PDA

View Full Version : DS Opera Reviewed, Verdict - "Beautiful"

Mazza
June 24th, 2006, 13:32
As you probably know Nintendo are working with Opera to release a Web Browser for use on the Nintendo DS console. Some lucky guy called Jon got his hands on a prototype and wrote a full review of it and concludes with the sentence....

"All in all it would be safe to say that Nintendo and Opera have really hit it home with this combination of Hardware and Software innovation by providing the DS with an inexpensive, easy to use and beautiful product that anyone can afford."

The review is very positive and makes me wish they'd release it sooner in the UK but the browser will be on sale in Japan on July 24th for roughly £18 so if you can't wait you might want to import.

http://www.gameshout.com/images/news/opera2.jpg

The full review can be found on his blog named Orgs Tech Times Here (http://my.opera.com/organicchunkysalsa/blog/show.dml/309706)

yaustar
June 25th, 2006, 23:32
It definitely looks promising, I have Opera on my phone and does a fantastic job of displaying pages. I can't wait till I get my hands on this.

Video_freak
June 26th, 2006, 03:09
i hope it features flash support and stuff so that i dont need to update my psp :)

EDIT

well, i just found out that it doesn't have flash support :mad: (at least it has JavaScript)

mechanicalchildren
June 26th, 2006, 04:56
I really need to get that import. I didnt find it at lik-sang, what is the japanese name?

scorpei
June 26th, 2006, 15:37
I really need to get that import. I didnt find it at lik-sang, what is the japanese name?
I've told liksang about operaDS, but I get the feeling they won't sell it.

Quay Cur
June 26th, 2006, 15:52
So, if the browser uses a flash cart for Cache memory shouldn't you be able to run emulators and the like off of it? Or does it clear every time you turn the power off?

Has anyone found out what the flash cart's capacity is?

Junixx
June 26th, 2006, 22:38
Im pretty sure ive read on IGN or somewhere that it was a RAM expansion so it will just erase after you turn it off, but i cant remember reading anything about how big it is

gronne
June 27th, 2006, 18:09
It's going to be sweet! I'm pretty sure we'll get to use the stylus, to quickly and smoothly get around the pages. Too ****ing bad it didn't come before i wnet on my trip to Asia, as I'll prbably have less need for it now, but it'll be nice anyways!!