PDA

View Full Version : sora adventure 0.2 development

Pages : [1] 2

gunntims0103
June 25th, 2006, 05:43
this is the sora adventure 0.2 development thread this is for further discussion with my developing team on the game and such all further discussion will be done here untill sora adventure 0.2 is officailly released

thanx

Gizmo356
June 25th, 2006, 05:51
finnaly a new thread cant wait to see wats next

Briggzy11
June 26th, 2006, 09:30
Yeh I just found out about this new thread :D I have been offline for a while Gunn so I apologise. The discussion has gotten WAY BETTER since i last came on and I look forward to more ideas here :D

Shadowblind
June 26th, 2006, 13:49
I couldnt tell who you were because of the yoda...

BTW, when is the estimated time you'd want all the music?

gunntims0103
June 26th, 2006, 14:34
the music is fine for now iv gotten large shipments from either you or apokolipz im not sure but it was good battle music and such so il be inplamenting music very soon

i still cant progress on this project without apolkolpiz and bear x1 i need most of the team to finish things up once evryones back we can get this project rolling on all cycinders and hopfully get sumthing out

Shadowblind
June 26th, 2006, 14:56
if its KH battle music I sent alot.

Where is Apoklepz and bear xi, anyway?

wat is the current issue? enemys?

gunntims0103
June 26th, 2006, 15:06
well the current issue at hand is still sora's movments but theres not much to do with that apokolipz has all of sora's running sprites but he didnt send them to me yet so we have to get that done and i have to slow down the stand animation wen he blinks and breaths the attack sprites on the left side still need fixing and i have to disable the attacks from being dependent on how long you hold the attack button i aloso have to incorparate the projectiles into the script and overall just make all aspects of sora run smothly then after that we move on

Apoklepz
June 26th, 2006, 16:57
Hey guys! Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you during the weekend...I still have no internet! They were supposed to install it this Saturday, but it was raining all day, and the instalation is more complicated than what I thought...You see there's actually no cables near the house, so a small engineering kinda job needs to be done, and the techincian said it would take them at least 4 hours to complete...so I guess it's down to next weekend...uuuugh! I realy can't stand this crap any more, but that's that....I have the running sprites ready and will post them here in a few seconds...

BTW, sprites 2 and 6, which were originally missing from Sora 2's custom sheet, were made by me from scratch...enjoy!:cool:

Gun, you're gonna have to reduce the number of running sprites on the script, from a whooping 17 to 8, as that is all that is needed for Sora to run correctly...Remember, both sides L and R...I've already done it on my script, but I don't want it to overwrite yours, as you might have done some changes and modifications already, too. BTW after you fix this on the script, I would appreciate you send me the latest script. I'll post the file right here soon.

Whoomp! There it is! ...Now I can work on smoothing out the Jump & Attack Sprites...I'll keep you guys posted...Is this a new thread?? AAAAA-LE-LU-YAH!!!

Nasty Nate
June 26th, 2006, 18:23
hey guys, just got back

holy crap theres alot goin on, i was going to post in the old thread but it was closed but looks like it comin along great

oh and gunn, nice new look yods is a pimp

Apoklepz
June 26th, 2006, 19:53
Hey there Nate!
Listen, I don't know if you saw the bar I made for the people volunteering as Beta testers on the last thread, but here it is, if you want to give it a go...It's got your name on it already, too.
Hope you like it. You can stay with yours if you'd like, It's just a little something I did for those of you that are supporting the team and helping out.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, I also now have the SideJump sprites well and ready on their way. All that's left now is the simple Jump sprites...I'm also thinking of giving the Fire and Ice attacks a more polished/animated look, since initially Sora doesn't move or gets affected by the blasts at all....kinda lame...I'll post some visuals soon.

Gizmo356
June 26th, 2006, 20:19
so is the team back

Apoklepz
June 26th, 2006, 20:37
I don't know were everybody else is (probably doing chores or hanging out) but I'm here....

Anyways this is what I want Sora's movement reaction to the Fire and Ice attacks to look like... Sorry for the corny stick sprites...lol Just Imagine the blasts for a moment and you'll be fine.

The two sprites in the rectangle are custom Sora sprites I will have to make...one is already underway.

BTW I thought this would fortify the attack animations, giving it a "hadouken" quality, if you know what I mean.

gunntims0103
June 26th, 2006, 20:45
good to see that sum ppl are back and that apokolipz has gotten sum sprites done good job anyway bear x1 is still out at the moment and he's suppost to help me with any coding endevors but il try to see what i can get done with what we have so far il put the running sprites in and when you get the jumping sprites up apokolipz il put it in the script as well along with any other sprites that have to be written in the script

btw hey lets all stay organized i dont want this thread turing out like 55 pages like last time this thread is for strict work on the project only i want this to stay organized im sure everyone knows this

alright i have sum work to do wen im all done you know the rutine il post a screen shot of what i have so far

keep ya posted be bac soon

Gizmo356
June 26th, 2006, 20:53
great looking good

D0N
June 26th, 2006, 21:56
Hey there Nate!
Listen, I don't know if you saw the bar I made for the people volunteering as Beta testers on the last thread, but here it is, if you want to give it a go...It's got your name on it already, too.
Hope you like it. You can stay with yours if you'd like, It's just a little something I did for those of you that are supporting the team and helping out.

hey there Apoklepz! I saw that you made a userbar for nate. Could you possibly make one for me with my name on it as i would like to become a BETA tester for the team. I know that's nothing but i wanted to contribute to the team and that's all i can think of.

Gizmo356
June 26th, 2006, 22:17
my mistake i thought gunns locked the beta testers

Apoklepz
June 26th, 2006, 22:18
Sure thing Dawd! ...But I'm gonna have to speak with Guntims about it...How you been? How's the forums at PSP World? Haven't been there for a while, since I messed up my PSP...Been busy helping out with this project and making one of my own...But that's still behind closed doors.

BTW Gun, I'm sorry about posting the run sprites again...but I tweaked them a bit, and now the animation should be smooth as silk...Just do a regular drag and drop over the first ones. Included also are the fixed SideJumps and a small bit fix on Stand1 that was bugging me alot...Sora should be almost complete now...Movement-wise, that is.

Okay Dawd, I can't find Guntims0130 but I think I've helped enough with the direction of this project, to at least grant you a Beta tester position, so here it is...Hope you like it, and it's good to have you helping out.

Well folks, that's it for me today...I'm signing off, but hopefully I'll have the newly polished jumps and Fire and Ice attack sprites ready tommorrow...Then I'll finally be able to look at what else we can rip or customize...So, from your friendly neighborhood sprite rippa...I bid you all a good night...Tan-Tan!

gunntims0103
June 26th, 2006, 23:50
great stuff yea apokolipz has the athority to instate new beta testers since he's been apart of the project since the beginning il pm the beta tester user bar to dawn now i will start working on the lua script now since soras movements have now been fixed

thanx apokolipz i appreciate the hard work

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 00:20
i cant wait to test

D0N
June 27th, 2006, 17:19
Sure thing Dawd! ...But I'm gonna have to speak with Guntims about it...How you been? How's the forums at PSP World? Haven't been there for a while, since I messed up my PSP...Been busy helping out with this project and making one of my own...But that's still behind closed doors.

BTW Gun, I'm sorry about posting the run sprites again...but I tweaked them a bit, and now the animation should be smooth as silk...Just do a regular drag and drop over the first ones. Included also are the fixed SideJumps and a small bit fix on Stand1 that was bugging me alot...Sora should be almost complete now...Movement-wise, that is.

Okay Dawd, I can't find Guntims0130 but I think I've helped enough with the direction of this project, to at least grant you a Beta tester position, so here it is...Hope you like it, and it's good to have you helping out.

Well folks, that's it for me today...I'm signing off, but hopefully I'll have the newly polished jumps and Fire and Ice attack sprites ready tommorrow...Then I'll finally be able to look at what else we can rip or customize...So, from your friendly neighborhood sprite rippa...I bid you all a good night...Tan-Tan!

Im fine thanks Apoklepz. We have moved from PSP-World to PSP-online now. More better features. To find out the URL go to PSP-World and it will be on the front page news. ;) Thanks for the userbar. Can't wait to BETA test sora adventure 0.2! :D

gunntims0103
June 27th, 2006, 18:10
glad your part of the beta tester team dawd im sorry for being gone all last night and just now getting on-line as my computer has had sum serious downtime and my internet connection has been acting up its a miracle im on now it just started working

il try to finish up but i need bear x1 back so that he can help me tidy sum things

il do my best hope my comp doesnt go on downtime again

keep ya posted

D0N
June 27th, 2006, 18:38
glad your part of the beta tester team dawd im sorry for being gone all last night and just now getting on-line as my computer has had sum serious downtime and my internet connection has been acting up its a miracle im on now it just started working

il try to finish up but i need bear x1 back so that he can help me tidy sum things

il do my best hope my comp doesnt go on downtime again

keep ya posted

Ok no problem. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

Apoklepz
June 27th, 2006, 19:16
Computer problems, Gun? ...Sorry to put it this way man, but welcome to the club.

I'm just posting to get some opinions about the new Fire attack sprites I'm currently polishing up...I still need three more sprites for the sequence to be complete, but I just wanted to show you guys how it's coming together, so I can get some feedback.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awww crap!...Something seems to be wrong with attachment uploading....It's not letting me do it...Oh well...I'll try later, then.

EDIT [2]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK....here they are.

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 19:20
cant wait to see them

Apoklepz
June 27th, 2006, 19:51
Quick question guys. What version of Lua are we using to run the game? The latest? Any chance of getting the game running as a stand alone application?

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 20:26
i use .16 and yes i read somewere that you can compile lua and use it withought lua player but not sure i think they meant compile it so you cant read the source

Shadowblind
June 27th, 2006, 20:42
I use .20, but the sora game doesn't seem to work on that.

gunntims0103
June 27th, 2006, 20:46
well guys im back sorry for being gone as i had to run some errens for my parents so the fire sprites are looking great good work apokolipz

btw im using .16 lua player since i dont currently have my 1.5 psp at the moment so im using my 2.6 which runs thru e-loader and i can only use .16 lua player my sora adventure runs fine shadow wondering why your having problems???

kepp ya posted

Apoklepz
June 27th, 2006, 21:14
Hey guys, I have what I'd like to call a Pre ver0.02 ready with Icon and everything...Nothing fancy, but I has everything we've worked on up until now + a little script tweaking that I've done myself...

I'll try and email it to everyone in the team before the end of the day.***BETA TESTERS***included.

So, If you haven't given me your email yet, please do PM me, so I can send you the goods.

Gun, I would like most feedback from you, after you compare it with what you have...then we can move on from there, K?

gunntims0103
June 27th, 2006, 21:19
great work il do comparing and add anything thats missing or things that have to be conbined between both scripts if ya dont know all ready my e-mail is [email protected] im sure you know this just put it up for further reference

btw apokolipz you know how to code lua when did you take it up or did ya know for a while ppl surprise me with the things that they can do

good work

keep ya posted

Gizmo356
June 27th, 2006, 21:36
i use lua player .20 non moduel version

Nasty Nate
June 27th, 2006, 22:25
hey sry i havent been around, but my parents took my mouse n keyboard cuz i was stayin up too late
o well
my email is [email protected]

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 01:56
as soon as apokolipz gets back and e-mails me the script i can compare and coverge any codes that are needed so i will basicly combine scripts i cant wait im a little distracted by the new news about kernal mode access its gotten me exited as i have a 2.6 psp well i have a 1.5 as well but all the same its good news

cant wait to start working

keep ya posted

Apoklepz
June 28th, 2006, 16:34
Okay, I just got back...still no internet at home and to top it all off, the network had problems today at work, cause of a little thunderstorm yesterday...but that's that...OK...Checklist time:

-Gun: Sent
-Nate:Sent
-Gizmo:Sent
-Dawd:Sent
-Shadowblind:Sent

-Bear: I need your email..PM me
-Briggzy: I need your email...PM me
-All testers: please PM me with your email.

Let's get crackin' people....

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 16:41
il try to collect all the e-mails of the rest of the ppl and pm it to you apokolpiz

Apoklepz
June 28th, 2006, 16:43
That's great...could you email the file to anyone I'm missing, like Bear and Briggz?

So hey Gun, did you check out the file yet?
I don't know why Sora's left runnig still looks funky...I triple checked and everything looks to be in it's place...Could you take a look and see if you find anything? Thanks.

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 17:09
hey apokolipz it seems that in the e-mail that you sent me there was no download for the new script that you did so in-tern there was no download can you send it to me again

btw as soon as i check and make sure everything is in order i will post a screen as usual and give my feed as of what we are up to and what needs to be done

keep ya posted

Apoklepz
June 28th, 2006, 17:13
Whaaa... So you got nothing?

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 17:15
nothing when i got my e-mail it had no attached download so then i was like "wheres the download??" then i e-mailed you back asking where it was did ya change the folder into a zip and then send it?? i dont know when ever you get a chance is fine just try and send it over

Apoklepz
June 28th, 2006, 17:18
Sorry about that...check your mail. this time I put it in the reply to the conversation. It should be there now.

D0N
June 28th, 2006, 17:47
Hey gunntims0103 i just tested sora adventure 0.2. Nice improvement. BTW it works on 2.60 just to let you know. Is there only one level yet? (Just asking beacuse that's all i can play) Also i noticed on the first level that when i jumped up onto a balcony there was no background to show the balcony. The player was just walking in mid-air.

gunntims0103
June 28th, 2006, 18:11
heres the latest now i have all of sora's movements done so i can now move on to other things

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/sa2.png

thanx for testing dawd and i do have to fix the mid-air problem my computer is way to slow right now and im having real problems with it at the moment so if i dont post as often you know why

thanx for the help apokolpiz i just have to add the fireattacks that are missing then we can move on to the next problem combat and a.i

i have to go help my father build a shed in the backyard so il be back later

keep ya posted

Apoklepz
June 28th, 2006, 18:14
Yes, it's all only a caracter movement and collissions test so far but it's still not version 0.2. These little issues should be fixed by then.

-Team: I'm gonna post a picture here soon about some background effects that I think would give the game a better look, so you guys can give me some feedback later, K?

D0N
June 28th, 2006, 18:18
thanx for testing dawd and i do have to fix the mid-air problem my computer is way to slow right now and im having real problems with it at the moment so if i dont post as often you know why

No problem. I love to test things out first. :D Hope you get the mid-air problem fixed soon.

Apoklepz
June 28th, 2006, 18:37
OK guys, just drop this file inside the games file so it replaces your current "Maps" file.

No more "floating" or "High as a kite" Sora. Lol

Gizmo356
June 28th, 2006, 18:49
thanx for the fix

Apoklepz
June 28th, 2006, 19:02
Hey no prob Giz.

OK, here's what I was talking about before with the backgrounds...This is just an idea of a foreground for this particular level.
Guys tell me what you think.

gunntims0103
June 29th, 2006, 01:16
OMG thats alsum iv havent had time to test the map yet myself but it looks great good job apokolipz exellent work well weve gotten much done apokolipz i want to hear what your idea for what we should do next

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 01:19
Hey no prob Giz.

OK, here's what I was talking about before with the backgrounds...This is just an idea of a foreground for this particular level.
Guys tell me what you think.

great job it makes the game look a lot more real because when you pass in front of the colums the charecter gets covered by it:D

Apoklepz
June 29th, 2006, 01:27
Ok Gun...
I have yet to implement this foreground to the level script itself, but I should have a complete level ready before the weekend comes.

I was thinking, since I'll be busy polishing the level and what's left of Sora's movement sprites, we should be well on our way to incorporating a basic example of what an enemy will be like in the game.

I already have the Shadow Heartless sprites ready at work (just finished today)...So I'll be putiing them up for test tommorrow...Meanwhile Gun, you need to do some searching for enemy example script commands in Lua....Try downloading Hakuto no Ken(Fist of the North Star) from the DC emu Lua games Page & look at the script....I'm looking at it myself right now, because it will also help me incorporate the foreground...So try that and report back when you can.

gunntims0103
June 29th, 2006, 01:34
i will do my best il not be posting as much as i will try to learn all i can about basic combat and a.i really good work apokolipz im promoting you to sprite editor/assistant coder keep up the good work

keep ya posted

btw cant believe were so close to finishing up 0.2 im exited after we can take a good break and then bac to work

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 01:36
i will do my best il not be posting as much as i will try to learn all i can about basic combat and a.i really good work apokolipz im promoting you to sprite editor/assistant coder keep up the good work

keep ya posted

btw cant believe were so close to finishing up 0.2 im exited after we can take a good break and then bac to work

you and apokolipz need a break you guys have been working non stop:p

Apoklepz
June 29th, 2006, 01:37
Yes Siree! Once we have a complete playable Level
(BG/Player/Enemies/Boss) Everything will flow much faster...Just you wait!

Then we can finally mess around with adding sound effects and music...Oh, and a title screen.lol How can I forget?!:p

Apoklepz
June 29th, 2006, 01:41
you and apokolipz need a break you guys have been working non stop:p

HAHAHAHA....Well, what can I say? I'm 27, married with one child...I work and study....This is my rest!:D

+ Work is waaaaaaaayyyy too boring....this game keeps me occupied.:cool:

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 01:43
HAHAHAHA....Well, what can I say? I'm 27, married with one child...I work and study....This is my rest!:D

lol you must be very busy then how do you manage your time so well i cant even manage my time to watch tv and play psp:D

Apoklepz
June 29th, 2006, 01:48
I really don't watch TV at all, unless Naruto's on or something good....and my PSP is bricked at the moment, so that's that....I have a second PSP but it's 2.70fw.

gunntims0103
June 29th, 2006, 04:53
im putting out a request this is just for me i seem to not be able to find any alien hominid sprites as he's one of my favorite gaming characters can anyone help with this shadowblind seems to be good at finding sprites so il see if he can do it if anyone else can feel free to send it in a pm to me or my e-mail or wat ever

il get back to coding tommorow as im learning a.i and combat from the lua game that apokolipz requested i should look at

thanx

keep ya posted
thanx

Sumo X
June 29th, 2006, 10:02
Just wanted to add some encouragement for the development of this game. I downloaded .1 and while it wasn't much, it seems like you have a great engine going and I look forward to seeing future iterations.

Apoklepz
June 29th, 2006, 16:21
That's great. Thanks for the kind thoughts Sumo X... Would you like to become a Beta Tester?

Gun...The Sprite Database has 3 sheets for the GBA Alien Hominid game, in case you want to check them out...

http://neuropod.net/SDB/

gunntims0103
June 29th, 2006, 17:30
thanx for the sprites apokolipz there alsum as alien hominid is one of my fav gaming characters they dont seem to have the f.b.i enemies that try and attack alien hominid ooo well back to learning a.i and combat me and apokolpiz will attack the script as soon as we have knowledge of what we will do next

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 17:48
i love those sprites

yaustar
June 29th, 2006, 18:18
What is the progress so far on the bug fixes?

Apoklepz
June 29th, 2006, 18:29
Hey Yaustar, how you been?
Bugfixes? Still working on them, I've just added a basic start menu function to the script...it goes to the game after pressing Start, but for some reason... if I don't keep the start button held down, I can't quite play the game...I'm putting the script up as well as the title screen images, in case anyone like you or Guntims can help me with this.

yaustar
June 29th, 2006, 18:33
Busy mostly. Job interviews + university project work = One very tired coder.

gunntims0103
June 29th, 2006, 18:37
save your strenth yaustar we got it so far all i want to do is fix soras attack movments on the left side as apokolipz said its still kind of funky and change the bug thats makes the attack totally dependent on how long you hold the botton

EDIT--

apokolpiz im checking out you start menu add now

Apoklepz
June 29th, 2006, 19:55
So Gun, what do you think is wrong?

Anyways this is what the Title screen I put together looks like for now. I know, pretty simple...we'll probably change it as we move along. BTW "PRESS START" text blinks.....ooooOOOOOOHHH, magic.

Sumo X
June 29th, 2006, 20:41
Nice start menu screen, Apoklepz.

And I'd love to be a beta tester. :)

Apoklepz
June 29th, 2006, 22:36
OK Sumo X send either me or Gunntims0103 your email so either of us can send you the latest working file.

OK I'm logging off for the day, but before I go...yep, that's right, picture time...Check out the custom life bar I've added for Sora (I played around with one of Castlevania:HOD bars to get this one done) Tell me if it looks good for the game, guys.

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 22:39
it looks very nice a blends with the game perfectly

gunntims0103
June 29th, 2006, 22:54
wow all the stuff is really looking great sorry i was gone for like an hour and a half my internet connection went out on me and my computer just froze my computer is way to slow to much downtime iv still not tested cause when i plug my psp into my computer my computer just freezes so im getting there

Gizmo356
June 29th, 2006, 23:02
good to see you back

Zion
June 30th, 2006, 01:03
is the beta ready?

Gizmo356
June 30th, 2006, 01:06
wich one the first one we recieved or the one that apoklpz posted screens of on the last page

Zion
June 30th, 2006, 01:10
sorry for the noobish question but since i got my 1.5 psp i havnt used the lua player. Where can i find it for v1.5?

Sumo X
June 30th, 2006, 01:39
sorry for the noobish question but since i got my 1.5 psp i havnt used the lua player. Where can i find it for v1.5?

luaplayer.org

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 01:40
o zion i sent the beta to you find the lua player at

www.luaplayer.org

test and give feed back

Zion
June 30th, 2006, 01:41
thanks!

Crimson_Lotus
June 30th, 2006, 02:05
Wow, this game is getting really polished. I like the sprites and the start menu. I hope the game turns out to be a very original homebrew for the PSP.

Shadowblind
June 30th, 2006, 04:11
0_0

0_0

0_0

Im off this site for three days and IT LOOKS FRICKEN AWESOME!

so...much...improvement...

and the starting screen looks awesome too!

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 04:21
whooooot..........whooooooot

shadowblind finally back:D

welcome back bro whats been going on you been gone for a while il have a full beta for you to teast tommorrow glad your back my partner in crime my left hand compadre is back :D

we made improvments the game is looking good

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 04:47
Crimson_Lotus was so kind as to pm me this alsum start screen here it is

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6168/sorapic9bw.jpg

this is really good i want feed back from the team on this i like it cause its different the only thing that i would change is the backround as it looks like a real park give it more "animated feel" backround

just ideas

keep ya posted

Gizmo356
June 30th, 2006, 04:49
omg that is awesum man

Crimson_Lotus
June 30th, 2006, 04:53
Crimson_Lotus was so kind as to pm me this alsum start screen here it is

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6168/sorapic9bw.jpg

this is really good i want feed back from the team on this i like it cause its different the only thing that i would change is the backround as it looks like a real park give it more "animated feel" backround

just ideas

keep ya posted

I can work on it.:)

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 04:59
im curious to know crimson_lotus did you draw this yourself cause this is great and if you do change the backround pm it to me and il officailly post it here

Crimson_Lotus
June 30th, 2006, 05:05
im curious to know crimson_lotus did you draw this yourself cause this is great and if you do change the backround pm it to me and il officailly post it here
I am a very good drawer but I didn't no, I plan to draw the background from scratch though, it shouldn't be anything too detailed. I can draw Sora if you want me to.

BL4Z3D247
June 30th, 2006, 05:14
wow this game is comin along very nicely i can't wait for the release keep up the great work guys...and gunn if u need anymore beta testers i have alot and i mean ALOT of free time on my hands and id love to help so let me know, but if not its cool...once again guys keep up the great work :D

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 05:33
alright heres my last thought for the night as i do every night things are looking very good right now i have crimson_lotus working on what looks to be a great start menu...........i have to admit i have not gotten to do as much coding as i would like to as my computer is way to slow at the moment have to find the problem try and get it fixed as of now im doing what i can big thanx to APOKOLIPZ for carrying the team on his shoulder and really steping up and helping me out greatly

things done

-soras movments(completely done?)
-backround(done but still worked on by apokolipz)
-fixed mid-air prob(thanx to apokolipz

things to get to

-fix sora left side attack as he goes way off center
-fix start menu prob that apokolipz said the script has
-fix the attack being totally dependent on the duration of time you hold the button
-add enemies
-finish up first level

these are all the things that i hope to get done for the offiacil 0.2 release correct me if im missing sum things that we have to get to

i wll be using the home icon for my final thoughts now for those who dont know im done goin to bed now till tommorrow

keep ya posted

Gizmo356
June 30th, 2006, 05:42
cya

Apoklepz
June 30th, 2006, 14:24
WHOA! Looks like I missed out on a bunch of fun last night....Thanks for the awesome images Crimson Lotus, they are great. We are going to need you to make two of the same image though, one with the "Press Start" text in it, and the other one without it. I'd probably remove the text book blue lines over the Sora drawing, but I could take care of that if you want. Good work, man.

-Gun
Hey no problem, that's what team mates are for, not to mention I love doing this.

-Shadowblind
Were you been dude? I went over some ideas I have for the game plot with Guntim, or at least the starting point for the game plot. I'm sending you a PM right now.

-Everyone:
I'll be working hard on polishing everything today, and will probably upload my progress by the end of the day so the Team and Beta testers can give it a go. That'll be all for now. Keep you posted.

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 15:04
at right heres a new screen made by crimson_lotus he changed the backround all he has to do now is make one without the press start feature that way it blinks in the game

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/4937/sorapicgif2remadedarker3pk.gif

very good work apokolpiz theres much to do today as i want to finish up alot of the bugs by the way that icon for the game before you start it is alsum you doin thing that i dont even know how to do good job

keep ya posted

yaustar
June 30th, 2006, 15:26
It would have been better to have the Press Start as a different image and make that 'blink' instead.

Apoklepz
June 30th, 2006, 15:29
at right heres a new screen made by crimson_lotus he changed the backround all he has to do now is make one without the press start feature that way it blinks in the game

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/4937/sorapicgif2remadedarker3pk.gif

very good work apokolpiz theres much to do today as i want to finish up alot of the bugs by the way that icon for the game before you start it is alsum you doin thing that i dont even know how to do good job

keep ya posted

It's cool I can work with this one, I think I'll make the "Press Start" appear individually.

EDIT!!!!
HAH! It's funny how Yaustar already posted the same thing before me.:p

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 15:34
all right now we will get the ball roling as soon as get the latest from apokolipz is on to work hopfully my computer doenst slow down on me while im trying to work...........and i see yaustars here maybe if i can get sumtings yaustar can take care of sum anoyying bugs but il get on it and see what i can do

keep ya posted

Apoklepz
June 30th, 2006, 15:45
Here's a good source I found for some of the Kingdom Heart Series Art:

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kinghearts/kingheartsart.html

And check out this fan made beauty I came across in another forum the other day. It appear to be a Heartless rendition of Sora or Evil Sora if you will, although most of his attire belongs to Riku, his physique is indeed Sora's. The person who did this did an awesome job. Enjoy.

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 16:25
wow thats sum great looking art really good i just got bac had to grab sumthin to eat but thats alsum im wondering in the game when we add story like on cut scenes will we be putting like when that character shows up in the game that fan art shows on the screen thats would be alsum

anyway i dont know if ya sent me the latest to my e-mail il check it in a min i want to get all the lil bugs out the way hopfully today

Apoklepz
June 30th, 2006, 16:37
I Just sent it. Check your mail.

Wow...Germany 1(4) just won over Argentina 1(2) in a real heck of a game.

EDIT!!! Here's my last shot at a Title menu...for now.
I grabbed the original drawing from the Kingdom Hearts art link I posted earlier and followed in Lotus's format. I'm sure other people might come out with a better shot, but bear with me, at least it's "Simple & Clean". I did it in super paint in 3 minutes. Enjoy.

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 20:11
that looks alsum one thing i cant get rid of the prob where you have to hold the start button to play the game maybe yaustar can help with this crimso_lotus said that he send me a new start screen when he gets on his computer so we will do comparing on title screens and work from there

here is the offiacil beta with the latest anyone feel free to try it out yaustar can ya help with the start screen as its giving me probs

keep ya posted

Apoklepz
June 30th, 2006, 20:19
Ok.

Any new fixes on this one, Gun?

yaustar
June 30th, 2006, 21:21
Warning: the following text will be very harsh. This is what I would say to my team if things would have gotten this far (which I wouldn't allow). However, this is not my team and feel free to ignore the following.

FUNDAMENTALS
Fixed the Start Menu entry. Problem was due to the main game loop calling the TitleScreen function over and over. Learn about program flow.

Where are the comments? Get in the habit of writing comments prior to writing code. Read about pseudocode.

The 'walk off the level' crash bugs are still here! That should have been the first thing to fix on the TODO list. Crash bug fixes are the highest priority on the 'TODO' list

MINOR GRIPES
Lots of memory wastage. Are 2 full sized title screen needed to have a flashing text? If a level has the same image 3 times in the row then why is there 3 seperate image files needed?

Jump animation starts below the standing position.

The screen does not scroll with a 'running jump'.

FINAL WORD
All 5 out of the 5 the bugs that have been reported last time HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED yet new features are being added and/or planned? This will lead to 'knock on' problems. i.e. Add a new feature + Fix and old bug = Broken new feature.

> Fix crash bug when you move below, above, far left and far right of the map
> Seperate the projectiles from the attack animation
> Fix left attack positon/animations (player goes completely off center when firing spells left)
> Seperate the Input from the animation control (at the moment all the attack and running animations are TOTALLY dependent on the length of time the buttons are held down)
> Fix the collision test code for colliding with backgrounds.

There are other glaring problems with the code design and adding other objects/enemies to the scene will show that. This in itself will open up a new can of worms.

WHAT WAS DONE WELL
New animations and graphical ideas look great.

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 21:36
well a guys job is never done yaustar thanx on the input and your exactly right we have to get these out the way before we start on other features so this is what i will devote to right now knocking out all the bugs and things it would help if bear x1 was here as he could help me but apokolipz and everyone is here to so thanx for the quick start menu fix yaustar your a big help your input will always influence our direction on this project so il get on the fixes if i need help i know were everyone is

yaustar
June 30th, 2006, 21:42
Where is Bear anyway? On holiday?

gunntims0103
June 30th, 2006, 21:57
Where is Bear anyway? On holiday?

i think he's on vacation he told me that when he gets back that he'l help me with bugs and such he should be back in a couple of days

oafan
July 1st, 2006, 06:15
this game looks like it has alot of potential, also if you need anymore beta tester just let me know

acn010
July 1st, 2006, 06:18
nice ;)

MasterChafed
July 1st, 2006, 06:57
hmm. I have been reading (all of these pages and all of the last forums pages) recently. I love the game. Great concept, will make a lot of KH fans (including me) very happy. I may have 2 suggestions for the left sprite problems. The first (which I have no idea on how to do, or if it is even possible) is to set a different center orgin for the sprites that are attacking or maybe for the ones that are walking or standing still. The second (which is sort of time consuming to do) is to add "dummy space to the sprite. For instance, make the attack sprite even longer, like, keep the sprite in the same place, but add space to the sprite on the right of the actual image, so that when it renders the attack sprites, it still moves off center, but sora ends up in the correct position. The only problem I can see with this idea would be with battles. Like, if a heartless is behind you and attacks you (while you are facing left) it could easily hurt you from the extra space that is needed for proper sprite rendering. But, if one hit from a heartless won't kill you then you will have plenty of time to turn around and kill him. ;) just my two cents. also, I was wondering if I could become a beta tester? I know it is an annoying question, but since this game has come out, I have wanted to beta test it. So, I really hope my advice is any help at all, and I hope you will consider me as a beta tester.

yaustar
July 1st, 2006, 14:55
These were both mentioned in the uber long thread of 0.1. The dummy space will probably be the easiest as the collision box will always have the same offset from the position of the blit but at the expense of memory.

Shadowblind
July 1st, 2006, 17:39
if only I had a clue as to what the heck that meant

D0N
July 1st, 2006, 18:10
Hi to all the SORA team. I am not going to be able to BETA test for you anymore because I have bricked my PSP with the 2.60 downgrader. :(

Zion
July 1st, 2006, 18:20
thats a shame man. You will have to get the up modchip :D

D0N
July 1st, 2006, 18:26
Nah i'll just get another PSP off ebay

Zion
July 1st, 2006, 18:29
seriously? It will cost you more

D0N
July 1st, 2006, 18:34
How much does the modchip cost in pounds?

gunntims0103
July 1st, 2006, 20:32
wow zion i see your a psp coder now alsum dawd im sorry you broke your psp did your psp come with 2.6 already installed when you got it i might try the downgrader as im hearing that sum have had success

alright bacj to bissness as theres things to take care of bug fixing officailly comencing now

Zion
July 1st, 2006, 20:35
thanks gunntims. :D I have made 2 apps. snake and a picture viewer in Lua. About your beta (the one on this forum) it doesn't load. I tried it yesterday. Is it fixed now?

gunntims0103
July 1st, 2006, 20:42
zoin il e-mail you a fixed version in a sec just messing around with the script and il e-mail working beta or il post it here which ever is better

il be right bac

D0N
July 1st, 2006, 20:42
wow zion i see your a psp coder now alsum dawd im sorry you broke your psp did your psp come with 2.6 already installed when you got it i might try the downgrader as im hearing that sum have had success

alright bacj to bissness as theres things to take care of bug fixing officailly comencing now

It was a previously upgraded PSP. And i don't see why it should have got bricked. :(

Zion
July 1st, 2006, 20:44
thanks gunntims :D

And dawd, buy the modchip! Cost less + Unbrickable PSP :p

Shadowblind
July 2nd, 2006, 03:10
Aaaannnnywaaaayyy....

I have not been on the DCEmu scene due to switching houses. What are ya all working on now?

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 03:14
glad your back shadow your my right hand man i was growing ill with-out you your my partner in crime:D

well we have a start screen which might get changed maybe and sum bugs are fixed still ahvent gotten to enemies but theres light at the end of the tunnel as the bugs are almost all gone and music will be inplamented soon maybe tonight if i get all the bugs out the way

Shadowblind
July 2nd, 2006, 03:35
I saw the start screen, it looks awesome. Do we have a menu screen yet?

Yeah its good to be back :D

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 03:37
well we have a start screen but no menu yet as the team decided to get rid of all the bugs (at yaustars request) out of the way then work on getting new features

Gizmo356
July 2nd, 2006, 04:24
kill those bugs

D0N
July 2nd, 2006, 09:35
thanks gunntims :D

And dawd, buy the modchip! Cost less + Unbrickable PSP :p

How much does it cost in pounds?

laraib
July 2nd, 2006, 10:30
Hello All
seeing that dwad has bricked his psp i will be willing to become a beta tester for this game(i have a 2.6 to and using lua player non-module ver)

i have already test the game i found a glicth....on the tile screen when i press start it goes to the game for a second and then back to the title screen.....so the only way to play waz to hold down the start button and play

ps i dont like the tilte screen so i makin my own. ill post it up later

Crimson_Lotus
July 2nd, 2006, 10:55
Hello everyone. I would just like to know gunntims, if you recieved my email containing the modified title picture? Just wondering because I never recieved the reply.:)

yaustar
July 2nd, 2006, 17:40
Hello All
seeing that dwad has bricked his psp i will be willing to become a beta tester for this game(i have a 2.6 to and using lua player non-module ver)

i have already test the game i found a glicth....on the tile screen when i press start it goes to the game for a second and then back to the title screen.....so the only way to play waz to hold down the start button and play

ps i dont like the tilte screen so i makin my own. ill post it up later
Already fixed in my previous post (look for the bold text).
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=144549&postcount=99

gunntims0103
July 2nd, 2006, 23:32
al right havent been here in a min back to busness i still cant get the stupid bug where the attack is dependant on how long you hold the botton working on that and fixing the map crash as thats still not done

keep ya posted

thanx yaustar for the start menu fix if i didnt thank you already

Shadowblind
July 3rd, 2006, 03:48
so, how close are you to being done with the map crash thing?

gunntims0103
July 3rd, 2006, 03:57
oh i just got back hey shadowblind anyway im working on the map crash bug but i dont know if im suppose to go at it as a coorordinate code or i dont know im trying il get back to ya after that im a try and fix the button attack bug but even before that i have to write in projectiles into the code and seperate the attack projectiles from the original attack so im full of work right now im just limited to the codes i know im getting there

keep ya posted

il try and get a screen shot up as soon as im done hopfully tonight

Nasty Nate
July 3rd, 2006, 04:50
im back again
my family and me went on a camping trip with some friends, whole lotta fun

looks like its comin along great other than some little things

glad to be a part of this \\// PEACE

Bear_XI
July 3rd, 2006, 22:22
Hi guys i just arrive from my 1 week vacation and i a bit off on what you guys did can somone plz tell what a have to do?

gunntims0103
July 3rd, 2006, 22:27
o your back how was your vacation bear sorry i was gone i was out for a min anyways well we have a start screen and some stuff has been fixed but we need to fix the crash bug on the right side of the map you can still run into a script error attacks on the left side have to be fixed as theres still a diplacment and sora goes way off center and thats bout it

glad your back i have to wait for apokolipz to get back as iv not seen him neither and shadowblind come on everynow and then

keep ya posted

saocore
July 4th, 2006, 00:45
hey gun i have played your game wel 0.1 and i really like it a lot, and maybe i can help with something, if you dont have enough beta testers...
(i have been reading the forum lately and noticed you already have a lot) or maybe work on some sprites.

yaustar
July 4th, 2006, 01:46
Hi guys i just arrive from my 1 week vacation and i a bit off on what you guys did can somone plz tell what a have to do?
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=144549&postcount=99
Any one of them. :P

Gaucho27
July 4th, 2006, 08:26
I can't seem to get Sora Adventure 1.0 to work. do I need to downgrade my firmware or what? pls help me. when you see this message.

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 10:10
You have to use the LUA Player. What firmware do you have?

laraib
July 4th, 2006, 10:24
look what i found....the KH font
u guys can use it on the tile screen and in the game
http://www.dafont.com/kingdom-hearts.font

(ps this site has all kinds of fonts.ex.final fantasy,REand much more)

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 10:42
Nice find laraib! Hopefully this will be useful for gunntims0103. ;)

laraib
July 4th, 2006, 14:04
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/mummy91/intro1.jpg
here the intro pic that u migth like...i have personaly made this pic (this pic still needs more editing)

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 15:35
Looks nice. Maybe it will look nicer if you add more colors in...

laraib
July 4th, 2006, 15:48
well lets say im not the master of photoshop colouring

D0N
July 4th, 2006, 15:55
Well ok. Looks alright anyway. :)

gunntims0103
July 4th, 2006, 17:03
wow that screen is looking good well i got to get to work to day tidy some things as always since bear x1 is back we can get somethings done im waiting for apokolipz as iv not sceen him on-line in a while but hopfully i can get the bugs out the way so that we can finally move on the other days i was either lazy or my computer was really slow so im a do sum things today comencing fixes now

keep ya posted

gunntims0103
July 5th, 2006, 02:45
well iv not as of yet inplamented the new start screen and the right map crash is still giving me some troble so il need either bear x1 or apokolipz to help me with this after i will do the usual and post a screen of what i have so far im hoping to get 0.2 out some time this week hopfully

kepp ya posted

Nasty Nate
July 5th, 2006, 04:11
i need to learn LUA, so i can help a little, where'd you learn gunn'?

Gizmo356
July 5th, 2006, 04:20
google type evilmana lua tutorials and in the link click chached

Shadowblind
July 5th, 2006, 04:22
I sent a menu screen a few weeks ago if ya need it

To be honest im not good at bodies, but I can draw heads fairly decently. Im gonna try and follow laraib's example and see what I come up with.

MasterChafed
July 5th, 2006, 04:26
the evilmana site is back up now. just go to www.evilmana.com and go to tutorials and find the ones you need.

Nasty Nate
July 5th, 2006, 04:37
thanx

how do i get it to run on windows

gunntims0103
July 5th, 2006, 05:02
well im back iv been working on 0.2 but still having some probs but i know the team is here tomorrow i have art class so il be back at 11:00 to start working again but theres been a drug bust across the street from my home and im afraid some of my closest friends are mixed in even my own big brother so we are trying to sort this out if worst comes to worst i will take a break from the project cause friend and family matters come first

kepp ya posted

Nasty Nate
July 5th, 2006, 05:18
crap, never mind, ill ask somewhere else

get that sorted out gunn, even if you have no friends, your'e family will always be your family, never forget that

Gizmo356
July 5th, 2006, 05:21
sorry to hear that

Shadowblind
July 5th, 2006, 05:23
Dont forget, as Apoklepz would say, you've got friends in the forums :D

And family definately comes first

gunntims0103
July 5th, 2006, 05:27
well i have my internet friends here as well.....lol........but with all seriousness my friend just got put into a cop car and his range rover was just searched thru and i think they found somthing the crazy thing is that i was about to go to sleep when my brother rushed in my room and looked out my window i looked as well to see 10 of my friends which apparently were just having a good time on 4th of july playing music loudly and cops came then they got searched and the rest is history as i have no dout that theres drugs on some of them i just hope my cusin is alright as he's one of my best friend my brother was taking a shower to go hang out with them till he saw what happned luckily he wasnt there when it happned so he's ok but this is literally going down right in front of my home

well back to the game im hoping on getting things done by the end of the week so that i can release o.2

keep ya posted

Gizmo356
July 5th, 2006, 05:33
omg man hope your friends get out of that unscared

laraib
July 5th, 2006, 09:51
ok hers my title screen ver1.1
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/mummy91/sora-adventu.jpg

Apoklepz
July 5th, 2006, 17:33
Well, looks like a lot has happened since I last was here. I was away camping with my wife and kid at the Keys this whole weekend and I came back yesterday. Any progress on the bugs?

Gun- I'm sorry to hear about your friends and all, but I'm glad your brother and you are out of dangers way.

Dawd- Man that sux about your PSP, you can always visit the thread in my sig. People have been very helpful, and I've come to the conclusion that I'll probably be getting the UP modchip as soon as there's visual proof of restoring a bricked PSP.

Team and testers- Whomever's missing the last beta (with Yaustar's title screen fix) PM me with your email... Or if everybody aproves, I'll go ahead and post it here.

I'm going to be extremely busy with school and work proyects till the end of the week, sorry...but it's the only way I can clear some time and come back to work on KHSA with everybody. Oh, and looks like somebody found the game's true font...that is an awesome addition...thank you.

I will be posting the final sprites for the Fire Attack that I finished last night up here...as soon as I can get to my car at lunch ( I left the disc files in the glove compartment...they're no good there.)

gunntims0103
July 5th, 2006, 21:59
good to see your back apokolipz im not gonna be here for long today maybe later but we have to get the right map crash out the way and comment the code really theres not much to do so we should have 0.2 of sora out by the end of the week hopfully anyway i will commence my fixes later tonight or apokolipz or bear x1 can take a shot at any of the bugs

keep ya posted

Bear_XI
July 6th, 2006, 00:11
Gun can you send me the newest version so i can try to fix bugs and try stuff out.

Zion
July 6th, 2006, 01:22
gunntims, i have removed myself from being a beta tester. I think you should give it to someone with more time on there hands.

Im currently deeply involved with coding Future-Resurection, so ultimatlty do not have time to beta test any other games. :D

Thanks gun :p

gunntims0103
July 6th, 2006, 01:48
its alright zion good luck with your game bear x1 if you didnt get the newest version il send it to you if apokolipz didnt do it himself whats your e-mail again im a write all of them down for future reference(all the teams e-mails)

Bear_XI
July 6th, 2006, 03:19
My email is [email protected]

Gizmo356
July 6th, 2006, 04:23
i didnt get it ether [email protected]

Shadowblind
July 6th, 2006, 04:59
mine is [email protected]

dont get what?

Nasty Nate
July 6th, 2006, 05:57
im on my psp right now sry

mInes [email protected] if not sent already

Gizmo356
July 6th, 2006, 06:02
mine is [email protected]

dont get what?

the latest beta

Shadowblind
July 6th, 2006, 06:05
no I didnt get it either then

laraib
July 6th, 2006, 08:48
can i please be a beta tester
and 1 question
i use to have a 2.6 but i downgraded to 1.5 and now im using lua player 20 but when i load SA i get an eroor sayin something like can not load level or somthing....it was workin gerat on my 2.6

Apoklepz
July 6th, 2006, 23:22
OK, I have way too many things to work on at the moment so I'll upload the "last beta" for a while here so everyone can have a looksie. Don't expect nothing fancy, ok. I'll take it down tonight so hurry and grab it here.

*****FILE REMOVED*****

andz12
July 7th, 2006, 00:10
right ive tryed beta 0.1 and i relly think this could be big (verry big) and if you need any more beta testers (please:D )im happy to help my email is
[email protected] (o and if you get time i know your fixen bugs and getting further but a cool sig would be nice so i could help spread the news:D
o i can beta test any time i just fineshed college and have alot of spar time on my hands about 6 months if u need help ask):)

Shadowblind
July 7th, 2006, 01:55
how far are you on the enemies, gun?

Post a screenshot of what you have so far

Gizmo356
July 7th, 2006, 02:23
yes i would love to see one

Bear_XI
July 7th, 2006, 03:16
Hey guys im working on the HP bar but i dont know in what corner to put it since your the only 2 online which one wounld you prefer?

Gizmo356
July 7th, 2006, 03:24
left corner

Shadowblind
July 7th, 2006, 03:49
That depends. If its gonna be like KH style with Sora's face in the middle Then definatly make it in the lower roght hand corner. If its gonna be generic with magic under health instead of beside it, make it upper left hand corner.

I really hope its KH style :D:D:D

Gizmo356
July 7th, 2006, 03:57
yeah i love kh style

Nasty Nate
July 7th, 2006, 04:38
hey, i just thought of something about the left attacks moving off center
sorry if it sounds stupid but here we go
maybe you have to extend the box of the sprite to the left, maybe the attack makes room for itself by shifting off center
just a thought :\

Gizmo356
July 7th, 2006, 04:41
maybe

Shadowblind
July 7th, 2006, 04:49
big post, gizmo.

and informative, too. :D

hey bear, from the KH2 pic use the health and magic (and if we have drive) bars if ya can. That would be the one where Soras slashin' all the heartless.

The second one which would be KH1 use the command bars if ya can, cause they are just classic :D

Shadowblind
July 7th, 2006, 04:56
of course we can always use the KH-CoM Health menu instead. Like here

MasterChafed
July 7th, 2006, 05:00
i think the CoM healthbar would be much easier to put into the game.

Gizmo356
July 7th, 2006, 05:00
did you make that pic or is it a new beta

one winged angel
July 7th, 2006, 11:16
its a pic of the gba version of kh its called kingdom hearts chain of memories

Shadowblind
July 8th, 2006, 00:12
Of course if we use the CoM health bar we would need to implement a magic bar and drive bar directly under it.

mexicansnake
July 8th, 2006, 00:34
nice game! i cant wait for the new version!

Gizmo356
July 8th, 2006, 00:34
and it would save space

Nasty Nate
July 8th, 2006, 04:35
hey, im learnin LUA right now

but i gotta take a break, its late, and im pretty tired, maybe i could help some later when i get used to all of the variables, and expressions and all that junk

while true do
end
(sweet)

Nasty Nate
July 9th, 2006, 02:23
:eek: what happened to everyone, please dont give up on this

Shadowblind
July 9th, 2006, 02:31
Gunntims0103 isn't posting anymore. I wonder what happend to im?

The Hombrew Hunter
July 9th, 2006, 02:47
Yo guys, after you finish Sora Adventure, you gotta port it to DS using...

http://www.dslua.com/

The DS Lua! It's cool.

Gizmo356
July 9th, 2006, 02:57
hey, im learnin LUA right now

but i gotta take a break, its late, and im pretty tired, maybe i could help some later when i get used to all of the variables, and expressions and all that junk

while true do
end
(sweet)
screen.flip()
screen.waitVblankStart()
end

pad=Controls.read()
if pad:left()then
Player[1].x=Player[1].x+2
end

lol

Shadowblind
July 10th, 2006, 01:01
check this for guages

gunntims0103
July 10th, 2006, 03:48
holy crap sorry for being gone im bac to work just had to take care of some things with family so now im ready thou i will be working on this project sparaticly i will hopfully get every thing done in 2 days time time to really get working IM BACK

Shadowblind
July 10th, 2006, 03:51
too bad bear and apoklepz havent been on in... ahem...1,000,000,000 days.

gunntims0103
July 10th, 2006, 04:00
yea we really need everyone back i guess il try to do with what i got i dont know while i was gone did anyone fix any bugs in the game i lost my placing in the game and i need the latest beta anyone have it anyway im bac and the real work starts tommorrow at around 12:00 hopfully

keep ya posted

Gizmo356
July 10th, 2006, 04:08
thanx for coming back and i have the latest beta give me your email and ill send it to you

Nasty Nate
July 10th, 2006, 05:06
hey, ive tried my idea, making the player width more, but it didnt work

yaustar
July 10th, 2006, 15:59
Now that you have more then one coder on the team, passing code from one person to another will not work. You need to sort out a central online 'drive/repository' so that everyone has access to the latest code at any time.

Shadowblind
July 10th, 2006, 18:37
I wonder where bearxi is

Apoklepz
July 10th, 2006, 19:00
Hey everybody.
Looks like most of us have been with their hands full for some time now...I can relate. I have still to announce that I won't be having internet at home for a while, or at least till this Saturday. Meanwhile, I'm also working hard on studying for my finals while at work and completing a couple of proyects for school that are due by the end of this week and the beggining of next week...So I have no way to work with any bugs or bits this week....If I find a spot of time to do so, I will certainly try, but I can't promise anything, sorry. I know a few of you will see me logged in everyday, as I constantly do so to check any news on the modchip, but that doesn't mean I'm working on progress, unless I post any updates here in the SA dev-thread.
Well, that about covers what I'll be up to....but don't despair, guys...I'll be back soon.

Bear_XI
July 11th, 2006, 00:12
Shadowblind i what here all the time i just din't log in cause no one whas on and whas waiting for GUn to show any respons .

Shadowblind
July 11th, 2006, 00:39
so how are the health magic and whatever bars comin?

Bear_XI
July 11th, 2006, 00:50
actualy i have to start over my stuff got deleted i guess by my dumd bro trying to free space on the comp and he also deleted my Safe copy so i have start again and maybe put the other bar you posted in place if every one agree's

gunntims0103
July 11th, 2006, 17:46
im back so sorry for the sparatic delays my computers internet is really messed up so i can only come on when i can really sorry for the inconvienence anyway like i said 0.2 should be out by the end of the week its just that iv had so many things to take care of and getting online sadly isnt my number 1# priority right now(thou i wish it was) im just really busy hope that the team can understand hey did apokolipz happen to stop by ima catch up on the post and see wats up i just pm'ed gizmo for the latest as my computer files are messed up(i think my bro was messing around) but lets get the bugs out first then hopefully we can move on FINALLY

Gizmo356
July 11th, 2006, 18:22
ok i sent you it

Apoklepz
July 11th, 2006, 20:28
Hey everyone

I managed to sneak some time into making these custom bars for the game. These were done quickly, so they might look a little weird in some parts....will polish later, but it's just to give you guys the main idea...I know it's still too soon to implement them but here they are...I did somewhat use the sheet that Shadowblind posted in the previous page, but since those are someone elses customs, I fit them to look differently. Tell me what you think...I also made a teaser screenshot of what they might look like later, when implemented to the game. Enjoy. I'll try and see if I can finally post the redone fire attack and ice attack sprites maybe tommorrow, as I seem to have misplaced the disk somewhere at home...Will post later.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK...for those of you who didn't see the first ones I posted...here they are finally polished...teaser and all.... Talk tommorrow.

acn010
July 11th, 2006, 20:33
oh this is nice!
lol

Shadowblind
July 11th, 2006, 23:17
It has became later. MUST SEE :D

BTW, the bars on the last page are how the normal Drive, Health and Magic look on KH2.

Apoklepz
July 13th, 2006, 19:16
Well, looks like nothing's been cooking here lately after two whole days.

Gunntims0103:
I need to know if you've had the time to make any fixes to the script, please PM me.

Team:
PM me about any plot ideas.

Shadowblind
July 13th, 2006, 19:26
Those Bars Look Awesome!

Can you use these potraits instead of the other Sora's, though?

Apoklepz
July 13th, 2006, 19:42
Yeah, no problem... You make em?

Would you still like me to leave the card color the same as the Drive level color?

Shadowblind
July 13th, 2006, 20:16
It looks really nice like that, but maybe make the Sora's expression the same every drive level.

Only make his expression change when he gets hit, or is low on health.

Apoklepz
July 13th, 2006, 21:14
OK, will do...but first, I'm doing my own customs...
Judging from the game art of KH2, those custom sprites look somewhat off, besides Sora looks way too blond in them... Here's what I have so far.

Sorry...I'm just perfectionist like that sometimes.

UPDATE...NEW SORA STATUS BARS ARE DONE.

Shadowblind
July 13th, 2006, 21:26
wow, I never noticed how much odd clothes he had 0_0

Apoklepz
July 14th, 2006, 15:09
OK, the final Bars are up. I'll have some time to work on the foreground today, I'll post the results later in the night.

wowzors
July 14th, 2006, 15:38
Wow, those health bars and gauges look top notch. Definetly is coming along. I made a menu from what i like but who knows if anyone else would care for it, but i cant send any pm's for an odd reason and i dont feel like getting bashed for it. so if you guys dont already have a permanent Menu and are intrested at all AIM me or PM me. I can try any way you want.

Apoklepz
July 14th, 2006, 15:56
Thanks...That talk about your custom Menu sounds great, too. Is it an ingame menu or a title screen (some people call them menu screens) ? Can I have a look at it?
If so...send it here:

[email protected]

Gizmo356
July 14th, 2006, 16:07
you need to have ten posts to send pms

wowzors
July 14th, 2006, 16:08
you know what ill risk it lol.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/866/kingdom34zr.jpg

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2559/kingdom26ia.jpg

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/9953/kingdomhearts22xi.jpg

wowzors
July 14th, 2006, 16:11
Its just a general idea thus far i really dont know if anyon will like it, Id imagine this as a Press Start Screen, o something like that. The choos new game screen and stuff would probably be like the top or middle one without any writing. Then again just ideas, and thanks for looking at them.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4866/kingdom3animated0jd.gif

Apoklepz
July 14th, 2006, 17:47
Gotta admit, indeed that looks pretty fresh!
We sure might give good use to your stuff...but not until Shadowblind and Gunntims see them...

What program you use to make the .gif image, and is it free?
Everybody has trial versions and want to charge $25 and up for their gif making programs, but I still haven't come upon something free... I need a complete, free .gif making program...Know of any?

wowzors
July 14th, 2006, 21:22
It is Photoshop mixed with Adobe IMage ready, i wish i could say free but no, very expensive :/ My friend gave me his student license. GIMP may be able to do it but im not sure.

gunntims0103
July 16th, 2006, 14:58
back just catching up on all the posting and stuff sorry for being gone but im doing art school thing and working and my on-line doesnt work so im not on my computer as often as i would like to be im in rochester right now with a friend so i wont be back for a while but i havent given up so il try to work but it will take me sum time so bear with me

keep ya posted(when i can...............)

acn010
July 16th, 2006, 15:06
image ready is guuud :D

Briggzy11
July 24th, 2006, 06:26
Well I just learned from sources (myself) that I have not been here for a VERY VERY long time (Personal Problems & Work) but I am extremely pleased of the outcome of this since I have been away, I have done almost 3 hours research into everything written on this topic and reviewed a number of ideas that each and everyone of you have posted.

The health bars and Sora's head there are brilliant so I am pleased you have contributed making them, The game finally looks more than professional, The start menu looked good in the GIF format and would love to see that implimented as well as menu music etc...

...Just 2 things I would like to ask

1. Will the game be available on a eboot soon?
2. Why is the game so damm good lol?

Keep up with all the good work so far everybody you have done great :D

Bear_XI
July 24th, 2006, 16:26
Is this project dead GUN where are you whe need you.

Kaiser
July 25th, 2006, 15:03
Bumping, with the same thoughts as the person above.

dtothabreezy
July 25th, 2006, 22:10
you can youse game maker to make gifs just type it in yahoo and guess what its also a game maker its free

Briggzy11
July 26th, 2006, 05:41
Well Gunntims is with a friend on some sorta trip I think so hope he has fun anyway :D the project is far from dead for sure

BL4Z3D247
July 26th, 2006, 05:48
i was wonderin where gunntims was, still lookin forward to this game :D

Briggzy11
July 26th, 2006, 09:08
The thing about this game is that it has gotten as far as saying "This is just as professional as any Square Enix game" now :D

gunntims0103
August 3rd, 2006, 01:54
sorry for being gone for so long and leaving every one in the dark about the project i just havent been able to work on sora adventure at all because of no internet connecection in my house at all for a while and only having access to a side kick that i could only use for aim (which i had some brief conversation with zion on his project) i would have thout with me being gone for so long that one of my team would have finish up one level and brought out 0.2 at leased but o well i guess that falls apon me (my greatest apologies for not updating at all very sorry) anyway remember that even when im gone i still think about the game and i didnt just sit on my a$$ all day i actually brust up on some lua coding at least get more in tune with the basics so hopfully this time im back for good im on my friends computer so im hoping to get in the project deeply tommorrow hopfully the team will be back and catch the word that i am back

kepp ya posted......(i plan on doing so)

Zion
August 3rd, 2006, 03:37
Nice to see you back :D

Shadowblind
August 3rd, 2006, 03:40
BOUT FREAKIN TIME WHERE THE HE** WERE YOU
sorry if you wrote why but i gave up hope already. I still think your a figmant of imagination.

ninja9393
August 3rd, 2006, 07:41
BOUT FREAKIN TIME WHERE THE HE** WERE YOU
sorry if you wrote why but i gave up hope already. I still think your a figmant of imagination.
is he like kidding or is he like really pissed off???

Roxas
August 3rd, 2006, 10:29
How do u guys come up with all this great stuff.:D

:p ..Tehehe

BL4Z3D247
August 3rd, 2006, 10:37
good to see ur back gunntims :D

Roxas
August 3rd, 2006, 15:43
LOl this is off the topic but does any1 know wat firmware do u get when u buy a new psp.

Shadowblind
August 3rd, 2006, 15:47
is he like kidding or is he like really pissed off???
im pi**ed off but it was mostly spot anger.

Apoklepz
August 3rd, 2006, 17:06
Okay...since Guntims back, I think it's about time we get things cooking in here. I'm always around BTW...if in need, I'm just a PM away. I'm currently working on the complete level 1 map sprites and I'll hopefully put them up sometime this friday along with the other stuff I've already done. Let's get this game going people!
Oh, and just in case...Cause I know some of you are gonna be asking for it...here's the very last beta version that was being worked on...eons ago, so let's all grab it here and work from there.

Shadowblind
August 3rd, 2006, 17:11
I thought that this project was ending so I didnt get much more sprites. But I did get tons of samus, zelda, kirby, and other sprites due to other projects. I also found anti sora sprites which are actually black colored sora sprites.

Apoklepz
August 3rd, 2006, 18:07
Hey Shadow, Can you send me the Black Sora Sprites?

Shadowblind
August 3rd, 2006, 18:41
sure, but sections of sora are missing

Apoklepz
August 3rd, 2006, 18:45
Oh, I see...they just put a filter over the original sprites...I thought they'd be fully customed out...I could put the yellow heartless eyes on these if we were to use them in the future.

gunntims0103
August 3rd, 2006, 22:02
hello it is i and im bac to give a quick brefing hello team everyone (apokolipz shadowblind yaustar briggzy11)(beta testers) and more (who ever i forgot) i am glad to see with even the project on a slow down the team can still rally together:D thats great i really like the dark sora sprites they look good hey did anyone try to do things with the lua script if so e-mail me please i will post a screen shot and hopfully with a newly acurided knowledge maybe finish up 0.2 in a couple of days (dont no one get exited yet) but i do hope to do so

keep ya posted.......

edit--

i see that apokolipz has placed the latest up so il look thou it and start work from there

specail apologie to shadowblind sorry for keeping you in the dark

Apoklepz
August 3rd, 2006, 22:09
Hey Gun! Long time...glad to have you back.

I posted what was done last in the previous page...I'm pretty sure nothing was worked on after that demo, grab it in my post.

I'd say we need to get Sora moving and attacking like he should first...I'll be working on the complete level 1 map...and if you haven't noticed, I put the bars up a couple of pages back...that needs to be implemented secondly...so when all this is done, we can worry about implementing our very first enemy. Just my approach...what do you think.

Shadowblind
August 3rd, 2006, 22:18
YEAH YA BETTER BE SORRY! Joke! Good to have you back. Anything I can do to help?

gunntims0103
August 5th, 2006, 19:51
well im currently taking a brief look into the script from the last beta and of course there are things that we need to inprove on apokolipz good to see that you are working on a full level and i want to at least get health and magic bar up and an enemie which has been a goal for months now il do some brief fixing cleaning of code and such today so im open for opinions from the team

keep ya posted

NSCXP2005
August 5th, 2006, 21:08
how do you run this under lua player?

dagger89
August 6th, 2006, 00:50
using lua player .16... navigate to the game using the lowser file browser in lua player, and run script.lua