PDA

View Full Version : I'm not dead yet

PSmonkey
June 23rd, 2006, 16:35
* PLEASE DONT REPOST THIS ON OTHER SITES. THERE IS NO NEED. THIS IS JUST AN INFORMATION FOR MY SITE/FORUMS *

Anyways i'm not dead yet. I was really busy with work up till monday night. Then right after that (tuesday morning) I went on a planned vacation to toronto for a few days (it was fun). I just got back into thursday and pretty much rested. I'll be back into things next week and am planning to release a few updates now that I will have alot more free time to do so.

that be all.

jrsmaster411
June 23rd, 2006, 16:50
Yeah your not dead good to know I was just about to call the police to search for you

D0N
June 23rd, 2006, 17:06
Yeah your not dead good to know I was just about to call the police to search for you

Was that meant to be funny? :rolleyes: Anyway back to the point hope to see an update soon PSMonkey!!

BL4Z3D247
June 23rd, 2006, 17:17
woohoo go Monkey!!! u rock man!!!

bullhead
June 23rd, 2006, 18:41
Never doubted you for a minuite...Only for a few seconds, then I realised I was being silly!

Gizmo356
June 23rd, 2006, 18:51
welcome back

jamus_dood
June 23rd, 2006, 19:47
what are you planin a release 4? im lookin 4ward to it whatever it is!!!

V3N0M
June 23rd, 2006, 20:16
Glade you took some time off. Thanx for all the hard work on M64 and Iris.

Accordion
June 23rd, 2006, 20:53
erm

ahem
welome back?
???

bullhead
June 23rd, 2006, 20:57
^^^(laughs with...)^^^lol...

Accordion
June 23rd, 2006, 21:22
^^^(laughs with even more whatever "..." is)^^^lol...

ACID
June 23rd, 2006, 21:51
3 bananas for monkey you rock

DPyro
June 23rd, 2006, 23:18
Yay, now I can test out a new version of M64 maybe :p

Timale-Kun
June 24th, 2006, 00:00
That's good to see u PSMonkey^^

PS : hope i'll be more useful next time with Japanese lmao

gunntims0103
June 24th, 2006, 00:08
glad your not dead hope ya had a great time on your trip en i look forward to looking at future releases that you put out mainly (m64,iris)

keep up the good work

BALL_SAC
June 24th, 2006, 01:41
I personally want to see that new fighting game that you have talked about PSMonkey. Do you have any screens on that yet? How have you progressed on the project?

stotheamuel
June 24th, 2006, 02:32
this reminded me of Richard Pryor.

great news glad you had a good time on your trip

pspchris
June 24th, 2006, 05:08
keep up the good work. i cant wait for a M64 update! (as well as iris) you are awesome, and i support you all the way. :)

sroon
June 24th, 2006, 06:51
So uh Monk?
Did you see any Tittys while you were on your trip?
/(.)(.)\
Im going to Toronto too, so I need to know these things!
jk,
anyways. . .
What did you really do in Toronto?

Kramer
June 24th, 2006, 09:33
Yay, now I can test out a new version of M64 maybe :p

$n!per really loves stirring us up
i think he wants another spam fest like before monkey 2.0 came out.

RedKing14CA
June 24th, 2006, 09:37
ive just been checkin on psp news every so often.. my psp sits and collects dust, or is used for transfers of files between my computers...

itaintmefoo
June 24th, 2006, 20:18
just like dadaloues *cant spell* weired

Zeemon
June 25th, 2006, 05:07
Good to hear from you PSMonkey... I'm looking foreward to more news! What exactly have you been working on? Iris, M64, new game, or multiple?

ExcruciationX
June 25th, 2006, 20:01
So is Monkey64 still halted? When are you going to start working on it again?

Gizmo356
June 25th, 2006, 20:05
hope he starts to work on m64 again

PSmonkey
June 25th, 2006, 20:29
m64 is not on hault. I am running some test with it to find a method that will boost speed but not destroy accurracy too much.

Also I am still working on iris but at the same time trying to complete a new engine which I will rewrite iris for.

Gizmo356
June 25th, 2006, 20:35
m64 is not on hault. I am running some test with it to find a method that will boost speed but not destroy accurracy too much.

Also I am still working on iris but at the same time trying to complete a new engine which I will rewrite iris for.

thank god i hope theres a new version soon

gunntims0103
June 25th, 2006, 20:47

im curios to know psmonkey when the new iris is released will you inplament any type of multiplayer not a priority for you at the moment cause just getting the game FULLY playable i believe is your top priority........maybe some melee attacks would be great like link attacking with a sword.........im sure you considered this

PSmonkey
June 25th, 2006, 21:46
im curios to know psmonkey when the new iris is released will you inplament any type of multiplayer not a priority for you at the moment cause just getting the game FULLY playable i believe is your top priority........maybe some melee attacks would be great like link attacking with a sword.........im sure you considered this

Only update I will make to the current iris engine is suport for doors and a texture fix for a moder. The engine needs to be redone and that is why I am working on a new engine. So it will be a while till iris takes a full leap (i am looking into writing a wifi manager into the engine to make multiplayer easy to add in code).

xtreameracer01
June 25th, 2006, 22:05
So...we will be getting a final v0.2 before u use the new engine for iris?

Demolition49
June 27th, 2006, 00:25
I havnt seen M64 progress for too long... its painful to think about.

PSmonkey
June 27th, 2006, 18:39
I havnt seen M64 progress for too long... its painful to think about.

It's a comming.

It still needs time to bake children. :P

gunntims0103
June 27th, 2006, 18:48
take your time bro when ever your ready to put out a release is fine your the best and i look forward to seeing progress on m64 and iris and a fighting game that im hearing you might put your hand in all good things keep up the good work let no one rush you

its the quality of the game not the fastest quantity of time you get it done

keep up the good work

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 19:01
take your time bro when ever your ready to put out a release is fine your the best and i look forward to seeing progress on m64 and iris and a fighting game that im hearing you might put your hand in all good things keep up the good work let no one rush you

its the quality of the game not the fastest quantity of time you get it done

keep up the good work

your rite who wants a rushed buggy version or a well polished bug free version

acn010
June 27th, 2006, 19:37
its better doing this calmly. if not, there will be some defects
>XP

Wally
June 28th, 2006, 14:07
PSmonkey. please email me with the stuff you want me to do.

cheers

Wally

Accordion
June 30th, 2006, 15:27
ahh...
erm...
oh here goes...

Dear PSmonkey...
it just happens to be my eighteenth birthday this sunday,so i was wondering if you would be giving me a little present, like i dont know, erm, maybe a new release of IRIS, or a demo of your new fighting game, or how about a latest build of monkey64.

i mean it is my birthday after all.
surely i deserve something

DPyro
June 30th, 2006, 15:42
Lol!

sroon
June 30th, 2006, 16:46
WAAW!
Well Maybe its my birthday too!

BL4Z3D247
June 30th, 2006, 16:48
ahh...
erm...
oh here goes...

Dear PSmonkey...
it just happens to be my eighteenth birthday this sunday,so i was wondering if you would be giving me a little present, like i dont know, erm, maybe a new release of IRIS, or a demo of your new fighting game, or how about a latest build of monkey64.

i mean it is my birthday after all.
surely i deserve something
instead of a "Dear Santa" letter its a "Dear Monkey" letter, X-mas might be comin early this year guys :eek: lol :D

Accordion
June 30th, 2006, 17:42
hey
im deadly serious!!!!
(dont laugh, i mean it!!!!)

check my profile, its says im already eighteen, but it is just habit... im 18 this sunday

you wouldnt let me down on my birthday, would you PSmonkey, that would crush me

Produkt
June 30th, 2006, 17:43
Have you guys forgotten that its just him, not an entire programming department hiding out back of EA getting whipped?

Hmm... I say give the man his peace...

Accordion
June 30th, 2006, 17:45
jesus!

i was only kidding

(sort of)

acn010
June 30th, 2006, 17:47
hmmm..........

i can't wait for it....
:)

bullhead
June 30th, 2006, 17:56
Question for psmonkey(or anyone who knows): Will it be easier to make the emulator for psps with firmware 1.5. Does this kernal expliot mean anything for you when it comes to codeing the emulator? If so, why?

Accordion
June 30th, 2006, 18:08
as far as i know it doesnt make much difference in the actual coding proscess, its just that there is less memory in user mode(i think) so there is a little more to work with in kernal mode.
also the emu doesnt need to launch prx modules so there is no shortcomings there.
the only plus side of 1.5 is the M.E. access which would allow the emu to move all sound processing to the M.E. thus freeing up some processor speed. of cours with no sound it doesnt make a difference at the moment

(i think)
oh and bullhead, do you think Lifted is the best bright eyes album? definately my favourite.

drquack02
June 30th, 2006, 19:53
Have you guys forgotten that its just him, not an entire programming department hiding out back of EA getting whipped?

Really he doesn't?

Someone needs to get on this...there has got to be an EA/Gamestop Manager somewhere here...

I'll toss in a couple bucks to help pay for the whips.

Computers are a bit too expensive, but I'll send a couple reams of paper and some pens for them.

Accordion
July 1st, 2006, 18:35
erm

dont let me down...

five and a half hours till im 18

dont ruin it for me

hmmm

dagger89
July 1st, 2006, 21:26
erm

dont let me down...

dont ruin it for me

hmmm

Well, u already got an early present... THE DOWNGRADER!!... Hopefully now devs can focus on using the Media Engine, since every1, cept 2.70 and 2.71 can have kernel access

Accordion
July 1st, 2006, 22:12
ive been on 1.5 for ages

DPyro
July 2nd, 2006, 03:19
erm

dont let me down...

dont ruin it for me

hmmm
Seriously...don't expect a present. PSmonkey has been working his ass off and the last thing he needs is someone asking for a bday present :mad:

sroon
July 2nd, 2006, 04:18
Seriously...don't expect a present. PSmonkey has been working his ass off and the last thing he needs is someone asking for a bday present :mad:
Yah.. . . So There!!
tits

Accordion
July 2nd, 2006, 15:45
ahhhhhh

i didnt think anyone would take it that seriously
i just thought the forum was drying up a bit...

my apologies

DPyro
July 2nd, 2006, 17:07
ahhhhhh

i didnt think anyone would take it that seriously
i just thought the forum was drying up a bit...

my apologies

hey
im deadly serious!!!!
(dont laugh, i mean it!!!!)

check my profile, its says im already eighteen, but it is just habit... im 18 this sunday

you wouldnt let me down on my birthday, would you PSmonkey, that would crush me

Doesnt look like you were kidding...

Accordion
July 2nd, 2006, 17:35
i already said it was a joke

its quite apparant, no one is that needy!
anyone who would seriously demand something of someone else has completley lost the plot.

i understand the work that goes into these things

acn010
July 2nd, 2006, 17:37
oh wow.
everybody, just be patient...

PSmonkey
July 2nd, 2006, 18:33
i already said it was a joke

its quite apparant, no one is that needy!
anyone who would seriously demand something of someone else has completley lost the plot.

i understand the work that goes into these things

Sorry, I tried but too burned out by work. I'm really kicking my self alot to figure out how to remove double floating point operations and reduce things to 32bit on the main core. If I do that the speed gets a reasonable boost. Once that is done I'll throw in ini suport and look to get it posted.

Yet sadly things are taking longer then exspected.
:(

BL4Z3D247
July 2nd, 2006, 18:57
Sorry, I tried but too burned out by work. I'm really kicking my self alot to figure out how to remove double floating point operations and reduce things to 32bit on the main core. If I do that the speed gets a reasonable boost. Once that is done I'll throw in ini suport and look to get it posted.

Yet sadly things are taking longer then exspected.
:(
Monk take ur time, better out comes come when u take ur time, we all got ur back and thanx for all ur hard work man :D

disturbed19
July 6th, 2006, 06:04
man, the forums are really quite lately. hey monkey how are things going? do u think u can give us a little status update? its not much to ask for.

DPyro
July 6th, 2006, 15:25
Status Update: Nothing Much :p

PSmonkey
July 6th, 2006, 16:34
man, the forums are really quite lately. hey monkey how are things going? do u think u can give us a little status update? its not much to ask for.

I got bored waiting for info on recompilers from a friend so I desided to upgrade an old friend. :)

Should be out next week.

BL4Z3D247
July 6th, 2006, 16:37
SWEEEEEEEEET!!!! and then u get ur bananas cuz i'm gunna send u some, and by bananas i mean MONEY :D....u rock Monk, keep up the good work man

drquack02
July 6th, 2006, 17:32
So PSMonkey...can you give us an idea of what you are targeting in the new release?

Speed?
Compatibility?
Graphical Glitches?

Everything?

Can't wait to see what you have done, any progress is excellent news!

PSmonkey
July 6th, 2006, 18:14
So PSMonkey...can you give us an idea of what you are targeting in the new release?

Speed?
Compatibility?
Graphical Glitches?

Everything?

Can't wait to see what you have done, any progress is excellent news!

The update is not to m64. Its of an old project.

The main thing is
1) Upgraded to latest sdk.
2) More cleaner for someone to take over.
3) Nicer Gui
4) Small visual changes (enable filtering, odd/even rendering).

Gizmo356
July 6th, 2006, 18:26
is it your old emu that you talked about in an interview a while back

ukcuf16
July 6th, 2006, 20:41
^what interview? about what?

Gizmo356
July 6th, 2006, 20:51
your name is fu back wards

kersplatty
July 7th, 2006, 19:43
iris????

disturbed19
July 7th, 2006, 20:34
thats great news psmonkey :) thats what i like to hear ::p

DPyro
July 7th, 2006, 21:52

STravers
July 7th, 2006, 22:38
SO whats ur thoughts about Zombies' 64 emulator PSmonkey?

disturbed19
July 8th, 2006, 00:43
I say zombies emulator is a fake. only when i see proof then ill believe. i also searched him up on the internet, and there was absolutaly nothing about him.

PSmonkey
July 8th, 2006, 00:55
SO whats ur thoughts about Zombies' 64 emulator PSmonkey?

i'll let you know when I actualy get to play it rather then see poorly taken shots that could have been from daedalus.

stotheamuel
July 8th, 2006, 01:20
exactly and it said there is a video out.. in the origional news post... but it was just crappy photos

ukcuf16
July 8th, 2006, 08:44
your name is fu back wards AND UR NAME IS OMZIG BACKWARDS OMFG!!! heh

sharpshoot
July 8th, 2006, 08:49
hello wat up

sroon
July 10th, 2006, 02:31
hello wat up
Nutton much bro!!

BL4Z3D247
July 10th, 2006, 02:39
Zombie said his emu would be out by tonight(so it said on pspupdates, yeh i know i know :D )...yet there is no sign of it, leadin me to think its a fake...too bad, those 3 games would have been awesome to play at full speed, esp. Goldeneye

Shadowblind
July 10th, 2006, 02:42
oh, if he said it on psp-updates, its probably gonna be a fake. They bought into the donkey thing more then anyone.

BL4Z3D247
July 10th, 2006, 03:14
oh, if he said it on psp-updates, its probably gonna be a fake. They bought into the donkey thing more then anyone.
my point exactly, i wasn't postin on here yet when that all happened but i was readin all the posts about it, i felt bad for Monkey cuz he was gettin mistaken for Donk, and he really had a n64 emu, i bet were ALL glad thats over

mexicansnake
July 10th, 2006, 04:58
Maybe a fake.....

sroon
July 10th, 2006, 11:37
Alright enought donkey chit chat please!
dont want Monk to close down this forum also!

sroon
July 11th, 2006, 16:14
§niper not again man!