PDA

View Full Version : Undiluted Platinum Flasher App Released

wraggster
June 22nd, 2006, 04:15
The team behind the PSP Modchip Undiluted Platinum have released a Flasher App for their upcoming Modchip Release.

Those on anything below a Win2000 PC Will have to update to even have a looksy at the software.

Ive Uploaded it for you to have a look at even though at the moment its pretty much useless, but it may be interesting to hackers etc.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Preorder the PSP Modchip at Modchipstore.com (http://affiliates.modchipstore.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=892)

pepegomez
June 22nd, 2006, 06:03
looks very serious. and im glad to see that this stuff wont be fake at all! great but where did u get this from?
secret sources?

mameuser
June 22nd, 2006, 06:17
Hope a full-review soon

Sterist
June 22nd, 2006, 07:01
so this can flash the original flash chip?

Wally
June 22nd, 2006, 10:44
I hope an app has been released for mac

Accordion
June 22nd, 2006, 16:47
if there is no mac release ill cry

jordanblack68
June 22nd, 2006, 17:35
:d

pkmaximum
June 22nd, 2006, 17:40
Hmmm.. I wonder if this would be a good app. to extract the firmware contents of higher firmwares. And in that case then we can have firmware 2.71 emulation. That would be great. Then we could play all UMD's on firmware 1.5 with full wifi support :)

Accordion
June 22nd, 2006, 19:18
i posted about this in the u.p. thread
as far as i know the files cant be hosted legally, which is a real shame

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2006, 19:21
i posted about this in the u.p. thread
as far as i know the files cant be hosted legally, which is a real shame

what cant be hosted?

Accordion
June 22nd, 2006, 19:27
as far as i know we cant distribute the decrypted update firmware files required for full firmware emulation.

though i hope im wrong
so if this site could please inform me
it would be a huge breakthrough in 1.00/1.50 homebrew.
i could start buying umds again(sales will rocket) and i wont need a chip

V3N0M
June 22nd, 2006, 23:38
Well if this site doesn't host it then maby another site will. And yes UMD's would sky rocket because we could have homebrew and UMD's(Updated ones) Altho without the modchip you wouldn't be able to have both firmwares unless of course homebrew is fully 100% running on 2.7 and above. Hopefully that will be the case. One way or another we will all have the best of both worlds at least those of us who have been patient lol.

Accordion
June 23rd, 2006, 10:16
well it would be possible for all 1.0/1.5 users to not need the chip, leaving that as an option for 2.01+

by the way I bought the uk SOCOM fire team bravo UMD which requires 2.6
it worked with devhook, online works, but i need to wait for a pin number for my account or something

acn010
June 25th, 2006, 07:45
mac version?

StealthCP
June 26th, 2006, 15:13
Does everyone not realize that this is why the Epsilon BIOS requires 2 flash modules? They are not distributing the cracked 2.71 firmware, they are breaking the encryption each time you boot up. One flash module loads (the modchip) which then loads modules from the other flash module (2.71 original module) and thus they are not distributing anything illegal. 2.71 stays intact, whilst their wee BIOS does all the hard work by hooking the loading of 2.71 firmware. pm me if you don't understand.

accordian boy, 1.5/1.0 users would not require it... but if they want the features of 2.71+ firmware then the modchip is required if they strive to keep their homebrew. I will be buying a modchip anyway, and I have 1.5; I want it for the features it brings. And also to show off to passers by. :D

Accordion
June 26th, 2006, 15:40
what i was sayimg is 1.50/1.0 users will not need the
U.P chip because someone using it will be able to have direct access to the firmware files, and someone will disribute them.
then we can use the files in a firmware emulator such as devhook, they will be hosted everywhere, whatever the legality,

its only a matter of time before sony start signing the firmware to each psp and locking us out again though