PDA

View Full Version : What maps do u want to see from Halo 1 - 2

ALF
June 27th, 2006, 01:01
check out the Halo 2 map im makin aka. Turf :D

xtreameracer01
June 27th, 2006, 01:42
I'm gonna try to make Warlock from Halo2 when i have the spare time...

PSPNOOB101
June 27th, 2006, 03:12
I Would Like To See Coagulation Or Accension!(sorry If I Mis-spelled Any Words)O YAAAA IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD MAYBE MAKE HALO CHARACTERS.(LIKE SPARTIN IN DIFFRENT COLORS)

stotheamuel
June 27th, 2006, 04:15
Containment (lmao if that was possible) no I can't remember but i loved it in Halo 1 but it was like 3 layers on each side and you had to teleport to get to it... to bad it wont be possible..... :( no teleport

ALF
June 27th, 2006, 19:05
Im gonna put up the progress ive made for Turf later on today hopefuly.

but i would really like to see most of u guys/gals all help each other cuss it would be realy kick ass if we had sothing like a Halo Project Team.

ALF
June 27th, 2006, 19:10
I'm gonna try to make Warlock from Halo2 when i have the spare time...

Warlock that was gonna be my first project but i wanted something bigger but i could help u out with, that if u dont have that much spare time...:)

PSPNOOB101
June 27th, 2006, 19:26
Hey That Would Be Real Cool.where Can I Find Turf And Warlock.

ALF
June 27th, 2006, 19:33
:p They havent been created yet but tell be around soon enough. Im workin on Turf and xtreameracer01 might work on Warlock.

Well it wouldnt let me upload the old pic i had from last week new ones should be posted later on today :cool:

PSPNOOB101
June 27th, 2006, 20:01
Thanks For The Info.what Do I Need To Make New Characters?(program)

ALF
June 28th, 2006, 05:25
to make characters i would use MilkShape u can download a free trial http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/index.html

but i cant help u with models im more into maps

xtreameracer01
June 28th, 2006, 07:58
Warlock that was gonna be my first project but i wanted something bigger but i could help u out with, that if u dont have that much spare time...:)
I would appreciate the help...im gonna work on it the next few days then try to give u my files because i will be out of town this weekend...

xtreameracer01
June 28th, 2006, 10:00
Also ALF, i would highly appriaciate if u could find some textures that look like ones from Warlock, i am searching but most of the ones i have are not gonna cut it...but may have to...

ALF
June 28th, 2006, 17:56
ya ill be sure to look if i have any textures that look like warlock. and if not ill see if i can make some.

PSPNOOB101
June 28th, 2006, 19:43
hey for some reason project 54 wont work on my psp or any of the iris 2.0 maps .plaese help!!!

xtreameracer01
June 29th, 2006, 00:36
ya ill be sure to look if i have any textures that look like warlock. and if not ill see if i can make some.
That would be great... all i need is textures, mapping isnt the problem...

xtreameracer01
June 29th, 2006, 00:41
hey for some reason project 54 wont work on my psp or any of the iris 2.0 maps .plaese help!!!
Do you have the patch installed? You know, the Bspmaps with the models folder in it... other than that, idk

ALF
June 29th, 2006, 02:30
i dont think i have anything really close to Warlock, but ill see if i can edit some of my textures.

xtreameracer01
June 29th, 2006, 04:02
i dont think i have anything really close to Warlock, but ill see if i can edit some of my textures.
Ok...Thank you very much...i have tried to make my own textures but when i convert them to the right format, size and quality they still dont work at all...on iris at least...i can see and use the textures i made in the mapping program but wont load/show up in iris...

ALF
June 29th, 2006, 06:09
Ok...Thank you very much...i have tried to make my own textures but when i convert them to the right format, size and quality they still dont work at all...on iris at least...i can see and use the textures i made in the mapping program but wont load/show up in iris...

:) do u have paint shop pro?

xtreameracer01
June 29th, 2006, 07:55
No, i just use Windows Paint and a image converter to make the pics from .bmp to .tga

ALF
June 30th, 2006, 06:30
o thats to bad it works much better with paint shop pro. if u have limewire u could download it thats were i got mine just make sure u download one with a key generartor.

xtreameracer01
June 30th, 2006, 09:17
I have to try that when i get back into town... if its not to much to ask ALF, do u mind if u would send me your Halo textures sometime this weekend? So when i get back in, i can get right into mapping Warlock...

ALF
June 30th, 2006, 10:16
Ya no prob i just have to get them together and ill help out if u need anything else.

xtreameracer01
June 30th, 2006, 11:04
You can either PM them to me in a file (if you can do that,havent tried) or send it to my email [email protected]

call the email "Halo Textures",if u send it in a email then ill know for sure what it is

Buddy4point0
June 30th, 2006, 16:53
xtreamracer you said you use windows paint so do i do u save your files a 24-bit or 256 colors

xtreameracer01
June 30th, 2006, 17:27
i think 24-bit .bmp's...why?

Produkt
June 30th, 2006, 17:41
NO BMP's FOO!

Targa files! The iris engine works with uncompressed Targa files it supposrts 24bit and 32bit!

There are important things you need to know about the textures aswell!

Each image must only have 256 Unique colors! that doesnt mean you have to use the crappy windows 256 colors! no they can be ANY 256 colors. every program is different on how you do this, so it is up to you to figure out how

Question: What's the difference between 24bit and 32bit

Answer: a 24bit image has 3 channels R (red) G (green) and B (blue) each manages a color on the color spectrum. these 3 togeather make up a colorfull image! now a 32bit Image has those same 3 channels PLUS! it has an Alpha Channel! this channel indicates to programs that display 32bit Targa images that there is an alpha transparency to the image!

The extra channel adds to the size of the final image, even if you dont use it!

The big problem right now is Iris currently doesn't support alpha channels. so we sugest you save your memory card space and save all textures as 24bit TGA's

I would also like to point out that the psp doesnt support 24bit images, so! to compensate for this problem Iris will add a blank alpha channel to 24bit TGA's effectivly making a 24bit tga and a 32bit tga the same exact size in Vram (Dram)

That is todays rundown on Iris and the texture system! Keep on modding!

- Produkt

xtreameracer01
June 30th, 2006, 17:51
NO NO NO......i dont try to use .bmp in iris, i make my image into a .bmp then convert it into .tga using something called "Deluxe Image Converter" or something like that...

And.....so......do i save it as 24Bit or 256 color TGA's when i convert my images to make them the correct format?

Produkt
July 1st, 2006, 02:34
each program is different It is up to you do figure out what the proper method is.

xtreameracer01
July 6th, 2006, 00:07
I've given up on trying to make my own textures...i put them in the right format and everything using my converter software and Gimp...

JKKDARK
July 6th, 2006, 03:20
I only wish that the next game will be cancelled:p

ALF
July 6th, 2006, 19:49
very sorry for the long wait ive had to work double due to 4 of july but i have a couple of textures for u, im gonna gather them up and ill email them to u very soon. :)

jasonc
August 26th, 2006, 22:07
when will the map turfbe done

jasonc
August 27th, 2006, 09:55
sorry when will the map turf be done

ALF
August 28th, 2006, 08:18
really sorry man ive been realy busy so i havent touched the map in some time, and due to the first person shooter and other projects, i was thinking that nobody is gonna be willing to work on iris. But that comp for iris maps looks intresting to me so hopefully ill release it before the comp and make a v2 of the map when the comp starts.

its nice to hear that some people wanna see the Turf map that ive been makin :)

jasonc
August 28th, 2006, 11:17
plzzz can you just realse the map with no tectures or somthing

ALF
August 28th, 2006, 17:34
? why do u want it so bad and with no textures. Is this your idea of scamming someone cuss if so then your doing a really bad job.

xtreameracer01
August 29th, 2006, 00:56
ALF, just take your time......oh yeah if you release the Turf map before the mapping comp., you cant enter it or update it and then enter it into the comp........those are what Produkt said for the rules.....

ALF
August 29th, 2006, 07:45
Thanx for the heads up, i just hope i dont get caught up into much homework when skool starts on wednesday. but not to worry if i dont have this map out by then then there`s something wrong with me.

jasonc
August 29th, 2006, 10:51
what do you mean by scamming i just wanted to show my friends and turfh is my faviourte map

ALF
August 29th, 2006, 18:53
ok but it takes time to make a map and even longer to make models. So Please give us time dont rush us and maybe you should get into maping for iris instead of asking everyone; "can you make a zanzibar map ect..."

Produkt has a nice Tut on how to get started. So give it a try, or gust sit back and wait, better yet just play halo 2 all day since you're so into the game.

jasonc
August 29th, 2006, 19:28
:( :( i was just saying sorry:( :(

starfox5194
August 30th, 2006, 01:40
lol its wednesday well... almost wheres the map???
huh? huh? JK in just playin take ur time even w8 4 compo .

all other naggers listen to me get another tining to worry about mabye mod ur xbox and over heat ur motherboard or learn c++ and have u brain xplode from too much reading......

ok that wuz a rly weird post...... bye

ALF
August 30th, 2006, 06:51
nice real nice, but im gonna release turf in the comp due to the rules that Produkt stated cuss if u release a map before the comp thin try and upgrade it for the comp he wount let you.

So just ShuT uP and wait!

jasonc
August 30th, 2006, 15:26
k

max_hempfling
April 17th, 2007, 03:44
i know how to make models..... mabey i shud make a nice easy to use tutorial :P

Buddy4point0
May 5th, 2007, 18:39
lol nt, iris is dead, i thought u realized that