PDA

View Full Version : Remember the water cooled 360? heres another one with the radiator inside

Hawq
June 20th, 2006, 19:41
Yes a guy by the name Dano2k0 has taken some of his free time & made a water cooled 360 with the radiator on the inside so theres no unsightly bits hanging off the console. I have to say this one looks rather nice really, though I doubt I'd be taking my tools to my 360 if I had one.

The hardware mod features:
* Both CPU (Zern GPU block) and GPU (Koolance GPU-180-H06 block) watercooled with internal Tank-o-Matic mini reservoir, 12v thermaltake pump and DD fill port on the plexi window.
* 90mm radiator grill mounted to the plexiglass with 4 thin fans
* Passive heatsinks on many internal chips
* Tinted plexiglass on one side of the case
* Custom cut DVD window
* Custom painted case
* Blue and UV LEDs all around the case with external switch to disable/enable.
* Blue ring-of-light, silver power button

Apparantly this mods going to make it into the official XBox magazine next month so its going to be seen by a good few people. This quote from Dano2k0 may make it in as well but for those that dont read the magazine:

Firstly I would like to say the reason for starting this project was due to a few reasons. After doing previous watercooled projects etc which were mainly PC projects, I always fancied giving it a go on the 360. I saw others perform watercooled modifications but I wasn't ever very impressed due to them having big external units sat at the side. It had been talked about in the past about having a complete internal watercooling system and everyone doubted it would ever be possible due to the lack of space. This is when i got the idea of pulling off the impossible, and it hit my requirements perfect, a completly portable solution with the cooling needs i was after, in the exact same original sized case.

It has proven to be quite a challenge doing a complete interal watercooling build with such space restrictions, the whole project was well thought through before being started, and as can be seen through the progress photos it shows quite clearly the steps I took so it may be possible for some people to replicate a simillar modification as the parts are mentioned in my thread.

All in all an interesting mod, thanks go to Xbox-scene for this news and you can read the full story of this mod in this thread (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=505987) on their forums.