PDA

View Full Version : You have got to look at this psone emulator date

benh
June 24th, 2006, 15:07
I was reading that psp mag that has a playable demos disc inside it, when i got to near the back and I saw this - look at this pic you must look, it says what month the psone emulator is going to be released along with some other cool stuff

Picture attached, view via comments

mvtt
June 24th, 2006, 15:14
I wonder how much Sony is going to be charging for the PSone games. If anything above $10, thanks alot ... BTW, will i be able to rip my old PSone games ?

gavind
June 24th, 2006, 15:14
good to know, lets hope that we 1.5 users can find a way to use it.

samidgley
June 24th, 2006, 15:15
Wow, that's a bit interesting.. although dates do always gets shifted around

gavind
June 24th, 2006, 15:16
I wonder how much Sony is going to be charging for the PSone games. If anything above $10, thanks alot ... BTW, will i be able to rip my old PSone games ?

its been thought that they will modify games on the PS1, basically games will be remade for the PSP.

but i do hope this is wrong and that u can rip your own games

pimpjuice10
June 24th, 2006, 15:32
Wow, Lmao At "proud 2.70 User". 2.70 Is Useless. Im A Proud 2.60 User.

Gizmo356
June 24th, 2006, 15:36
cant wait

sroon
June 24th, 2006, 16:17
OH YAH here I cum Legend of Mana!!

Video_freak
June 24th, 2006, 16:18

ya, but does 2.6 have kernel access like 1.5? no. that in turn makes emulators and such slower. btw, i too hope 1.5 users manage to use this emulator and rip our own games to mem sticks :)

SSaxdude
June 24th, 2006, 16:19
No doubt that Sony will charge us for playing these games. Still not updating.

acn010
June 24th, 2006, 16:29
lol. its true, the new features will come random on release date. and the emu....i don't think is an emu, i think there just a remakes just for psp, for example, nintendo's super marios 1 2 3 are from NES remaded for the gameboy advance, so i think that there making that but on downloading way, and also of cousre we have to pay it

DarkworldPrince
June 24th, 2006, 16:40
acn010... its an emulator. not a remake. sony have confirmed this time and time again. you can't just shove a game in somewhere and out it'll pop for another console.

the old xbox games on the 360 is done by emulation.

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 16:44
as far as the psone emu is related
i think it will definately be either games released remade especially for psp

or emu and game eboots that come prepackaged as one file, in the E3 conference they booted Riiiiddgge Racers! (haha) straight from the game menu, there was no emulator startup screen...

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 24th, 2006, 17:24
Ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7
Ff7, 7,ff 7,ff ,ff7,f Ff7, Ff7
Ff7, F Ff7 Ff7, F7,ff F7, F7,ff ,ff7,ff7,ff7
Ff7, F7, F7, F7,f 7,ff7, 7,ff7,ff7 ,ff7
Ff7, F7,f 7 F7,f 7,ff7 F7,ff7,ff7 Ff7,ff7,ff7
Ff7, F7,ff , 7,f7, Ff7, 7,ff7,ff7,f 7,ff7,ff7
Ff7,ff7,ff F7,f ,ff7,ff ,ff7, Ff7
Ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,ff7,

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
June 24th, 2006, 17:35
nice

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 17:38
whats the point in double posting
ahhhh!!!!

i dont think ff7 needs to be mentioned, its been my dream for psp sicne the dawn of time(er last september)

YourStillWithMe
June 24th, 2006, 17:48
samidgley is 100% right on this one, not pumped damn it's good to have 2 psp's (evil grin) one for the updates (if sony isnt gay about pricing) and one for everlasting 1.50 homebrew!

nyrtrublue
June 24th, 2006, 17:58
no matter what the update remain loyal and dont give in just wait and u shall be rewarded who knows maybe something like dev hook can be made

samthegreat68
June 24th, 2006, 18:31
samidgley is 100% right on this one, not pumped damn it's good to have 2 psp's (evil grin) one for the updates (if sony isnt gay about pricing) and one for everlasting 1.50 homebrew!
same here! my bro sold me his for $150, and i have been stoked. waiting for something like this. so now i have 1.5 aswell as a 2.0

TEKKEN 3
Tony hawk 1
Crash Bandicoot
FF7

Dang. the memories...

Lumir
June 24th, 2006, 18:31
FF7
Jumping Flash 1 and 2
Resident Evil 1 and 2
Lunar Silver Star Story
FF8
Legend of Dragoon
Tekken 2

Those are just some of the games im hoping will work with the emu.

I also hope someone can get this to work on 1.5fw, if not someone make a ps1 emu, cuz the way i c it, if n64 can be emulated on psp so can ps1.

Paiku
June 24th, 2006, 18:40
I'll be upgrading for the sake of xenogears, also lunar and other top rpg's... wild arms

luis_05
June 24th, 2006, 18:57
yeah i guess the only downside is that we have more certainly we are gonna have to upgrade!! and that sucks cuz no more snes emus!! oh well like 4 months to save up for another psp!!!

shenske37
June 24th, 2006, 19:13
i will never update for any game or any emulator, even though the ps1 emulator has got me completely pumped! i love my current emulators far too much to give them up.

The time is getting closer to buy another psp. one psp for 1.5, another psp for the highest firmware.

jman420
June 24th, 2006, 19:14
we already knew that, all of that, that information was avalible far before it was even put in the magazine, but good news update for those that didnt see it before! :D

and shenske, finaly someone else from colorado!

acn010
June 24th, 2006, 19:14
acn010... its an emulator. not a remake. sony have confirmed this time and time again. you can't just shove a game in somewhere and out it'll pop for another console.

if it isn't a remake, then what is it then. buttons has to be fixed, graphic options has to be made for the screen ratio, saving mode, etc.
did you saw the loco roco demo, it may be like that, a game is probably an eboot, downloadable and ready to play.
i maybe wrong but its pretty reasonable what im saying

Lt-Razorworks
June 24th, 2006, 19:18
Legend of Dragoon

You would have to have 1 big ass memory stick to pull that off...

jman420
June 24th, 2006, 19:26

first off, "the old xbox games play on the 360 with an emulator" just a major grammar assist there...

and secondly!

Its sad to think that the games that were the highest quality(and are still damn good) are now called "old games" I say there is a line where people can call a game old, N64 and earlier is old, ps2 and up is new...

this 5th generation realy isnt that new-age, in fact all there is is the 360, and thats 400 wing-wangs, only retarded and super rich people get them lol...

so therefor, since 360 is the only curernt 5th generation system, I say that GameCube, PS2, and XBOX are still new games, since they are all there is, except 360, and even 360 only looks good on an HDTV, where as I have a computer that hauls, and still beats a 360 graphics wise lol...

Cloud_35
June 24th, 2006, 19:37
WTF :eek: ????????

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 19:49
i still play crash bandicoot all the time
i know it too well though did a quick completion(without all gems) in about an hour
naughty dog rule!!

what happened to PACMANFAN
is he alive!!!!!!

thanks to the u.p. chip if someone hosts the decrypted firmware files, we should just be able to load them into devhook and boot up the latest firmware, just need to get past the legality of hosting decrypted sony files...

Zephyroth_drgs
June 24th, 2006, 19:52
FF Tactics
FF 8
FF 7
Parasite eve
Bust a Groove xD
a gran turismo? at least, cuz sony doesnt seems to be interested in give out GT mobile for psp >=(

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 20:03
looks like this is turning into another one of those
where people aimlessly just list their favourite psone games....

(ha???)

Napalm-Death
June 24th, 2006, 20:08
If that's the case. I want MGS1 and MGS: VR Missions on my psp right now!!1

DarkworldPrince
June 24th, 2006, 20:09
Look. Some of you actually make me impatient.

The rest of you are utter idiots.

Firstly, an emulator does not need a frontend if it is done officially. Have any of you actually seen the video of it booting? The games DO NOT USE THE ENTIRE SCREEN!!!! Sony have officially tauted it as an emulator MANY times, and Jman, do not comment on my grammar when your SPELLING is not up to scratch.

Finally and Really are spelled thusly, not "finaly" and "realy", but no doubt you have an excuse for that.

Also, that part about the "old" xbox games was the most pointless and nitpicky thing I have ever read all month. The console is now a generation behind, so it can quite happily be referred to as old. just as I play my "old" gba games on my ds, and will play my "old" cube games on Wii, WHICH by the way will also be done by emulation, and I highly doubt nintendo will cake it with a frontend that states "gaymkoob emoolatur" like most of you so obviously need to take the hint.

Oh, and accordionboy, I think you're dead right about the UP being an ideal gateway to pinch the emu when sony release it. Glad someone on these boards actually knows what they're on about.

Kramer
June 24th, 2006, 20:13
a good game to have on psp would be the Syphon Filter series and In Cold Blood was a good game too.

dupp
June 24th, 2006, 20:19
Wow, Lmao At "I'm A Proud 2.60 User." 2.60 is usless I'm a proud 1.50, and Devhook user : )

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 20:29
Look. Some of you actually make me impatient.

The rest of you are utter idiots.

Firstly, an emulator does not need a frontend if it is done officially. Have any of you actually seen the video of it booting? The games DO NOT USE THE ENTIRE SCREEN!!!! Sony have officially tauted it as an emulator MANY times, and Jman, do not comment on my grammar when your SPELLING is not up to scratch.

Finally and Really are spelled thusly, not "finaly" and "realy", but no doubt you have an excuse for that.

Also, that part about the "old" xbox games was the most pointless and nitpicky thing I have ever read all month. The console is now a generation behind, so it can quite happily be referred to as old. just as I play my "old" gba games on my ds, and will play my "old" cube games on Wii, WHICH by the way will also be done by emulation, and I highly doubt nintendo will cake it with a frontend that states "gaymkoob emoolatur" like most of you so obviously need to take the hint.

Oh, and accordionboy, I think you're dead right about the UP being an ideal gateway to pinch the emu when sony release it. Glad someone on these boards actually knows what they're on about.

well...
thanks for the support?....

but if your going to flame everyone else, please go and chill out a bit, then apologise, there really was no need for that at all, your new so ill let you settle in a bit, but come on your not going to get respect for flaming everyone

unfortunately i suspect you will reply to this with a load of expletives which will just prove my point, and distance you further...

oh and were on a forum, not in an english exam(ive had enough of those lately) so grammar and spelling really does'nt* matter

(* thats a present for you...)

RemixUnlimited
June 24th, 2006, 20:40
FF7
Jumping Flash 1 and 2
Resident Evil 1 and 2
Lunar Silver Star Story
FF8
Legend of Dragoon
Tekken 2

Those are just some of the games im hoping will work with the emu.

I also hope someone can get this to work on 1.5fw, if not someone make a ps1 emu, cuz the way i c it, if n64 can be emulated on psp so can ps1.

It's Tekken 3 you ****ing dick head not Tekken 2.

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 20:45

what the hell is going on with all this flaming

maybe they prefer tekken 2
i like tekken 2 better than 3,

ahhhhhhh all this flaming
the world is evil

disturbed19
June 24th, 2006, 21:29
another thing besides price, i wonder how big the games will be? i wonder if they'll be compressed or modified to be smaller?

samthegreat68
June 24th, 2006, 21:32
I love TEKKEN 3!! TEKKEN 2 is good as well. But I assure anyone, I can take ya with Law or Eddie Gordo anytime!!! possibly with both hands tied behind my back.

Accordion
June 24th, 2006, 21:40
(off topic but oh well)

sure you would
anyone that uses eddy gordo is a newb who is very desperate

yoshimitsu all time best character
no one can take on yoshimitsu, or me

RemixUnlimited
June 24th, 2006, 22:37
what the hell is going on with all this flaming

maybe they prefer tekken 2
i like tekken 2 better than 3,

ahhhhhhh all this flaming
the world is evil

Thay have yet to say if Tekken 2 is going to be emulated as far as I know.

I could.

jimjamjahaa
June 24th, 2006, 23:03
(off topic but oh well)

sure you would
anyone that uses eddy gordo is a newb who is very desperate

respect!

it was yoshi and hwoarang for me in tekken tag (which is clearly the best tekken)

u jes gotta love yoshis grab-from-behind grab. ridiculously powerful

charltonheston
June 24th, 2006, 23:57
Sorry but isn't the PSP the most useless piece of crap ever when it comes to playing Tekken/Street Fighter type games because of its over responsive analogue stick and the flawed design of the cross pad??

Parapa the Rapper will be one that I'll be gunning for - why he hasn't made an appearance on the PSP is absolutely crazy. The PSP needs games like that and loco rococo to give it a sense of fun. Forgive me if I'm sounding like a heretic but the DS has heaps of fun games - no wonder it's outselling the PSP.

With regard to the unofficial PS1 emulator - would it be a good idea for there to be a competition between all programmers out there to create the emulator - with the winning programmer being given a decentish prize such as a 4GB Sandisk Memory stick (possibly sponsored by Lik Sang etc). I'd much rather have an unofficial emulator that I could use ISOs on than one which stops me from using homebrew and charges me each time I want to play old games.

neoalucard
June 25th, 2006, 00:13
Forgive me if I'm sounding like a heretic but the DS has heaps of fun games - no wonder it's outselling the PSP.
I agree DS is an amazing system and anyone who says otherwise is a pure fanboy or has never actually played any games for it.

by the way... the best psx game is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.. admit it... no other games come close..

Addictedd
June 25th, 2006, 00:15
no point getting hopes up, it doesn't specifically say PSOne emulator =]

Valiant
June 25th, 2006, 00:37
Yeah an "emulator" would be really nice in case of certain games not being sold (It is probably blatant that sony will not resell all the psx games...hence no hope for some of the foreign classics that I once enjoyed...i.e Super Robot Taisen F, F Final, etc...heck even Persona II innocent sin.) So yes, I am somewhat excited for the popular games will most likely be rereleased (wishing for FF Tactics now THAT would be hot...same with Persona II (american version)). Though...I lost hope for pacmanfan so I cheerfully welcome this new emulator or whatever...(hopefully there will be a way for me to keep my 1.5 firmware)

Lumir
June 25th, 2006, 00:53
You would have to have 1 big ass memory stick to pull that off...

1 disc at a time my friend, 1 disc at a time. 1 disc should be around 700mbs.

Who the F$#k are you? And what the fugz is your problem. I perfer tekken 2 over 3 end of story.

drEDN4wt
June 25th, 2006, 01:10
What mag?

judas_coach
June 25th, 2006, 01:31
Holy Christ, how big will the files be (if there are any) for 4 DISC games like Final Fantasy 8?

EDIT: wait, if I passed second grade maths it should be around 2Gigs/2100 megabytes.

ArugulaZ
June 25th, 2006, 01:35
Oct-freaking-tober? Way to go, Sony. Where's the number for the nearest GP2X dealer?

JR

dupp
June 25th, 2006, 01:50

could be but most times it isnt... like in the DC discs being 1.2gig? but mr driller game being 9mb, also a lot of games only being 100-190mb. i dont understand tho is if psp is a portable ps2, and psn plays ps1 games with no mods, why isnt there an iso loader we could load ps1 games with?

gsmumbo
June 25th, 2006, 01:53
u know, sony is getting exactly what they want... money. everyone keeps saying that they are only hurting themselves by not allowing homebrew yet look. people are buying one psp for homebrew(theres money for sony) and buying another for updates(theres double the money they earn) plus they get money for each rom u download(more money) plus the older games(for the old psp) and the newer games(for the new psp). loads and loads of money...

judas_coach
June 25th, 2006, 02:09
man i really don't understand people who post negative things about Sony on these forums. just remember, you fueled the fire by forking out $400 AUD for that PSP of yours.

dupp
June 25th, 2006, 02:17
man i really don't understand people who post negative things about Sony on these forums. just remember, you fueled the fire by forking out $400 AUD for that PSP of yours.
wow, u on rocks? my 2.0 psp was 220$ with 1gig stick, gta , dvd xcopy, and some poker game:)

judas_coach
June 25th, 2006, 02:19
thats AUD. Australian dollars. that was the launch price.

Squidman
June 25th, 2006, 02:53
Sweet all mi PSX games on teh PSP....this is going to be awsome.....only prob is the fact that we'll have to use a FW update to play them, unless a coder were to have fun messing with it! :D

sroon
June 25th, 2006, 03:11
Hey Wreggy? what was on the disk?

ACID
June 25th, 2006, 03:52
i have 1.0 psp & 1.50 psp and still will not upgrade to be able to play psx games. To meni talented coders in this web and i bet like always the fast release will leave something behind that they can catch on.

ACID
June 25th, 2006, 03:55

dude are you a sony rep. it sounds like it. Or your just full of money willing to pay for every release sony makes.
First sony isnt loosing monie from the emulators thats not what there trying to stop. is the ripping umd games and playing them with out having the original.

yaustar
June 25th, 2006, 03:58
Oct-freaking-tober? Way to go, Sony. Where's the number for the nearest GP2X dealer?

JR
Where do you live?

aaroncort
June 25th, 2006, 04:00
i wonder how sony plans of preventing piracy of these games. Why couldn't we just take the files off of our memory cards and create torrents of them? I also wonder if it will be possible to create a loader for them so they can be played on a 1.5.

yaustar
June 25th, 2006, 04:02
Drm

Mysteryman
June 25th, 2006, 04:07
Similiar to how apple wont let you rip music off ur ipods.

Video_freak
June 25th, 2006, 04:51
u know, sony is getting exactly what they want... money. everyone keeps saying that they are only hurting themselves by not allowing homebrew yet look. people are buying one psp for homebrew(theres money for sony) and buying another for updates(theres double the money they earn) plus they get money for each rom u download(more money) plus the older games(for the old psp) and the newer games(for the new psp). loads and loads of money...

um sony usually looses money or breaks even on harware sales. also, rom sites dont pay sony for downloads. there aren't any REALLY good games for the psp. so sony isn't making that much money right now...

notaforumtroll
June 25th, 2006, 05:19
um sony usually looses money or breaks even on harware sales. also, rom sites dont pay sony for downloads. there aren't any REALLY good games for the psp. so sony isn't making that much money right now...

EXACTLY, these companies hardly BREAK EVEN on hardware. If 9/10 of these forums trolls werent retards and knew how to research and read things properly there would only be 1 page to this thread.

Playing backed up ISO'S is fun and all to try games out and what not, but i still believe you should SUPPORT THE GAMES YOU LIKE.
UMD Movies for example. Retarded idea, no one bought into them, now movie studios HARDLY release them.
UMD games..If everyone goes ISO LOADER and stops SUPPORTING their favorite titles, they are gonna end up in the same boat.

I will be the first to agree some titles arent worth buying, but some are.

So stop getting your panties in a bunch about something that isnt out until october you retard "omgplzhelpmegetmyisoloaderworking " Fanboys.

acn010
June 25th, 2006, 05:47
EXACTLY, these companies hardly BREAK EVEN on hardware. If 9/10 of these forums trolls werent retards and knew how to research and read things properly there would only be 1 page to this thread.

Playing backed up ISO'S is fun and all to try games out and what not, but i still believe you should SUPPORT THE GAMES YOU LIKE.
UMD Movies for example. Retarded idea, no one bought into them, now movie studios HARDLY release them.
UMD games..If everyone goes ISO LOADER and stops SUPPORTING their favorite titles, they are gonna end up in the same boat.

I will be the first to agree some titles arent worth buying, but some are.

So stop getting your panties in a bunch about something that isnt out until october you retard "omgplzhelpmegetmyisoloaderworking " Fanboys.

harsh....
well for me, the games are gonna be in eboots such as loco roco demo and other upcoming titles to downolad on their "download station" site, downloading directly to the psp (like now the nintendo DS does) or computer.
and sorry to write this but (ITS AN EXAMPLE, and i dont want to mention what program is or related), theres a program that had shrink PSP I$O's from 700MB to around 70 - 80MB size and still maintaning the same quality, so Sony has a way to shrink mostly all the games from 600MB into around 70- 80 MB and probably even better graphics than PSX itself.
and games can be playable under games on psp main menu

jman420
June 25th, 2006, 06:08
just out of entertainment, I figured I should just say this, its a quote from another DCEmu user's sig..

"Thats right, I cant spell, SHUT THE HELL UP!"

I honestly doont kare aboot how bhadly I shpell, its just not that worth it to call anyone an idiot because I dont add 2 L's to really and fnally, its just so much easier to spell with 1 single "L" and either way, you can understand it just fine with 1 "L" so shaddap!

and the xbox thing, it just bothers me how people cast away video game systems just because a newer one has come out, granted the new systems can get better in some fields, but I think that often times the "Old" systems are equaly genius in the way that, it was at one time the best, and nothing was better..

now it could have been nit-picky, it could have seemed like I was arguing with the guy, but thats not what I was going for, I was simply stating a dislike of how people (not everyone) just dont like games because there is a newer one out.

I.e. The other day, I was playing Halo 2 on XBOX Live, and some kid said that Halo 3 was going to be better just because it was on XBOX 360.. But the kid never even played the original Halo, not once.. and I'm still going to say that Halo was the best of either of the Halo games, and I can only imagine that Halo 3 is going to be even more pathetic then Halo 2..

well, I dunno maybe I'm being more nit-picky, but I dont think that guy isnt going to even read this thread again, so for everyone else, I'm not trying to flame, I'm just leaving a reminder that spelling sucks, and so does syndicating "old" video games..

And if the Sony PS1 emulator will have Final Fantasy 8 as an option for download, with faster sprite loading times and higher resolution rendering, I would buy another psp just for that..

Mr. Shizzy
June 25th, 2006, 06:08
If the PS1 emu is released in October, I would be willing to bet it will be running on 1.5 by christmas.

mog
June 25th, 2006, 06:41
If the PS1 emu is released in October, I would be willing to bet it will be running on 1.5 by christmas.
lol, the way UP is looking, I will hopefully be playing it with my 1.0 psp in october anyway :)

anyway, whats with all the old news?

acn010
June 25th, 2006, 06:57
the question is: "IS IT REALLY A PSP EMULATOR BY THEM?" OR IS IT LIKE THE DOWNLOADABLE DEMOS SUCH AS LOCO ROCOAS AN EBOOT?

benn
June 25th, 2006, 07:10
why would Sony, after all this time fighting homebrew etc, make a killer emu that people could play their own ripped titles on? of course you will not be able to rip and play your own PS1 back catalogue! they intent to make their money from the software sales so expect each game to have specific issues. expect the emulator to only specific files. personallhy i would prefer a homebrew PS1 emu any day as it will probably have more features

crossfadeking
June 25th, 2006, 08:23
do you think that sony will find a way of letting us play our own versions of psone games. by this i mean backup our own games so we dont have to pay for the ones we already have?
i think that would only be fair.

judas_coach
June 25th, 2006, 08:28
dude are you a sony rep. it sounds like it. Or your just full of money willing to pay for every release sony makes.
First sony isnt loosing monie from the emulators thats not what there trying to stop. is the ripping umd games and playing them with out having the original.
Sony isn't trying to stop anything. if more people bought PSP's just to play homebrew, it would be positive for buisness. just like how people bought GTA:LCS just for the CheatDevice. And yes, i am a sony sales rep.

jman420
June 25th, 2006, 09:11
then, can you tell sony they need to get on the ball with a size limiter for unsigned homebrew programs, if there was a limit for the size of a file on the psp, there would be no ISO loading, and people could run the smaller applications for homebrew games and emulators for other systems..

I think that it is possible for sony to make a size limit for files put on the mem stick, while still allowing large size files that are signed to run on psp (PS1 games, and movie files changed to MP4 using a special sony software to sign it (of course it has to be free to download, not like that changer they made before where you had to pay 30 bucks to make an MP4 for psp...))

it just seems like that would solve a lot of problems for homebrew ISO loaders, and still keep sony on top for its homeberw applications..

everyone I know has a 1.5 psp with emulators and a few 1.5-2.0 games, only a strange few buy a psp for sony's UMD games, sometimes they buy that and its all they can do though, thats why the GTA:LCS sales went up, because people couldnt buy 1.0-2.0 systems anymore..

I say sony needs to allow homebrew, if they did, they could get a whole lot more money back from a lot of gamers. If I had the ability to play UMD games along with homebrew, I would.. however I have not bought a UMD game since I got my psp a year ago.. because I have to pick, so that right there is costing sony, because I am not alone, most people with 1.0-2.0 only have the games they can play on 1.5 or with a UMD loader..

not everyone is a game pirate, not everyone wants to rip off sony, but a lot of the time an ISO can be played on 1.5 and the UMD cant, so people would just download the ISO since they cant play the accual game... however like I said, if people *COULD* use the UMD they would probobly buy it, and not pirate it.

I understand your a sales rep, and I dont know if you can talk to someone high up the corperate ladder, but it would be cool if somehow my idea could get relayed..

Night-Wolf
June 25th, 2006, 09:34
then, can you tell sony they need to get on the ball with a size limiter for unsigned homebrew programs, if there was a limit for the size of a file on the psp, there would be no ISO loading, and people could run the smaller applications for homebrew games and emulators for other systems..

I think that it is possible for sony to make a size limit for files put on the mem stick, while still allowing large size files that are signed to run on psp (PS1 games, and movie files changed to MP4 using a special sony software to sign it (of course it has to be free to download, not like that changer they made before where you had to pay 30 bucks to make an MP4 for psp...))

it just seems like that would solve a lot of problems for homebrew ISO loaders, and still keep sony on top for its homeberw applications..

everyone I know has a 1.5 psp with emulators and a few 1.5-2.0 games, only a strange few buy a psp for sony's UMD games, sometimes they buy that and its all they can do though, thats why the GTA:LCS sales went up, because people couldnt buy 1.0-2.0 systems anymore..

I say sony needs to allow homebrew, if they did, they could get a whole lot more money back from a lot of gamers, if I had the ability to play UMD games along with homebrew, I would.. however I have not bought a UMD game since I got my psp a year ago.. because I have to pick, so that right there is costing sony, because I am not alone, most people with 1.0-2.0 only have the games they can play on 1.5 or with a UMD loader..

not everyone is a game pirate, not everyone wants to rip off sony, but a lot of the time an ISO can be played on 1.5 and the UMD cant, so people would just download the ISO since they cant play the accual game... however like I said, if people *COULD* use the UMD they would probobly buy it, and not pirate it.

I understand your a sales rep, and I dont know if you can talk to someone high up the corperate ladder, but it would be cool if somehow my idea could get relayed..

I totally agree, I also have a 1.5 PSP and there's a lot of games that I would buy but since they don't work on 1.5 I rather stick to my great homebrew and emulators collection instead of upgrading. It would be really great if Sony allowed homebrew with no restrictions as long as if they weren't iso loaders.

benn
June 25th, 2006, 09:56
I totally agree, I also have a 1.5 PSP and there's a lot of games that I would buy but since they don't work on 1.5 I rather stick to my great homebrew and emulators collection instead of upgrading. It would be really great if Sony allowed homebrew with no restrictions as long as if they weren't iso loaders.

agree with both.
i now dont need to write eveything that i was going to - because you guys have it covered.
all i can say in conclusion is... agree.:D

Accordion
June 25th, 2006, 10:40
i would consider updating if they met us half way and enabled user mode homebrew to be run from the menu
lots of games do work on 1.50, use devhook, and then just run the umds, some 2.60 games work as well(even though it emulates 2.5) euro socom works, im so happy, i wonder if katamari will work

i still highly doubt that sony will ever condone emulators, though its too risky for them

judas_coach
June 25th, 2006, 10:50
As most of you have probably seen, the slideshow that stated all this stuff clearly said PSOne Emulator. but you have to think that this was done in japan where their english sucks. judging by bootable demos and whatnot id say there might be a bootable program ('emulator') that will start up your PSOne games from within the program. emulator was just a term used to describe what it does, i think. i doubt the games will be ISO's.

Tomppa
June 25th, 2006, 11:39
I'm too lazy to quote now, I've read the whole thread and now I have to make an ass post.

"file size limit", how about splitting files?

"program that makes psp games from 700mb to 60-70mb" I really dont know about that, but has ANYONE here EVER tried compressing PSone games? Example: MGS1 ~~700mb --> ZIP, 89MB. Of coursee, I'm not saying "Sony will make a zip factory and put all theyre games there", but even with such basic compression method, such big results. I think it works that good because:
Psone didn't have the power to uncompress stuff on the fly, so; Uncompressed textures, uncompressed mpeg based cutscenes(far as I know, Please correct me if I'm wrong) and often used CDA(=WAV) Music
So, with little more complex and advanced compression methods, on a 1gb stick there might be more than one disc :)
Why I think this doesn't work so well on PSP games? Compressed textures, MP4/AVC cutscenes and slow media makes it more likely to the game developers to make less data to load for it to load quicker.

Oh and I also think, texture filtering could be used? that would make the games look nicer too :)

Please read before commenting: Lot of words THINK included. At those point, my knowledge might have run out.
I am an asshole, ok?
Both my grammar and spelling are horrible.

judas_coach
June 25th, 2006, 11:58
you dont sound like an asshole. just someone with ideas. jeez

killachav
June 25th, 2006, 12:14
If we are allowed to rip our own i am going to bash my head agaibnst a wall several times sold all my stuff incluiding a little psone screen for like £160 although i did keep the classic psone tittles of course

Jonesey
June 25th, 2006, 12:51
I bet THRILL KILL http://www.gamestats.com/objects/003/003823/index.html#reviews won't be in that list of downloadable PS1 games for emulation! :D

r03n_d
June 25th, 2006, 13:03
I was reading that psp mag that has a playable demos disc inside it, when i got to near the back and I saw this - look at this pic you must look, it says what month the psone emulator is going to be released along with some other cool stuff

Picture attached, view via comments

wich magazine??

the one and only
June 25th, 2006, 13:17
lol good point ro3n, anyways e3 got me all excited about riiiiiiiiiiiidge racer, and soon i hope to be attacking weak points for massive damage :D anyways there goes my fun im gonna go back to my update on wii coz stupid firefox seems to thing i dont deserve to have the internet for extended period of times

if any1 has found my pucntcuavtion please send themm to me

Hiei311
June 25th, 2006, 13:24
OHHHH YEAH BABY HERE I COME!!!!

Resident Evil 1-3 and Survior
FF7-FF8
Silent Hill
Doom
Parasite Eve 1-2
Legend of Dragoon...grr i have lots more

ok sony will make u pay but i heard from othe fourms that its gonna be like 15$ a game. u cant rip ur game's piroed, the psone games on psp has remaped the contalers and maby fixed the grapics alittle. and u can back up your game u bought from them just drag it out of ur folder on to ur computer and then if u have a cd burner burn it on cd then keep the cd safe.....in a few monthes later bittorents will be realsed lol

Voltron
June 25th, 2006, 14:14
Wow, Lmao At "I'm A Proud 2.60 User." 2.60 is usless I'm a proud 1.50, and Devhook user : )

I'll have to second that. But its not 2.60 PSP owners' fault. Unless they intentionally upgraded from 1.50 (terrible tragedy)

I agree DS is an amazing system and anyone who says otherwise is a pure fanboy or has never actually played any games for it.

The DS is quite cool but never steered my attention away from the PSP. The original DS just sits collecting Dust. The new DS Lite looks sexy though. I'll get one of those. Also, an interesting turnaround, DS Games seem to be getting worse, while PSP games are getting better and better.

No, Sony will no doubt have proprietary compression methods to shrink & scale down PS1 games to easily fit onto memory cards. Its similar to how a PS2 game could be around 3-4 GB but the PSP version is 1GB or less. A PS1 game that is 500MB will probably only be around 50MB on the PSP once scaled down.

harsh....
well for me, the games are gonna be in eboots such as loco roco demo and other upcoming titles to downolad on their "download station" site, downloading directly to the psp (like now the nintendo DS does) or computer.
and sorry to write this but (ITS AN EXAMPLE, and i dont want to mention what program is or related), theres a program that had shrink PSP I$O's from 700MB to around 70 - 80MB size and still maintaning the same quality, so Sony has a way to shrink mostly all the games from 600MB into around 70- 80 MB and probably even better graphics than PSX itself.
and games can be playable under games on psp main menu

I couldn't have said it better. Everything you said in that post is very likely.

Where there is a 1.50 there is a way... If anything has been "consistent" in the PSP scene, it is that more and more stuff is capable on 1.50 PSP's over time and due to the very talented coders working hard for us. Whether it is done through firmware emulation, an exploit, or the UP mod chip, I am confident that my little 1.50 PSP will stand its own with the 3.0 firmware PSP's and be able to do as much and even MORE than what a 3.0 PSP can. As it stands now, DevHook lets 1.50 PSP's turn into fully functional 2.50 PSP's. SO I am excited for the future.

then, can you tell sony they need to get on the ball with a size limiter for unsigned homebrew programs, if there was a limit for the size of a file on the psp, there would be no ISO loading.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

::My weird PSOne pick::
Sure there are the obvious stellar games for the PSOne, but I want to be able to play XCOM: UFO DEFENSE. I had that game for PSOne and it was so fun and addicting. Also VERY challenging. Nothing more satisfying than capturing those little Alien Motherfu**ers alive to elicit intelligence. Also using their craft & weapons to develop advanced technology for my own army was kick ass. By no means was the game technologically superior in terms of graphics or sound. But its lasting appeal and addictiveness made up for it. I'd love to play this game again on the PSP or I would love a re-make with enhanced visuals.

yaustar
June 25th, 2006, 14:41
Sony isn't trying to stop anything. if more people bought PSP's just to play homebrew, it would be positive for buisness. just like how people bought GTA:LCS just for the CheatDevice. And yes, i am a sony sales rep.
I agree to an extent. SOny just simply don't care about the homebrew. The more people that buy PSPs just for homebrew, the more money they lose. They make all their profit from the sale of games.

Bear_XI
June 25th, 2006, 15:31
I bet booster is gonna find a way to make it work on 1.50 Via DevHook.

This look pretty good i will shurly play legend of dragon

acn010
June 25th, 2006, 16:29
and i just remeber that some games needs dual analog sticks, and the pressing on them thingy too.
such games like ape escape,
i don't think that there gonna publish such games :(

flamingwolf
June 25th, 2006, 16:31
omg this is gunna be great if booster gets this to work on devhook! anyways, i am really looking forward to this one game bushido blade 2. that was my fav game, the graphics sucked but it was challenging and it was fun!

jman420
June 25th, 2006, 19:30
. . . some people agree with my idea, some people dont, fair enough.. but with a file size limit, people could put signed media (movies, music, PS1 games) on their memory stick(any size) and unsigned code (up to say, 5 MB) and this would limit the ability of large format ISO loading..

its never going to happen though, Sony has picked their side, and they arent going to allow homebrew ever.. but it sure would be boss if they did..

Accordion
June 25th, 2006, 19:45
jman420, how big is your RE2 game going to be,

5mb is very harsh, no more IRshell....noooooooooooo
actually, most of the homebrew on my psp is more than 5mb, thats crazy

Chauncey
June 25th, 2006, 20:17
**** Yea

Voltron
June 25th, 2006, 21:14
. . . some people agree with my idea, some people dont, fair enough.. but with a file size limit, people could put signed media (movies, music, PS1 games) on their memory stick(any size) and unsigned code (up to say, 5 MB) and this would limit the ability of large format ISO loading..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Oh please god NO!

Anyway, what about ROMs that are larger than 5MB? A 5mb limit or any size rather, would be just that. A limitation. The PSP is better off limitless.

shrimpidy
June 25th, 2006, 23:31
I had the idea that these downloads would be free. But then whats the point of creating these downloads if they don't make any money. Free downloads would increase the popularity of the PSP and would attract even more users than it already has.

mavsman4457
June 26th, 2006, 00:34
Well when the downloads cost money there will be people, more than just the ISOers, that will download the games for free. Some people will feel that since they own the actual game for PS1 then they can download it for the PSP emulator. For the record I haven't taken a stance on this and I would like to know what you guys think and what wraggster thinks.

vettacossx
June 26th, 2006, 01:15
this makes perfect sense with the fact that the october FW release open MEM BOOT feature to play the downloadable ps1 games !!! FF7 here i come ;)

judas_coach
June 26th, 2006, 01:36
May God have mercy on the poor souls that still have 32MB Mem Sticks.

tophead420
June 26th, 2006, 03:07
ya, but does 2.6 have kernel access like 1.5? no. that in turn makes emulators and such slower. btw, i too hope 1.5 users manage to use this emulator and rip our own games to mem sticks :)

well that is true but wen this psone emu comes out good luck usieng it on your 1.5 buddy and im proud to be a 2.6 user and soon il have another psp wich WILL be 2.7 bc im got a feeln this emu will need an up to date firmware and if i dont have antha psp by then well all i got to say is good bye homebrew and HEEEELLLOOOO psone emu

grin.ch
June 26th, 2006, 03:12
@ samidgley:

You're dang right dates get shifted around. Look at GT Mobile for PSP. That was supposed to be a LAUNCH title. pfffft....

judas_coach
June 26th, 2006, 03:29
People are getting all bothered over a PSOne emulator with games we played about 6 years ago, and homebrew with games we played God knows how long ago. personally I'm looking forward to the future; PS3 compatibility baby!

jman420
June 26th, 2006, 05:55
well, since all the people that havent liked my ideas seem to be narrow minded fools, I'll clear it up..

for the time being, there is not a lot playable on 2.71 F/W.. in fact come to think about it, there isnt anything on 2.7, so therefor, the people with 2.7-2.71 dont get any homebrew at all, none, now.. my RE project will be huge, just the Police Department is a 5MB file, (however, since all files are seperate on the memory stick, there is not 1 file that will be over 5MB, total it could be 200MB, but it would be 50 4MB files...) but thats not an issue for 2.71 PSP users, see because they're SOL and cant play anything but Sony games..

now, for the people that have 1.0, 1.5, 1.51, 1.52, and 2.00, they can use 1.5 to have their "limitless" usage of emulators, and ISO's however for people that have 2.7 like I said, they have nothing...

now I think that if 3.00 had "limitless" memorystick usage along with kernel processor usage, there would be ISO loaders for PSP games on it..

however, there wont be.. there will be the most incredible "limit" on there, see because the system will not play homebrew, it doesent mater if its 5MB or less, its not playing anything at all..

so if you ask me, a file limit size still allows for legal homebrew games, as well as emulators for games (probobly not N64 or newer though)

I dont see why there is arguement for my idea, its a damn lot better then sony's original one (to end all homebrew on 1.5 and up)

Voltron
June 26th, 2006, 05:59
well that is true but wen this psone emu comes out good luck usieng it on your 1.5 buddy and im proud to be a 2.6. All i got to say is good bye homebrew and HEEEELLLOOOO psone emu

You seem lost my friend. Come back to the light. Also, make a mental note of that statement because I bet the future will prove you wrong. So much can now be done on 1.50 that nobody ever thought would be possible. So 5 months down the road you honestly think there won't be a way for my 1.50 PSP? And with the incredible and almost endless wealth of homebrew coupled with the benefits of 1.50 firmware, you think that is all worth giving up for just a PSOne Emu? I understand you do not currently own a 1.50 PSP. If you did and knew how to fully utilize it, you'd change your mind. Good thing for you that the mod chip should be able to bring you back to homebrew heaven.

I had the idea that these downloads would be free. But then whats the point of creating these downloads if they don't make any money. Free downloads would increase the popularity of the PSP and would attract even more users than it already has.

They certainly won't be free. While it would surely generate attention, the PSP has already established a pretty good chunk of the gaming market. They will probably lower the price of the PSP. But just like with game sales, these PSOne "downloads" will be another important $$ generator. So with a price drop and a PSOne EMU right around the holidays, the PSP might be able to finally gain some ground against the Nintendo DS.

acn010
June 26th, 2006, 06:08
well, since all the people that havent liked my ideas seem to be narrow minded fools, I'll clear it up..

for the time being, there is not a lot playable on 2.71 F/W.. in fact come to think about it, there isnt anything on 2.7, so therefor, the people with 2.7-2.71 dont get any homebrew at all, none, now.. my RE project will be huge, just the Police Department is a 5MB file, (however, since all files are seperate on the memory stick, there is not 1 file that will be over 5MB, total it could be 200MB, but it would be 50 4MB files...) but thats not an issue for 2.71 PSP users, see because they're SOL and cant play anything but Sony games..

now, for the people that have 1.0, 1.5, 1.51, 1.52, and 2.00, they can use 1.5 to have their "limitless" usage of emulators, and ISO's however for people that have 2.7 like I said, they have nothing...

now I think that if 3.00 had "limitless" memorystick usage along with kernel processor usage, there would be ISO loaders for PSP games on it..

however, there wont be.. there will be the most incredible "limit" on there, see because the system will not play homebrew, it doesent mater if its 5MB or less, its not playing anything at all..

so if you ask me, a file limit size still allows for legal homebrew games, as well as emulators for games (probobly not N64 or newer though)

I dont see why there is arguement for my idea, its a damn lot better then sony's original one (to end all homebrew on 1.5 and up)
i agree with your idea :)

RedKing14CA
June 26th, 2006, 06:57
the new evenscence cd comes out october...

RedKing14CA
June 26th, 2006, 07:01
p.s. if the psp go's down to 149.99.. who in their right mind would buy a DS?

acn010
June 26th, 2006, 08:24
p.s. if the psp go's down to 149.99.. who in their right mind would buy a DS?
the DS cost 120.00 dollars now. ill still prefer the DS

whitey75
June 26th, 2006, 12:10
Maybe ur at the wrong site then acn ;P

benn
June 26th, 2006, 12:23
i thikn the biggest problem with PSP is that there is no games to make it worth leaving homebrew behind or buying second machine. i mean really, what stand out titles have there been?
my most played PSP games are from laucnh - Lumines, Wipe Out, etc.
i mean WTF ever happened to GT mobile?????

yamaneko
June 26th, 2006, 12:33
Chrono Cross is coming !!!

mr_nick666
June 26th, 2006, 12:50

I agree also! ;)

the DS cost 120.00 dollars now. ill still prefer the DS

DS is an acronym for Dog Sh*t :D (lol! - Love your PSP!) :rolleyes:

ShinKaze
June 26th, 2006, 14:43
hope Sony will release a program that can rip games off from original discs.

benn
June 26th, 2006, 15:00

you are living in such a dream world.
give it up now bro. no hope with that one. why would they release something like that?
it would bring ther PS1 second hand trade back to life - something they would not gain a cent from doing.
OR
they could charge you a token fee for each game. $5 a game. this would be fantastic.
OR
being Sony they will charge you a little less than a UMD $19.95? per game. then they will wonder why loads of people aren't buying the PS1 games when their research showed everyone was interested!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

tsurumaru
June 26th, 2006, 15:00

Edit LOL beat me to it benn ;)

You can already easily make back up ISO's of your original discs, its highly unlikely that Sony will allow the use of these ISO's though considering how much financial pressure they are under, its just not a good business model. We can live in hope though eh?

Additionally probably what Sony will do is sign the "official" game images with their encryption signature so that only the downloadable (and presumably paid for) images will be able to be played by the emulator. It would be nice though if you only had to pay for the emulator and you could then play your own backups.

mauro2029
June 26th, 2006, 16:25
Someone should just port pcsx to the psp. Make it similar to how pcsxbox is, where you load a .bin image. That's it.

I think that is very doable, someone with the skills should get on it.

Accordion
June 26th, 2006, 18:08
haha mauro2029 go ahead
if only it were that simple...

it is quite apparent that the games will be downloadable eboots which run straight from the XMB
they are remade/reformatted games which will run native on the psp

if you look at the picture on page 1 of this thread it clearly states "PSone downloads". i got the mag today, demos work with devhook, and there is a bit of publicity for my favourite "band" The Knife
they cut deep...haha

benn
June 26th, 2006, 18:21
Edit LOL beat me to it benn ;)

You can already easily make back up ISO's of your original discs, its highly unlikely that Sony will allow the use of these ISO's though considering how much financial pressure they are under, its just not a good business model. We can live in hope though eh?

Additionally probably what Sony will do is sign the "official" game images with their encryption signature so that only the downloadable (and presumably paid for) images will be able to be played by the emulator. It would be nice though if you only had to pay for the emulator and you could then play your own backups.

sorry bro but y'all gotta be faster ;)
yeah, i dont think it will be an emu as such. i think each game will be a stand alone version. specific for psp that although it runs on a general emu model, this will be bured within the download - so each game will essentially be its own emulation.

i would love the PS1 homebrew emu to kick in like mauro but it aint gonna happen. monkey was leaving it cos someone else was on it and they backed off because it was too hard for them. monkey is busy with N64 and Iris. it is a real shame as IMHO PS1 kicks N64 for games. i mean FF7 and FFT are 2 all time best games in my books. and its not to bad. i have extracted FF8 and it weighs in under 2 GB - and that is a BIG game. so definately could work - albeit with 1 game on your whole memstick at a time!:eek:

Hockey0099
June 26th, 2006, 21:02
All u 1.5 users have got Emulators so u don't deserve to get psone games as well, choose one or the other, u guys are so greedy

I'm a 2.71 user kinda wishing i chose emulators over demos

Hockey0099
June 26th, 2006, 21:03
Does anyone know how to get emulators on firmware 2.71 i would greatly appreciate it

mr_nick666
June 26th, 2006, 21:36
Does anyone know how to get emulators on firmware 2.71 i would greatly appreciate it

Youve basically got Flash on your 2.71.. Thats IT - No emulators, nada, nuthin, zip, zero, etc. :(
Theres some good Flash homebrew though! (Check older threads!) :p

judas_coach
June 27th, 2006, 03:04
that's the funniest post ive ever seen! good luck, son.

acn010
June 27th, 2006, 04:01
you got only a flash player that is available and free demos that are coming out, thats the good, bad thing that no homebrews for you!:o
question, did you update it or recently bought?

Maybe ur at the wrong site then acn ;P

i meant on the price i prefer DS because its cheap,
also the ds is just covered by 99% plastic and 1% copper wire
XD

roberto125919
June 28th, 2006, 01:39
loco roco for you 2.7's lol

TacticalBread
June 28th, 2006, 08:03
...by the way... the best psx game is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.. admit it... no other games come close..

SotN is by far the best game for PSX. Get over it.
It beats any Tekken game.