PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Daedalus update - R6 on its way

tsurumaru
June 23rd, 2006, 00:45
Strmnnrmn has just posted the following on his blog:

http://www.strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/

Plans for R6

I'm back from Spain now. I had a great time in Barcelona, it's a bit of a shame to be back :)

I'm planning to have quite a quick turnaround on for the next release, i.e. hopefully I'll have something ready by the end of next week, or early July. I want to concentrate on fixing a bunch of graphical issues (adding new combine modes to fix various pink+black textures etc). I'm also going to look at reducing memory requirements - I think the stability problems associated with running the emulator with dynarec for an extended period of time are a result of running out of memory. This should also help to improve the Expansion Pak support. If I get enough time I'll look at adding support for configuring the controls on a rom by rom basis. Finally, I also want to look at improving savegame support.

-StrmnNrmn

PS Congrats Ghana + Australia :D

gunntims0103
June 23rd, 2006, 00:48
great stuff i hope that the next release brings mario 64 to about 20 fps on average that would be alsum for the next release i look forward to it

should be good cant wait

Gizmo356
June 23rd, 2006, 00:52
yes finall some news

Zion
June 23rd, 2006, 01:22
I Can't wait!

Jonesyxxiv
June 23rd, 2006, 01:53
I hope more ROMS are compatable now also.

BL4Z3D247
June 23rd, 2006, 02:04
this is the best news ive heard all day, it really made my day :D

sroon
June 23rd, 2006, 02:06
Its good to hear!!
Great job Strmnnrm!

samidgley
June 23rd, 2006, 02:09
I agree, it'll be gret if any roms are4 at playable speed.. to be honest I don't really care if some of the graphics are a bit off if the gameplay starts to work a bit.. at the moment I don't play on things becase it's to slow.. again, cheers for continuing a great project

xiringu
June 23rd, 2006, 02:10
welcome back!!!

johnston829x
June 23rd, 2006, 02:24
I agree, it'll be gret if any roms are4 at playable speed.. to be honest I don't really care if some of the graphics are a bit off if the gameplay starts to work a bit.. at the moment I don't play on things becase it's to slow.. again, cheers for continuing a great project

hes right...lol if its at playable speed but theres no sound or the graphics arent that good yet...it will still be fun as hell to be able to play super smash bros. on a psp or actually any n64 game!

EXCITED!!!:D :D :D

schluptnut
June 23rd, 2006, 03:21
You left? Thank god your back. I ran supersmash bros the day of the latest release and the 3d rendering was slow and discolored. Cant wait to see whats in store! I hope you enjoy doing what your doing with the Daedalus emulator. Great Job!

Kvonx
June 23rd, 2006, 03:22
thank god ur back........hope u succeed in ur aspirations cuz i kno that evry1 will enjoy it!!!!

cartmandude14
June 23rd, 2006, 03:45
YES!! I really hope mario 64 is speedin up. It will be better than 64 ds because of the PSP's beautiful crystal clear screen!

Misleading
June 23rd, 2006, 03:46
wow i can hardly begin to think how great a full speed n64 emulator for the psp would be. Mabey in r6 you could add some frame skip:D . Thanks stormin normin

Shadowblind
June 23rd, 2006, 04:09
hope r6 has sounsd

acn010
June 23rd, 2006, 05:13
hey.
im glad, yeah , i want to play zelda, and it has some glitches so, maybe this next release will take it out. :)

Video_freak
June 23rd, 2006, 05:41
glad to hear that you're back! cant wait for r6 (please psdonkey, no more fake crap)

Gizmo356
June 23rd, 2006, 05:53
cant wait

Nafogel
June 23rd, 2006, 05:53
this is awesome! with every new release, i get more and more excited. I cant wait to play mario 64 at full speed! who cares about sound or perfect graphics? As long as i can get my daily mario fix, i'm fine, and right now super mario world aint doin it for me, I need 3D! Keep up the good work!

Broonale
June 23rd, 2006, 05:59
Great news!

This is a fun project to watch develop!

felonyr301
June 23rd, 2006, 06:23
yes i wont mind little graphics bugs for the next release if i can play zelda at a much much faster speed.. well i see you enjoy your vacation thats good you deserved it.. cant wait for the next release.

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 06:45
i think im the only person that likes sound with mi games but its nice to know your back

Gizmo356
June 23rd, 2006, 06:51
omg finnaly

mr_nick666
June 23rd, 2006, 09:16
i think im the only person that likes sound with mi games but its nice to know your back

Sound would be cool - lol! :D Its just amazing to me that this is running the PSP at all! :eek: Speed increases are always good - cant wait for the next release! :p Glad you had a good holiday! ;)

Oni
June 23rd, 2006, 09:25
Welcome back from spain:)
This is great news... would be great if the memory bug gets fixed... it's pretty anoying when your playing Mario64 and it look like there is no probs at all (and it's runing at a good speed too) it just chrashes... Can't wait, can't wait:D

ONi

mat_dizzy
June 23rd, 2006, 10:14
ooh i cant wait! :D

best news i'll probaly hear all day :p

keep up the good work m8 ;)

tsurumaru
June 23rd, 2006, 10:31
Guys, please have some realistic expectations! He is going to do a quick release that will hopefully;

a. improve the displayed graphics
b. improve compatibility
c. improve save states and perhaps add per Rom controller config.

You shouldn't expect any major speed increases as he wont be working on the Dynarec (that takes a lot of time) he'll probably wait till the next release for that. Sound is almost definitely out too but I'm sure will be addressed in a later release.

I'm sure Strmnnrmn does appreciate your thanks but please realise such major improvements dont occur overnight but after long and difficult periods of development (every new feature introduced is likely to throw up a few new bugs that then need to be addressed). Patience everyone I'm sure over the next few months we'll see some real improvements in N64 emulation on the PSP ;)

yamaneko
June 23rd, 2006, 13:00
Good Job!!!

SSaxdude
June 23rd, 2006, 15:31
Awesome, keep up the great work.

acn010
June 23rd, 2006, 15:53
im also interest in sound, but did you realized that emulator is still slow for sound.
it will sound like those audio cassettes players that has low battery

REROX145
June 23rd, 2006, 16:34
Man i luv playing mario 64 @ a framerate of 8-18
keep up the good work

P.S. maybe in the next releases frameskip would be awesome, make a button cunfiguration setting or mapping the anolog stick 2 also be the d-pad so yhe d-pad on the psp would be the C buttons.

1 of ur gr8 fans ReRoX145 :D

Voltron
June 23rd, 2006, 17:02
I am always struck with admiration and awe at Strmnnrmn's dedication to this project. By no means could this be an easy undertaking.

Thank you Strmnnrmn. Keep up the excellent work!

sroon
June 23rd, 2006, 18:22
Hey guys!
Play Mario 64 on R5 and go to the courtyard where the ghosts are! but go there when there are no ghosts and then see how fast it goes!
(.)(.) it goes really fast there!

Accordion
June 23rd, 2006, 20:51
yeah goes up to about 18 fps in the courtyard

its amazing

samthegreat68
June 23rd, 2006, 21:11
sounds good. but i cant wait til its truly playable. you know, like the old days when when you just pop in the cartridge and play. frameskip/fps was not even in anyones vocabulary back then.

aries2k4
June 23rd, 2006, 22:28
Ya, sounds good. keep up the good work

johnston829x
June 23rd, 2006, 22:31
hopefully it'll be good to go by r10...lol jk

gunntims0103
June 23rd, 2006, 22:35
hey on my mario 64 i have about 7 stars now once i get 1 more i can take on bowser im luving it....o yea to get a really big increase in speed on r5 go to settings and disable the tesser triangle option and enable the dynamic recomplier wen your outside the castle i get a average framerate of 11 fps:eek: its crazy and wen im in the castle i get 11 fps on average as well.........wen im in level worlds i get an average of 8 fps:eek: and wen im in the room of the painting i get 18 fps at the most iv seen 19 fps:eek: its alsum:D

Gizmo356
June 23rd, 2006, 22:49
keep up the hard work but i have a 2.6 so it freezes every 5 to 10 mins but still my favorite emu

masonman
June 23rd, 2006, 23:06
does it work via eloader?

Gizmo356
June 23rd, 2006, 23:14
yes it does

dublas1980
June 24th, 2006, 00:21
this is greit finally i will play paper mario thanks man. :D

BALL_SAC
June 24th, 2006, 01:36
AWESOME!!! I cant wait for the next release. I would really want to see some good sound support soon. I dont think the emulater is usefull for savegame support yet, but as soon as the emulater is running as good speeds, then that would come in handy. I say that the speed should be worked on first, then savegame support, and then sound which I look forward to.

cburke1
June 24th, 2006, 04:29
Im not really new at this ive been watching the psp hacks and such, just the first time i've wrote... So far this is the best thing comming out... It was cool when i found out about project64 but now hand held... So cool... Any way I have tryed about every rom an R5 and the best one ive seen runing out side of mario64 is, lego racers at 8fps try it... xena works ok 5fps. Scooby doo 5+fps... zelda realy slow... and some others... I have a 2 geg mem... I just put about 180 of the on and tried them... some load but thats it... I would like to see a 75% of the games loading at lest... He's doing a great jop...:) I want to offer him 400$ if he gets this thing going good... Better than going out and buying psp games... I love football so fare none of them work... Sound would be great but geting the roms to load up with good spead and more fps (or just to load Period would be the main goal ... I would think any way... Talk soon... CJ

sroon
June 24th, 2006, 04:57
Im not really new at this ive been watching the psp hacks and such, just the first time i've wrote... So far this is the best thing comming out... It was cool when i found out about project64 but now hand held... So cool... Any way I have tryed about every rom an R5 and the best one ive seen runing out side of mario64 is, lego racers at 8fps try it... xena works ok 5fps. Scooby doo 5+fps... zelda realy slow... and some others... I have a 2 geg mem... I just put about 180 of the on and tried them... some load but thats it... I would like to see a 75% of the games loading at lest... He's doing a great jop...:) I want to offer him 400$ if he gets this thing going good... Better than going out and buying psp games... I love football so fare none of them work... Sound would be great but geting the roms to load up with good spead and more fps (or just to load Period would be the main goal ... I would think any way... Talk soon... CJ
Donk?
Anyway!
try different dumps for M64 and you ge different speeds.

Erban
June 24th, 2006, 08:11
Zelda!!!!

Kramer
June 24th, 2006, 09:23
I got banjo kazooie in game by using a save from pj64 and it goes at a max of 5fps its pretty slow but it's good to see another wicked game working on this emu.

ENG
June 24th, 2006, 13:05
wow, you got Banjo Kazooie working, i used to love playing that, at least we know it's possible, thanks.

qaopjlll
June 24th, 2006, 15:37
I just hope he fixes the problems with games crashing... what good is it playing games at higher speeds if they still crash after every five minutes?

Gizmo356
June 24th, 2006, 15:50
good luck with r6 strmnnrmn

acn010
June 25th, 2006, 07:33
does it work via eloader?
what a newb.
off topic:
i remember myself asking for a downgrader for my psp V1.52 and how to install it.
old times, oold times :)

BALL_SAC
June 26th, 2006, 21:58
I hope this next release is going to be soon.

BL4Z3D247
June 26th, 2006, 22:21
yeh i hope he releases it soon too and i hope he maps the c-buttons...im still not worried about sound(though it would be nice) but as long as it runs a little bit faster, has c-buttons, and more roms that run i'll be set

Accordion
June 26th, 2006, 23:15
sounds useless till its full speed anyway

cant wait though, college is finished, so i need to keep busy. if there even a small speed increase overall, just load up the courtyard of mario 64 and it will probably run about 25fps.... were almost at the ultimate goal....but it does slow down every where else of course...

meh
progress is progress