PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario War v1.01

Kramer
June 20th, 2006, 08:28
Percival and PSP 3D are proud to release the latest version of Super Mario War for PSP, a port of the awesome home-made Super Mario deathmatch game (think of it as a mix of Super Smash Brothers, with the items and actions of Super Mario) orginally developed by Michael Schaffer and Florian Hufsky. The latest version features a plethora of bugfixes, game improvements and optimizations, as well as new features; download your copy now! The game features a ton of different characters and maps to choose from, a complete library of music, awesome CPU AI, and a variety of game modes to choose from. It's fully modable; read the README.txt included for more information on the game, skinning, upgrading from v1.0, and more.

http://psp3d.com/superwar.png

New features/fixes in v1.01 include:
- Fixed programming error causing 1.5 users to get black or blue screens.
- The game can now be saved to a folder other than /PSP/GAME/smw.
- Some maps didn't load at all, now fixed.
- Fixed each goomba showing twice in goomba mode.
- Exiting or pausing the game during a screen shake (e.g. by stomping on another player) made the text appear in weird positions, now fixed.
- Fixed menu music always playing even during a game.
- Replaced giant font used with chicken and tag mode.
- Only 1 human player can now be set.
- Mario skin should now appear first.
- The numbers 2 and 3 in the race mode were hard to read, now legible.
- Press circle during team select to change to a random skin.
- Map selection: hold square and press left/right to jump 10 maps.
- Map selection: press analog left/right to jump to a map name starting
with the next letter.
- Preview map button changed from square to L/R.

Download Super Mario War v1.01 for firmware 1.0 (2.XX via eLoader) from here (http://psp3d.com/smw/smw_1.0.rar).
Download Super Mario War v1.01 for firmware 1.5 from here (http://psp3d.com/smw/smw_1.5.rar).

mr_nick666
June 20th, 2006, 08:41
I cant wait to play this version!!!! :D Have done a sneaky work download but Im gonna have to wait 'til lunch to play it!! - waaaaaaah! :(

Kramer
June 20th, 2006, 09:10
This game is the coolest:D it's my new favourite homebrew game.

stotheamuel
June 20th, 2006, 09:44
yeah and on the computer a new version (beta) is out (new items such as about 5 shrooms, feather, shells)

so hopfully itll be updated for psp

jman420
June 20th, 2006, 09:47
freekin sweet game!!!

mr_nick666
June 20th, 2006, 13:38
Wicked wicked wicked game! :D Not too easy to win either - the AI is pretty good at killing you! :o Loving the extra levels :) A really well polished and damned addictive game! - Great work! :D (is there any chance you'll add wireless 2 player??) :confused:

Voltron
June 20th, 2006, 13:48
Yes, this looks very impressive. I'd love to see this project continued.

Keep up the awesome work!

SSaxdude
June 20th, 2006, 14:33
This is the top homebrew that deserves multiplayer.

Oni
June 20th, 2006, 16:13
This is one of the greatest homebrew out (and it run on 2.++:p ), it's a must have. Will download it when i get home tonigth. Can't wait 'till it'll have wireless play.... would be cool if they manage to put a 4-player system in it:p

ONi

gunntims0103
June 20th, 2006, 16:23
great work good game

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 20th, 2006, 16:59
the best homebrew game ever made^^
thx Percival and PSP 3D
keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

cal360
June 20th, 2006, 18:53
this game is one of the best and truly adictive

felonyr301
June 20th, 2006, 18:58
never played it gonna try it but seeing how ya guys love it im going to love it too lol

samidgley
June 20th, 2006, 19:39
I've just played this for the first time now as well.. and tis very very good, well done :P

Briggzy11
June 20th, 2006, 20:00
...All I am saying is this is fantastic, Thats all it deserves becuse it clearly is. I remember asking for this ages ago to be released and finally it is (I should of said this on the last release haha)

samthegreat68
June 20th, 2006, 21:28
does this have the same type of mechanics as super mario brothers? i mean I've played mario flash games and crap and they just dont feel the same... but it's gotta be good to get this much approval. I guess I'm about to find out right now.
Also, isnt there mods outfor this as well?

Kvonx
June 20th, 2006, 21:43
yes......yes...........hell yeah!!! bin waitin 4 dis 4evr!!!! dis is jus like smash bros ma fave game

mr_nick666
June 20th, 2006, 21:57
does this have the same type of mechanics as super mario brothers? i mean I've played mario flash games and crap and they just dont feel the same... but it's gotta be good to get this much approval. I guess I'm about to find out right now.
Also, isnt there mods outfor this as well?

Theres a load of mods on this forum for it :)

This brew is better than most of the retail games I have! - Such good replay value too with all the extra game modes! :D

If you havent tried it yet then I demand you do it now! (please) (for your sake!) ;)

Napalm-Death
June 20th, 2006, 22:38
This game is ****ing awesome!

vettacossx
June 21st, 2006, 03:44
This game is the coolest:D it's my new favourite homebrew game.ditto...lol...my feelings exactly...

and i made the SMW mod pack last version heres a link for you guys Super Mario war Character skins - DCEmu :: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PS (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26820)
GR8 JOB!!!!!!!! AND WHAT A FAST UPDATE CANT WAIT FOR FEATHERS THEN ILL KIK SOME [email protected] wait!!!!

samthegreat68
June 21st, 2006, 05:42
yes i played it briefly before i had t leave and go play paintball. it effing rocks! im gonna try out the mods too, i cant believe something so awesome as this came out that wasnt from an emulator! it gives me soooo much hope for possible better games in the future!

nightwinn
June 21st, 2006, 06:54
I have had this game on my xbox for about a year now. I love this game. Now one of my favorite games is now on my two favorite homebrew machines. This game is a major hit at parties.

mr_nick666
June 21st, 2006, 13:15
ditto...lol...my feelings exactly...

and i made the SMW mod pack last version heres a link for you guys Super Mario war Character skins - DCEmu :: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PS (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26820)
GR8 JOB!!!!!!!! AND WHAT A FAST UPDATE CANT WAIT FOR FEATHERS THEN ILL KIK SOME [email protected] wait!!!!

Your mods are cool vetta! ;) (Still cant get your Metal Slug mod to work though - cant download it because it says theres a virus and it gets auto blocked :( ) (I HAVE been playing your MM Metal Slug mod though - cool! :D )

yabmane
June 22nd, 2006, 01:03
I have a problem with the game to my PSP. It said CAN NOT LOAD. PLease HELP

vettacossx
June 22nd, 2006, 07:42
I have a problem with the game to my PSP. It said CAN NOT LOAD. PLease HELP

there are always directions in the read me file within the zip you download.....this file labled READ ME always contains important info on installing your game ;) also for a gr8 guide on homebrew and the basics check this link out bro ;) kaisers really good hb guide (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19867) made by dcemu's very own kaiser its a must have for all confused first time dc-homies ;)

thanks :) mr nick 666 ill see about posting a 5 pack of smw skins later this week4out of the five are done... im gonna get that JGJ mod of metalslug done first ;) for ya

PSP3D
June 22nd, 2006, 15:48
Thanks for all the nice comments! Percival and I are currently working on a new version to be released soon; possibly with the new PC beta updates.

vettacossx
June 22nd, 2006, 20:50
OMG cant wait id LOVE to play with the feathers hells yeah thanks for keeping us posted boss :)

mavsman4457
August 4th, 2006, 22:47
Sorry for digging this thread out of the basement but I would like to see a different mode implemented into this game where you have to complete certain challenges like going 1 on 3 in chicken or something.

Percival
August 5th, 2006, 14:04
You can already. During team select press L or R to change the "invisible cursor" to another player and press left or right to change teams. Just place 3 players into one team.

chrisdv98
August 9th, 2006, 15:29
any chance of a wireless multiplayer mode appearing any time soon? Becuase that would make this game unbelivable, i notice there is already homebrew with multiplayer so would this be possible?

mavsman4457
August 9th, 2006, 15:54
You can already. During team select press L or R to change the "invisible cursor" to another player and press left or right to change teams. Just place 3 players into one team.

I was reffering to a set of given challenges that you have to complete to "beat the game." Almost like levels.

Percival
August 10th, 2006, 22:23
any chance of a wireless multiplayer mode appearing any time soon? Becuase that would make this game unbelivable, i notice there is already homebrew with multiplayer so would this be possible?
I am planning to implement this in the future.

I was reffering to a set of given challenges that you have to complete to "beat the game." Almost like levels.
Hmm.. maybe you could suggest it at the site of the original authors? http://smw.72dpiarmy.com

Broadus
August 11th, 2006, 00:32
Wow! Amazing! The AI is great, the game runs fast even on eLoader, and there's so much replayability. Just great. Anyone that can play homebrew needs to play this.
I might be late in saying that, but I feel like I gotta' anyway.

Video_freak
August 11th, 2006, 02:34
once i get me 1.5 psp i'm definently trying this game. it looks amazing :)

Broadus
August 11th, 2006, 06:07
Don't you have a PSP, already? Or is it 2.70/higher?
I couldn't afford to be stuck in that boat.
It would be nice to see the PSP version be updated to the equivalent of the PC version.

Video_freak
August 11th, 2006, 06:43
i had a 1.5. broke it. bestbuy gave me $250 plus tax. now i'm buyin a 1.52 from success hk :)

chrisdv98
August 12th, 2006, 14:08
i am just waiting for the authors to add wireless multiplayer as me and my two brothers would probably play this game every single day with wireless. Its great but the ai is a bit off sometimes.

oceanpotion
August 16th, 2006, 21:44
Can you please give me directions on how to download this game to my PSP? Thank you so much! :)

BL4Z3D247
August 16th, 2006, 22:03
Can you please give me directions on how to download this game to my PSP? Thank you so much! :)
download from the first page, unzip it and drag and drop it in to the GAME folder(in the PSP folder)....also what firmware do u have 1.5 or above?

mavsman4457
August 17th, 2006, 00:52

I saw someone's signature and it said something like answer a noob's question and he'll be fine for a day, teach a noob how to use the search function and he's good for life. That's a really crappy version of it but I was wondering if anyone knows whose signature that is. And I only bring that up because oceanpotion could have easily found that by searching for it. ;)

mattchew13
September 22nd, 2006, 10:32
i cant play it wen i go into it is loads and every thing then the screen goes black and my psp restarts

PSPZorZ
September 24th, 2006, 04:25
Cool game. Can you make it multiplayer for adhoc and infrastructure please?

what_tha_deuce---
October 3rd, 2006, 00:38
how do i play .rar files on my psp

mr_nick666
October 3rd, 2006, 09:02
how do i play .rar files on my psp

Dude! When you ask a question check for a reply! :rolleyes: Ive told you about four times now how to extract .rar files!!!! :eek:

Extract the files from the .rar folder using WINrar :)

Get it free here:

http://www.download-zone-free.com/winrar/

what_tha_deuce---
October 4th, 2006, 02:42
Sorry Bout The Rar File Question I Know Its An Old Subject

what_tha_deuce---
October 4th, 2006, 02:44
I Posted It A Few Times Incase I Didnt Get An Answer Straight Away Also I Forgot Were I Poisted It Also Why Did U Report Me

ICE
October 4th, 2006, 05:11
fantastic game but multiplayer would make it killer.

Iccang
October 12th, 2006, 05:56
Really nice game...

Thanks for posting here..