volume
select = cycle audio streams

left/right triggers = change luminosity
start = cycle aspect ratios
x + up/down = zoom up/down

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

felonyr301
June 19th, 2006, 05:10
this just keeps getting better great job man

mr_nick666
June 19th, 2006, 08:58
this just keeps getting better great job man

Agreed! ;) Liking the low power consumption muchly! :) (Good for camping, travelling, etc. where there's no power!!)

Moning2
June 19th, 2006, 12:52
well then raphael... :D

Ghoti
June 19th, 2006, 13:04
Hi folks,

i haven't followed this progression much but i have a question. I have an old version of the pmp playing prog, i convert my avi to the pmp format but is this avc codec better and smaller then the avi->pmp ?
avc was supported by FW2.0 and higher right?

greets ghoti

dthpsc
June 19th, 2006, 15:36
Yes, AVC is a much higher quality codec than the previous MPEG-4 standards... and .PMP isn't a format, it's just a container that includes the MPEG-4 video and MP3 audio if that makes any sense.

Once again, this is great stuff, easily my favorite homebrew prog besides the up and coming Deadelus...

If I may, I'd like to request being able to save your playback point on a movie though and possibly sleep mode so that you don't always have to FF and RW to the spot you were at before having to turn it off :) . Thanks for this great piece of software

Another thought... being that you can underclock and still run 480x272 at full speed, do you think it would be a possibility to add support for up to 720x480 and adjust the clock speed accordingly (blocks become much less obvious at higher resolutions)? Then it would be just like the UMD Video :cool:... and how about the possibility of .ogg support (much higher quality at much lower bitrates saves more space)?

djakku
June 19th, 2006, 18:39
Well I really want to try this one but if someone could point me to a program that would easy the encoding process I would be gratefull. SO far, by reading the "official pmp forum thread" on ps2dev, It seems to be a paint in the Ass to encode into AVC, or maybe it's just be?
Could anyone point me to an app or a nice tutorial?
Also a technical question, as far as I know encoding AVC is much faster than encoding xvid or divx, am I right or wrong? (regardless the factor of your desktop environnement)

Broonale
June 20th, 2006, 06:00
doom9.org has many tutorials on video encoding.

You can learn enough there and translate it to your needs.

ganon
June 20th, 2006, 19:48
Gonna stick with psplayer this is too comlplex to convert

or does someone have a quick way to convert to pmp?

Cooe14
June 21st, 2006, 22:46
Can this run standard mpegs?