PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Meeku's Quest: Beyond the Gateway (Isometric RPG)

TheEmulatorGuy
June 20th, 2006, 20:53
This is a techdemo of an Isometric RPG by the illfoundedmind Production Studio (http://www.illfoundedmind.com). This was entered into the ps2dev game creation competition. We didn't get it to the extent we hoped, as only the music, isometric field and menu are working. We did have alot more up our sleeves The tech demo can be completed, so don't give up >_>

All work, programming/graphics and music is original and by our team. Nothing is taken. So as a note, turn your volume and brightness up

It'll only work on 1.0/1.5. You will not be able to rename the folders at all. Sorry for this inconvenience, it will most surely be fixed in the next release.

Either way, here's some screenshots.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9470/27mi.png
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/4375/42xv.png

You can find the files here under "Meeku's Quest - Beyond the Gateway":

http://ps2dev.org/The_Fourth_Creation/

mr_nick666
June 21st, 2006, 09:33
This looks so cool! :) Make a full game out of it!!!! :o

vettacossx
June 21st, 2006, 14:36
SWEEEEEEEEEET love rpg's need more RPG and FIRST PERSON SHOOTER HOMEBREW

gr8 job guys id just like to give a personal thanx for bringing MUCH NEEDED genre change to the psp.....we need more good:

HB RPG

HB FIGHTING GAMES ( street fighter,killer insticnt,mortal kombat style fighter with MODABLE charicters

AND 2d side scrolling shooters/ FPS / TPS...

you guys at ps2dev bring us alot of much needed INTOVATIVE GAMEPLAY to the HB ( homebrew) scene and make us modder happy with every release ( thanx for the jump gunner jump and this title love the genre change you guys REALLY DO KNOW WHAT A GR8 GAME CONCEPT CONSIST OF ;)

1--REPLAY VALUE BY BEING FULLY MOD_ABLE MOST OF THE TIME :)

2--original ideas in much neglected GENRES ( rpg/2d side scolling shooters and hopefully a good mod-able fighting game down the road ;) )

3-- you tend to update and continue your projects untill there finished not start somthing gr8 and leave it in the dust:)
like so many gr8 HB games ARE :(

that is just 3 reasons why this is one of vettas FAV dev groups ps2dev is the game group of the year and sony x team is a gr8 dev group for apps and utill.
Well i dont want to invade any further into my buddy shadow prophets title...lol ;) so ill quit RANTING and leave the RANTING to the RANT MASTER HIMSELF with his shiny well brandished wiffle bat...
gr8 releases ps2 dev :)

Physicist
June 21st, 2006, 14:40
i like the sound of a mortal kombat homebrew. itd have to have WLAN though :p

Searching4me123
June 21st, 2006, 19:59
man i wish i could play this :-( *sniff* *sniff*
anywas i would just base the screens and looks like this could go somewhere gr8 job people who worked on this

Physicist
June 21st, 2006, 20:36
i started to download and then got scared cos it said "unknown file size" i kinda red-flagged it in my mind.
iv learned to be better safe than sorry hehe.

bibipili
June 21st, 2006, 21:37
yay finally i thought sephy would neve make a demo. he sephy dude thatnks for the uploads over at crazy:D

Cloud_35
June 22nd, 2006, 02:14
This seems to be a great proyect. I expected more updates to Dragon Fighter though...

By the looking of the screens, is it gonna be some kind of RPG-Graphic Adventure??

The enviroment and the characters remember me to Broken Sword...

publicprivates
June 22nd, 2006, 05:45
hey vetta! didnt the psp get a version of mugen for a modable fighting game?

Voltron
June 22nd, 2006, 20:05
Looks like a lot of work went into this. Good job!

jman420
June 26th, 2006, 04:05
freekin' sweet! i never even noticed this untill today, great start for a game! keep working on it, this could be huge! :D

And emulatorguy, you need to take the brackets "()" off the link to the illfoundedmind site URL

and the game is, a little slow playing.. I see it renders fairly slowly, and the character goes very slow, if that was fixed it would be vastly improved..
however, why not have it fully 3D rendered? the background art could be done so much easier, and the rendered processes would be simpler.. and I know the coders on the project know how to write 3D for psp, is it just because your using LUA?

either way, sweet game!

"And in other news tonight, Voltron got totaly served"
Robot Chicken

BALL_SAC
June 26th, 2006, 23:04
Looks like one of those Megaman RPG's from the Gameboy Advanced. Good work.