PDA

View Full Version : Blizz will "definitely" make console game

wraggster
December 21st, 2009, 10:35
In an interview with Gamasutra celebrating 15 years of Warcraft, World of Warcraft producer J. Allen Brack has stated the company will definitely return to making console games at some point in the future, despite a 15-year absence from the market.

"We're a company of gamers," Brack said. "I have two consoles at home. Sam [Didier, art director] has consoles. We're a culture of gamers. We will definitely work on a console game at some point. I have no doubt about that. It's just [a matter of] what game. What makes the most sense?"

Brack also said, "It's obviously because we've made only PC games for the last 15 years, but there's a perception, I think, that Blizzard is anti-console, and that's absolutely not the case."

But Didier moved to defend the health of the PC gaming market. "I don't see the PC market as being bad," he said. "I mean, we didn't have 12 million players ten years ago. Whatever the format, console or PC, I think if there is a good game, it's going to be played.

"We're working on PC because it's familiar to us and it's relatively easy and it's not changing formats every other year and there aren't three different versions. Console, we have to worry about [those things]. I think the PC is really a good market to target."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/blizzard-will-definitely-make-console-game