PDA

View Full Version : No mic in Wiimote

fackue
June 21st, 2006, 21:37
Both Shigeru Miyamoto and Satoru Iwata have confirmed the wiimote will have no microphone due to the costs involved. There is talk of a headset however.

This means that previous rumors about the Wiimote acting as a VOIP phone are false.

BlueCrab
June 22nd, 2006, 00:33
@stotheamuel
Please, don't say things only to incite flames. If you don't want a Wii, or you don't like Nintendo, I don't see any reason for you to come in here, and say anything like that. I don't really enjoy cleaning up topics....

And, back on topic.... I can't say I see too much use for the mic being in the remote. I'd personally much rather it be a headset than in the remote itself....

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2006, 01:36
Im actually not terribly disapointed. I dont know about you guys, but the mic games in Mario Party for the gc were the most unenjoyable in my book. I think the idea that nintendo would put out some type of VoIP service was cool, but i dont find it that odd that they arnt concidering it. Im with bluecrab, a wireless headset is much more practicle anyway.

and happy birthday fackue :)

Adrenalin
June 22nd, 2006, 08:26
Nintendo has gone the right way with this one... personally i thought a mic in the controller wouldn't be very appropriate... and i was pretty sure from the start that this wouldn't be included.

If u think about it, a mic is only really useful in select situations, and u wouldn't put something that wouldn't be used in most games in a controller (especially with the extra cost)

With the overwhelming potential the peripheral port supplies, if some 3rd party really wanted a game involving a mic, they can create a mic addon easily enough without wasting nintendo's money.
(This has a good chance of happening if u ask me)

BlueCrab
June 23rd, 2006, 04:03
With the overwhelming potential the peripheral port supplies, if some 3rd party really wanted a game involving a mic, they can create a mic addon easily enough without wasting nintendo's money.
(This has a good chance of happening if u ask me)I'm sure that there'll be some MMORPG that will have a headset come with it, or be an optional accessory. Especially if Nintendo's online service is any good.

Video_freak
June 23rd, 2006, 19:01
a headset could be much better. imagine yourself talking into the remote at the same tme your trying to swing it, major headaches lol :p

BALL_SAC
June 24th, 2006, 01:58
There will have to be an alternate solution... Nintendogs will have to make an apperance on the WII, so mabley certain games (like that newest mario party game) will be bundled up with a head set of some type.