PDA

View Full Version : sora adventure 0.2 development

Pages : 1 [2]

gunntims0103
August 6th, 2006, 19:25
well im ready to implamenet my fixes im going to need some of sora sprites that were done by apokolipz so that we can tidy up his movments o yea apokolipz wen do you think the whole first level will be done? cause once we have that then we can get the ball roling

kepp ya posted

Apoklepz
August 6th, 2006, 20:53
Hey guys I'm just logging in to look at progress.
I'll have the level and sprites up tommorow afternoon...Sorry, I'm quite enjoying my weekend with my Wife and Kid...Hope you can understand.

Great to hear from you Gun...We'll get this rolling fast this week...till then, I'm psycked!

gunntims0103
August 7th, 2006, 01:19
great i cant wait to see the first level in full and add it to the script i will be here tomorrow to update on progress and such and once we have most of the team ready to work this week then we can really get the ball rolling....till then

keep ya posted

Apoklepz
August 7th, 2006, 22:46
Okay...I haven't quite finished work on the first level today, but here's a little something to keep you guys hoping for more...This is a work in progress as well.

Briggzy11
August 10th, 2006, 18:01
Apoklepz these are totally amazing...

...great on doing these mayte you keep up the good work, same for all of you, this project is going absolutely brilliantly :)

HaVoCxRUSH
August 10th, 2006, 21:42
Awesome quality here.

What is actually the progress at now? Level up for demo yet? Heartless /dusk sprites? Confirmed worlds?

Been following this from the beginning. WIsh I could help but I JUST changed my major to Game Software Design in college. Good luck

Apoklepz
August 10th, 2006, 23:01
Glad you asked, and good luck on your new major...sounds exciting.

Well...let's see...I'm almost done putting the first level together, so as soon as I have it, I'll basically put it in and try to code a function for a scrolling foreground, which will be in there as well in the next update. After that, we need to start implementing a combat system (enemies/status bars, etc.) and that's gonna take a while to do, but hopefully you'll get a preview of it also in the next version....Once that's out of the way, it's pretty much down to incorporating everything else into a final product (more enemies/levels/story sequences,etc.)...

You can go ahead and check out the last version if you want...I've put it up a couple of pages back.

Shadowblind
August 17th, 2006, 01:46
so, uh, is the project over with?

Apoklepz
August 17th, 2006, 17:28
Ok...I've about had it, considering I'm very patient and everything.

As everybody who's been following all along knows, this project has been stuck for quite a while now...

Please understand what I'm about to say, as it will not come out of anger or hate or envy or any other bad feeling towards anyone or anybody in the team...but,

Our main coder, who's name I will not tarnish in any way, because you all know who he is... as of late, does not seem very interested or any more enthused with the project in any way or fashion. So...I have taken it upon myself to stop project production as well.

Why?...you might ask. Well, there's a simple answer to that question.

"A collective work in progress is bound to perish upon a single mind's abandonment"

I'm afraid, that would be the case at hand here.

So, Mr. Coder...it was was an honor and a pleasure to work with you and the team while it lasted...I hope we can get it toghether again sometime, just PM me. Toodles.

Everyone, I'm sorry to put it this harshly, but I hope you can all understand my reasoning.

BL4Z3D247
August 17th, 2006, 17:44
boy that sux i was really looking forward to playin sora's adventure :(

Gizmo356
August 17th, 2006, 17:47
yeah your rite.

Shadowblind
August 17th, 2006, 21:48
any chance another could restart the project?

ninja9393
August 17th, 2006, 22:13
ok if we acctully restart this i want a job in it cause kingdom hearts 2 is my third favorite game ever

Shadowblind
August 17th, 2006, 22:20
gooooood....I still know some heck on lua, so maybe you and a few other lua'ers can do it? Im willin to help any way I can...

ninja9393
August 17th, 2006, 22:42
it should be like a community project like 5 or whatever coders, artists, blah blah blah

Shadowblind
August 17th, 2006, 22:52
yeah yeah, I can do sprites and music and BGs as usuall.

ninja9393
August 17th, 2006, 23:07
now we have to find the coders i call coder #1
i think we should ask crait, zion, masterchafed, and mexican snake(i picked them cause there the only ones i know:p )

Gizmo356
August 18th, 2006, 00:20
yeah they are good

ninja9393
August 18th, 2006, 00:29
what about u gizmo do u want to help out

Gizmo356
August 18th, 2006, 00:31
i dont know im not too good with lua and im not sure about taking over gunntims work i need to think about it.

Briggzy11
August 18th, 2006, 02:38
Hang on gunntims does have a personal life too...I dont think he has stopped production in this game, just has not had time to continue its work as of late. I am happy Shadowblind that you are willing to get this going still but has Gunntims had a say m8?

Shadowblind
August 18th, 2006, 03:44
at the moment im waiting for gunn to log back in to his AIM. But, of course, even if we continue production on it we cant release it without his conformation first, so your right brigg

dagger89
August 18th, 2006, 16:31
Not to start a flame war... but i recommend u compare KingofNoobs' narutoadventure0.1b LUA code to this game... its extremely similar... in fact its mostly the same..... even some of the collision pics....

Zion
August 18th, 2006, 16:56
Just took a look, and it is very very similar (90% of it)

dagger89
August 18th, 2006, 17:00
Just took a look, and it is very very similar (90% of it)

Exactly.... thats why there haven't been any new developments...

yaustar
August 18th, 2006, 20:09
* runs off and does a quick diff *
I wondered why the bugs I keep mentioning never gets fixed. There are some modifcations (my button pressed/release code, health bars and the intro screen) but not enough to say it's his code. And on top of that he isn't around for me to start questioning him.

If anyone wants to carry on with the game then I say they are entitled to do so without gun's approval.

Apoklepz
August 18th, 2006, 21:53
Yeah...Sadly enough, I knew this from the start, and I never wanted the guy to look bad in front of you, because he seemed eager to make progress and all...

Actually this script comes by way of an older Lua game that somebody abandoned eons ago...It was a try at a "Ninja Gaiden" game...I suspect King of Noobs also acquired the script from there for his Naruto game.

Shadowblind
August 18th, 2006, 22:01
Im the king of Noobs and I havent made any Naruto game:D

BTW, you started a flame war. So please, this is off topic, so put the flaming somewhere else.

Apoklepz
August 18th, 2006, 23:00
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!edited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

Shadowblind
August 18th, 2006, 23:00
not you bro. Im talkin to dagger

Apoklepz
August 18th, 2006, 23:02
Oops...my bad.lol
Sorry man, I'll go ahead and delete that post of mine...BTW, quote him next time so I don't get carried away...After all...I do pack a Nail bat with me all the time...but it's all part of my humble cover...just between you and me.;)

ninja9393
August 18th, 2006, 23:10
i am sorry to i thought u were saying for sure the projects over

Shadowblind
August 18th, 2006, 23:13
hey apoklepz can I gt a latest version of the game?

dagger89
August 19th, 2006, 00:01
not you bro. Im talkin to dagger

Like I said, I didn't want a flame war... I just want ppl to know y there aren't developments in the code... I rly dont care if he used KON's code or not, im explaining WHY there arent any code development....

I'm sorry for saying this

laraib
August 19th, 2006, 04:29
so this project isnt dead....so show us some new screens or a new beta That includes some stroy or objective

ninja9393
August 19th, 2006, 04:49
larib that is not as easy as u think

Apoklepz
August 19th, 2006, 14:41
Hey Shadowblind, check the very last post(mine's) on page 24 of this thread...As far as I know, that was the very last that was worked on this project.

Roxas
September 5th, 2006, 23:45
R u guys still working on this or is it dead?

ninja9393
September 5th, 2006, 23:50
right now we are not sure:(

Zion
September 6th, 2006, 01:22
Guntimms assured me it isnt dead......and i may give him a hand with it once I finish up a few of my projects :p

Roxas
September 6th, 2006, 02:23
Cool!! I hope u guys dont drop the heart of all of us. :)

Shadowblind
September 6th, 2006, 02:56
Thats interesting zion... he told me his passing the baton when I asked if hes done lua'ing. He did say another can mcontinue work on it which 'might' be happening :D

But sure as heck I hope your right Zion, I hate to see a clone of the best game get scrapped in the middle...:(

I still have all the sprites for it, so theres no issue there. We could try to make this a mega project between all lua coders (willing) to help.

:D

And for cryin out loud, can we make a new thread already? 30 pages is long enough.

gunntims0103
November 14th, 2006, 04:03
ok so sora adven is not dead.

what i need from the old team or anyone interested

-a script for dialog in the game with a plot and main enemie

-the main boss sprites in the game (enemie)

-kh music themes (for when don inplaments music to my game)

keep ya posted

Gizmo356
November 14th, 2006, 04:35
its alive! lol

S34MU5
November 14th, 2006, 09:50
I am getting into sprites Gun, i can give them a shot. but my gay mum is limiting me to two hours a night on comp.
I wont be on tonight coz im goin to ma grans. I may be on Late for a while to check email though. PM me to talk.
:D

Apoklepz
November 14th, 2006, 18:40
Yo...I'll get some stuff ready and upload it this Saturday...I have a very busy week. It's nice to get going again...

BTW, I'm not gonna lecture you too much S34MU5, cause you're a nice guy, but I'm a parent...and I wouldn't agree to any son or daughter of mine to go around calling the person who brought them to this world and feeds you "GAY"...In fact, I would smack the living daylights out of them if I even heard that utterance. lol...So respect yo momma.

Guntim...are you guys re-coding from scratch?...cause I saw you asking elsewhere for a quick error fix on a script...If so, can I see what is scripted so far?

the same emails as always;

[email protected]
[email protected]

Best regards,

Apok

gunntims0103
November 14th, 2006, 19:27
i got a bit wise with how to approach coding a game of this magnitude. I need to approach everything in order. That why you notice that alot of code are used in "dofiles" for coding flow, everything is in order. I also don't want to have evrything that i do out to the public forums untill release. now i do most of my talking and project with my dev team on MSN

yea everything is being coded from scratch again, also i have decided to tackle everything in order that way i dont get mixed up and add things when i need bugs to be fixed. Also alot of comments in the code so that i know what im doing and where im at in the code, and for what new codes mean

i just added the first cut scene and its looking good( well code wise) the sprites new a littlke help

il pm you a copy apokolipz

The first scene is just about done, apokolips you can edit the talk images and the two player sprites how ever you like.

since your my bro apokolipz i was wondering if you would like to join Laughing man productions. it would make me happy and you'll be involved with what ever projects our dev team take up. Also if you ever started a projects we will assist you

keep ya posted

splodger15
November 14th, 2006, 19:30
Also alot of comments in the code so that i know what im doing and where im at in the code, and for what new codes mean

Its the best thing to do is add coments in a code it is much easier

Good luck

gunntims0103

Apoklepz
November 14th, 2006, 19:32
Sweet...Glad you're really up to tackle code this time around...I always knew you had it in you, Gun....Sometimes people just need a little push, that's all. I'm here to stay and be your wingman, bro...and as I said before, I'm gonna be extremely busy throughout the week, but come Saturday I will upload stuff in here.

Is the first level still going to be Hercule's Realm?

gunntims0103
November 14th, 2006, 20:06
ok apokolipz am sending to your e-mail now check it in a few. I think what i want first is have sora fight the boss in the beginning like a boss battle. the when you win have the story unfold, but who will be the main enemie in this one??? a giant beast, a wizard, a warrior, someone from kh series, i dont know.

Shadowblind has alot of idea i need ya bro for story ideas

ninja9393
November 14th, 2006, 22:49
Hope this project goes well

i am a HUGE fan of kingdom heatrs so i am looking foward to it:thumbup: :thumbup:

Shadowblind
November 15th, 2006, 03:39
Well cornu-flippen-copia! This is gonna rock! :thumbup:

ok so sora adven is not dead.

what i need from the old team or anyone interested

-a script for dialog in the game with a plot and main enemie

-the main boss sprites in the game (enemie)

-kh music themes (for when don inplaments music to my game)

keep ya posted

In other words everything I was gonna do in the first place.

Also, im no longer in blissful ignorance of what Luaa can do and what its needs are. I can make MIDIs to IT files (sending converter) and help with a very small portion of the lua code.

gunntims0103
November 15th, 2006, 05:20
Well cornu-flippen-copia! This is gonna rock! :thumbup:

In other words everything I was gonna do in the first place.

Also, im no longer in blissful ignorance of what Luaa can do and what its needs are. I can make MIDIs to IT files (sending converter) and help with a very small portion of the lua code.

ok great i have im downloading the sprites from the pm you sent me now.

im going to bed but tommorrow il be strating on what needs to be done

shadowblind try and get a dialog together and a main boss thankx

S34MU5
November 15th, 2006, 12:49
Ill be on msn at 5.30 we can get some work done,
get apok to add me on msn

gunntims0103
November 15th, 2006, 21:49
Ill be on msn at 5.30 we can get some work done,
get apok to add me on msn

apokolipz still ahsnt gotten msn hope he does it would make things easier. if not apokolipz you can just do your work here on the sora dev thread.

keep ya posted

drEDN4wt
November 15th, 2006, 22:56
by the way , lots of comments, especially if in a loops slow the program down considerably.

gunntims0103
November 15th, 2006, 23:07
by the way , lots of comments, especially if in a loops slow the program down considerably.

really i didnt know that. Really good to know. I guess we will have to be carfull on how much comments we use. I think we will be ok:o

Shadowblind
November 15th, 2006, 23:41
I already sent the main bosses sprites, there in the villains folder I think.

Also, im gonna try to edit Cloud sprites in order to make a new character...

gunntims0103
November 15th, 2006, 23:55
I already sent the main bosses sprites, there in the villains folder I think.

Also, im gonna try to edit Cloud sprites in order to make a new character...

is it possible to use a main boss thats not related to the KH series. Also im definitly gonna intergrate different characters. Sora will be meeting alot of people. It will all be set up nicly in the cut scene. I already got a basic one set up all ready. Shadowblind can ya edit the sora sprite to creat a evil sora. I dont want the dark sora sprite he doesnt look evil enough i want him to be sinister. Also i need dialog at this piont and a story. remember this is taking place after KH2

Shadowblind
November 16th, 2006, 23:19
I can make a pretty decent edit to most sprites. The problem is I use paint and change EVERYTHING one small pixel at a time. I'll need someone who can, say:

I made a character from a cloud sprite. It has enough similarities to look nearly like it.

I need someone who can replicate those changes onto another cloud sprite that has a different stance.

Where the heck is Apoklepz...

gunntims0103
November 17th, 2006, 02:39
I can make a pretty decent edit to most sprites. The problem is I use paint and change EVERYTHING one small pixel at a time. I'll need someone who can, say:

I made a character from a cloud sprite. It has enough similarities to look nearly like it.

I need someone who can replicate those changes onto another cloud sprite that has a different stance.

Where the heck is Apoklepz...

apokolipz should be on soon if not, he'll be on tommorrow. Really great work on the cloud sprites. Once we get all the sprites that we need the cut scene's should go really fast. Im just waiting for a beta from zion since he's adding a couple things. when i get that then il be adding cut scene's and maybe more levels.

Shadowblind
November 17th, 2006, 02:48
I never really could figure out how to make cutscenes. :(

I was thinking: Is it too late to add another main character to the group with sora and them? Im been thinkin up a character for a few months now :p

P.S. If you want to see what he looks like tell me, Ill send a PM to you with the sprites Ive finished of him.

gunntims0103
November 17th, 2006, 02:54
I never really could figure out how to make cutscenes. :(

I was thinking: Is it too late to add another main character to the group with sora and them? Im been thinkin up a character for a few months now :p

P.S. If you want to see what he looks like tell me, Ill send a PM to you with the sprites Ive finished of him.

yea that would be good you could ethier post a small attachment image here or just pm me.

cut scene's arent really as hard as i thought they would be. when i first got into doing it i only had one problem. which was everytime i pressed X the talk image would only blit to the screen for a milisecond. I found out how to get rid of that using dofiles. The code to make a cut scene is relitivly small.

adding a new character would be a good idea. I want sora to meet alot of characters. Remember once we get all the sprites il be needing diolog. any ideas on a main boss

Shadowblind
November 17th, 2006, 02:56
Yeah dofile, music additions, and Menus are my best strongpoint in lua, as shown in the half-game I made :p

Im gonna send the sprites to you as a PM. But ONLY you, I dont want ANYONE seeing it till its totally finished. Ok?

Main boss... I have tons of Ideas for a main boss, but im not Veteran spriter So I wont be able to make a main villain, although I may be able to edit sprites to make one....

gunntims0103
November 17th, 2006, 03:27
Yeah dofile, music additions, and Menus are my best strongpoint in lua, as shown in the half-game I made :p

Im gonna send the sprites to you as a PM. But ONLY you, I dont want ANYONE seeing it till its totally finished. Ok?

Main boss... I have tons of Ideas for a main boss, but im not Veteran spriter So I wont be able to make a main villain, although I may be able to edit sprites to make one....

just checked out the pm the sprite looks really good, looks like a cross between riku and cloud. i guess the main villian will have to be the hooded man again, or a evil version of sora or some thing good

Gizmo356
November 17th, 2006, 04:10
its alive lol anyway good to see the project going again

Shadowblind
November 18th, 2006, 20:06
Ive got one full 6 sprite attack animation of "the" character done.

BTW, can you send me the first part of the original script?

gunntims0103
November 18th, 2006, 20:31
Ive got one full 6 sprite attack animation of "the" character done.

BTW, can you send me the first part of the original script?

you mean the first 0.2 beta with the scene implament:confused:

Shadowblind
November 18th, 2006, 20:35
No not the lua script, the dialog script!

Sry mis-communication

gunntims0103
November 18th, 2006, 20:38
No not the lua script, the dialog script!

Sry

i dont have the orignal script of dialog:( . If its around it would be in the 0.1 thread, but im not sure. Plus i dont think that we got alot done on the dialog side of the project anyway. So i rather just do a new one.

Shadowblind
November 18th, 2006, 20:44
Well, that was the gonna be how it began...

Yeah it did suck.

I need a good beginning, not one that begans like: "He decided to go on an adventure". Thats why I liked the original but we could use a new one.

laraib
November 21st, 2006, 02:54
yessssssssssssss this project is back online yeaaa
and im bac....if u need me ffor making the title page hehe

Shadowblind
November 21st, 2006, 03:00
Gun? Heres an idea...

Lets make a new thread, because:
-This has 33 pages
-322 posts :D
-Over 300/322 is outdated
-Pie is good.
-Well...its just feels really...old.

gunntims0103
November 21st, 2006, 03:09
i will tell kaiser to lock this thread and il start a new one.

Kaiser
November 21st, 2006, 03:49
Locked at request of gunntims0103. :)