PDA

View Full Version : Tenchu: Time of the Assassins Euro ver.

wraggster
June 26th, 2006, 03:18
New From the Major Hong Kong Store SuccessHK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=112&A=50&Task=Click) :

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/PSP-tenchu-assasins-L.jpg

This PSP entry in the series has you as ninjitsu masters Ayane and Rikumaru in an all-new storyline that takes place immediately following the events of Tenchu: Fatal Shadows. Each character is tied to a different story, and each story offers different levels to play through. In addition to the scenario mode, there is also a 'free mission' mode that's comprised of 50 independent missions to enjoy after you have completed the single-player campaign.
From Software resurrects the mission creation mode from Tenchu II for this handheld edition, allowing you to create your own maps, complete with enemies. These can be saved to Memory Stick for exchange with friends. Players can also engage in cooperative and competitive multiplayer play with multiple selectable characters, both through wireless LAN and USB cable.

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/PSP-tenchu-assasins-X3.jpg

judas_coach
June 26th, 2006, 03:26
USB Multiplayer? Jesus that's going to be stupid. Is that right, it says through WLAN and USB? Why would anyone play through USB?

Video_freak
June 26th, 2006, 03:27
USB multiplayer has got to be the most retarted "add-on" for the psp yet. the cable could be nice for adding a harddrive to your psp though (if we ever find out how...:()

jwilds73
June 26th, 2006, 04:20
It has to be a typo, if they didn't add wifi multiplayer then yeah its totally lame.

Voltron
June 26th, 2006, 06:14
USB multiplayer? That is a step backward. The PSP has built in WiFi. That should be experimented with as much as possible to create better and better WiFi Multiplayer experiences.

Anyway, is this game any good? It is only out in Europe so I can't get my hands on it yet. Has anyone played it? Is it worth buying?

Kloe
June 26th, 2006, 06:16
Players can also engage in cooperative and competitive multiplayer play with multiple selectable characters, both through wireless LAN and USB cable.

it clearly states you can use Wireless multiplayer so why complain about USB when you have wirless htere to use? And also USB multiplayer is mainly used for people that want to play with a friend somehwere that has no internet connection.... it's handy without a wireless connection to use USB so quit complaining about it. sheesh. :p

Voltron
June 26th, 2006, 06:52
And also USB multiplayer is mainly used for people that want to play with a friend somehwere that has no internet connection.... it's handy without a wireless connection to use USB so quit complaining about it. sheesh. :p

Ummm. Ever heard of adhoc? The PSP offers adhoc WiFi so yes, USB is stupid and I will complain dammit!!!

::EDIT::
Unless, you could hook your PSP to your PC with the USB and then play against other users using your PC's network. That would be cool and you would not have to have a friend physically over your house.

But then that is infrastructure. I think all games on the PSP that have ANY multiplayer capabilities at this point should be infrastructure.

uranidiot
June 26th, 2006, 08:33
oh god stop with the stupid post. heres a good question.
1. what firmware is required to play it?
2. are there english subtitles or even english voices?

because i dont want to wait till NOV to get it in the US. yea i live in the US and ashamed of how corrupt my government is. there will be a lot of people going to hell i tell u what!

mr_nick666
June 26th, 2006, 08:47
oh god stop with the stupid post. heres a good question.
1. what firmware is required to play it?
2. are there english subtitles or even english voices?

because i dont want to wait till NOV to get it in the US. yea i live in the US and ashamed of how corrupt my government is. there will be a lot of people going to hell i tell u what!

I live in the UK and I agree with all the above! /\ /\ :rolleyes:

Voltron
June 26th, 2006, 09:27
Whose post was useless uranidiot? Not to be cruel but your post was pretty useless.

You should already know that this is the PAL (EUR) game they posted about. And yes, they have english text (subtitles)

The game "requires" 2.60 firmware. But there are ways around that.

Eternal-Blue
June 26th, 2006, 09:55
Question. Is this the same tenchu that came out in japan some months ago or its a new game?

mr_nick666
June 26th, 2006, 12:53
Whose post was useless uranidiot? Not to be cruel but your post was pretty useless.

You should already know that this is the PAL (EUR) game they posted about. And yes, they have english text (subtitles)

The game "requires" 2.60 firmware. But there are ways around that.

DOH! - Made me look like an idiot too! :(

Voltron
June 26th, 2006, 18:22
DOH! - Made me look like an idiot too! :(

Not trying to make anyone look like idiots, lol - Just didn't like that he was calling the posts useless.

Question. Is this the same tenchu that came out in japan some months ago or its a new game?

Yes, This is the same game, just in English. I also have been hearing that it is not that great. Just a port of the original PS1 game and not a good port either.

judas_coach
June 27th, 2006, 02:59
USB Multiplayer? Jesus that's going to be stupid. Is that right, it says through WLAN and USB? Why would anyone play through USB?
i think we need more details on the "USB Multiplayer" before we can call it stupid. wait.