PDA

View Full Version : PSP ScummVM 0.9.0 "The OmniBrain loves you" released

wraggster
June 27th, 2006, 04:19
ScummVM has been updated for multiple formats, heres whats new:

It has been almost 8 months since we started to work on the 0.9.x code branch and today we're pleased to announce the release of ScummVM 0.9.0 "The OmniBrain loves you".

Many things are waiting for you, one of the most noticeable is the new and improved GUI. We also added support for 2 completely new games — The Legend of Kyrandia and The Feeble Files.

Other important changes include:

Reworked detection code for SCUMM games. Now all your fan translations will work out of the box
Added subtitle configuration controls to the options dialog
New official Atari/MiNT port
Much improved WinCE port
Numerous bugfixes in the SCUMM, SAGA, Simon, Broken Sword 2 and BASS engines

Heres more info about ScummVM

ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the game, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!

ScummVM lets you run these adventures: Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system. SCUMM is used for many games, including Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more. Compatibility with supported games is continually improving, so check back often.

http://www.scummvm.org/

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 27th, 2006, 17:11
Cool dragged it down off another site works well.Was worried earlier nice to see the site back up now !!!

RemixUnlimited
June 27th, 2006, 18:38
Works awesome.
<3 scumm

Cho Aniki
June 27th, 2006, 18:47
Very nice gui and Feeble files works great!

ACID
June 27th, 2006, 18:54
Great job kudos to the team

mr_nick666
June 27th, 2006, 19:09
Been using this from the start and it just gets better! :D
Monkey Island 1+2 down, BASS on the way! :)

fucht017
June 27th, 2006, 21:15
Broken Sword crashed...I've got the continue screen,but when i restart,it crashes!....:confused: i've got a 1.5 by the way.

Cho Aniki
June 27th, 2006, 21:22
These are the files that Broken Sword 1 requires
*.clu
swordres.rif
MUSIC folder
SPEECH folder
Rename speech.clu on CD1 to speech1.clu
Rename speech.clu on CD2 to speech2.clu

Also don't forget the special Cutscene packs which Broken Sword requires which you can download here: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php#extras

fucht017
June 27th, 2006, 21:26
It's not the game what crashes,but the openings video..because when i used the restored one,it runs smooth.....;) Thanks again SCUMMVM team:D :D

fucht017
June 27th, 2006, 21:30
I've got al the correct files and videos.I have SCUMM on just about all my systems...but thanks Cho Aniki;)

12loogies
June 27th, 2006, 23:55
I to noticed the broken sword "bug". You can continue a game, but cannot restart one.
AWESOME upgrade though!!

BALL_SAC
June 28th, 2006, 09:26
LOL!!!!
I can sense the Undiluted Platnimum coming to a end. Unless you have upgraded to 2.7 of coarse. 2.5 and 2.6 Firmwares have been cracked allowing people who use homebrew to play in the kernal. Allowing People with 2.5,2.6 to play homebrew just like people who have 1.5!

I am so glad that I didnt waste my precious money on some stupid peice of silicone.

Backtash
June 28th, 2006, 11:29
does this work on fw 2.71???

the one and only
June 28th, 2006, 12:50
nope sorry,

jpalz
July 1st, 2006, 17:44
Hiya. I've got a PSP with 2.6 firmware and I've been trying to use SCUMMVM for a while and I can't get it to work. I've used eLoader (bought GTA around February, so I don't know if it's patched), select SCUMMVM and then it dumps back to Eloader. Could somebody please explain me how do I install SCUMMVM properly and get it to work?

Thanks in advance ;)

Gazz021
July 9th, 2006, 23:19
hi anyone,I ve got ScummVM working on my psp and i am playing Indiana Jones-fate of atlantis :D . Can someone tell me if any dos games work on ScummVM too?

Stoner4Life
October 11th, 2006, 00:23
Hey what about alone in the dark series

mr_nick666
October 11th, 2006, 09:25
hi anyone,I ve got ScummVM working on my psp and i am playing Indiana Jones-fate of atlantis :D . Can someone tell me if any dos games work on ScummVM too?

Im not 100% sure but I think some of the games Im running come up as DOS :rolleyes: Ive got Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2, Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and 2, Flight of the Amazon Queen, Inherit the Earth, Gobliiins, The Legend of Kyrandia, Monkey Island 1 and 2, Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max Hit the Road on my PSP at the moment :eek: Its a GREAT emulator as I love the old PC point and click games :p

Baboon
October 11th, 2006, 09:38
Monkey Island 1&2 are also on my PSP... two of my favourite games ever! :)

I’m sure when I had it on my Amiga it was on about 12 discs! lol

Great games. :)

jak66
October 11th, 2006, 13:05
anyone here know about the 0.9.1 svn that was made (dont remember it getting a news post or anything)
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=1780

lee83
October 17th, 2006, 18:03
does anyone know if monkey island 1+2 and the broken sword games are available to download from the net? i want to play bs and mi whilst on long car journeys etc,but i cant find the files anywhere...and thats including P2P sites,limewire etc....

jak66
October 17th, 2006, 18:06
yes there are places (for the monkey island ones at least) but due to copyright protection an everything, link to the downloads are illegals, so you cannot ask for them here