PDA

View Full Version : PSPCAP32: Amstrad CPC Emulator for PSP v1.1.0

zx-81
June 21st, 2006, 01:10
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspcap32-snap-10.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPCAP32 the CPC Emulator for PSP.

First, i would like to thank Loic Daneels for his hard work on keyboard files, his feedback
and all his usefull suggestions :).

What's new in version 1.1.0 :

- New keyboard files from Loic Daneels (more than 380 games !)

- Add keyboard change skin option :
You can design and add your own virtual keyboard images in the graphics
directory (as it has been done by DrNicket for PSPInt, the Intellivision emulator).

- Modify the file requester to memorize separately the last locations/directory
of disk image, snapshot, and keyboard (much more convenient !)

- Add a red LED to show CPC floppy disk access

- Bug fix, SHIFT and CONTROL keys are now working.

- Bug fix in analog pad handler

How to use it ?

Have a look to the README.txt file !

Two binary versions (for 2.x and 1.5 FW) and sources are included in the zip archive.

This package is under GPL Copyright, read COPYING file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :D

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

SSaxdude
June 21st, 2006, 01:41
Hey zx-81 could you work on a Dosbox emulator?

sroon
June 21st, 2006, 02:15
Yes Awsome!!
Iv got to show my tech teacher!
Thank you!

beastie
June 21st, 2006, 02:40
How about an Amiga emulator

aleborri
June 21st, 2006, 07:53
Great thanks a lot, downloading now :=)

zx-81
June 21st, 2006, 09:03
How about an Amiga emulator

There is already PSPUae ? http://www.kaillera.com/pspuae/

:)

mr_nick666
June 21st, 2006, 10:23
Excellent as always! ;) Think I'll have to crack out "Tintin on the Moon" now... :D

Hungry Horace
June 21st, 2006, 12:07
There is already PSPUae ? http://www.kaillera.com/pspuae/

:)

cummon though dude.... look when the last update was! there's no support for it at all, the forum is down and well..... the last version is still massivlely underdeveloped!

hard task a miggy emulator! if you considered it, you might want to finish off a few others before you embark on it!

nice cpc update btw.... and fairlight 2 rules!

zx-81
June 21st, 2006, 12:30
cummon though dude.... look when the last update was! there's no support for it at all, the forum is down and well..... the last version is still massivlely underdeveloped!

I don't know, i haven't try it :o :o but it seems to run games lol.

hard task a miggy emulator! if you considered it, you might want to finish off a few others before you embark on it!

nice cpc update btw.... and fairlight 2 rules!

Poem58
June 21st, 2006, 20:16
I am confused....you said that you needed not make a 2600 emu cause there was one (even though it barely works) and said no need to make an Amiga emu (cause there already is one) but you made the Amistrad CPC and there already is one that playes games....I am confused as to how thats different? I am greatful for your work but to tell people who request your skills to make a fully functional emu where only a barely to partial exsists...your response is contradictory to your own actions....I respect if you just don't want to do a 2600 emu...that is your choice. But to say it's baecause there is one and then make a new emu for an exsisting emu and in it's messages tell yet another person that there is one for thier request already...just seems silly...

Once again, this is at your time and effort so I respect your decision not to do an emu...but just say no your not interested...or maybe later or something...just don't contradict yourself...you forget that when someone asks for an exsisting emulator from another coder...the original tends to be incomplete to the point of rendering it a needless release and in the case of the 2600 at least...seems 2 releases then abandoned.

BTW, playing the 5200 games....great job on that!!!
but since it was extremely rare in my parts..not as much nostalgia....even your awsome intellivision was barely found when I grew up ...we all had atari 2600's (the only intellivision I ever played was at the neighbors she had the only one...everyone else for blocks had 2600's)...is that marketing or what!! :D

zx-81
June 21st, 2006, 21:12
First of all, thanks for your comments. :)

I am confused....you said that you needed not make a 2600 emu cause there was one (even though it barely works) and said no need to make an Amiga emu (cause there already is one) but you made the Amistrad CPC and there already is one that playes games....

There are only two versions of CPC emulator :

- one called CPCPSP ported by Nige (i've been in contact with him before beginning my own port of Caprice32). It was a first version, without keyboard, impossible to load disk etc ... very first beta version, and Nige has not even the time to finish it ...

- the other called PSPCap32 ported by myself ...

So i don't see the point :D

I am confused as to how thats different? I am greatful for your work but to tell people who request your skills to make a fully functional emu where only a barely to partial exsists...

I'm not in contradictory lol, i didn't want to port existing emulator that works already on all FW, only because it's a waste of time.

your response is contradictory to your own actions....I respect if you just don't want to do a 2600 emu...that is your choice. But to say it's baecause there is one and then make a new emu for an exsisting emu and in it's messages tell yet another person that there is one for thier request already...just seems silly...

My objective is not to port all existing emulators to PSP, but the one i like, and that doesn't already exist on 2.5 or 2.6FW.

Once again, this is at your time and effort so I respect your decision not to do an emu...but just say no your not interested...or maybe later or something...just don't contradict yourself...you forget that when someone asks for an exsisting emulator from another coder...the original tends to be incomplete to the point of rendering it a needless release and in the case of the 2600 at least...seems 2 releases then abandoned.

It means probably that this port is not as easy as it seems to be ...

BTW, playing the 5200 games....great job on that!!!
but since it was extremely rare in my parts..not as much nostalgia....even your awsome intellivision was barely found when I grew up ...we all had atari 2600's (the only intellivision I ever played was at the neighbors she had the only one...everyone else for blocks had 2600's)...is that marketing or what!! :D

I've ported intellivision because i've played it when i was a child, and there were an existing opensource emulator working under linux (i don't port M$ windows stuff) ... that's all ... :D

Poem58
June 22nd, 2006, 01:23
The 2600 has been ported so many times even a pocket PC at 200Mhz can handle it so I doubt, seeing what you and other have accomplished, that it is too hard...and just because someone has made it run some roms doesn't make it good enough...You mentioned not having keyboard support making the emu useless...not having the video,sound,paddles and even roms work seems about as bad to me....Remember I was not intending to criticize you just was confused by you telling me it was not important to work on the 2600 right now because there was an emu for it. To be honest I have never heard of an Amistrad CPC..I'm guessing it's a european machine? as I am from the US...However I have never heard of someone NOT knowing what the Atari 2600 was. SO i was just trying to understand the priority system. I do understand you did things like the intellivision due to nostaliga and thats why I am so depressed that you can play Neo Geo,SNES,GENESIS Etc...and no one can get the 2600 working right..they can do it on GP2x,Pocket PC, even my Dreamcast (when I still had one) could do it....It's not that you have to be the one to do it either...I am just upset that the grandaddy of all home games...well no one seems to care and this is the first real handheld that should be able to make the portable Atari Experience great....
Didn't mean to call you contradictory...but your release did seem that way to me...cause the 2600 can load games but most don't work well (no control response) many video glitches, poor inaccurate sound, no paddle support..etc......I am just depressed....The PSP seems like it is the only homebrew machine that doesn't have a working 2600 emu for it.

I do however enjoy your intellivision and 5200 emu's and I'm sure the CPC thing will make many happy as well so thanks for at least keeping some of the old systems emu'ed for all us old machine nostalgia people...2600 will come along sometime, someday...I just hope I don't say say F it and upgrade before then....:D

Thanks again and sorry for bitching so much....

beastie
June 22nd, 2006, 01:49
I no there's already an Amiga emulator but it doesnt run many games and it runs crap , an update would do , i would love to play an Amiga emulator at full speed.

zx-81
June 22nd, 2006, 09:42
@Poem: I will have a look to the source code of an 2600 Emulator (Stella ?) ... but i don't promise anything ;).

Poem58
June 22nd, 2006, 18:21
@Poem: I will have a look to the source code of an 2600 Emulator (Stella ?) ... but i don't promise anything ;).

Hey only if it's what you want to do...I don't pay you so You don't HAVE to...But I would probably cream my shorts if a good Stella Port came along! But really if it's too much..I was just venting....It needs to be done..by someone who has time and wants to make it as perfect as possible....If Thats you I really appreciate it...but don't let one guys whining take you away from more important projects....I see I stand alone in these posts as someone whining for 2600...But If I got a really good emu out of it....I would have to ask for donation contact information...I may not be able to afford my surgery but I would pay for this emu!

zx-81
June 22nd, 2006, 20:14
@Poem:

Nobody here (i think ? i hope ? lol) will ask for money to port an emulator :).

I haven't try the existing port of the Atari 2600 emulator (Stella PSP) but it seems to have many features (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/stellapsp.shtml) and if i port stella on my side, i will encounter the same difficulties /limitations as Aenea ... ;)

Poem58
June 22nd, 2006, 20:41
@Poem:

Nobody here (i think ? i hope ? lol) will ask for money to port an emulator :).

I haven't try the existing port of the Atari 2600 emulator (Stella PSP) but it seems to have many features (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/stellapsp.shtml) and if i port stella on my side, i will encounter the same difficulties /limitations as Aenea ... ;)

Which would mean no one can make the 2600 work on the PSP.....and it's be nice if those listed features actually were there....there is definatly no paddle support none whatsoever....some games have no controls at all even when they are joystick...alot have unplayable graphics all have incorrect sound....
I guess I'll have to buy a Gp2x someday.....apparently it can do the job...

Thanks anyway.....

zx-81
June 22nd, 2006, 21:02
Which would mean no one can make the 2600 work on the PSP.....and it's be nice if those listed features actually were there....there is definatly no paddle support none whatsoever....some games have no controls at all even when they are joystick...alot have unplayable graphics all have incorrect sound....
I guess I'll have to buy a Gp2x someday.....apparently it can do the job...

Thanks anyway.....

Do you know which emu has been ported to gp2x ? If we port the same emu, we will have the same good emu running on PSP :)

Poem58
June 23rd, 2006, 05:54
Do you know which emu has been ported to gp2x ? If we port the same emu, we will have the same good emu running on PSP :)

Yeah..it's Stella...here's it's link...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22574

Don't have a GP2X so I can't verify that this release is all that...but it sounds like they even got the audio working properly...so one can hope.....

zx-81
June 23rd, 2006, 09:06
i'm working on other emulator port now, but when i will have finished it, i can focus on this one ;) ...

zx-81
June 23rd, 2006, 23:24
After checkout the source code, i saw that David Voswinekl is already working on it ... so ... be patient lol.

Poem58
June 25th, 2006, 07:01
After checkout the source code, i saw that David Voswinekl is already working on it ... so ... be patient lol.

Awsome sweet thank you for making my day..I am patient and can wait....I just want to see this happen...I guess 20 years can't make you stop loving something so what's a little while longer!

Thanks so much for researching it for me...you are the man!