PDA

View Full Version : Mame4ALLPSP New Version 0.0.3

Pages : [1] 2

kech
June 23rd, 2006, 04:13
new release 0.0.3

add, Full Screen only in "HW Scale" Option (don't works for all the games)
add, even control analog, working now
add, working some roms a little but large

bugs fixes

a problem with the memory that impeded its regeneration correct and left sectors of the roms without cleaning,
fixed and cleaned the coding of the menu,
and small bugs fixes

fixed 2.xx version, now is working

Version 0.0.2
-The Sound is better
-better resolucion (not at all)
-New keys
L+R = pause emulator
Start + Select = reset machine

Options better
"Fixed" and "HW scale"

For 2.++ firnware in this page have the correct version
http://beta.pesepe.com

thanks yoguis and Unicorn

Version 0.0.1
- More compatibility
- Now, the "home" key works to get out of the game that is running, and to get out of the emulator
- Is based in the last version make by chui of the mamegp32x 2.3

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/djacura/MAME4ALLPIC32168_MAME_PSPiluminator.jpg

Thanks to:

djacura and jcm2004 betatesters
thanks yoguis and Unicorn for version in 2.xx http://beta.pesepe.com

Sazuke2911 for their first port
Chui for the port of the emulator to SDL
Franxis for make the port of MAME
and all the people that had help Franxis in the make of the port

If you want to help to improve this project, these are the pages where you can help

http://www.talfi.redtotalonline.net/gp32_franxis/
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/mame4all.html

(Thanks to TheHard, who help me in translate this... so, if you get a mistake in this, blame him!)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

BALL_SAC
June 23rd, 2006, 04:21
AWESOME!!!
This emulator is going a long ways!

NovaKane
June 23rd, 2006, 04:25
Great, I'm going to try this ASAP! Thanks!

migsgiz
June 23rd, 2006, 04:26
nice!!!!!!!! keep it coming you guys!!! dont let the neo geo and ir thing steal your thunder lol

djacura
June 23rd, 2006, 04:36
excellent kech, good work and perfect operation of pad analogic, continue thus working, cadilacs and dinosaurs not sound for the moment, but works fullscreen, omg is games like 1941, in hw scaled not view the image correct, is pixelation texture, recomend test in mode fixes or swscaled. a greeting and thx kech

Pumped'Up
June 23rd, 2006, 04:47
thanks Kech for the improved version.

Is the compatibility game list improved as well this time?

popcornx
June 23rd, 2006, 04:54
2.xx doesn't seem to work on 2.6...oh well

good job tho ^^

nibblemynutz
June 23rd, 2006, 04:57
2.xx doesn't seem to work on 2.6...oh well

good job tho ^^

aww.. i was gonna ask. lol..

NovaKane
June 23rd, 2006, 05:20
I just tried the 2.xx download since I have fw 2.60 and it worked fine for me. I wish there was sound for The Punisher and Dinosaurs & Cadillacs though. Final Fight runs ok but not perfect. At least the chipmunk voices are gone though. Keep up the good work.

popcornx
June 23rd, 2006, 05:33
hmm how did you get it to work? I can't seem to get it to load..I'll keep trying tho.

publicprivates
June 23rd, 2006, 05:37
what games currently run on this emu?

subcomander
June 23rd, 2006, 05:42
i cant get any roms to work either. wat do u need so they could work? can someone tell me.

Pumped'Up
June 23rd, 2006, 05:56
Looks like 0.0.3 is a step back for the FIXED resolution on CAPCOM CPS-1 games - the resolution is cut/shortened on both sides which the previous version appeared to have done this correctly.

Mr. Shizzy
June 23rd, 2006, 06:10
a compatibility list would be most helpful...

NovaKane
June 23rd, 2006, 06:14
All I did to get this to work on 2.60 was drop the MAME folder in the Game folder. I took my roms from the last version and just moved them into the current version. That's it.

The only roms I tried were:
The Punisher (full speed, no sound)
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (full speed, no sound)
Final Fight (not @ full speed, sound but not perfect)
Captain Commando (not @ full speed, sound but not perfect)

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 06:14
i have tryed over 500 games from the previos version and they all work yeihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

xiringu
June 23rd, 2006, 06:30
0.0.2 was working on my FW2.5

i overwrited it with this and ... doesn't work :(

oh well, let's go back to 0.0.2

NovaKane
June 23rd, 2006, 06:33

I didn't overwrite my 0.0.2. I just deleted it after I put 0.3 on. Maybe you should try that instead.

NovaKane
June 23rd, 2006, 06:36
i have tryed over 500 games from the previos version and they all work yeihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Which FW are you running?

rpreyes623
June 23rd, 2006, 06:39
can't get it load on fw 2.6. anyone able to get it working? any suggestions?

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 06:39
Which FW are you running?

I have a 1.0 firmware and a 1.50 and they both work :cool:

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 06:40
I will post the new list i compiled in the afternoon when i finish testing some more games.

aleborri
June 23rd, 2006, 06:42
wooooohoooooo!!!!! I can't wait to try this, full screen glory, thnx thnx kech :)

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 06:43
oh bi the way thanxs kech your the man

aleborri
June 23rd, 2006, 07:30
Hmm full screen seems to distort and pixelate the image a lot :( , though I understand these are old games and maybe this is to be expected

gaz666
June 23rd, 2006, 08:35
I have 1.0 and cant seem to get this running.I just get the 'game could not be started' message.

Anyone any ideas please??:confused:

SweetFA
June 23rd, 2006, 09:21
The fixed setting on the video seems to be a bit off-centre the bottom lines of Donkey Kong are now missing.

Great in HW-scale mode.

Mario still refuses to go up the ladders as well, unfortunately.

The other Mr Do! series games still don't allow you to play, you can't put the coins in with Select.

The joystick control is great, good work!

funy56
June 23rd, 2006, 10:11
I just tried the 2.xx download since I have fw 2.60 and it worked fine for me. I wish there was sound for The Punisher and Dinosaurs & Cadillacs though. Final Fight runs ok but not perfect. At least the chipmunk voices are gone though. Keep up the good work.

Can I ask you which file did you download to play on your psp 2.6? 1.5 or 2.0 file? Can you tell me where you put the file in.... psp? Thnks

SmashinGit
June 23rd, 2006, 10:16
Defender runs so much better now and fullscreen. There are still some frameskip problems but other than that what an awsome release. Thanks

zoole
June 23rd, 2006, 11:01
kech great!!!!!!!

but The edge of the screen cuts when it is "fixed".
Next, the improved thing is expected.

thx!!!!!

Plowking
June 23rd, 2006, 11:10
I tried both versions and it doesn't work on 2.00 with the eLoader 97

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 12:03
Can I ask you which file did you download to play on your psp 2.6? 1.5 or 2.0 file? Can you tell me where you put the file in.... psp? Thnks
You need the 2.0 file and you put it in game folder

funy56
June 23rd, 2006, 12:08
You need the 2.0 file and you put it in game folder

my psp is 2.6 version and I use FANJATA GTA to run the homebrew. I did put the folder in the GAME folder but I can't get it work. Pls assist

xiringu
June 23rd, 2006, 13:46
I've tried the version in this web and it doesn't seem to work.

I've tried changing the names of the folders, etc and I couldn't.

BUT I downloaded another version from another web and it worked!!!

this is a link to a file 0.0.3 that REALLY works on FW2.5

(web is in spanish)
http://beta.pesepe.com/index.php?q=system/files&file=Mame4all2xxv003.rar

(note to admin)
please, change the file for the 2.XX version :)

aTomIC
June 23rd, 2006, 14:34
Ah, good to see a new update by kech :)
great work

zackforbing
June 23rd, 2006, 14:37
awesome: anyone know where the compatibility list is?

can you use this with zipped roms?

recommendation: make an option to rotate the screen (and controls) 90 degrees clockwise, like NOIZ2SA and rRootage for vertical shmups, or games like pacman.

yamada
June 23rd, 2006, 14:39
I can play by MAME and am happy.
Please correspond to 'appoooh' by all means.

bosanova_x
June 23rd, 2006, 14:39
Ive managed to get mame4all working on 2.6, although it seems to be a bit unstable with the pre loade rom of 1941.

Emu needs to be downloaded from beta.pesepe.com.

Plowking
June 23rd, 2006, 15:29
Can the correct version be put up on this site?

I tried to register 3 times on beta.pesepe.com. with no success

EDIT: ok got it...it wouldn't send an email to hotmail, had to use a different account.

NovaKane
June 23rd, 2006, 15:47
I just downloaded the one from beta.pesepe.com. The one posted in this thread (for 2.xx) must be an older version w/ the 0.3 label because it didn't have 1941 in the roms folder. I must've misread before downloading.

Edit: This new is not working for me like the rest you who are having problems. It starts the loading process then it says something along the lines of, "unable to load video, unable to start machine emulation" :confused:

pspcross
June 23rd, 2006, 16:15
i don't think this is an improvement

as mentioned by other folks

in fixed mode part of the bottom of the screen is cut off

and in HW scaled mode it is all pixelated.

just to let you know

cheers

pspcross

NovaKane
June 23rd, 2006, 16:29
How did you all (w/ fw 2.50+) get the roms to load?

aleborri
June 23rd, 2006, 16:55
Sadly I have to agree with pspcross, fullscreen doesn't look good (check final fight at fs to see what I mean), most games that didn't work before now still don't work (I tried swat, black tiger, sfII, alien storm, etc) so not much improvement really :(

In any case, I'm really grateful for the dev trying to improve things so please keep working on it ;)

johanh
June 23rd, 2006, 17:18
Fantastic update. At last analog stick support!!! :)

Playing RoboCop and Indy:temple of doom works great!

With some smoothing filter added, like the SNES emu uses, the fullscreen will look great.

LordVox
June 23rd, 2006, 17:31
Keep up the good work. This emu is excellent. It is not perfect, but it is by farthe best MAME for PSP!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Unicorn
June 23rd, 2006, 17:34
as you can read some post above, version 0.0.3 of this emu works if you download it from beta.pesepe.com (http://beta.pesepe.com/index.php?q=node/2156).

Ive just sended to kech via email the correct eboot, im sure he will reupload the working 2.xx version in these forums as soon as possible.

In beta.pesepe, there's a file called "1941" because its a rom. We usually put one of them on each emulator in order to be able test the emulator, but its EXACTLY the same version as kech has posted here. I only made a change with the compression of the eboot in order to get it working, and i have explained it to kech, so he can solve the problem the next time.

Have a nice day pals.

pspcross
June 23rd, 2006, 17:46
as you can read some post above, version 0.0.3 of this emu works if you download it from beta.pesepe.com (http://beta.pesepe.com/index.php?q=node/2156).

Ive just sended to kech via email the correct eboot, im sure he will reupload the working 2.xx version in these forums as soon as possible.

In beta.pesepe, there's a file called "1941" because its a rom. We usually put one of them on each emulator in order to be able test the emulator, but its EXACTLY the same version as kech has posted here. I only made a change with the compression of the eboot in order to get it working, and i have explained it to kech, so he can solve the problem the next time.

Have a nice day pals.

you say " i only made a change in the compression of the eboot to get it working"

maybe this technique could work for other programs which don't run on 2+ but do on 1.5 such as dgen above 1.3.

please let us know and we 2+ users can try it out

anything is worth a try

thanks

pspcross

repuken2
June 23rd, 2006, 17:49
Prehistoric Isle works now, doesn't hang!!!.
also POW works better now, now infinite jump glitch.
Ghoul n' Ghosts appear to be broken where it worked in last build.

Sf2, Rockman - Power Battle, Black Tiger and Trojan, TNZS, Boble buble doesn't work yet.
Rygar resets after first round, with or without sound, it happened in last build too.

Anyway i love Prehistoric Isle!!!

im on FW 1.5 BTW. Cheerz Kech!! Great Job!

Unicorn
June 23rd, 2006, 17:57
you say " i only made a change in the compression of the eboot to get it working"

maybe this technique could work for other programs which don't run on 2+ but do on 1.5 such as dgen above 1.3.

please let us know and we 2+ users can try it out

anything is worth a try

thanks

pspcross
Ive just seen your private message, i wasnt able to answer sooner, im sorry pal.

I will try to return here and post the silly method to uncompress eboot's, but i have been trying to use it with some other appz and games (such as SmashGPSP) with no good result...:-(

pspcross
June 23rd, 2006, 18:01
Ive just seen your private message, i wasnt able to answer sooner, im sorry pal.

I will try to return here and post the silly method to uncompress eboot's, but i have been trying to use it with some other appz and games (such as SmashGPSP) with no good result...:-(

i am waiting with batied breath

and remember there are loads of folk here with 2+ who can test the method with different progs

so time will tell

here hoping we can open up a few more to 2+

cheers

psychadelicious
June 23rd, 2006, 18:20
Can somone please send me a working link of the 2.xx version cause that piece of crap website http://beta.pesepe.com makes you register and i can't seem to get an email to finish the registration process so please provide a working link!!!!!!

T-2000
June 23rd, 2006, 18:30
Hmmm bombjack not work now, sure it did b4..

pspcross
June 23rd, 2006, 18:32
Can somone please send me a working link of the 2.xx version cause that piece of crap website http://beta.pesepe.com makes you register and i can't seem to get an email to finish the registration process so please provide a working link!!!!!!

if you pm me your email i will send it to you

pspcross

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 19:04
Hi this the games im able to play with this new version. At the same time it has shrunk bi almost 150 games from the previous version:D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 23rd, 2006, 20:36
Me personally cant see any improvment still no bubble bobble.,side arms and no full screen hardware acelerated mode,needs alot of work still.alot of compatibility issuses need addressing.

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 20:41
Yes its true but the progress is awsome he will surprise us all soon compatibilitie when down less games playable butnext one hopefully will turn it around eather way great job Kech

Sauron96
June 23rd, 2006, 20:43
I haven't been following this too closely...

Can someone tell me is most (90%) of pre-1990 games play almost perfect because honestly that's all really want...

...and maybe Golden Axe and Final Fight...but that's it I swear

Amiga
June 23rd, 2006, 21:40
I have 1.0 and cant seem to get this running.I just get the 'game could not be started' message.

Anyone any ideas please??:confused:

use pspbrew to convert the two 1.5fw folders into 1.00

and it will work.

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 21:41
I haven't been following this too closely...

Can someone tell me is most (90%) of pre-1990 games play almost perfect because honestly that's all really want...

...and maybe Golden Axe and Final Fight...but that's it I swear

Yes they bouth play great and see mi list for all the games i have gotten to work

Sauron96
June 23rd, 2006, 22:14
Is thsi emu running at 333mHz?

If not can we adjust it?

xiringu
June 23rd, 2006, 22:17
I'm playing right now ;)

dublas1980
June 23rd, 2006, 23:59

How did you make it work on fw 2.5 i try to do the same thing but it didnt work for on my 2.5. :eek:

ooohhh well this is a nice emultor :D

dublas1980
June 24th, 2006, 00:11
I've tried the version in this web and it doesn't seem to work.

I've tried changing the names of the folders, etc and I couldn't.

BUT I downloaded another version from another web and it worked!!!

this is a link to a file 0.0.3 that REALLY works on FW2.5

(web is in spanish)
http://beta.pesepe.com/index.php?q=system/files&file=Mame4all2xxv003.rar

(note to admin)
please, change the file for the 2.XX version :)

Man you are i life saver thanks and now i can play mame roms.:D

Battousai
June 24th, 2006, 02:26
Can this emulator run neo geo games? If not, is there any besides Neo Geo CD?

aleborri
June 24th, 2006, 06:31
Can this emulator run neo geo games? If not, is there any besides Neo Geo CD?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27264

BazzaLB
June 24th, 2006, 10:18
Hi this the games im able to play with this new version. At the same time it has shrunk bi almost 150 games from the previous version:D

hmmm, You have "Elevator Action" i your list, but I can't get the original or bootleg rom versions to run. The roms load without error but then I just get a black screen. Whats the date of your EA roms? I have been hanging out for Elevator Action in portable form for yonks.

whitey75
June 24th, 2006, 13:41
Same here Bazza, I've tried 3 different versions of EA and all perform as u have just described.

ACID
June 24th, 2006, 13:44
hmmm, You have "Elevator Action" i your list, but I can't get the original or bootleg rom versions to run. The roms load without error but then I just get a black screen. Whats the date of your EA roms? I have been hanging out for Elevator Action in portable form for yonks.

The date is 1983 bi taito remember not all rom sets work use clrmame to check and fix the correct files.:D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 24th, 2006, 13:45
Yeah ive rolled back to previous release loads of games that worked now no longer do.BUMMER :(

BazzaLB
June 25th, 2006, 03:47
Has anyone else managed to get Elevator Action to work with this PSP MAME4ALL. I ran clrmamepro against a gp32x based dat file for MAME 0.34 roms, but that generated an invalid rom. The rom I have loads without errors, but as I say just produces a black screen.

ACID
June 25th, 2006, 03:57
Bazzalb keep on trying different roms i got them from 2 different webs and work.

i sugest you google mame roms and go from there

DefaultGen
June 25th, 2006, 15:56
Out of 15 roms, only 2 showed up and only 1 worked at a bad framerate... (Toobin') :(

I guess i'll stick to Midway classics for now.

gunntims0103
June 25th, 2006, 21:21
i just want this question answered is it realistic to say that this mame emulator will be close to running marvel.vs.capcom as this is my favorite game and im sure its not running on this emu at the moment i havent tried this emu yet..........the mvsc rom is about 20,000 kb and im sure this mame emu cant handle this rom yet but what im asking is in the future can we suspect that this emu will be able to do so.........hopfully it will.........not sure

at least i posted it here and didnt start a hole thread just for this question as sum would do.....lol

thanx

Baboon
June 25th, 2006, 22:07
This new version is quality! Full screen and the analog stick is working instead of the dpad... Top stuff! :)

I've got loadsa games running on this now, and most of them with sound - Robocop, POW, golden axe, midnight resistance etc etc ...still no bubble bobble or tmnt though. :(.

Thanks again to PSPcross for helping me out getting this emu working.

Unicorn
June 25th, 2006, 22:35
some days before, i've just written a tutorial about what i did in order to have MAME4ALLPSP version 0.0.3 working on my PSP 2.00.
Its just here (http://beta.pesepe.com/index.php?q=node/2511), in Spanish. Im sure that you can use a web translator to understand it, if not, i will try to write it back in English.
Have a nice day pals

JollyJoe
June 25th, 2006, 23:14
Has anyone else managed to get Elevator Action to work with this PSP MAME4ALL. I ran clrmamepro against a gp32x based dat file for MAME 0.34 roms, but that generated an invalid rom. The rom I have loads without errors, but as I say just produces a black screen.

Elevator Action is running fine for me on this release. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

JollyJoe
June 25th, 2006, 23:15
Out of 15 roms, only 2 showed up and only 1 worked at a bad framerate... (Toobin') :(

I guess i'll stick to Midway classics for now.

Maybe the roms you wanted to run aren't compatible.

Swoop
June 25th, 2006, 23:26
How can I change the buttons to be remapped to more than just the multiple fire buttons and Start?

Space Duel requires more than just a mapping to START to be able to get a game going. After you enter in the coin, you must select dual ship mode or single ship mode as well as 1 or 2 player.

If anyone has a workaround, please do let me know. I have gotten it to work on MAME for the PC and XBOX using the full key remapping menu they have in there.

Kech,
Do you foresee the capability to map to more arcade machine buttons/controls in the near future? Any way I can hack at it myself? Maybe a .cfg file to (easily?) control mappings in the future?

Great job on the best MAME Emu for PSP!! :)

Swoop
June 26th, 2006, 00:44
Maybe the roms you wanted to run aren't compatible.

Also, there are so many VERSIONS of the same ROMS out there, based on the MAME version at the time. I believe I read this is based on MAME version .35 roms.

There are utlities out there to verify rom version as well as convert roms to older versions. Check out this util called ROMBuild that does just that; it converts newer roms to older versions. I haven't tried it yet for MAME4ALL-PSP, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

RomBuild is here: http://www.logiqx.com/Tools/ROMBuild/

So, the version is critical in order to get it working.

Working for me:
Ghouls N Ghosts
Ghosts N Goblins
Centipede
Galaga
Galaxian X
Gauntlet
Gauntlet 2
Gorf
Heavy Barrel
Phoenix - needs sample support
Rygar
Salamander

a lot more I dont remember at the time...

Not Working:
1943 US - says its counterfeit.
Bagman - locks within a few seconds of starting.
Bubble Bobble - never starts

*I may have bad rom versions for these, too.

BazzaLB
June 26th, 2006, 00:51
Elevator Action is running fine for me on this release. Maybe you're doing something wrong.

WOW, this is really frustrating.

I have tried a rom from 5 sites now (all of them around 37K) and they all result in a blank screen. I am using a FW1.5 PSP. Are those who are getting Elevator Action running using a later FW version? otherwise I can't for the life of me see whats going wrong here. Pacman, Galaga etc etc etc are all running fine. The analogue pad works fine in other games as well, so I am definately rtunning the 0.0.3 version of MAME4ALL.

Elevator Action is the ONLY game I really wanted to play via MAME4ALL so this is really frustrating

JollyJoe
June 26th, 2006, 01:00

I have tried a rom from 5 sites now (all of them around 37K) and they all result in a blank screen. I am using a FW1.5 PSP. Are those who are getting Elevator Action running using a later FW version? otherwise I can't for the life of me see whats going wrong here. Pacman, Galaga etc etc etc are all running fine. The analogue pad works fine in other games as well, so I am definately rtunning the 0.0.3 version of MAME4ALL.

Elevator Action is the ONLY game I really wanted to play via MAME4ALL so this is really frustrating

Read the PM I just sent you.

ACID
June 26th, 2006, 04:36
Ok i notice people are having problems with there roms onestly its eather been real lazy or idont know the coders give us this great emulators thanks kech and that should be enoughf its up to us to find a working rom i put out a list of this new reliease with all this working roms yet people keep complaining that such and auch game dont work. People if it doesnt work it doesent work or you just have a bad rom set. We cant fasilitate the rom web site but if you look at some of the compatibilitie list you know witch roms to try. I say if it worked for me then it works im not goign to just put out a list for pure fun i have tested over 3000 roms and this is the small list i got.

NovaKane
June 26th, 2006, 04:52
Ok for me, 0.0.3 works on fw 2.60 UNTIL I use one of the roms I put in the folder. What I did first was run 1941 just to see if everything was alright. No problems there.

As soon as I try to play The Punisher, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Final Fight or Capt. Commnado, the emu wouldn't run them. The strange thing is, I used these exact roms on the earlier versions of MAME and they all worked fine.

Oh yeah, then I tried running 1941 again and because of trying to play it AFTER attempts of my roms...that wouldn't load up either (until restarted the emu)

What should I do?

ACID
June 26th, 2006, 05:09
the loading of games not working after working ones has been a problem from the beggining so if you restart your psp it should work again this latest version will just shut down after loading several roms. you will notice it will not even load a rom after a couple of game plays it will just freeze then shut down. In regards of the other games not working i sugest you delet the entire emulator and reinstall it

NovaKane
June 26th, 2006, 05:49
I just keep getting:

"unable to start video emulation
unable to start machine emulation"

I tried reinstalling etc. I keep getting the same message every time. That's only with this version though. I'll probably stick with 0.0.2 until the next update.

BazzaLB
June 26th, 2006, 06:44
I certainly wasn't being lazy, but I get your point. FWIW I'm up and running ;)

Baboon
June 26th, 2006, 12:11
One problem I do find is when I first load mame4all (I’m using a 2.6, gta) the screen tends to go black for about 5 minutes before it opens up the rom list menu. Does anybody else get this problem?

Also If your using eloader the only way to quit out of the current game is to press L,R and Start at the same time (as opposed to pressing the home button on 1.0 and 1.5 PSPs), so again rebooting the emulator takes quite a few minutes before you can load up a game.

I’m guessing its because there’s quite a few games in my roms folder and that it takes that long to read through the folders to see what games are compatible with mame4all? In other emulators (neo geo, snes etc) the rom list loads up straight away... hopefully this will be fixed in future releases?

Thanks again to all the peeps who put this emulator together! ...fookin great stuff! :D

Panini
June 26th, 2006, 13:34
I also get this problem loading my games on my 2.5. It does work, just takes forever to boot the mame emulator up.

mr_nick666
June 26th, 2006, 13:50
Ok i notice people are having problems with there roms onestly its eather been real lazy or idont know the coders give us this great emulators thanks kech and that should be enoughf its up to us to find a working rom i put out a list of this new reliease with all this working roms yet people keep complaining that such and auch game dont work. People if it doesnt work it doesent work or you just have a bad rom set. We cant fasilitate the rom web site but if you look at some of the compatibilitie list you know witch roms to try. I say if it worked for me then it works im not goign to just put out a list for pure fun i have tested over 3000 roms and this is the small list i got.

You need to relax a bit Acidburn! ;) (youre scaring the noobs!) :p
Cheers for the list - its going to save me a ton of time :D

ACID
June 26th, 2006, 14:39
mr nick666 thats not the case i was a noob ones we all where and I'm willing to help anybody out is the list i can do compared to what our coders and Adm. do its just that people wont even try.

phenom76
June 26th, 2006, 15:09
can someone explain this to me im dying here how do you make it work

carpy
June 26th, 2006, 15:16
Loads and runs great on 2.6. Question: Does anyone else have trouble with the D-pad in Donkey Kong (US) ?

I can't get mario to go up a ladder. everything else seems fine though.

ACID
June 26th, 2006, 15:20
Loads and runs great on 2.6. Question: Does anyone else have trouble with the D-pad in Donkey Kong (US) ?

I can't get mario to go up a ladder. everything else seems fine though.

Yeah it doesn't work some Roms don't work you cant do some functions or just cant add quarters

ACID
June 26th, 2006, 15:22
can someone explain this to me im dying here how do you make it work

You need to give us a little more info so we can help. Whats your psp firmware what where are you copying your Roms things like that.

phenom76
June 26th, 2006, 16:06
im using firmware 2.5 gta exploit with super bock emulator but cant get this mame to work it loads up then said load error for a rom where do i copy roms, how do i set up this emulator? any 411 would be much appreciated

carpy
June 26th, 2006, 16:18
Here's a dumb question: why is this version based on MAME .34 in stead of teh far more complete & standard MAME .36?

phenom76
June 26th, 2006, 17:10
Im begging someone please help ive been trying to get mame to work on ny psp for weeks

carpy
June 26th, 2006, 17:23
im using firmware 2.5 gta exploit with super bock emulator but cant get this mame to work it loads up then said load error for a rom where do i copy roms, how do i set up this emulator? any 411 would be much appreciated

Your zipped roms have to be in a folder called "ROMS" under the Mameforall main folder. The Roms have to be compatible with MAME version .34.

phenom76
June 26th, 2006, 18:08
and do i make a folder called roms or is it already in there

phenom76
June 26th, 2006, 18:10
is there supposed to be a folder there or do i create one and where do i get the roms i go to rom hustler is that a good one

Swoop
June 26th, 2006, 18:30
Is there support for samples yet? What's the progress on the next update? Is this the best place to post bug finds?

I am a very patient person, but I sure would like to see replies from the authors to show that they are reading all of our posts. ;)

Swoop
June 26th, 2006, 18:32
is there supposed to be a folder there or do i create one and where do i get the roms i go to rom hustler is that a good one

Phenom - all of the folders are already created for you. You just need to drop a .zip file of the rom into the ROMS folder and run it! :)

Try Galaga to test it out. THat's a small and easy one to get working.

alleyal202
June 26th, 2006, 21:44
can someone help me out and tell if u got disk of tron or tron working?also i cant get yie ar kung fu or dark seal to work,HELP!!PLEASE

ACID
June 27th, 2006, 18:48
can someone help me out and tell if u got disk of tron or tron working?also i cant get yie ar kung fu or dark seal to work,HELP!!PLEASE
Only yie ar kung fu works from the ones you mentioned:D

ACID
June 27th, 2006, 18:52

You make a folder named Roms. and as far as asking for ROM sites its against forum policies

JollyJoe
June 27th, 2006, 22:18
I got a quick question. Anybody know why some games that are compatible for Mame 34 or 35 don't show up on the list? Case in point: Hi Impact is compatible with Mame 34 or 35 and it doesn't show up at all.

I'm not complaining or anything,it's just something I was wondering about.

alleyal202
June 28th, 2006, 02:52
Yo acid,does tron or disk of tron work with 02 version and also i have yie ar kung fu rom but it wont load.Please help

djamm
June 28th, 2006, 03:02
I found this to be a great improvement....it is truly playable....most games....

for those having trouble, make sure your getting the roms that are compatible...with MAME4ALL!!!

Cheers,

-=djamm=-

thepce
June 28th, 2006, 03:46
Thanks to Kech for the post and to all of you who posted compatible game lists. It works great on fw 2.0.

Peace.

ACID
June 28th, 2006, 04:41
Yo acid,does tron or disk of tron work with 02 version and also i have yie ar kung fu rom but it wont load.Please help

From this games the only one that works is YIE AR KUNG FU for both versions the others don't. All i can tell you is try clrmamepro you need a DAT .34 -.35 file to do this or try to download from different web sites till you find the right ROM.
I suggest you google for Mame Roms version .35

alleyal202
June 28th, 2006, 18:57
Thanks @ great work on the list @ helping me

thepce
June 29th, 2006, 03:18
Some roms seem to load but fail at the last second (says not enough memory, but I have 200 mgs empty).
Is this because I need to convert to version .34?

ACID
June 29th, 2006, 10:08
Thanks @ great work on the list @ helping me

No problem thats why we are here for.
All thoug hw is a great thing im rolling back to previous version because i tested over 200 more roms of witch atleast 60 off work with previous version hope kech will fix this.
By the way great job Kech:D

phenom76
June 29th, 2006, 13:23
how d i know which roms are good and which are bad?

ACID
June 29th, 2006, 17:32
how d i know which roms are good and which are bad?

You eather test them or use clrmamepro and you need a .dat file for .34 or .35 mame if you looke in this thread i had posted a list of compatible games.

JollyJoe
June 29th, 2006, 21:44
You eather test them or use clrmamepro and you need a .dat file for .34 or .35 mame if you looke in this thread i had posted a list of compatible games.

Dude,I'm not knocking you or anything. I think you're doing a great job with your list,but just because you got them working that doesn't mean everybody is. No matter what you do some of them just aren't gonna run.

I've gotten a lot of them to run,but there are some no matter what I do,they just won't run.

Oh,and by the way,I finally figured out why I couldn't get Street Fighter to run. Doesn't have anything to do with the rom,though.

ACID
June 29th, 2006, 21:50
Dude,I'm not knocking you or anything. I think you're doing a great job with your list,but just because you got them working that doesn't mean everybody is. No matter what you do some of them just aren't gonna run.

I've gotten a lot of them to run,but there are some no matter what I do,they just won't run.

Oh,and by the way,I finally figured out why I couldn't get Street Fighter to run. Doesn't have anything to do with the rom,though.

Unfortunately i cant give the web where i get the Roms but is a German website and the Roms are in Mame .35 & .36 format and I'm not expecting them to work for everybody by just downloading from Any site. The Roms in the top 5 ROM sites everybody knows of are in 105 or 106 format for Mame so yes a lot of them wont work try getting the .DAT file for .35 or .34 then use clrmamepro.

JollyJoe
June 29th, 2006, 22:09
Unfortunately i cant give the web where i get the Roms but is a German website and the Roms are in Mame .35 & .36 format and I'm not expecting them to work for everybody by just downloading from Any site. The Roms in the top 5 ROM sites everybody knows of are in 105 or 106 format for Mame so yes a lot of them wont work try getting the .DAT file for .35 or .34 then use clrmamepro.

(sigh) I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Has a matter of fact I know you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

No kidding they're not gonna work juust from downloading them from any site. No kidding you got to use clrmamepro and dats from Mame 34 or 35 to get them working. Now tell me something that I don't know.

What I was saying was that even after you do all of that,some of them still aren't gonna work. Even if they are compatible with Mame 34 OR 35. I find that most of the ones that don't work for me will say something about being out of memory.

So please stop giving the "look at the list" speech. Because I can call out about 40 of them that don't work on my psp no matter what I do.

pspcross
June 30th, 2006, 16:03
(sigh) I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. Has a matter of fact I know you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

No kidding they're not gonna work juust from downloading them from any site. No kidding you got to use clrmamepro and dats from Mame 34 or 35 to get them working. Now tell me something that I don't know.

What I was saying was that even after you do all of that,some of them still aren't gonna work. Even if they are compatible with Mame 34 OR 35. I find that most of the ones that don't work for me will say something about being out of memory.

So please stop giving the "look at the list" speech. Because I can call out about 40 of them that don't work on my psp no matter what I do.

are you also sure they are on the list that chui released for the original mame4all that this is a port of.

just asking don't bite my head off if you ok

just wondering thats all

mame4all based on 0.34 or 0.35 is not the best place to start in the first place. mame is up to about
1.07 as far as i remember.

cheers

pspcross.

also here's the dat file for this if anyone needs it

(cheers joe for the info on this too)

pspcross
June 30th, 2006, 19:03
are you also sure they are on the list that chui released for the original mame4all that this is a port of.

just asking don't bite my head off if you ok

just wondering thats all

mame4all based on 0.34 or 0.35 is not the best place to start in the first place. mame is up to about
1.07 as far as i remember.

cheers

pspcross.

also here's the dat file for this if anyone needs it

(cheers joe for the info on this too)

i just tried this and its for the gp2x not psp mame
its not really any use for this.

don't waste your time with it.

ACID
June 30th, 2006, 19:27
jolley joeIf you don't whant mi help don't ask for mi help if your goign to try to scorch me. Second pspcross im not trying to pretend that im taking kechs glory i am in no fact involve with his project to get this clear. The list he put out is the compatibilitie list gor the GP2 and because a game is not there it doesnt mean it wont work. I posted a list of games that work for me using his great emulator. Like i sayd i dont expect the games to work for everybody. But if you really want a game keep on serching i really wanted street fighter and it took me over 20 different sites to find one that worked. But i notice here if you try to help and other players cant get it to work is mi folt. So to fix that since i cant tell people where to go download them i will just keep the list and games to mi self.
Great job to KECH for making all this games possible on the PSP
And Chui for his great work also and yes the list in this emulator is based on the GP2X and if you guys want thoes games they work great on it.

alleyal202
July 1st, 2006, 05:25
yo why does newer games work on this emulator and stuff like tron,batman, and stuff like that doesnt work.

pspcross
July 1st, 2006, 06:56
jolley joeIf you don't whant mi help don't ask for mi help if your goign to try to scorch me. Second pspcross im not trying to pretend that im taking kechs glory i am in no fact involve with his project to get this clear. The list he put out is the compatibilitie list gor the GP2 and because a game is not there it doesnt mean it wont work. I posted a list of games that work for me using his great emulator. Like i sayd i dont expect the games to work for everybody. But if you really want a game keep on serching i really wanted street fighter and it took me over 20 different sites to find one that worked. But i notice here if you try to help and other players cant get it to work is mi folt. So to fix that since i cant tell people where to go download them i will just keep the list and games to mi self.
Great job to KECH for making all this games possible on the PSP
And Chui for his great work also and yes the list in this emulator is based on the GP2X and if you guys want thoes games they work great on it.

who said anything about stealing kechs glory ??

my point was just that this emu was based on an old version of mame in the first place.

so alot of games by default will not run on it.

don't get your knickers in a twist mate.

keep up the list ( have you got a working version of bubble bobble by the way ???)

see ya

pspcross

YourStillWithMe
July 1st, 2006, 08:55
uhh does Star Was Trilogy, TMNT (4 player) Soul Calibur or Simpsons 4 player work? thats all i care about. also where the heck do the roms go and how does this work? i feel so nooby i know how to work everything but this damn emulator bochs and al that other stuff i know how to use but dont get this for some mystical reason. . .

JollyJoe
July 1st, 2006, 23:13
i just tried this and its for the gp2x not psp mame
its not really any use for this.

don't waste your time with it.

wrong it works just fine. it is the one i used to get roms running for me.

and this emu is based on the gpx emu for mame so obviously it works.

so just because you didn't get it work.

oh,and just so you know there isn't a dat that only works for psp mame. if that were the case no dat would work.

JollyJoe
July 1st, 2006, 23:32
acidburn,if want to act like a bitch,then go ahead. Nobody was critizing you. I was simply making a point.

Gameguy241
July 2nd, 2006, 00:49
can someone explain this mame install step by step please

dropdeadfred
July 2nd, 2006, 01:27
Howdy. I need some help, please.

I just got a PSP v2.01. Is it possible for me to get this emulator working and if so how. My problem is I hadn't even seen a PSP until the other day and know NOTHING about homebrew. I did get myself a copy of GTA:Liberty City as that seems to be helpful in getting a lot of stuff working.

Can someone give me a brief run down of what I need to do?

Thanks!

dropdeadfred
July 2nd, 2006, 03:01
Howdy. I need some help, please.

Nevermind. Looks like I just had to create a GAME directory that didn't already exist. Now to find my roms...

ACID
July 2nd, 2006, 11:58
acidburn,if want to act like a bitch,then go ahead. Nobody was critizing you. I was simply making a point.

Im not acting like a b**** im stating that the list is a gp2x list of mame games working for it. remember it is twice as fast then the psp so it will support more games at this stage And nobody sayd the dat file was for psp its to conver the roms to a version .34 / .35 witch this emulator is based on

pspcross i will look to see if theres a buble boole rom that works;)

pspcross
July 2nd, 2006, 15:48
wrong it works just fine. it is the one i used to get roms running for me.

and this emu is based on the gpx emu for mame so obviously it works.

so just because you didn't get it work.

oh,and just so you know there isn't a dat that only works for psp mame. if that were the case no dat would work.

ok then heres the thing i used this dat file.

i took the games which showed as working and then installed these in mame. hey presto they didn't work.

now if the dat files said these roms are good to go why don't they work then.

probablt because the dat is for gp2x which has more ram than the psp. thats my guess.

so tell me where i am going wrong then with this dat file.

and why can't there be one for psp???

this one is for gp2x so why not psp ????

cheers

JollyJoe
July 2nd, 2006, 17:17
maybe if you used the dat with clrmamepro to rebuild your roms first I bet they'd work. Because it sounds to me like you didn't.

But what do I know,i've only rebuilt 60 or more roms from acidburn's with it.

Gameguy241
July 2nd, 2006, 19:02
can someone explain how to install this mame on the psp step by step please

ACID
July 3rd, 2006, 05:46
uhh does Star Was Trilogy, TMNT (4 player) Soul Calibur or Simpsons 4 player work? thats all i care about. also where the heck do the roms go and how does this work? i feel so nooby i know how to work everything but this damn emulator bochs and al that other stuff i know how to use but dont get this for some mystical reason. . .

No ,No ,No ,No none of them work i wish they did hopefully soon.:)

Gameguy241
July 3rd, 2006, 17:53
can someone explain how to install mame on the psp step by step i am confuse

Gazz021
July 3rd, 2006, 22:24
gameguy,download mame4all and put on to psp like you would other emu's.Put your mame roms in the roms folder(check list to c whats working) you also need mame bios which u can google search and put them in the roms folder zipped. Pac land works but no sound. Ghouls and Ghost world set working with sound

B-RAD
July 4th, 2006, 18:38
Im new how do u download it do u put it in the game folder im CONFUSED!!!! lol

B-RAD
July 4th, 2006, 18:44
I put it in the game folder and it came up as corrupted data wut do i do:confused:

B-RAD
July 4th, 2006, 18:46
Gazz wuts an emu and wut rom folder???

dropdeadfred
July 5th, 2006, 04:05
can someone explain how to install mame on the psp step by step i am confuse

Ok. I will give this a shot since I just barely figured it out and I am a complete PSP/EMU noob. This is what worked for me at least.

1. Get an eloader. Depending on what firmware version you have you might need a copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. When I tried mame4all without an eloader I get a corrupted data error, or one version would run but didn't work. The eloader I used was eLoader v0.97 "bock" from http://www.fanjita.org/. Here's the readme: http://files.fanjita.org/psp/readme.txt

2. Once you have the eloader installed and working get the correct version of mame4for your firmware and put in on your memory stick. It needs to be in a /PSP/GAME/MAME4ALL folder.

3. Once mame4all is in place follow the instructions for your firmware in the readme from step one. Select mame4all from the menu and pick a game from the list of roms in your rom directory. If you don't know if enough about mame to know what roms and your rom directory is then there is plenty of stuff to help you out there.

That's what worked for me. Maybe you don't have to do it with an eloader, but that's what worked for me.

dropdeadfred
July 5th, 2006, 04:07
Now, hopefully someone cal help me out. How do you leave a game once you've started it. I can play a rom just fine, but don't know how to get back to the MAME4ALL game list without rebooting.

Thanks!

ACID
July 5th, 2006, 04:21
Now, hopefully someone cal help me out. How do you leave a game once you've started it. I can play a rom just fine, but don't know how to get back to the MAME4ALL game list without rebooting.

Thanks!
All you ned to do is press home on the psp ones and it will take you back to the list of games twice and it takes you back to the psp menu:cool:

dropdeadfred
July 5th, 2006, 04:24
All you ned to do is press home on the psp ones and it will take you back to the list of games twice and it takes you back to the psp menu:cool:

Thanks. I just came back to post I had figured it out. I was doing home then yes, which would hang. I finally figured out home then no got me to the menu, but home twice is much easier. Thanks again!

Gazz021
July 5th, 2006, 22:40
i tried using other mame bios ie capcom,taito and there mame roms but i had no working results,its strange how some work and not others,I cant wait for the next update also N64 update.

TerrorByte64
July 5th, 2006, 23:27
I just put in MAME4ALL. It says that it cannot see the MAME roms I put in the folder. Any ideas why they can't be seen?

ACID
July 5th, 2006, 23:35
I just put in MAME4ALL. It says that it cannot see the MAME roms I already have, where do I get ones that will work with this one?
First post and is a bad one allready read the rules. No asking for roms or websites to roms. Your best bet is to edit this an hope the mods dont rip you a new one.:rolleyes:

shroud
July 9th, 2006, 08:05
I'm really excited to see an upgrade of Mame for the PSP. The games that do work, seem to work well for the most part, however I was a little disappointed to see that Time Pilot which is a very old game run extremely slow.
Hoping to see some more optimization for the next release but very happy that someone is working hard to port this to the PSP.

Bonez
July 10th, 2006, 12:42
Umm question I just downloaded the MAME application for my 1.5 psp and I downloaded roms for it and It says that no available games found. Ok I wanted to know if the roms I downloaded were good I download Xmen and it has like 7 different files in it and I put them in the rom folder can someone help me please

Baboon
July 10th, 2006, 12:50
Xmen does not work on this version of mame (its not supported).

ACID
July 10th, 2006, 21:50
What happen to our beloved KECH. Hopefully he will greet us with a bang on his next release.

The_It
July 10th, 2006, 23:18
what does the file type of the roms have to be?

ACID
July 10th, 2006, 23:38
what does the file type of the roms have to be?
They have to be .rom but you cant rename the zippet file eather.

carpy
July 11th, 2006, 01:03
They have to be .rom but you cant rename the zippet file eather.

That's completely wrong.

There's no such thing as a "zippet" file, it's a zip file.

You shouldn't rename the zip file.

The files within the zip file have many varying filenames, depending upon the game. Very few actually have a .rom file extension. Most are named for the chipset they are dumped from.

ACID
July 11th, 2006, 05:31
That's completely wrong.

There's no such thing as a "zippet" file, it's a zip file.

You shouldn't rename the zip file.

The files within the zip file have many varying filenames, depending upon the game. Very few actually have a .rom file extension. Most are named for the chipset they are dumped from.

Ok nube great way to start making friends in this forume. He asked what file do they come in they come in different files. I understand that but if you sit back and figure what is most compatible been that they are in a .34 &.35 mame format the ones i mention witch have an extention of .rom are the most compatible. Yes they have alot of variables he whants the extention.:mad:

kimo96817
July 11th, 2006, 11:42
I have a PSP with 1.5fw and tried to use the MAME4ALLPSP file. Everytime I try to load the roms, all I get is "ERROR: NO AVAILABLE GAMES FOUND". I found the NEO-GEO bios with Neo-Geo.rom, ng-lo.rom, ng-sfix.rom, ng-sm1.rom and placed it in the folder. I also got roms that were on a list of roms that are suppose to work. I have also tried checking the previous pages of this thread for info on how to set it up and what I might be doing wrong. Any suggestions. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

carpy
July 11th, 2006, 13:04
Ok nube great way to start making friends in this forume. He asked what file do they come in they come in different files. I understand that but if you sit back and figure what is most compatible been that they are in a .34 &.35 mame format the ones i mention witch have an extention of .rom are the most compatible. Yes they have alot of variables he whants the extention.:mad:

What?

Dude, you make no sense at all. I thought you said you have 12 years programming experience. Why do you write like a 4 year old using a Speak n' Spell?

ACID
July 11th, 2006, 13:17
Carpy i really don't care what you say about me I'm trying to help people out. Everybody starts some were. I have tested over 3000 Roms for this emu don't insult mi intelligence. Have you ever tried to type when not sleeping for over 24 hours its hard to focus . I don't need to prove mi self to you. It ends here or i will report you.

carpy
July 11th, 2006, 14:27
Carpy i really don't care what you say about me I'm trying to help people out. Everybody starts some were. I have tested over 3000 Roms for this emu don't insult mi intelligence. Have you ever tried to type when not sleeping for over 24 hours its hard to focus . I don't need to prove mi self to you. It ends here or i will report you.

Helping people out is great.

You might want to start by giving them correct information.

Go ahead, report me. What are they going to do, scold me for telling people not to listen to you because you don't know what you're talking about?

shadowprophet
July 11th, 2006, 14:31
Now look. This thread is getting out of hand,
You all know flameing is aginst the rules, And I have yet to bann someone for something as base as flameing, So dont make me start people, Clean your damn flames up people, Or ill be forced to start handing out banns......

Flameing is when you dissrespect another user. Therefor the rule is if you cant treat ALL users with respect then dont post, when this rule is broken its called flameing. And we mods have to clean up the mess. I hope you guys realize how much respect and trust ive invested into you guys to trust you to do that, without haveing to give out banns, So clean them up or I will be forced to do somthing I really dont wanna do.....

carpy
July 11th, 2006, 15:23
Now look. This thread is getting out of hand,
You all know flameing is aginst the rules, And I have yet to bann someone for something as base as flameing, So dont make me start people, Clean your damn flames up people, Or ill be forced to start handing out banns......

Flameing is when you dissrespect another user. Therefor the rule is if you cant treat ALL users with respect then dont post, when this rule is broken its called flameing. And we mods have to clean up the mess. I hope you guys realize how much respect and trust ive invested into you guys to trust you to do that, without haveing to give out banns, So clean them up or I will be forced to do somthing I really dont wanna do.....

Duely noted.

In all honesty, did you see anything in my first post here that looked like I was flaming him?

All I did was make sure that the person who asked the question about rom names and placement knew that acidburn was giving him bad information. I am here to help when I can, and learn when I don't know.

Acid decided to get all huffy puffy about it. If his problem of posting unintelligible jibberish and bad information is due to him not sleeping for 24 hours as he claims, then maybe he should go to bed and come back when he's better rested.

ACID
July 11th, 2006, 17:56
Got your massage shadow. Its mi fault shouldn't have let a new member get the best of me. But i will like you to take in to consideration and talk to the mods about people insulting or criticizing others for there spelling. This is a huge forum with members from all over the world. I happen two know 4 languages unfortunately English is not mi strongest.

By the way I'm getting of topic any news on Kech's progress on a future release.

CARLOSOAC
July 11th, 2006, 20:02
RUN Quiz nanairo Dreams?

JollyJoe
July 11th, 2006, 22:23
What?

Dude, you make no sense at all. I thought you said you have 12 years programming experience. Why do you write like a 4 year old using a Speak n' Spell?

You have to look over acidburn. He gets mad when someone points out that he was wrong.

ACID
July 11th, 2006, 22:32
What are you talking about. When i get mad is when people talk crap about coders. I say if people cant do better they shouldn't bash a coder.

Kaiser
July 11th, 2006, 23:38
English is not Acidburn05's first language (according to him) so give him a break. I'd hate to lock a news post for such a stupid fight.

@Acidburn05: Your not making your life easier by baiting others to flame you. Don't reply with a post such as post #154. He was simply correcting you, and he wasn't trying to insult you in any way with his first reply.

Now can we all get along?

ACID
July 12th, 2006, 04:43
English is not Acidburn05's first language (according to him) so give him a break. I'd hate to lock a news post for such a stupid fight.

@Acidburn05: Your not making your life easier by baiting others to flame you. Don't reply with a post such as post #154. He was simply correcting you, and he wasn't trying to insult you in any way with his first reply.

Now can we all get along?
Like i said kaiser i learn mi lesson. I'm not going to reply to no one for any reason. I'm just going to comment on whats at issue. It's the second time i let a newbie get the best of me. I'm better then that. I appreciate all your work. Your a great mod in mi book.

BadBoy House
July 12th, 2006, 15:34
2 questions:-

1. How do you insert credits in mr dos castle? (select doesnt do anything)

2. How do you get mame4all to save your high scores??

JollyJoe
July 12th, 2006, 21:24

1: I don't think anybody ever got it to do anything. Sorry I didn't download Mr.Do,I'm just going by what I've heard others in this thread say.

2. My Hi Scores save automatically(or at least when I play Robocop) I don't know,but maybe you can get acidburn to tell you how to do it,since he claims to be the thread expert.

shadowprophet
July 13th, 2006, 03:35
1: I don't think anybody ever got it to do anything. Sorry I didn't download Mr.Do,I'm just going by what I've heard others in this thread say.

2. My Hi Scores save automatically(or at least when I play Robocop) I don't know,but maybe you can get acidburn to tell you how to do it,since he claims to be the thread expert.

This issue has been resolved and yet you keep on with your dissrespect in a attempt to drag this issue on and on,,
One week bann, Learn to let resolved matters stay resolved.

ACID
July 13th, 2006, 03:58
Shadow thank you i love you now too.
Eany news on a next release from Kech.

Cool just noticed mi 600 post yeahhhhhhhh

sduran003
July 14th, 2006, 01:23
What xmen the arcade game avaible for PSP MAME, is some one working on it.

ACID
July 14th, 2006, 08:00
What xmen the arcade game avaible for PSP MAME, is some one working on it.
no it doesnt work with eany of KEch releases. But hopefully he will figure something out.

mashimon
July 14th, 2006, 16:25
In "final fight" , I can't continue.
How can I continue when die?

ACID
July 15th, 2006, 01:23
In "final fight" , I can't continue.
How can I continue when die?
Add a lot of credits when you start the game and just press start when you die. If that doesn't work try another rom set.:D

mashimon
July 15th, 2006, 13:11
Add a lot of credits when you start the game and just press start when you die. If that doesn't work try another rom set.:D

thank you.
but I couldn't.

I tryed some other virsion of ffight and jp,us version.
I can't continue:(

In what version of final fight rom can I continue??:confused:

delt31
July 16th, 2006, 07:39
ok so i have been trying to getting double dragon 1 to work after it was confirmed on maxconsole. Is this game DEF not working??? if it is please let me know what i am doing wrong

everything else works

repuken2
July 16th, 2006, 16:30
You must have ddragon.zip and ddragonb.zip , the original and the bootleg.

use double dragon bootleg set, the other one hangs.Works perfect for me.

Good luck.

delt31
July 16th, 2006, 16:52
are you saying i need both, or just use the bootleg version to play??? which is just ddoubleb.zip?

EDIT - I GOT IT TO WORK!!! thanks!

only issue is it's really slow and the sound is garbled. Is there any settings to make it faster??? can you change the cpu speed???

Zombo
July 16th, 2006, 21:11
Don't worry mashimon Im having the same problems with Final Fight,Even when I press start nothing happens,either that or it just ends instantly.Also does anyone else have trouble with Rampage?

BadBoy House
July 17th, 2006, 14:57
shame you cant have the sound on in some games coz it slows everything down too much.

is there any way of upping the processor?

ACID
July 17th, 2006, 16:00
thank you.
but I couldn't.

Try the bootleg version see if that works.

Kramer
July 19th, 2006, 14:12
hey just downloaded this can anyone reccomend some good games

nigels
July 22nd, 2006, 00:24

Yep I found the problem and got it working. There is one ROM ba3.11 that has a bunch of zeros appended to the start of it which is why it is 2048 long instead of 1920. If you delete those extra bytes from the start of the file with a binary editor it will work with MAME4ALL on the PSP.

knuxtaben
July 22nd, 2006, 02:23
cool!!!!!! this is awesome!

Zombo
July 23rd, 2006, 10:40
thank you.
but I couldn't.

Sadly I think all versions of Final Fight do this.:(

subcomander
July 23rd, 2006, 19:00
i finally got it to work. yay.

cylonwar
July 26th, 2006, 02:19
Good news, Star Wars works and didn't make the list; my problem is that Empire Strikes Back also works but freezes within 3 seconds of gameplay. StarWars will only work if it is capitalized in word: STARWARS; Empire won't work as esb (as it is named in the rom) rename it in capitalized letters, rom will run but won't play. My point is that can mame4allpsp run non-listed games all depending on how they're named?

ACID
July 26th, 2006, 04:01
cylonwar the answer is no. The processor used for this reads the games that are meant to be played by it there for it the games have to be left with there original names unless KETCH rewrites it otherwise.

animemeisters
July 28th, 2006, 06:43
Hi ok have a question this might not be the right place to ask so please bare with me. How do you get mame4all. How do you get it on your psp? Or through the pc. is there any place that has full instructions on how to run it where to put it etc, dose it work with the mame you currently have on your pc I mean all the roms or do you have to down load roms just for the mame4all sorry this is all new to me Please email me with any help thanks again
[email protected]

BadBoy House
July 28th, 2006, 08:33
that's just lazy m8 - use the search button.

fucht017
July 30th, 2006, 00:38
I wonder when Outrun(Arcade) is going to be emulated..Still love that game:rolleyes:

ACID
July 30th, 2006, 07:32
I wonder when Outrun(Arcade) is going to be emulated..Still love that game:rolleyes:
If im not mistaking its a system 16 game and almost 7mb i think mame wont supported now or ever unless kech modifies some stuff to make it work.

fucht017
July 31st, 2006, 19:10
Maybe they can make a outrun only Emulator...just a suggestion.;)

EMUMFER
August 8th, 2006, 08:10
Yeah it doesn't work some Roms don't work you cant do some functions or just cant add quarters

CAN'T INSERT CREDITS:
A lot of games work, but I can't play them.
1. Is there a tutorial, guide, faq for this version?
2. Which button is used to insert credits?
3. Can someone please give directions to remap
the buttons?

Thank You in Advance,
:o

EMUMFER
August 8th, 2006, 08:26

SAME FOR ME...
Can someone please give us some help with this?

Thanks

Baboon
August 8th, 2006, 09:08
CAN’T INSERT CREDITS:
A lot of games work, but I can’t play them.
1. Is there a tutorial, guide, faq for this version?
2. Which button is used to insert credits?
3. Can someone please give directions to remap
the buttons?

Thank You in Advance,
:o

I haven’t got my PSP with me so I cant check but...

1) Not that I’m aware of.
2) Press ‘select’ to insert credits, then hit start to play (there are a few games though that load the rom, but will not let you insert coins to play).
3) Its a mare trying to reconfig the buttons, I haven’t sussed it yet... good luck.

Also you cant save high scores because there isnt an option to do it.

I would advise on the options configuration, setting the screen to ‘HW scaled’ as this give you a full screen when playing the games.

Hope that helps? :D

Mr. Shizzy
August 9th, 2006, 01:19
Has ANYONE gotten TAPPER to work?

imarlon7
August 12th, 2006, 09:16
i havent tried this yet. will this work on v.2.5
can enyoune please help?

jerutyaj
August 18th, 2006, 20:01
hey guys how do you get games to work on this cuz i tried extracting soul calibur and nothing came up said something like error no games found, i mean when i extracted soul calibur into it there were like 10 diff files and i put them all into the rom folder

SweetFA
August 18th, 2006, 20:44
hey guys how do you get games to work on this cuz i tried extracting soul calibur and nothing came up said something like error no games found, i mean when i extracted soul calibur into it there were like 10 diff files and i put them all into the rom folder
Put the .zip in the folder, don't extract the files.

jerutyaj
August 18th, 2006, 22:01
did that it still says no games are found

SweetFA
August 19th, 2006, 00:18
did that it still says no games are found
Only supported games show up.
Try some others.

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:22
does it work on 2.7+

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:22
i downt think so but i was just wondering

roy5
August 19th, 2006, 00:29
does it work on 2.7+

Pumped'Up
August 19th, 2006, 04:32
Man too bad we haven't seen a decent MAME emulator for PSP. This one is below average because although excluding CPS1, there are tonnes of games that are supported...and those are the old old 80's games. The menu system is also in pretty rough shape...

I just hope the developer hasn't given up on this baby as it can be a top emulator like NJ's work.

orrange23
August 22nd, 2006, 13:46
i'm sorry if this has been asked a million times maybe but i've searched this forums but i didn't get the answers.
i've download the latest version of mame4all for fw2.xx and theres only one file inside the EBOOT and tried to load it via eloader but all i can see is the ROMS folder which created in the PSP/GAME/MAME4ALL/ROMS and nothings happening.
Is there suppose to be other files here needed? like bios or something...

Gazz021
August 28th, 2006, 17:19
Hi orrange23, You do need mame bios which you can google search for.Put them in the Roms folder zipped.So far I've only have working at full speed,Ghouls and ghosts,Pac-land and Ace carrier wings.

Sanaki
September 4th, 2006, 16:59
THXTHX^^

Good job

*enjoy*

jurkevicz
September 4th, 2006, 21:41
I hope they release a new version soon.

bah
September 10th, 2006, 13:13
Has anyone had any luck getting simpsons arcade to run?
Im not sure if its my naming of the rom or if its not supported at this time.

pibs
September 15th, 2006, 23:59
i downloaded it and just read the post that said marvel vs capcom does not work so now i know its not the roms that don't work its just the emu is not capable of runing it yet

koroshiya1
September 18th, 2006, 11:41
Is there any reason I can't download the files ?

(Mac G5 + Firefox) (tried safari too)

pkmaximum
September 18th, 2006, 20:49
Man just stick to NJ's work on NEO GEO, NEO GEO CD, CPS-1, CPS-2. They nearly run full speed on every rom, with great sound quality. And they are still updated at a good rate. Were this emulator is clearly dead.

darkmanx
September 19th, 2006, 02:09
how do i get it to run games
i,m havin a prblem with it running "wrestling super star"

darkmanx
September 19th, 2006, 02:14
i.m having a problem i have a 1.5 psp and i cant get mame 4 all to run "super star wrestling" it keeps sayin theres no game and it freezes and gos back to my psp menu can some help

pkmaximum
September 19th, 2006, 03:03
Don't double post, and I'll say it again.

Stick to NJ's work.

darkmanx
September 19th, 2006, 03:21
whats nj's work ???

darkmanx
September 19th, 2006, 03:57
sorry but where do i find nj;s work???

pspcross
September 19th, 2006, 11:13
nj is the coder who did all the neogeo and
cps1 and 2 stuff.

for capcom games use these instead they are far better.

most stuff for mame doesn't run on mameforall
anyway.

it was a crappy place to start when doing a port

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

down the left side are the links download them from here.

best of luck

darkmanx
September 19th, 2006, 18:34
can someone tell me where i can find the most recent up to date video convertor for psp 1.5 please

ACID
September 19th, 2006, 18:37
can someone tell me where i can find the most recent up to date video convertor for psp 1.5 please
Video converter for ???:confused:

Baboon
September 19th, 2006, 19:30
I wonder if this emulator is now dead? ...I hope not??

We havent heard of any progress or information to say that their still working on this emulator. I was hoping we might have some more compatibility with a just few more games?

Dont get me wrong though, I'm very happy with Shinobi, Golden Axe, Robocop and Ghosts n Goblins... its just that this emu has the possibility to do so much more. If this is as far as Mame4all can go then I really hope that someone will take on NJs work that he's releasing and make just a few more classic arcade games run perfect on the psp? ...fingers crossed ! :)

darkmanx
September 19th, 2006, 20:15
video converter for psp-i-pod-dvd all in the same program

darkmanx
September 19th, 2006, 21:19
yo how do you put a picture under your sreen name

Zombo
September 22nd, 2006, 03:10
I wonder if this emulator is now dead? ...I hope not??

We havent heard of any progress or information to say that their still working on this emulator. I was hoping we might have some more compatibility with a just few more games?

Dont get me wrong though, I'm very happy with Shinobi, Golden Axe, Robocop and Ghosts n Goblins... its just that this emu has the possibility to do so much more. If this is as far as Mame4all can go then I really hope that someone will take on NJs work that he's releasing and make just a few more classic arcade games run perfect on the psp? ...fingers crossed ! :)

I also feel the same Baboon >_< As you said it feels it could just do so much more but the games are just full of glitches and have a low compatibility rate.Makes me just want to get a GP2X Right now.;)

darkmanx
September 23rd, 2006, 03:06
thank gus for all your information but i,ll wait unto a more up to date verison of mame come out that runs all game , can this be possiable???>> all games<

Megaman Fanboy
September 27th, 2006, 21:52
can anyone tell me how to get son son working as it says "error reading roms" when the same zip file works on mame for the pc

Dare Devil Denis
September 28th, 2006, 09:34
Hello. I'm very pleased that most of the games I've tried work fine. I'm only interested in stuff before 1985 though! (I'm showing my age!).

Question: Star Force (the best shoot-em-up from the 80's IMHO) plays ok but the sound is just clicks and pops. Has anyone got Star Force working with good sound? (I tried 6 different web sites without success - couldn't find the "German" site that Acidburn mentioned).

Thanks,
DDD.

thewizard
September 28th, 2006, 20:23
nice :)

the viper
October 3rd, 2006, 19:05
Thanks! u r the best......
<<<<<<.>>>>>>>

pkmaximum
October 4th, 2006, 00:43
I'm pretty sure this emulator has come and died. Just stick to NJ's work on NEO GEO, NEO GEO CD, CPS-1, and CPS-2. They run very efficiently for almost every game and with sound. NEO GEO, though doesn't run the bigger games with sound. But they do run ^_^

mlcurly16
October 4th, 2006, 02:20
Any readme for this by any chance? I got it to run on 1.5, I just can't get the controls working :D

kamuixtv
October 6th, 2006, 23:49
Is there a compatibility list? When I start the emu it say no roms found. can it load zip roms? Can someone help me please.

JKKDARK
October 7th, 2006, 00:40
yeah, nice job :)

iratus7
October 7th, 2006, 12:58
I want to play nba hangtime,all metal slugs.mirtal kombat 3 on mame psp but they don't work.Do anyone have an idea what to do?

coffinbirth
October 17th, 2006, 09:26
What type of mame roms work on this??? I have tried several including Radiant Silvergun mame32, but to no avail:{ I have noticed there are many types.... Thanx

daDarkxide
October 18th, 2006, 16:16
guys, im relatively new to homebrew, and (sorry if this sounds noobish), how do you run the roms on MAME? i have FW 1.5 and some rom files, but everytime is start MAME it says that no games are detected. the rom files are already in the MAME folder. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx

manrayboy
November 8th, 2006, 06:20
nice i like that

xed00
November 20th, 2006, 21:50
hello. i got success running mame4all on my 2.8 with eloader 0.995 but the home key does nothing so i need to off the psp then power on any time i want to change the rom.
any solution?

Baboon
November 20th, 2006, 22:42
hello. i got success running mame4all on my 2.8 with eloader 0.995 but the home key does nothing so i need to off the psp then power on any time i want to change the rom.
any solution?

I dont think you can. When I first had my psp when it was on 2.6 I was running eloader (via GTA using mame4all) and the only way I could do it was by reseting the machine... which is a pain cause when I was testing the games when the emu first came out it took forever! :(

...I'm guesing with the new eloader for 2.8 it might have the same problem? ...I could be wrong though?

You might find more info on the official eloader site: http://www.noobz.eu/

Darius1988
November 21st, 2006, 03:45
I can't get this to work on my 2.80 psp.
Any ideas on how to get it to work?.

xed00
November 21st, 2006, 13:54
I can't get this to work on my 2.80 psp.
Any ideas on how to get it to work?.

it works for me, grab the 003 version you can find on the 1st post then be sure to use eloader (not xloader)
next step is to try the included rom 1941.zip, if it works then add some new roms but beware, not all games are supported and they must be in mame 0.34 format (2 year ago if i recall)
unluckly the home key,wich was supposed to be the key to return at the main menu don't work as expected so you need to off the psp every time you want to swap a rom.

Panini
November 21st, 2006, 14:12
This emulator had so much potential for the PSP, then the coder Kech just disapeared off the face of the earth abandoning the project. :(

doomex
November 24th, 2006, 19:34
well a lot of games doesnt work like shinobi, golden axe, double dragon etc we need a update

Baboon
November 24th, 2006, 22:23
well a lot of games doesnt work like shinobi, golden axe, double dragon etc we need a update

Well you must be doing something wrong cause all of those games work fine for me! :)

doomex
November 27th, 2006, 22:06
it´s a nighmare to get the roms working, it will be nice if someone put a list with the correct versions of the roms, well shinobi took me almost an hour and golden axe don´t want to get started

mikebeaver
November 27th, 2006, 22:24
All i want is a working simpsons arcade, is that to muh to ask :( i know its never gonna happen, but here is dreaming

aburyad
November 29th, 2006, 23:37
CAN someone plz tell me how exactly to play mame or nes games on my PSP..plz im tired of searching and nothing..it seems everybody just know everything..i mean not asingle guide or a question in the whole site about the installation of emulators in ur psp........:mad: :mad:
plzzzzzzzzzzzz..just tell me what to extract and what to copy/paste and where plzzzzzzzz..
(it seems everytime i press on mame4all icon in my PSP it gives me:
"The game cannot be started.
The data is corrupted."
i tried downloading the file another time and nothing changed
so help will be appreciated
thanx

bigjilm
November 30th, 2006, 09:34
ive tries all of the mame emu's and non of them work on my 2.80

anyone know why????????????????????????????:confused: