PDA

View Full Version : Beup v0.2 (MSN for Nintendo DS)

wraggster
June 24th, 2006, 05:09
kevinc (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?p=88737#88737) has posted a new release of his MSN Clone for the Nintendo DS:

Changelog: Lots
- Added support for sending / receiving user display pictures through MSNSLP
- Added support for sending / receiving INK gifs (not sure if works with official client, it does work with aMSN, kopete and others)
- Can handle now 302 Transfer in SSL auth (I think, if it doesn't, contact me)
- Added keyboard pressed key mask thingy a lot of people asked.
- Updated to devkitpro19
- Fixed bugs where some transaction ids were expected to be 1 char long
- Changed principal interface
- Can change now avatar / display name
- Fixed bug where would crash if disconnected while chatting
- Fixed bug where MSN would still consider you online / in some session even after closing (in my PC works fine, probably an error of socket closing of the lib)
- Fixed some stuff where a principal would create new tabs continuously because beup didn't recognize that it had left the one before
- Tabs now appear only after partner sends a message (so sessions used only for avatar exchange don't clutter the tab container)
- Added some sounds
- Tabs now use principal names instead of account
- Fixed chat tabs in general
- Changed button look
- Simplified principal synchronization (hope it crashes less now)
- Implemented composite glyphs for dstype (now can display accents / tildes / stuff)
- More other stuff that I can't remember.

Stuff still wrong:
- DHCP still fails sometimes (probably the lib, probably *I*'m using the lib in a wrong way)
- SSL still fails sometimes (tell me somebody is writing a native SSL lib for the DS...)
- WEP seems to crash regularly (can't check it since I don't use WEP)
- I probably should create an interface to update network config on beup itself, so people shouldn't rely on firmware / weird dhcp behavior.
- Still uses small keyboard (even though many have asked for a bigger one). Anybody knows where to get a simplistic keyboard bitmap that doesn't have dozens of shade effects?

All in all, I'm sorry for making you wait. I'll start working on .3 soon.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

MikeDX
June 24th, 2006, 13:49
This is looking very cool. Now I can chat on msn from all the free wifi spots :D

All we need is a slightly better keyboard, and impoved handwriting support, and it will be awesome.

Emoticons would be great too.
Nice work

boomer_jmoore
June 24th, 2006, 23:07
I downloaded the program to my DS HDD I got from Datel and it loads the program perfectly. The problem is is that I can't type on the keyboard on the bottom screen so I can log in. How do I fix this?

Gizmo356
June 24th, 2006, 23:42
very cool cant wait to try

Himura
June 25th, 2006, 21:19
I tried it extensively on my Supercard CF last night, and it worked flawlessly for me. Great job.

The Hombrew Hunter
June 25th, 2006, 22:34
Ho baby. All I need is to get that 512 MB CF card I got off ebay and then I can freakin' get mom to look at that damn m3 CF +Passcard 3... Then I can check out this sexy shit!

Edit: Woo 102nd post!

cloud_952
June 26th, 2006, 03:00
o_o Now, if only it'd work with WEP. I'd love to have MSN anywhere in the house, but I don't want to run an insecure network. >_> I guess it should be nice around the university, at least. But I won't be in classes till the fall.

Keep up the good work, though. =D It's quite awesome.

Brouhaha
June 27th, 2006, 01:21
No problems with WEP over here, everything is working great. This is a very impressive application so far. Keep it up!!!

The Hombrew Hunter
June 27th, 2006, 01:54
So it connects to the 'net? Sweet. Now if it only worked AIM...

Junixx
June 27th, 2006, 20:00
omfg this thing works great!, now we need a ventrilo client :D

saotome22
June 28th, 2006, 00:23
now how about the ICQ network please :) it would make my day. maybe you could port miranda or something

toucansam
June 28th, 2006, 05:12
how do i did it on my ds

scrabbus
June 29th, 2006, 15:15
I am having a little difficulty getting this to work on my M3 CF, hhmmmmm, what do I do?

thaive
June 30th, 2006, 06:35
the scribble darwing never seems to send to a user, all they get is a blank white sapce, atleast for me anyway

stepppp
June 30th, 2006, 16:23
Doesnt work here...cant type on the keyboard, and also mine says " cannot connect".

Anyone here whos got it going care to run us through it?

Cheers

superfrenzy
June 30th, 2006, 22:49
Our WiFi is both locked to MAC and WEP so for me it said no. I'll be tuning in for the next one though since I am an MSN head.

boomer_jmoore
July 1st, 2006, 00:37
Does anyone here know how I can log in on this program? it keeps saying that it can't find the user. It uploads perfectly fine and even says that I'm connected, but its just that I can't type nothing in the touch screen.

dave11674
July 4th, 2006, 17:20
i get the cant connect too
and also no typing on the keyboard

could something be wrong with my WEP on the DS ?

dave

Jonnyw2k
July 6th, 2006, 22:17
Hey i've started using this quite alot but occasionaly the DS will crash(or the program stops responding) and i have to restart the DS
Hardware: DS, Firmware: V7, Supercard CF, 512MB CF

EDIT:
If you want WEP testing then PM me and ill set up WEP on my router and test it

Atmoshuo
July 7th, 2006, 10:53
works perfectly on ds lite / m3 mini-sd / v22

using wireless router with 128-bit wep activated

Nestea80
July 9th, 2006, 16:41
At first, I got that problem where it didn't connect ... and I couldn't type on the keyboard. Then suddenly the problem went away. Not really sure why.

Now it works fine.

Ben_j
July 13th, 2006, 20:32
Works pretty great on my SC CF, but sometimes it would freeze... Also it took all my batteries in 10 minutes :s

faction
July 18th, 2006, 22:57
I get SSL connect failed.

Anyone? :(

lauraivp14
July 21st, 2006, 03:05
this is great! the only thing that bothers me is that the caps key doesnt work, and i wonder if you can use a custom avatar instead of the given ones? tried placing .jpg in root of cf card but no luck... hmmm

chriswyatt
July 21st, 2006, 14:49
Any support for the Nintendo WFC Adaptor?

Megas
July 25th, 2006, 10:10
I'm using a M3 MiniSD with Superkey and a Linksys WRT54G Wifi Router with no protection (WEP disabled).

I copy (without the game manager) the beup.ds.gba and the beup.nds files to the root directory of my 1GB Kingston MiniSD card. Unfortunately, on executing both files the DSL freezes while showing the user/password screen.

Any ideas about how could I enjoy this MSN for the DS?

Thank you very much from beforehand.

faction
July 25th, 2006, 14:43
Use the game manager?

Also, 0.3 was released: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10060&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=330

Megas
July 25th, 2006, 15:16
I've solved the problem entering manually (through Mario Kart) a fixed IP, a gateway,a subnet mask and a primary dns.

The Beup-chishm 0.3 also helped a lot. MSN now works flawlessly!!:D

ddabien
July 27th, 2006, 21:50
Someone can make a tutorial for the instalation

hazzabazza31
February 5th, 2008, 10:04
it says no connection wen im on a flippin wirlles computer at the time it says it

beautyamz
April 23rd, 2008, 19:39
do you need the internet broswer for this to work ?

camiKudu
February 19th, 2009, 15:36
thanks verry muuuch

techker
June 29th, 2009, 02:51
how to we install this?i have a new fresh one out of the box..

DusteR
June 29th, 2009, 12:52
the official site with the newest beup verion:
http://beup.supercard.fr/

Here you find a download which you have to place in the root of your card. You have to DLDI patch the .nds file.
Now start an official game with wifi options. Configure your router to your NDS. Now boot Beup and it will auto-connect with your router, now you can log in. :D