PDA

View Full Version : Scorched Tanks, homebrew possibility?

LazerTag
June 20th, 2006, 17:56
So this wouldn't really be a port since the source is closed as far as I know, but would make for an awesome "remake" for the PSP. And if I am in the wrong forum please move as needed and accept my apologies.

Anyone whom owned a Miggy is sure to remember this title and some whom have simply learned of it through emulation. Basically it is a tank game with 2 to 4 players (similar in game play to Worms series, but much more superior IMHO). So just set your angle and power then fire. Each player taking turns. It has a money system where each player could get a chance to buy various weapons and shields before starting each round. Really made the game stand out. Each round earned each player a certain number of points based on your ranking of when you got knocked out of the round. This in turn earned you a certain amount of money each round. Also the settings of the game allowed a player who didn't squander all their money each round to earn an amount of interest per round on what you had not spent. So players could still earn a 10% to 50% interest on the money you had not spent. I still find myself playing on PC using UAE. I sometimes fire it up on my PSP, but it's so slow that really hinders it.

I think a version of this game for PSP would be a really cool homebrew. Maybe some updates to it, but really keeping the game as close to as is, is what will make it a winner if you ask me. If you make this game we will play. ;) I'll send you a cookie too!

Thanks for lending an ear ... er .... eye as it were.

publicprivates
June 20th, 2006, 20:35
sounds like gunbound