PDA

View Full Version : nds(l)/gba(sp)(m) another fake supercard SD

jojotjuh
June 26th, 2006, 12:30
http://eng.supercard.cn/images/fakesd2s.jpg

Oh My God! The Faker made another Fake SuperCard SD ver. They change the color of circuit from black to green too, but we still can differentiate the Original one and Fake one.

How to differentiate Green Circuit Board FAKE SuperCard SD version

1. The label of FAKE SC is very blurry.

2. The Origianl has a circle inside the top shell.

3. The Fake one will corrupt your SAVE DATA.

4. The Fake one will white screen.
SuperCard Team will not provide after service and upgrade to the FAKE one.

scorpei
June 26th, 2006, 20:24
Damn, I really want to test one out.
Does anyone know a webshop that sells the non-official versions that I can ask for a sample?

cloud_952
June 26th, 2006, 21:00
I imagine the shops online are selling them as "SuperCards". No shop would admit to be selling a "cr** ripoff of the SuperCard!!"

That just doesn't make sense.

scorpei
June 26th, 2006, 21:21
Depends of course on the pricing.
If a shop were to contact me, saying it might have one and would be willing to send it to me for testing.
I would give it a real test on compatibility and etc..
If I would then come to the conclusion that it works as good as an original that would be very good for the shop.
They could sell their product cheaper then the original supercard.
One thing that would have to be done is of course a name change (if only a sticker would be put over it), selling a supercard ripoff does not do good to your image.
Anyhow, if a shop would be willing to try this out mail/PM me.
If you were to contact me I will not, I repeat not start yelling over the internet that you are selling a fake supercard.
Especially if one were to formulate your message as I did up here ("We might have one and if it is one we would like to know it's compatibility") I would have no grounds to anyway.

So you see (even if I can understand shops not bragging about it) there is no need for a shop not to come forward to a select few.
Maybe with a new sticker and name this would even become a good product (if it's cheaper there will always be people willing to pay for it).

*just my opinion*

DimensionT
June 27th, 2006, 17:23
Look at the fourth comment in the original post:

Not exactly sure what they mean because of the English, but I think this means you just get a white screen when you try to boot the fake one.

Won't make much sence to try and test compatibility when it won't even give you a menu to boot stuff from, :p.

I have an idea though (maybe a stupid one). Is there a way to update the firmware on the fake one? Maybe you can update it with the REAL firmware...

Nevermind, you have to boot the update from the SC menu. :D.

danielmakana
June 27th, 2006, 18:20

I have a feeling that that is just a bunch of crap to get you to not buy the fake one. Or to discourage retailers from accepting the fake ones.

scorpei
June 27th, 2006, 18:20
Look at the fourth comment in Nevermind, you have to boot the update from the SC menu. :D.
Or flash the Chip.

jojotjuh
June 27th, 2006, 18:54
I have a feeling that that is just a bunch of crap to get you to not buy the fake one. Or to discourage retailers from accepting the fake ones.

whow ould want a fake one anyway?

ACID
June 27th, 2006, 19:12
I had no success with the original one bought it from there web because they said they will help me install it spend a fortune and then they didn't help so its not like they will help Any ways.

acn010
June 27th, 2006, 19:23
lol, damn chinos.
i dont know why, but it does the same shit, but the fake will come out cheaper but no warrenty if it brakes by any means.
i got bootleg games and some are different from the original.......... and does the same crap as the original

danielmakana
June 27th, 2006, 20:23
Well if i could get a fake one for less and it worked just as good I would go with the fake one.

acn010
June 27th, 2006, 20:34
Well if i could get a fake one for less and it worked just as good I would go with the fake one.
lol, you know that your gonna support piracy.
lol
everthing is getting a bootleg version, clothes, shoes, tv's, computers, god so many things

danielmakana
June 27th, 2006, 23:49
In general I dislike piracy. But for something like this i dont really mind it.

acn010
June 28th, 2006, 01:19
lol. generally i dont mind either, cause i have to save mony in order t buy the Wii and the PS3 at the same time.
:)