PDA

View Full Version : So Who is going to Win the World Cup 2006

wraggster
June 22nd, 2006, 06:10
Still got 6 days of my 2 week holiday then the news will come thick and fast as usual, ive been trying to post a few news items but its great when others submit or post for me ;)

Anyway the first round of the world cup is nearly over and already we can see that Germany, Spain, Brazil, England, Sweden, Portugal, Argentina and Holland are through with some yet to be decided in reality all those names were pretty much favourites to go through already.

Germany, Spain and Argentina looking the most impressive so far but in a knockout situation anything can happen. England (My Country) never ever do things easy but with the likes of Rooney back they will get better and of course you can never count Brazil out, but who do you think will win the World Cup 2006.?

Even with Owen out i think England can do it, Rooney scares defenders anywhere near the box and Crouch in the air scares them too, one worry for me is the defence looking ropy but i gotta go with my own country.

Lets hear your views :)

Normal service will resume after this newspost ;)

migsgiz
June 22nd, 2006, 06:15
England all the way baby

luis_05
June 22nd, 2006, 06:22
Brazil!!! everyone always talks smack about them, but everyone trembles when they play brazil!!!

repuken2
June 22nd, 2006, 06:50
Argentina por supuesto...

indeed :cool:

dtothabreezy
June 22nd, 2006, 07:12
usa or have they already lost didnt watch oo thats why we lose so much:D

9tailedfox
June 22nd, 2006, 07:18
Me being German and living here in Germany (Stuttgart) i have to say GERMANY....we will win no matter what!!!!!! GERMANY BABY

....its great beeing here while there is a world cup going on!

Narlakor
June 22nd, 2006, 07:24
Australia! Go the underdog!

Sir Fritz
June 22nd, 2006, 07:52
The Netherlands!!

cause i'm dutch, i had to say that, although i don't really believe it......:p

Seal Santana
June 22nd, 2006, 08:19
Portugal......:)

crazyjohn
June 22nd, 2006, 08:47
Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

:D

zrns
June 22nd, 2006, 09:08
id like to see argentina vs germany in the final game. this would definitely be the most interesting confrontation.
besides: imo argentina will win the cup. its the most offensive team with a stable defense, tactically very versatile, and they are keeping up the pressure towards the enemies goal all over the game

but if i'm asked who i'd like to see to win the cup,
i go for germany. the imagination of winning the cup in our own country just awoke the little (very little though) patriot inside me. that would be awesome!

Top1
June 22nd, 2006, 09:13
ah no way guys...
9tailedfox is right.

Germany `06´
such a greate ambience in germany.
the vibes you can feel every game germany plays.
party all over the place, all together, all happy...

its not about `we have the best players`
we have the teamspirit "teamgeist"

we are strong, we are all together

an we will WIN

GERMANY IS GOING TO WIN THE WM`06´

samthegreat68
June 22nd, 2006, 09:16
USA all the way!
everyday!
thats what I say!

Adrenalin
June 22nd, 2006, 09:30
Australia! Go the underdog!

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Aussie Power ^^
we deserve it the most

i'm praying that Croatia will be beaten in tonights game

samendore
June 22nd, 2006, 10:03
You forgot France

BlackJack23
June 22nd, 2006, 10:10
No offence if anyone is French here but they are playing terribly. I mean drawing with Korea...Come on guys. Anyway I put real money on Spain and Ecuador(who no one thought had a chance but have made it through)
My own country( South Africa) didn't even MAKE it into the world cup. They've gone through about 11 coaches in the past 5 years and to say they are a shocking side would be a serious understatement.

Anyway, I'm supporting Spain all the way!:)

SmashinGit
June 22nd, 2006, 10:22
I would love to see an England vs Germany final, that would be so good. :) In reality though I think England will do well just getting to the quarter finals. Who's going to win it, Germany, Brazil, Argentina or Spain. Would like to see Spain win as all the others have won the competion before.

EllandRoad Dave
June 22nd, 2006, 10:57
id like to see argentina vs germany in the final game. this would definitely be the most interesting confrontation.
besides: imo argentina will win the cup. its the most offensive team with a stable defense, tactically very versatile, and they are keeping up the pressure towards the enemies goal all over the game

but if i'm asked who i'd like to see to win the cup,
i go for germany. the imagination of winning the cup in our own country just awoke the little (very little though) patriot inside me. that would be awesome!

Argentina and Germany will meet in the Quarter Finals, should both win their 2nd Round game, so they won't be contesting the final.

MonTANa90
June 22nd, 2006, 11:02
england all the way

Tetsuo
June 22nd, 2006, 11:27
The netherlands!!!!

lumo
June 22nd, 2006, 11:35
Im english, so im gonna go with england. they have the team to do it but what with svens stupid strategies and the fact that the team never work together properly, i have doubts. So england for the cup if they dont screw it up like normal, if not its gotta be argentina after that performance against serbia

bugo
June 22nd, 2006, 12:02
Brasillllllllll!

gronne
June 22nd, 2006, 12:19
Hello? What asbout Sweden? We got 2-2 against England and the 38 year old curse is still on for England!!! We play well, eventhough only one of our superplayers have played well, Fredrik Ljungberg. Zlatan is very much out of touch, and so is Henrik Larsson, yet we play great football. But when they wake up, we're going to be a nightmare for every team, and the next on our slaying crusade is Germany. Let's kick some nazi balls!

wilbur
June 22nd, 2006, 12:22
Well, after seeing Argentina's performance i was worried, but after last nights game against Holland i was less so.

Brasil can always go up gears at a snip which is a worry, and if players like Ronaldinho and Kaka start having good days and are feeling creative, we should be in for a rough ride.

However, Joe Cole is looking really dangerous at the moment and you can see Rooney getting depserate to perform well. I'm not too fussed about MO's departure as i think we have a really strong team up front with Crouch's Reach and Rooney's/Coles Drive.

Defense is another matter tho. if we let simple scrappy shots in like in the last minutes of the sweden game we're not gonna get too far at all. we gotta keep pushing for more goals after our first to stand in good stead.

Loving the World Cup this year. REally great. I'll just be happy if we beat Germany 5:0 ha ha

benn
June 22nd, 2006, 12:43
crouch is a twat. plays for a twat team too - LFC :P
need more gerrard though.
joe cole is coming into his own. sweden had no answer for him - apart from a few hacks!
lampard needs to start scoring.
what about Theo the wunderkid - load of bollox. pointless taking him. unless he suddenyl comes on and scores a 'trick. ARSEnal/ Dein corruption.
Owen going home is no prob as he has done feck all so far anyway.
beckham needs to learn how to defend. some good balls in so far.

overall i have not seen anyone in the tournament who made me think - shit they will win it.
all favourites are doing the important thing. playing OK but winning their group.

my opinion.
spain - good but out in semis.
Germany - maybe, just maybe... but no.
argentina - if they can play like the first two games, yes. but i think they will need some luck. and i hope they lose so i can watch maradonna the junkie waste of talent cry!
portugal - get real. but i wanna see ManUre Ronaldo cry again like Euros haha.
Brazil - you can never count them out. the fact they have played pretty shit overall and romped group says it all.
any one i forgot? oh yes, England...
i want England to win. before th etournament i believed we could. the new balls are a sign. beckham 'goldenballs' playing the final with a golden ball, which we then get to keep and watch him placing thsat down for th efirst wembly game [sob] it is almost to perfect.
i think we will win the world cup. and whats more we will do it on a penalty shoot out!!!!!! now you know i need to lay off the beer!!!! :)

Amiga
June 22nd, 2006, 12:46
ENGLAND!!!!!!!

If we can play good in both halfs and sort out out defense of set peices

my secound choice is Australia :)

Amiga
June 22nd, 2006, 12:49
ps no penalty shoot outs or i will die from a heart attack :(

wilbur
June 22nd, 2006, 12:52
this is well random and nowt to do with footy, but can anyone tell me how to put my own avatar into my profile? i can't work out how to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated. ta

Mazza
June 22nd, 2006, 12:57
Well I'd like to say England been that I'm English but I think the final will be Argentina vs Brazil and Argentina might just win it.

I reckon England will get to the semis before been knocked out by brazil.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 22nd, 2006, 13:02
Im Enlish but certainly not England the way they have played has been a disgrace we have a local girls team that could play better.come on brazil make it 6 stars :)

infernomax
June 22nd, 2006, 13:28
GO AUSTRALIA!! who else is Stayin Up tll 4:30?

gotmilk0112
June 22nd, 2006, 13:28
i think i will win :D

deedark
June 22nd, 2006, 13:38
As a brazillian, I go for Brazil, even though they haven't got a good game yet in this Cup. Afterall, last Cup everybody said Brazil would go nowhere, and we got our 5th championship... :p

I do only hope no one set up any game in this Cup, as France'98 final was... The proof being the pifious games France did after that, and the 8 years without winning on a Cup :D

Now, disregarding my hopes and personal fantasies, I expect Germany to at least reach the finals, if not to win this Cup. Argentina's group was pretty weak, so I expect it going so far as the quarterfinals, the same going to England. It is about time to Neerland or Sweden to win a Cup, so I hope to see one of them at least in semifinals. Portugal came with some favoritism, and their coach, Luis Felipe Scollari, coached Brazil in 2002, so I expect them goint at least to semifinals, if not to the finals.

I guess the aussies will fall in front of Croatia, as I expect Croatia to reach the quarterfinals, at least. I guess Corea will fall at next phase, as I guess the next France game to be the last one from Zidane's career. Spain is playing very well, so I guess they will go far in this cup, but a championship would be surprizing to me. Italy and Brazil are in even ground, except that Brazil has far more "superplayers" - this coud turn in favor or against my team, let's wait and see.

takayuki-kun
June 22nd, 2006, 13:50
I'm from Italy,obviously I hope Italy will win the world cup,but this year it is pretty hard :/
Anyway the teams that I bet will arrive to finals matches are: Argentina,Spain,Germany and Brasil ...even Italy and England can do it anyway :D
....Portugal it's not that bad too!

Keitaro
June 22nd, 2006, 15:01
Even though I'm Mexican, I'm rooting for Brazil!

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 15:22
Even though I'm Mexican, I'm rooting for Brazil!
sale out:mad:

nexus68
June 22nd, 2006, 15:23
As a brazillian, I go for Brazil,
I do only hope no one set up any game in this Cup, as France'98 final was... The proof being the pifious games France did after that, and the 8 years without winning on a Cup :D

Hum, in 2000 france win the european cup :rolleyes:
But i agreed since french team playing bad, there are no spirit. But against Korea the score should be 2 / 1 for france. The choice of the boss in 2002 or 2006 is ridiculous, prefer Domenech to Arsen Venger :eek:
But I prefer the team of France with Platini, 1982 and 1986. Quarterfinal of anthology against Brazil in Guadalajara, qualified by Pelé “match of the century”. Semi-final with the Germans and the attack of Schumarer On Batiston :D

For 2006 i see:
Argentina
Brazil
Germany

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 15:23
USA ,USA ,USA ,USA ,USA ,USA ,USA ,USA ,USA ,USA

Iknow its just wishfull thinking.

Cloud_35
June 22nd, 2006, 15:25
Though my dream is seeing Mexico lifting the coup, I think England has good possibilities:).

grit
June 22nd, 2006, 15:33
England all the way baby

Yeahh.. Yeahh.. :rolleyes:
Don't forget that you people may invented Football
but you will always need a Portuguese Master to tell you how to play it..

Does "José Mourinho" rings a bell?!:D
Does "Cristiano Ronaldo" rings another one? :)

Portugal!

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2006, 15:46
I dont think Ukraine will win, but i see them being a pain in the ass for other teams. after their upsetting loss to Spain they came together and got their games back. As soon as they beat Tenisia... plus everyone likes Shevchenko :)

Mazza
June 22nd, 2006, 15:47
to Grit:

Nah you just need a Russian Billionaire to invest money in the club :D

grit
June 22nd, 2006, 15:56
to Grit:

Nah you just need a Russian Billionaire to invest money in the club :D

LOL! :D That's true. But you need a Portuguese to tell you how to spend that money! :D (kiding) :p

acn010
June 22nd, 2006, 17:33
what about Ecuador?
what about Mexico?
what about Spain?
they had passed the first round....
as you all people can see, the world cup is not over yet, this is just the beggining of the game.
muahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the second round is gonna be even more interesting.
U.S.A. no offense, but there playing now and their losing against Ghana, and Ghana is their first world cup. Pity...............

aries2k4
June 22nd, 2006, 18:08
The big underdog. Portugal, baby
and someday Mourinho will train the team

bsides
June 22nd, 2006, 18:10
I'm sorry guys... Brasil is the best. Well, we can count by the stars, shall we? Which has 3 stars? Brasil, England, Germany and Italy... I think... 4 stars? Well, only Brasil. 5 stars? Oh my god, just Brasil. 6 stars? Yes, Brasil again. Well, at least if it wins!!! Hahahaha!!!

Just kidding guys, I'm brazilian and the country stop to see the game. And I'm not small talking, there's not even taxis on the street. I work at a north american multinational, but even so, we don't work.

So, we are running for the 6 stars... just wait and see, we never play well at the begging, but well, we manage to win ;)

Good luck to all!!!

PS - Brasil with "S"... yes, it's this way in portuguese. Until now I wonder why the Z, but go figure!

PS2 - Brasil X Portugal at the finals would be GREEEEAT. Brasil 6 x 2 Portugal!!! Hahahaha

acn010
June 22nd, 2006, 18:19
and USA lost

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2006, 18:23
I'm all for underdogs like Portugal... but i hope spain gets their asses handed to them in round 2.

As for argentina... I HOPE THEY ALL GET ****ING HIT BY A BUS! Ivory Coast was knocked out in the first gound, though they did a great job. But God damn thoes Argentina players are dirty. THE SINGLE GREATEST MOMENT IN THE WORLD CUP was when Drogba through the ball as hard as he could at the Argentina keeper.. he got booked for it but it was worth it. :)

http://www.gulfnews.com/indepth/worldcup2006/players/10046310.html

hujiko
June 22nd, 2006, 18:39
i wanted Czech republic to win but they lost to day to italy :mad:

r2works
June 22nd, 2006, 19:05
Spain vs Germany

as i am spanish and german

FullGore
June 22nd, 2006, 19:23
Although I'm portuguese, I wish Japan could pass the group, but it's near impossible. I m currently cheering for them and for Argentina, as I both hate Portugal (due to the current coach and chosen players) and Brasil for they "we already won wc06" attitude.

Cheers guys

nigelrigel
June 22nd, 2006, 19:33
Its Got To Be Brazil!!!!!!!!

kyler24x
June 22nd, 2006, 19:57
Portugal

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 19:57
Itaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaliaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

kaneco
June 22nd, 2006, 20:02
Argentina!!!

Öhr
June 22nd, 2006, 20:05
i hope germany loses...

by the way: which countries takes part on the WC?

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2006, 20:17
i hope germany loses...

by the way: which countries takes part on the WC?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/specials/world_cup/2006/teams/

roggerdavid
June 22nd, 2006, 20:59
Ecuador !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

acn010
June 22nd, 2006, 21:07
Ecuador !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

WWWWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
VIVA ECUADOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i cheer for Ecuador, Brazil, Mexico, U.K, Argentina.
LETS GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he he Brazil are playing now against Japan.
no chance that the japanese team will win this game, no no no chance at all XD

acn010
June 22nd, 2006, 21:09
is everybody watching the Brazil vs. Japan game right now?

johnston829x
June 22nd, 2006, 21:29
i want Englad to win!!
i should be wanting USA to win but i like England better(USA is out anyway)

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 21:35
JAPAN 1 - 0 BRAZIL

hehehe

acn010
June 22nd, 2006, 21:38
JAPAN 1 - 0 BRAZIL

hehehe
amazing, right?
that shot was unexpected:eek:

takayuki-kun
June 22nd, 2006, 21:56
JAPAN 1 - 1 BRAZIL :(
Go Japan!

Shiaoran
June 22nd, 2006, 22:16
If they don't SELL any game, Brazil.
PS: I'm brasilian, but I cheer for England. The english don't fake not being in condition to give 100% in a game, they at least try to give 110%. Another thing that I like is that they keep passing the ball, they almost don't run.
I don't ever cheer for Brazil, only if I don't like the other team... Today I'm cheering for Japan... But they're being ownd. :P

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 22:17
JAPAN 1 - 3 BRAZIL

*puuuh*

beetroot bertie
June 22nd, 2006, 22:37
I reckon the Argies look best bet so far.

Loyalties lie with England even though I'm not convinced with their current performance.

bsides
June 22nd, 2006, 22:46
Brasil 4 x 1 Japan

Oh my god, they tried... hahahahaha!!!!

bsides
June 22nd, 2006, 22:49

Like finals Brasil x France in the France's World Cup? Yeah, that didnt count as a win... France has so much to learn, buying is just a loser option.

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 22:54
australia made it also! (2:2 against croatia)

MaD Ed
June 22nd, 2006, 23:01
Portugal Nos Somos A Tua Fé!!!

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:02
JAPAN 1 - 0 BRAZIL

hehehe
Brazil 4 - Japan 1
that was been mersiful

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 23:06
i still put my money on italia. lets see how fat boy ronaldo and his magician combo can play on a really good defense later in this tournament!

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:09
PS: I'm brasilian, but I cheer for England. The english don't fake not being in condition to give 100% in a game, they at least try to give 110%. Another thing that I like is that they keep passing the ball, they almost don't run.
I don't ever cheer for Brazil, only if I don't like the other team... Today I'm cheering for Japan... But they're being ownd. :P

Sorry dude but this has to be sayd. Your a brazilian saying brazil is not good. Witch leads me to beleave you have eather never played the sport , dont understand the sport or are just darn ignorent.

Soccer 101
Brazil most world cup championships in the hystorie of the game.
best overall players in the game past present and future.
When you try to critisise Ronaldo #9 do this today 2 goals tied most in world cup hystorie witch he will break this year.
Mvp of last world cup.
Premier league mvp and so on
bottom line you should be proud of your heritage.
its a great one and not one to be achamed of.:mad:

Shiaoran
June 22nd, 2006, 23:09
Like finals Brasil x France in the France's World Cup? Yeah, that didnt count as a win... France has so much to learn, buying is just a loser option.

Exactly.
But that final wasn't the only one, it was just something that everyone knew that wasn't right.
In national games here in Brazil, they make it not look like a sold game, they don't buy the team to play bad, they buy the judge :P
I'm not into soccer, but I know some stuff, and I agree that a judge that put his hand in a game's result diserve to be banned from sports and jail, just like it happens around here.

Ronaldo isn't that fat, but I agree that weight can be an obstacle in sports(exclude sumo). Parreira should be extra careful when Ronaldo is playing.

Hey, excuse me, I don't like my country :P
1- way high taxes(you need to pay because you have a house, you have to pay because you have a car, you have to pay because of the payment you DON'T recieve[my mom owns a language school, she's the diretor, she have to pay a tax for recieving a director's salary when she actually gets nothing]...)
2- corruption
3- you can't import various stuff
4- people here make everyone think that brazilians only like soccer and samba. DAMN! I HATE BOTH! :mad: I play jai alay and listen to 8-bit rock...
5,6,7... I'm not gonna be here all day :P
But I understand that Brazil is the only country that have won the World Cup 5 times.

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:12
i still put my money on italia. lets see how fat boy ronaldo and his magician combo can play on a really good defense later in this tournament!
Italy LAL the brazilians have made italy look like mi boys 10 and under soccer team.
if they meat brazil 4 italy 0
the italians wherent able to do eanything against 9 usa players thery dont stand a chanse agains brazil:D

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 23:18
we´ll see...

btw: italia did exactly what was enough to send usa back where they belong: home

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:26
we´ll see...

btw: italia did exactly what was enough to send usa back where they belong: home
LAL a supposed to be power nation got to cheap red cards to give them and advantage and still couldnt score agains usa because there not in it no more doesnt men ther a week team FIFA ranking 5 in the world and they still will be in the top ten after this world cups.
Remeber the usa did not tie with italy the refs did:D

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:29
I think people will agree with me when i say this are the top teams in this world cup
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Ecuador
Mexico
Germany

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 23:34
yes, yes, yes --- allways the refs --- common, then you also can say: italy vs. korea (2002) was a sold game to make korea stay in

fact 1: the fifa ranking is a ridicoulos piece of s***. it doesn´t mean anything.

fact 2: italy in, usa out

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 23:38
I think people will agree with me when i say this are the top teams in this world cup
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Ecuador
Mexico
Germany

i allways have spain and england on my bill (i will be disappointed, again.. and again :D )

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:40
yes, yes, yes --- allways the refs --- common, then you also can say: italy vs. korea (2002) was a sold game to make korea stay in

fact 1: the fifa ranking is a ridicoulos piece of s***. it doesn´t mean anything.

fact 2: italy in, usa out
I asumed from the words of someone who has never played the game and doesnt understands the rules.
Example italy usa game Beasly scores the go ahead goal but ref says no goal do to ubstruction.
Rule book says ubstruction is when a player perposly blcks the view of the keeper without making an atempt at rectifieng it.
Talk to me next week when italy is in its comengroun too.

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:42
i love spain im from spain im realistic though you have to look at the way they are capeble of playing. gold rule in afect staring this weekend so the bigger talented teams will win . I love beckam gut he cant do it him self

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 23:45
i see it now, usa out hurts too much. you need some rules and stupid examples to cure yourself. okay

maybe the us shoul invade italy and bring them some democracy to their football.

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:50
i see it now, usa out hurts too much. you need some rules and stupid examples to cure yourself. okay

maybe the us shoul invade italy and bring them some democracy to their football.
what invadeitaly Lets see if you want to talk like that two words power nation.
and what i sayd evry sport comentator has been saying its not realie from mi mouth. L8r

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:51

By the way im spanier i told you that already but im also realistic. Its hard to cover the world with one hand thats italys task goooooooooooooooooooooooood luck

kalo
June 22nd, 2006, 23:55
sorry, you don´t argue, you don´t realize facts" EOF

ACID
June 22nd, 2006, 23:58
I would not talked with out facts. They tought me that in 3rd grade. Eany ways you have isues because i never wished bad luck on Italy. Im always for a great game and if they up the tempo they can give evrybody that. I do love antipasto

kalo
June 23rd, 2006, 00:05
I would not talked with out facts. They tought me that in 3rd grade. Eany ways you have isues because i never wished bad luck on Italy. Im always for a great game and if they up the tempo they can give evrybody that. I do love antipasto

yes!

and last fact :D i´m from germany ( not german and not italian ) and i can´t stand it anymore: those carcorsos and noise anf f****** german flags everywhere you look: so i had to stay with the italians because if the german wins the cup they blow themselves up and start dreaming about ruling the world again!:rolleyes:

ps: girlfriend won two tickets for the final :p

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 00:07
LOL for ones we agree. That is the only team i dont want to win i rather have ghana win it all verses germany

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 00:11
two tickets now i have envy

Darksaviour69
June 23rd, 2006, 00:16
guys stop spamming the topic with your fighting

kalo
June 23rd, 2006, 00:17
two tickets now i have envy

envy? no, you shouldn´t, because it is a shame when you live in the country whrere the WC is and you can´t buy (afford) a ticket for a football game (thanx f***** blatter)

kalo
June 23rd, 2006, 00:18
guys stop spamming the topic with your fighting

no more fight and spamming now. sorry

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 00:23
I atended the usa world cup in 2002 But i wish i could go to europe

To see them play eany team i would have loved that.

samano_alex
June 23rd, 2006, 00:28
USA is Out!!Hahaha It is one of the worst Teams!
Im from Italia...Come on Mexico its your Cup!!

kalo
June 23rd, 2006, 00:36
if sweden throw out the germans no one here will ever buy again something at ikea, rotfl

they will burn all their abba cds

acn010
June 23rd, 2006, 00:36
ha ha, USA lost big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and Ghana is their first world cup and they won against USA,
Japan did their best, but i think brazil was playing around in the first half.

Narlakor
June 23rd, 2006, 01:25
Australia drew againt Croatia 2-2, which puts Australia through to the next round for the first time ever!!!

Australia will pull through, you'll see.

We play Italy next Tuesday, I havn't been following Italy's games, have they played half decently so far?

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 01:32
Australia drew againt Croatia 2-2, which puts Australia through to the next round for the first time ever!!!

Australia will pull through, you'll see.

We play Italy next Tuesday, I havn't been following Italy's games, have they played half decently so far?
Well to put it simple australia needs 10 ronaldino to beet italy

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 01:37
OH for people that are watching soccer for the first time ever and think usa is a week team remember this eany body can win thats why they plaay the game.
Further more if the usa was week they would not have beet Brazil 2-1 in the Gold cup and bee the comcafa champions. Thats the americas champion.

Second if they where week this would not bee fifa rankings
#1 Brazil
#2 Chek republic
#3 England
#4 Mexico
#5 USA

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 01:38
oh out of 369 nations.
Brazil will win it all mi last post on this topic

nexus68
June 23rd, 2006, 02:09
bullshit :rolleyes:

aries2k4
June 23rd, 2006, 02:16
Sure the US is week and italy is great.:rolleyes:
Funny though, italy couldn´t beat them:eek: :D ;)

Shiaoran
June 23rd, 2006, 03:09
Now, try putting Italy vs USA in a basepall game :P
I bet they don't even have baseball in Italy...
Here in Brazil we don't have many things, but I'm glad I could bring jai alai and street hockey to my sports club ^^

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2006, 03:10
USA is eliminated. They were not playing well. THEY PLAYED LIKE A WEAK TEAM regardless of their general skill level.

I really enjoyed the ausii game today.. never seen so much dirty play and such confusion... except i guess for your general argentina game...

Lord_Rob
June 23rd, 2006, 03:18
well..im american...and as of today USA was elimenated by guana..which SUCKs...i think brazil is gonna win it again

repuken2
June 23rd, 2006, 03:20
THE FINAL MATCH WILL BE

ARGENTINA Vs any other team

Carajo!!!

Adrenalin
June 23rd, 2006, 03:40
I really enjoyed the ausii game today.. never seen so much dirty play and such confusion... except i guess for your general argentina game...

the refs have been so biased against australia so far....

Croatia game was especially appalling...
-Viduka gets wrestled down in the goal box and nothings called?
-Emerten with an accidental handball gets a red card?
-A blatant handball in the box ignored (although another one wasn't)

-3 THREE YELLOW CARDS TO ONE PLAYER !!!!

at least Australias offside goal was allowed hehe ^^

Go Aussie... Italy will lose

Edit: I forgot to mention that the aussies trying to force the goalies ball over the line (like 2-3 guys falling on him) was hilarious

tophead420
June 23rd, 2006, 04:09
uhhhhhh i dont care who wins becuz im not in to team sports and uhhhh no ofense but wut does this have to do about a psp lol welll if i had to pic sumone though id say either the US [if there thier still n this thing] if not the US then our homies England lol : )

tophead420
June 23rd, 2006, 04:16
Sure the US is week and italy is great.:rolleyes:
Funny though, italy couldn´t beat them:eek: :D ;)

sorry for double posting i looked over this post im ouoting. well neway dood look at wut you said the US is weak lmfao if there weak then y couldnt italy beat them lol W8 i know y becuz italy is WEAK <<< yeah i said it WEAK

stlrams06
June 23rd, 2006, 04:39
Dude im from the U.S. and even though I would like our team or Mexico to win im gonna have to go with Brazil:(

You know there awesome!!!

The_Lead_Factor
June 23rd, 2006, 05:05
My bets on Portugal and Argentina in the finals :D

acn010
June 23rd, 2006, 06:07
uhhhhhh i dont care who wins becuz im not in to team sports and uhhhh no ofense but wut does this have to do about a psp lol welll if i had to pic sumone though id say either the US [if there thier still n this thing] if not the US then our homies England lol : )

so people can cheer for their team and decide whos gonna be the world champ?
lol :rolleyes:

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2006, 06:34
id like to say portugal, germany, brazil, the ****ers of argentina, england, and spain will be major contenders in the battle between the remaining 16... Id also love to see ukraine and ausiland do some damage.

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 07:12
the refs are messing this world cup for everyteam out there

jstush04
June 23rd, 2006, 15:53
I know for a fact that the US is going all the way!!!

acn010
June 23rd, 2006, 17:01
I know for a fact that the US is going all the way!!!

all the way home :(
i wanted to at least go to the second round

sroon
June 23rd, 2006, 17:30
GGGOOOOOAAALLL!!
But the foul wasnt true!

Cap'n 1time
June 23rd, 2006, 18:32
and Ukraine goes to the second round.

acn010
June 23rd, 2006, 18:51
GGGOOOOOAAALLL!!
But the foul wasnt true!
didnt saw the game, who won? :o

Video_freak
June 23rd, 2006, 19:03
we should really have a poll for this...:)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 24th, 2006, 09:24
Argentina
we are the champions, u are the losers!!!!

lemmiwinks
June 24th, 2006, 16:39
Germany ;)

greetings from Cologne

Lemmi

acn010
June 24th, 2006, 17:11
lets go germany!!!!!
germany 2 - 0 sweden

samthegreat68
June 24th, 2006, 22:39
MEXICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since USA is out, i gotta root for my boys to the south! right now we're tied with argentina 1-1. btw im not mexican, just a white gringo rooting for my brown boyz.

repuken2
June 25th, 2006, 01:20
Argentina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!ar gentina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!arge ntina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!argent ina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!argentin a!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!argentina! !!argentina!!!argentina!!!argentina!!!

The_Lead_Factor
June 25th, 2006, 03:29
10 bucks that Portugal shits on the dutch tommorow....

acn010
June 25th, 2006, 06:54
damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mexico lost!!!!!! THAT WAS LOAD OF BULLCACA!

oh well.
VAMOS ECUADOR!!!!!!!!

randygland
June 25th, 2006, 13:44
come on england,, playing ecuador today :) see england's best goals at my portfolio design studio: http://www.pooworldorder.hartserver.com/portfolio/portfolio.htm

wraggster
June 25th, 2006, 19:20
ENGLAND ARE THROUGH, NOW ITS EITHER PORTUGAL OR NETHERLANDS

i wasnt happy with being cheated by the referee when we played portugal at the last euro championship, tough game , not sure whos going to win

Germany and argentina looks good too- i see germany winning that

france and spain is mouthwatering as well - 1 big team is going out there

i wonder if the world cup wil throw a shock loss for a big team??

Gizmo356
June 25th, 2006, 19:39
ENGLAND ARE THROUGH, NOW ITS EITHER PORTUGAL OR NETHERLANDS

i wasnt happy with being cheated by the referee when we played portugal at the last euro championship, tough game , not sure whos going to win

Germany and argentina looks good too- i see germany winning that

france and spain is mouthwatering as well - 1 big team is going out there

i wonder if the world cup wil throw a shock loss for a big team??
lets go Netherland

aries2k4
June 25th, 2006, 23:01
Portugal 1-0 Netherlands
Loads of confusion this game. the ref was giving out yellows like hot cakes. both teams finished with 9 players.

Darksaviour69
June 25th, 2006, 23:11
4 sent off, 16 yellow cards, a fifa record.....
Cristiano Ronaldo injured, Deco and Costinha red carded and therefore can not play in the England game...odds are looking better for England

aries2k4
June 25th, 2006, 23:23
Wow, didn´t realize it was a fifa record. 16yellows, damn.

wraggster
June 26th, 2006, 01:58
yeah the loss of deco and ronaldo (hopefully hes injured :)) will be a blow to them

acn010
June 26th, 2006, 07:45
4 sent off, 16 yellow cards, a fifa record.....
Cristiano Ronaldo injured, Deco and Costinha red carded and therefore can not play in the England game...odds are looking better for England
i was really amazed by that referee giving yellow cards at every player of the game:eek:

benn
June 26th, 2006, 12:50
yeah cool no deco against us. had enough of him in CFC vs Barca. despite being talented the guy goes down WAY too easy. mind you that could be said of 99.999999% of ALL footballers (fairies) these days.
i have to say that i loved the last Euro when portugal got beat and Ronaldo started crying. and then last night he was at it again - lovely.
i just wish the dutch had equalised so the ref would have the time to send off a few more and dish out some more yellow. play the second string Portugal team. mind you based on last nights england game, we would still get turned over. that was the worst england game i have ever seen. Cole (A) done OK. Stevie G was average. everyone else was ****ing dog shit. Lamps has been crap all tourney!

infernomax
June 26th, 2006, 15:15
C'mon Aussies!!! Lets Own italy

ACID
June 26th, 2006, 15:27
Mi money is still on Brazil still haven't played there best game and yet there making there opponents look like amateurs.

benn
June 26th, 2006, 15:29
yeah man i want the aussies to beat the azzuri. i could cus so many ITI friends lol

kalo
June 26th, 2006, 18:54
ITAAAAALIAAAAA

worlds best defense! brillant!

benn
June 26th, 2006, 18:59
f**k off.
no way was that a penalty.
blatant corruption.
couldnt face going out to gus hiddink again! i reckon the ref was made an offer.
i mean they cant even win their own domestic league without the top 4 teams conspiring.
i dont even support oz but that blatant dive in the box was bullshit. you try that against England, if you make it and you watch what happens.

kalo
June 26th, 2006, 19:08
so what? the set off of materazzi was a joke.

benn
June 26th, 2006, 19:15
???? i just said you won the game through corruptin and cheating and your reply was
'so what?'
i think there is an issue there. any way no probs. i now have to hear the same from 10 other italians i know.
:(

kalo
June 26th, 2006, 19:22
corruption?

where? sure you have evidence...

why? 11 aussies had never a realistic chance to win the match against 10 italians. so they deserved this time little bit luck - four years ago they haven´t had this luck.

Narlakor
June 27th, 2006, 05:46
Well, all I can say is kudos to the Aussies for getting so far in the competition, especially after not even being in the competition for 32 years.

Unfortunately the better team lost on the day, but good on the italians for putting up a half decent fight.

acn010
June 27th, 2006, 22:00
Spain!
Lets Go!!

FullGore
June 28th, 2006, 01:45
Well, Spain got owned.
Damn! The teams I keep cheering are getting owned. Hmmmm! Maybe I should try cheering for Brasil and Portugal then :rolleyes:

acn010
June 28th, 2006, 01:51
Well, Spain got owned.
Damn! The teams I keep cheering are getting owned. Hmmmm! Maybe I should try cheering for Brasil and Portugal then :rolleyes:

lol yeah, me too
watch, if we cheer for brasil, their gonna get owned on the next game LMAO XD

nexus68
June 28th, 2006, 03:01
HA HA HA 3/1 allez les bleus.
beaten by old men, by by Spain :D
by by Aragones, you have the hello of thierry Henry :mad:

acn010
June 28th, 2006, 06:20
weird.........

ACID
June 28th, 2006, 06:27
Brazil unless corruption keeps occurring because you know Italy looks like there paying the refs off LOL

acn010
June 28th, 2006, 06:38
Brazil unless corruption keeps occurring because you know Italy looks like there paying the refs off LOL
do you think a mafia is in the plot?
lol

ACID
June 28th, 2006, 06:40
I think so those are the roomers i notice a lot of man in black suits in there last game LOL

acn010
June 28th, 2006, 07:02
lol, probably.

grit
July 1st, 2006, 19:59
Portugal!

Coff.. Coff..

sorry, couldn't resist.. :D

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 20:01
lol, portugal..........
BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bullhead
July 1st, 2006, 20:02
England Are Out!!!!!!!!! :p :d

kalo
July 1st, 2006, 20:02
well... italy, germany and portugal. and NO so (self)called favorites: argentina, england, ukraine LOL.

good old europe - france will complete...

ps: ITAAAAAAAAAAAAAALIAAAAA :D

Zion
July 1st, 2006, 20:06
Not England now anyway. Wayne Rooney and his annoying temper.

FullGore
July 1st, 2006, 20:48
Oh snap! I hope France wins against Brasil

SmashinGit
July 1st, 2006, 21:05
Ok, so England aint played well this world cup ,but when you've got some stinking cheating ref and also stinking cheating club team mate edging the ref on,it just aint right. Football these days is all about who can dive and act the best. Will never see the likes of the sixties, seventies and eighties again untill Fifa get rid of all the play acting thats going on, but considering its Fifa that brought in all these pansy rules i won't hold my breath.

benn
July 1st, 2006, 21:21
****in bollox. and feck all you other twats who aint backed england. we only out cos some cheatin feckn cun t of a ref - who choose an Argy to ref our game. feck it all. i cant be aresed, i am finished with all footbal from now on - it is LL CORRUPT !!! i aint watchin any more and i hope that the final ends ina bomb edxplosion. :D

beetroot bertie
July 1st, 2006, 21:50
Another world cup, another chance to see us crash out!

I thought our performance was pretty poor throughout all our games. We've scraped through but hardly looked like the team you'd expect after seeing the team on paper.

We certainly picked things up after Rooney got his red card, but we had our moments in the game and failed to make anything of them. I guess them's the breaks...

kalo
July 2nd, 2006, 00:13
Mi money is still on Brazil still haven't played there best game and yet there making there opponents look like amateurs.

perhaps 2010:D

ITALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bullhead
July 2nd, 2006, 01:14
BRAZIL ARE OUT!!!!! Damn it! Ah well, go France then... :(

DCDayDreamer
July 2nd, 2006, 01:51
Looks like another TV replay of the 1966 World Cup Final in four years time then...

So what went wrong?.

Beckham in '98 with that pathetic back flick of the leg (classic play acting from the cheating argentinians there though), the red card just spelled out the impending doom!.

Beckham in '02 when he whimped out of the challenge that gave the ball away for Brazil's equalizer (it had nothing to do with the freak goal that Seaman was blamed for).

Rooney in '06 for being the overpaid hothead (who's the dickhead that said he was another Pele?).

Oh well!, yet another Manchester United footballer costs England the world cup!.

If you play like crap, you've got to expect to get some crap hurled your way, but I'm sure when the wages go into the bank - none of the useless wankers will give a damn anyway, the fans are the only losers.

wraggster
July 2nd, 2006, 01:57
i didnt like the wink that ronaldo gave after rooney got sent off- wanker the portugueese deserved to be booked too in the rooney tackle

argie ref on an england match was a bad choice

bullhead
July 2nd, 2006, 01:58
Well said. Rooney just got too frustrated. He deserves all the crap he's going to recieve.

DCDayDreamer
July 2nd, 2006, 02:01
i didnt like the wink that ronaldo gave after rooney got sent off- wanker

Which football team does the smarmy shit Ronaldo play for again?

bullhead
July 2nd, 2006, 02:16
Manchester united I think. Sure he headbutted Rooney at the beginning of the match.

fafenstein
July 2nd, 2006, 11:50
VIVE LA FRANCE !!!!!!!!!! :p

FullGore
July 2nd, 2006, 13:36
Portugal vs France

This is gonna be awesome

bullhead
July 2nd, 2006, 13:47
When is it?

FullGore
July 2nd, 2006, 13:53
Wednesday if I'm not mistaken.

SiZiOUS
July 2nd, 2006, 14:52
Wednesday if I'm not mistaken.
That's right.

Força Portugal !!!!

beetroot bertie
July 2nd, 2006, 15:30
I wish they'd have given Theo a chance. It was daft hoping to rely on Rooney. There's no doubt he's talented. I hope he lamps Ronaldo when they get back to Manchester. That wink was terrible. A sad thing to see.

FullGore
July 2nd, 2006, 17:11
I wish they'd have given Theo a chance. It was daft hoping to rely on Rooney. There's no doubt he's talented. I hope he lamps Ronaldo when they get back to Manchester. That wink was terrible. A sad thing to see.

Well, I don't think Ronaldo IS the only player who takes advantages of such situations...:rolleyes:

SiZiOUS
July 2nd, 2006, 17:45
That wink was terrible. A sad thing to see.
Agree. :(

Don't know why Ronaldo did this sh*t. :(