PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console Pricing

wraggster
June 26th, 2006, 05:04
News from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3859&lsaid=219793):

a month back we covered Nintendo's announcement that the Wii will cost less than ¥ 25,000 (US$ 222, or 174 Euro), but no specific numbers or dates came out. Recently however, Nintendo's president Satoru Iwata let another teaser slip, saying how the actual price point and release date will be revealed by September. During the same press conference the long awaited pricing for the Wii's Virtual Console system was also finally uncovered, sort of ;)

Each title will cost between ¥ 500 and ¥ 1,000, which converts to about US$ 4.50 to US$ 8.99, or 3.49 to 6.99 Euro. Apparently this relates only to entirely new and more simple game releases however, as Satoru Iwata explained idea of creating low-scale titles which startup in just three seconds, and "put an end to turning games into big titles -- like taking simple game concepts, just adding modes and selling for 5800 yen". Whether or not these prices will also apply to downloading NES, SNES, N64, Genesis and TurboGrafx games or not remains to be seen though.

Quay Cur
June 26th, 2006, 19:13
Has anyone found out where the games are stored once they're paid for and downloaded? I'm hoping for a local storage method, but I haven't heard anything about a hard drive.

I can't imagine that Nintendo would store them on their own servers and you would have to download them every time you play, especially with them trying to cut load times as much as possible. Plus that would burn up a perversely huge amount of their bandwith.

Video_freak
June 26th, 2006, 19:36
you save it to the wii's internal flash memory (512 mb) and possibly sd cards