PDA

View Full Version : My Computer Keeps Restarting When Disconnecting From Internet!!!!

MrTeressaBond
June 23rd, 2006, 23:46
My Computer Keeps Restarting When Disconnecting From Internet!!!!

Someone Help Me!!!!!!

I Really Hate This!!!! I Lost Everything Work I Was Working On!!!

I Am Using A Broadband Connection And My House Is Only Filtered With Two Filters On Phones!

So Everytime Someone Picks Up A Unfiltered Phone! My Computer Restarts Itself Just Like That!

I Was Told This Oly Happens To Me Only! It Doesnt Happen To Other Accounts And Its Pissingme Off!!! Nothing Is Wrong With Mine, And This Is Soooo Annoying!!!!!!!

Please!!! Someone Help Me!

yaustar
June 24th, 2006, 01:07
See What Background Processes Are Running On Your OS Account!!!!!

You Could Have A Virus Or Spyware!!!!!!!

Run Some Virus And Spyware Scans!!!!!

I Can't Believe That You Can Type Like This!!!!!!

It Really Is Annoying To Copy The Style!!!!!!!!!!!

ACID
June 24th, 2006, 01:42
is it flickering also sounds like you have some adware or virus problems. thats what hapens when you download thoes big files that start whit an I.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

xuphor
June 24th, 2006, 02:17
wow, nice crowd :(

anyway, it sounds like a card inside your computer is lose, or a cable. make sure everything is connected properly. if so, try clearing your msconfig file of all startup/non-microsoft proccesses

MrTeressaBond
June 24th, 2006, 03:06
everything was going fine, until this problem started.

even though all phones arent filtered, this problem did not occur until later on.

it gets realy annoying wen someone picks up the phone then the computer restarts just like that on front of ur face.

i have scanned the pc with both Webroot Spysweeper, Ad-Aware, and Norton AV 2005, with all up to date updates.

but still this problem happens. what do i do?

Eric
June 24th, 2006, 07:54
What kind of modem are you using. Never use Datec i believe thats the company they say it has been tested for WinXP and i used a dial up modem from them. The drivers aren responsive and end up crashing your PC. It was a USB modem.

Eric

yaustar
June 24th, 2006, 14:19
everything was going fine, until this problem started.

even though all phones arent filtered, this problem did not occur until later on.

it gets realy annoying wen someone picks up the phone then the computer restarts just like that on front of ur face.

i have scanned the pc with both Webroot Spysweeper, Ad-Aware, and Norton AV 2005, with all up to date updates.

but still this problem happens. what do i do?
Seriously that is very odd. It might be worth buying a one port ADSL router so you can connect via ethernet to a 'always on' connection. They are around £20.

edit: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/90977
It also has a hardware firewall. Up to you whether you want to buy a brand name router though.

MrTeressaBond
June 24th, 2006, 14:53
oh ok then. it is very odd indeed. and i am not prepared to restart the whole PC for this matter.

another alternate choice is to get that phone filtered, but the thing is, if i cant detect any problem on the computer for this, then how many are there that i dont know? even though i am using some good stuff.

it is a USB Modem by Speedtouch ADSL Modem. 8MB Broadband and getting raveged with many things.

anyone can help me? or can maybe know what is the problem perhaps?

Eric
June 24th, 2006, 19:52
It could be the modem it could be defected whatever company sold you this its probably best to return it back. Try fully restoring the PC and see how that goes and then try using the USB modem to see if that is causing your problem.

MrTeressaBond
June 25th, 2006, 10:46
well as i said, this problem didnt happen before.

my pc is in good shape as i do often scan it with those programs mentioned above. jsut slow as too many programs are on it.

maybe its because we've picked up the unfiltered phones one too many times, thus frustrating the pc where it would just restarts like that.

anyone? does that help abit?

randygland
June 25th, 2006, 12:52
a lot of new type cordless telephones interfere with broadband, and disconnect your internet.. i've never heard of pc reboots being a symptom of this.. you could have the sasser worm,, in which case find the cure at microsoft's website.

MrTeressaBond
June 25th, 2006, 14:21
i do not use a cordless phone.

i am kinda worried now as this seems to be a new thing now.

a sasser worm? what does that do by the way?