PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Flash Selector v1.1 Released-for 2.7+ fw only

Nafogel
June 22nd, 2006, 19:34
For those of you who dont already know what this is, Flash Selector is a menu system which allows for easier selection of your flash games on your 2.7+ fw PSP. It already comes pre-packaged with several flash games to get you started:D . Again, this "app" if you will, is more of a concept, to help make homebrew come alive in the dark realm of 2.7+ fw:cool:

Whats new in v1.1:
-Hopefully this is the final version and hopefully someone with better html skills will take this idea and make it a little more usable
-Flash games included are ones better integrated for the PSP
-Moved games to a different folder to clean up the root of your memstick(save games to PSP/FLASH)
-Added labels for different sections in the HTML document to make it easier to use your own games(labeled by row and column so you know where the game will be on the menu)
-Added links to various flash game websites
-Edited the menu a bit and increased number of slots from 16 to 20
-slight modification to the background, lets see if you notice...
-a few minor changes

I include full instructions in the read me file on how to use this "app". I know its not an app, i simply call it that for lack of a better word. This is now my second release for the psp, and i have really enjoyed it. If you notice any glitches or anything that you think needs changing, or if you need a little extra help figuring it out, just let me know via comments.

Simplified Directions(for those who hate readme's:o ):
Extract all contents out of the zip folder and copy "menu" to the root of your memstick. Then copy the folder "FLASH" to the "PSP" directory of your memstick. Like "PSP\GAME" except "PSP\FLASH". This is where you will put your flash games. Have fun and hope you enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Nafogel
June 22nd, 2006, 19:46
a little something I forgot to mention is the main reason why i am so surprised at the attention the last release got: I dont even own a 2.7+ PSP! In fact, I own a 1.5! I wasn't even sure it would work properly, but apparently it did. With practically no way to test it except on my pc through Internet Explorer, I was practically flying blind on this project. Which leads me to a question. I really enjoyed making this "app", and I would love to start making actual programs for the PSP. Does anyone know where a good start would be. I am pretty familiar with basic, but nothing else. tnx for the help, and tnx for giving my work the attention it deserves.

syntaxtothe
June 23rd, 2006, 06:29
Good job mate I love it... it shed some light on my retarded 2.71 , cheers ^^

Davidov
June 23rd, 2006, 08:57
Nafogel, to get into 'real' programming for the PSP u'd be best learning C first. Preferably you'd need to have been working with C to make games for a while before jumping onto PSP C.
anyhoos got to http://www.psp-programming.com/ for a basic introduction with tutorials on PSP C coding.

On a topic note: I like this app for 2.7 its quite useful, so welldone

mr_nick666
June 23rd, 2006, 09:21
a little something I forgot to mention is the main reason why i am so surprised at the attention the last release got: I dont even own a 2.7+ PSP! In fact, I own a 1.5! I wasn't even sure it would work properly, but apparently it did. With practically no way to test it except on my pc through Internet Explorer, I was practically flying blind on this project. Which leads me to a question. I really enjoyed making this "app", and I would love to start making actual programs for the PSP. Does anyone know where a good start would be. I am pretty familiar with basic, but nothing else. tnx for the help, and tnx for giving my work the attention it deserves.

Good work fella! ;) Got a 1.5 myself but I know others with those inferior 2.7+ that have found this really usefull :D Now all youve gotta do is learn C then makes us some kick ass brews! :rolleyes:

crazedgamer
June 24th, 2006, 02:53
:D It worked great I have already put all my flash games in it. Thanks! Great Work!

colbyzacky
June 24th, 2006, 03:42
Can someone tell me where I can get some more Flash Games?:confused:

All of the ones on http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ are EBOOT.PBP.:(

I would use them but I don't want to downgrade my PSP?

Tron_Fan
June 24th, 2006, 06:39
The trick is not just finding Flash games, but Flash games that run well and also have the correct keys mapped for the PSP.

Here are some from this forum that run well:
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-flash-homebrew.php

This one called "Gridlocked" is also fun.
http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=1763619

I modified a Snake game to run on the PSP. Let me know via PM if you want it and I can e-mail it to you.

Also these links:
http://rcmoto.free.fr/classic.rar
http://rcmoto.free.fr/logic.rar
http://rcmoto.free.fr/sports.rar

Will get you about 150 flash games... some run well.. others don't, but should keep you busy for a while.

kmp2253
June 24th, 2006, 08:18
it says content cannot be displayed??? idk maybe i'm putting a folder in the wrong spot???

kmp2253
June 24th, 2006, 08:20
do you put the menu file in a folder in the root??? pl tell me!!!

kmp2253
June 24th, 2006, 08:24
k no wat me confuseded i put everything in the right place but it doesn't work

Tron_Fan
June 24th, 2006, 17:50
You have to have firmware 2.7 or higher. Then you have to turn on flash in Settings ---> System Settings ---> Enable Flash Player.

Put the .swf files on the root level of your memory stick (just makes it easier), launch the web browser and for the web address put in file:/game.swf where "game.swf" is the name of the file on your memory stick.

If you find a game you like, I suggest bookmarking it, that way you don't have to type in "file:/" etc etc etc every time you'd like to load a flash game.

Good luck.

Nafogel
June 24th, 2006, 20:09
k no wat me confuseded i put everything in the right place but it doesn't work
There are several things you need to do for this to work. First off, you need a 2.7+ PSP. Second, you need to make sure you have the right version of flash selector (some people have been downloading v1.0 and following the directions for v1.1 or vice versa). You cant do that, 1.0 loads games from root, while 1.1 loads games from PSP/FLASH/. In v1.1, extract the file "menu" directly onto the root of your memstick (no subfolders). Then extract the folder "FLASH" into the folder "PSP" on your memstick. (like PSP/GAME except PSP/FLASH). this folder is where you will put any flash games you wanna use, but you have to see the read me file in order to see how to use your own games. Now go to your PSP's browser and type in "file:/menu.htm". I recommend you bookmark this, as it is where you will access all your games from. This is as detailed as I will get. I give full instructions in the read me file on how to use Flash Selector. (If all else fails, read the directions:cool: )

I hope you enjoy it,
nafogel

kmp2253
June 25th, 2006, 02:06
still not working

kmp2253
June 25th, 2006, 02:11
i did everything right this time but it still says cannot show content and i have a 2.70 psp

Tron_Fan
June 25th, 2006, 03:44
Nafogel,

kmp2253 is right. I followed your instructions, put my .swf files in the FLASH directory under PSP and all that shows up is "Empty Slot". If you try and click anything it just says "content cannot be displayed."

I guess I assumed that it would automatically find my flash games. You say that there was a readme file, but I can't find it. I'm going to then assume again that tells you to edit the html code to your flash file names, right?

TheTruth345
June 25th, 2006, 05:05
It's not working for me either, just says content cannot be displayed

TheTruth345
June 25th, 2006, 05:17
Nevermind, i got it to work so thanks!!! :cool:

Nafogel
June 25th, 2006, 16:11
Nafogel,

kmp2253 is right. I followed your instructions, put my .swf files in the FLASH directory under PSP and all that shows up is "Empty Slot". If you try and click anything it just says "content cannot be displayed."

I guess I assumed that it would automatically find my flash games. You say that there was a readme file, but I can't find it. I'm going to then assume again that tells you to edit the html code to your flash file names, right?
The download should have included a read me file. When you download Flash Selector it should be a zip file entitled "F_SELECTORv1.1". Inside that zip file should be a folder with the exact same name. Inside that folder is: The read me file, the menu file, and a folder entitled "PSP". Inside the folder "PSP" there should be a folder entitled "FLASH". The menu file goes directly on the root of your memstick. The "FLASH" folder goes inside the "PSP" folder on your memstick. The read me file tells you how to use your own flash games. Yes, you do have to edit the html document, but i give very easy instructions on how to do it. If you still can't get it to work, I am sorry.

[SHaDY]
June 25th, 2006, 16:31
Yo Dudes...i Hope The 2.71 Brewz Come Quick!

opjgfsdkjfzhtngfc
June 26th, 2006, 04:19
Deleted*

kk38_92
July 1st, 2006, 03:10
where's the root?
whats a root?

adamespi
July 5th, 2006, 17:11
go ta flash game website and play a game

roy5
July 6th, 2006, 16:26
where do i go to acces my flash games?¿?

fishstixluv
July 10th, 2006, 18:42
u can get more flash games at funcop.net (find the game u want and right click on the link and "save target link as" and save the game to the root of ure psp) the root is where it says psp and mp.root. rename the game, instead of "pacman" name it "pac" make it short and sweet. then go to the web browser in ure psp and type "file:/*.swf" the * being name of the game duh. Enjoy.

superadamwo
July 11th, 2006, 19:32
If this is the last update you want to do, I could maybe release a huge pack of like 50 flash games all added to this menu, complete with a background song. I'll also make the bg picture not fixed, so it doesn't follow you when you scroll down which is fairly creepy ^^

bobbyl0bby
July 19th, 2006, 16:14
Great job! I need more games!

EnglishStan
July 20th, 2006, 12:58
doesn't seem to work for me

Striker10
July 20th, 2006, 13:25
It works for me. Something nice. If you can't get it working what I did was follow the persons instructions.

1- Put your psp into usb mode. When the new drive appears in my computer jump for joy!.
2- If you explore the new drive you'll see MP_ROOT and PSP. Put the menu. htm file from the downloaded winrar on the new drive OUTSIDE of both folders. So you have the two folders and the new menu.htm outside.
3) Click on psp (You know you want to)..
4) Copy the flash dir from the Winrar file you downloaded into the psp directory on the new drive on your computer.
5) Disconnect usb. Go to web browser. Type in file:/menu.htm and it'll load up the HTM file which you put outside the MP_ROOT and PSP folder in stage 1.
6) To add new files, like's been said, right click on menu.htm. 'Open with' then click on notepad and the rest is easy.

Great program thanks. My one frustration was there's a prog called boobs. :-). Anyway I put it on
my psp (research..) and ****ing thing ran out of memory just when she's about to reveal her assets!!!!!. Damn you sony!!!!!! I saw it on my computer btw, i'd do her...:D . Hope this helps people.

mr_nick666
July 20th, 2006, 13:52
Just used Devhook to load this on my 1.5 (or is a 2.71?? ;) ). Really usefull prog - Especially now Im sampling the PSP Flash stuff :) Nice to be able to have it all easily accessible :D Recommended! :cool:

Striker10
July 20th, 2006, 14:47
If one more smug git rubs it in about their 1.5 i'll shove that devhook up where the sun don't shine...:p ..

mr_nick666
July 20th, 2006, 19:21
If one more smug git rubs it in about their 1.5 i'll shove that devhook up where the sun don't shine...:p ..

Scotland?? :eek:

motormaniac
July 20th, 2006, 19:39
it doesnt matter but i put mine in root

dush91
July 30th, 2006, 08:56
guys cheak this flash menu out its got evrything games , msn even a pixal fixer:D

http://www.geocities.com/hellsplumber/download.html

pspuser2
August 27th, 2006, 18:58
:cool: